Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 12/27/2000 2:10:00 AM   
jsaurman

I have noticed that when you look at a unit specifics in the "buy units" screen, below the small icon that represents the vehicle, there is garbled numbers representing the right side thickness, and also the right turret thickness. I don't know if this is something in the graphics or OOB. Also in some years (like soviets about 1944), the buttons for choosing armor or infantry run off the bottom of the page. Sometimes there are buttons for classes like "Tracked FO" that do nothing. Also I wish that all the Infantry could be grouped together, and all armor together. The way it is now, you have Light Tank and Heavy Tank Together, then you have Medium Tanks off somewhere on some other page altogether. Not a fatal flaw but annoying. Another change I would like to see is the ability to buy just ONE of something. Tanks, trucks, guns, all are sold in multiples of two or four or more. What if I just want ONE??? You used to be able to buy a single med truck, you can't anymore! I am sure I will have more comments, but that is all for now.

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 31
- 12/27/2000 2:30:00 AM   
Warhorse

The reason for the run-off is too many formations for the buy screen page. At one time in one of the builds, there was a next button, but it must have caused problems as it no longer is there. You can only have 28(I think) max formations on the particular buy screen. That is also why there are some tank formations in other buy screens, iemisc, or whatever. I personally would have liked to see larger oob's, and buy screens with the next button like SPWW2, but you can only mess with the exe. so much, and you can see by the bugs that pop up already what the consequences are with doing anything at all to the existing exe.!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 32
- 12/27/2000 3:28:00 AM   
Major Destruction

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peregrine Falcon: [B] Is British tank buster Hurricane there? It is available with RAAF. Hurricane IID with 40mm cannon. Buy it there.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 33
- 12/27/2000 3:31:00 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by Blackbird: Yes you can, but only 'til the end of 1941. But why are no SO Marines available for buying? Where should they be? I can only upgrade to them.
Looks like a minor fix is necessary for the Soviets. I can put the Cavalry back in and make the marines available. I don't think the Marines should have infiltration capability. It was reclassing them to "Marine" that made them unavailable since there was no Marine formation. Any other comments on Soviet?

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 34
- 12/27/2000 3:38:00 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by Joe Osborne: Looks like a problem with USMC 155 Gun Bty (not the 155 How Bty above it) it only contains the 75 mm How OBA no 155 at all.... Joe Osborne
155's only available from 6/43 75's available before that. Historical?

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 35
- 12/27/2000 3:46:00 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by Slayer: I don't think that the Soviet OOB allowed me to buy Heavy AA-guns (76.2mm, 85mm).
These are classed as Heavy Flak. Have taken note and will correct. Please note: USSR OOB was not fully checked. Only a few minor changes were made. Unfortunately, these created some new problems which will be fixed in time- soon I hope!

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 36
- 12/27/2000 3:57:00 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by Arralen: It's the Spw-251/21. It does have a triple Mg 151 mount, correct. There are two different Mg151 in the OOB: w#220 MG 151/15 range:100 acc:44 w-head:2 Hekill:12 PenHE:27 (AA gun) w#238 MG 151 range:24 acc:40 wh:2 HEkill:5 PenHe:30 (A/C gun) The spw251 uses the first one .. in slot 1..3; could be that the HEkill is a bit too high, but have a look at a .50-AA-MG: range:80 acc:36 wh:1 HEkill:12 PenHE:24 ??? Comment please, Paul ? Arralen
Why would a triple weapon have lower range or penetration that a single weapon. The Warhead size should not be reduced. I would copy weapon 220 to a vacant slot (Maybe the duplicate FG 42 slot). Rename it appropriately to reflect the triple gun. Then increase HE Kill to not greater than 36. See other multiple weapons in other Nations to see how they were handled. The SPAA Unit should have only one such weapon.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 37
- 12/27/2000 4:05:00 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by BlitzSS: quote:hey blitz, just a confirmation that you aren't going nuts. i pulled out my old AH tobruk game and checked the ranges for the grant tank. (Desert has always been my fav theatre and not coincidently the grant and pzIIIj my favorite tanks). The 37mmM6 has a max range of 2025 meters (27 hex range at 75 metres per hex) while the 75mmM2 has a max range of 1750 metres (17 hexes). happy hunting
The US Lee Tank (unit 17) has the same range for the 75mm gun (1750m-35 hexes) but the 37mm gun has a lower range (1500m-30 hexes). I have no answer for that. [This message has been edited by Major Destruction (edited December 26, 2000).]

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 38
- 12/27/2000 4:27:00 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by jsaurman: Also in some years (like soviets about 1944), the buttons for choosing armor or infantry run off the bottom of the page. Sometimes there are buttons for classes like "Tracked FO" that do nothing. Another change I would like to see is the ability to buy just ONE of something. Tanks, trucks, guns, all are sold in multiples of two or four or more. What if I just want ONE??? You used to be able to buy a single med truck, you can't anymore! I am sure I will have more comments, but that is all for now.
Can you specify which month you find the menu runs off screen? I see Lend Lease Co at the bottom of the armour screen in 1944. This is the last formation. There is nothing below that. You will find some TOE-accurate Regiment size armour units in the "Misc" menu. They are there only because the armour menu is full. I used the Misc menu as an overflow. You will find similar 'problems' in the other major powers where AA may occur in the Artillery menu or the Misc menu- whatever is convenient. Personally, I am happy just to be able to get all the armoured car formations together, then the Lt Tanks, etc....It's not easy. I don't know why it's not easy, it's a mystery how some nations fit together with no problems while others never seem to work well. We do the best we can in the time available. You may have single trucks if you wish, but only until I fill up all the slots in all of the purchase menus.......... Mike's answer explains the problem. If you want to buy a single tank (unit) for generated battle play, spend all your points on expensive items allowing only sufficient points to buy that one tank. Then delete all the expensive items and repurchase your force. It's a workaround I sometimes use if I want to buy only one Tiger, for example, in a battle where I have limited points. Alternatively, you can buy a company of tanks and delete all the platoons, leaving the command tank in your roster. Hope this helps.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 39
- 12/27/2000 4:33:00 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by jsaurman: . Sometimes there are buttons for classes like "Tracked FO" that do nothing
Tracked FO units are not available prior to 6/42 although the formation has room for one from 1930. These 'ghost' formations are difficult to deal with and annoying to encounter in the purchase screen, but we are trying to eliminate them. Worse is a ghost formation that should have units available, or units that are available but not assigned to a formation (such as the Soviet Marines). I need to know of these so I can fix the problems. Please keep sending your comments.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 40
- 12/27/2000 4:34:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Major Destruction: Other 75mm Aircraft weapons have HE Pen of 60. Suggest you use a number close to that.
Nope. This wasn't an A/C gun, or a converted howitzer - it was a PAK (using the same ammo as far as I know) I'll wait for comment from Paul !! Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 41
- 12/27/2000 4:47:00 AM   
Harry

20mm Kwk30 L55 (008) is firing at aircrafts. This should not be possible. Mounted on Armored Cars and SPWs

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 42
- 12/27/2000 5:24:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by jsaurman: Sometimes there are buttons for classes like "Tracked FO" that do nothing. Another change I would like to see is the ability to buy just ONE of something. Tanks, trucks, guns, all are sold in multiples of two or four or more. What if I just want ONE??? You used to be able to buy a single med truck, you can't anymore! I am sure I will have more comments, but that is all for now.
The catagory like tracked fo, that has no choices under it, are there because at that time period there were no vehicles for that task, though the oob may have had one there in previous versions of spwaw. As for single vehicles, almost never would you send one vehicle out alone, fo's being one of the exceptions. You always send two, so if one breaks down, the other can tow it back. Remember this is less than 20 years after a US army test that showed troops on bicycles could move further than troops on trucks, because the trucks broke down all the time. thanks, John.

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 43
- 12/27/2000 6:33:00 AM   
cjpaul

Regarding the Hs 129B-3 and the Bk7.5; The Bk7.5 was the Pak40 with the carriage removed, an automatic loader added, and a different muzzle brake. It used the same exact ammunition as the Pak40 and had the same EXACT performance as the Pak40. Cheers, cjpaul

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 44
- 12/27/2000 6:52:00 AM   
Warhorse

quote:

Originally posted by Harry: 20mm Kwk30 L55 (008) is firing at aircrafts. This should not be possible. Mounted on Armored Cars and SPWs
Well, yes it should, but really only on the PSW 221, 222, it was essentially the same weapon, and it had the mount to allow shooting at aircraft!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 45
- 12/28/2000 4:00:00 PM   
Steel Thunder

Ju-87 Stuka G-1 with 37mm cannons is not a dedicated attack plane. I think it should be. It is true that you can't buy heavy flak for russians. Want that Hurricane IID with 40mm cannons, it was a real tankbuster in Africa. Why USMC and British forward observers are so rare. Both have 93 in radio value. Steel Thunder

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 46
- 12/29/2000 12:44:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Major Destruction: It is available with RAAF. Hurricane IID with 40mm cannon. Buy it there.[/B]
But it is still only available to ANZAC during 1942....This is not right... It WAS used still in Far East during 1944. And why it is not available to British forces? Several RAF Squardons used it from 1942/43-1945. I'm picky, but I also love this plane! [This message has been edited by Peregrine Falcon (edited December 28, 2000).]

--Peregrine Falcon--

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 47
- 12/29/2000 5:03:00 AM   
Redleg

Japanese OOB in 42 - A+ and A* infantry are listed as "elite" at the top but below, they are listed as "second line infantry". Regular Japanese infantry have an option of SNLF Hq for each formation???

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 48
- 12/29/2000 7:00:00 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by Peregrine Falcon: [B And why it is not available to British forces? Several RAF Squardons used it from 1942/43-1945. [/B]
Quite simply, there is no room in the UK unit list for it.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 49
- 12/29/2000 7:17:00 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by Redleg: Japanese OOB in 42 - A+ and A* infantry are listed as "elite" at the top but below, they are listed as "second line infantry". Regular Japanese infantry have an option of SNLF Hq for each formation???
As I understand, the A formations were strengthened units- had more men and resources and were given to the best commanders. B formations were regular units but not necessarily poorer soldiers, their deployment may have been suitable in different locations from strengthened units, I don't know. C formations were used as garrison troops and found mainly in the conquered regions of China. Again they were not necessarily poorer quality troops indeed they may have been seasoned veterans but older or not so fit. Since we have no C formations in the game, there are no "secondline" troops. Using that class was for convenience of separating the units in the various formations only. Sometimes the classes 'cross over' into a formation to which they do not belong. This is why sometimes you will find platoons with squads of 20 men with knee mortars *and* the knee mortar squad. There were only 3 (or 4) knee mortars per platoon. The platoon commander would decide whether to allocate them piecemeal to the squads or use them together as a separate unit. Usually, any fourth kneemortar was used only in the platoon command squad for signalling. So you should have *either* one knee mortar per squad or 3 knee mortars per platoon but not both if you want historical compliance. You see the same problem with those platoon HQ units. Just be sure to use the SNLF HQ with the SNLF squads if you want historical compliance. If there is a way to better keep units out of the wrong formations, I am eager to learn.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 50
- 12/30/2000 6:03:00 AM   
Arralen

Problem is - "second line inf" is supposed to work with v4.5 and give the troops -10 exp. . has anyone checked this ? Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 51
- 12/30/2000 7:32:00 AM   
Warhorse

Arrelen, that is only the function of the 'special flag' 20, I believe.It's like the Motorized, and Armored Engineers, i was sad to realize they are NOT really engineer classes in anything other than name, they will not clear, or lay mines ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 52
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI