Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Stone and the Waves

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: The Stone and the Waves Page: <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/1/2011 7:00:06 PM   
GreyJoy

Aug 31 - Sept 1 1943

While another TF of mine pays a visit to Auki during night time (we're not causing too much damage, but enough to keep Rader uneasy with the idea of basing in his front line bases too many air units), ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Naval bombardment of Auki at 115,136

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 60 damaged
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 2 destroyed on ground

Allied Ships
CA Louisville
CA Portland
CL Trenton
CL Detroit
CL Leander
DD Woodworth
DD Duncan
DD Aaron Ward
DD Monssen
DD Grayson

Japanese ground losses:
501 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 7 destroyed, 48 disabled
Engineers: 3 destroyed, 33 disabled

Airbase hits 31
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 96
Port hits 33
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 3

East of Sydeny the Boise found another AMC which, the night of the 28th, had savaged 2 xAKLs moving to Aukland....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Time Surface Combat, near Lord Howe Island at 98,179, Range 19,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
AMC Akagi Maru, Shell hits 9, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
CL Boise, Shell hits 1
DD Gilmer, Shell hits 1, heavy fires
DD King

The Boise was moving back to Shipyard to Sydeny in order to get repaired after the collision suffered last week at tulagi....

The battle was less one sided that i expected....the Akagi Maru fired several salvos of 150mm...one mauled the DD Gilber and another one cause 27 (TWENTYSEVEN) sys damage to the Boise...then finally the 6inch Boise's cannons finished the bastard who sunk the next day...
Even the Gilber should get back safely to Sydney

While our Eastern Army moved out of Hyderabad, we sent 50 Liberators to bomb Multan at 24k....darn! Flak is intense over there...will be a tough march...i know...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by GreyJoy -- 10/1/2011 7:01:08 PM >

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 2701
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/2/2011 11:03:19 PM   
GreyJoy

Sep 4, 5 1943

A good turn on the seas.
While we are both clearly massing our forces for the fighting autumn to come, and while in India our Eastern Army is already 2 hexes far from Hyderabad (no sign of attack by his air force yet), in SOPAC our PTs raided Thousands Ships bay at night and found a 10 PBs TF...clearly moving supplies to the targeted base...we sunk a PB losing a PT...a nice exchange!

Night Time Surface Combat, near Thousand Ships Bay at 114,136, Range 6,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
PB Hakkaisan Maru
PB Hokutai Maru, Shell hits 1
PB Hirota Maru
PB Ikuta Maru
PB Kasyu Maru
PB Kensin Maru
PB Kogane Maru, Shell hits 5
PB Kenan Maru
PB Konsan Maru
PB Sinko Maru
PB Senyo Maru
PB Sensan Maru
PB Kinsyo Maru #4, Shell hits 11, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Allied Ships
PT-346
PT-347
PT-350
PT-355, Shell hits 5, on fire, heavy damage

Then it was time of our subs to finally make a couple of good attacks!
We sunk an AV north of Bouganville and a PB nearby, while near Tavoy 2 big jap xAPs were torpedoed...not bad

Sub attack near Lihir at 113,118

Japanese Ships
AV Goyo Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
PB Kaiun Maru

Allied Ships
SS Sealion

Submarine attack near Victoria Point at 49,65

Japanese Ships
xAP Hakusan Maru, Torpedo hits 1

Allied Ships
SS Amberjack

Submarine attack near Victoria Point at 49,66

Japanese Ships
xAP Kamakura Maru, Torpedo hits 1

Allied Ships
SS Haddock

Sub attack near Lihir at 113,118

Japanese Ships
PB Kaiun Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Sealion

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2702
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/2/2011 11:15:45 PM   
obvert

Your subs are going nuts all of a sudden!

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2703
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/2/2011 11:23:54 PM   
GreyJoy

Well, i'd trade those hits with the missed ones on CVs and BBs every day....but i get what i get and live on :-)

We lost contact with the KB however...and that's not a good thing....

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2704
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/2/2011 11:52:08 PM   
Dan Nichols

September, 1943, your torpedoes are completely well. they now have a dud rate of 10%. Most every hit will now result in an explosion.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2705
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 12:44:04 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

September, 1943, your torpedoes are completely well. they now have a dud rate of 10%. Most every hit will now result in an explosion.

Seriously? That's an incredible news!!!! I was so sick of seeing dud torpedo hits!!!!

Now what we do need is to repeat that serie of lucky hits on his capital ships...

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 2706
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 12:52:49 AM   
GreyJoy

1 more day to go...and i'll be here....can't wait

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2707
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 2:32:18 AM   
princep01

Ah, Dreadfort in the Summer. Let's see, Reek, I think your room is under the middle hut, tied to the fifth pier. Okay place, until the tide comes in and the crabs start to bite. We'll have to remember to pull you up before then.

Have a nice journey and stay.

princep Bolton

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2708
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 4:17:44 AM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

Seriously? That's an incredible news!!!! I was so sick of seeing dud torpedo hits!!!!

Now what we do need is to repeat that serie of lucky hits on his capital ships...

But by 1/44 he will start getting a lot of the super E class ships, that will lay waste to your Allied subs. It is not pretty by any means.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2709
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 4:48:26 AM   
JeffroK

quote:

How do you spell Tsunami?

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2710
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 5:26:18 AM   
Itdepends

I though the impact of the super E's had been moderated in the beta by reducing the size of the launch salvos or some such

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 2711
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 7:06:45 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

quote:

How do you spell Tsunami?

Sep 6, 7 1943

Another good day for my subs...2 more AVs sunk...by now Rader has really lost a number of AVs and AMCs...

Submarine attack near Nauru Island at 127,128

Japanese Ships
AV Fushimi Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Allied Ships
SS Nautilus

AV Fushimi Maru is sighted by SS Nautilus
SS Nautilus launches 4 torpedoes

Sub attack near Ontong Java at 119,127

Japanese Ships
AV Tokyo Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Hoe

SS Hoe launches 4 torpedoes at AV Tokyo Maru
Hoe diving deep ....
Sub escapes detection

Sub attack near Nauru Island at 127,128

Japanese Ships
AV Fushimi Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Nautilus

AV Fushimi Maru is sighted by SS Nautilus
SS Nautilus launches 4 torpedoes

for the rest...quiet before the storm everywhere....

Our fast BBs are moving back to Lunga...let's see if i can drag him into a fight...

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 2712
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 7:08:37 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: princep01

Ah, Dreadfort in the Summer. Let's see, Reek, I think your room is under the middle hut, tied to the fifth pier. Okay place, until the tide comes in and the crabs start to bite. We'll have to remember to pull you up before then.

Have a nice journey and stay.

princep Bolton

Yes, the place is located somewhere in the summer isles...where it came the prince Tsao whatever...d'u remember that beggar prince that was always begging Robert for some troops and coins during the first books?

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 2713
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 8:34:15 AM   
GreyJoy

So...september 43 is advancing and we're almost ready for our next push. 20 more days and we'll begin. Our Eastern Army in India is advancing towards its starting positions. I really don't know if my troops will be enough....Rader has more than 500k fighting troops in India and, even if my units are all well equipped and upgraded (with lots of new armoured units equipped with Grants and Lees) it will be really a challenge...but, even if i don't manage to breakthrough, i'll tie down a considerable portion of japanese LCUs....which is already a good thing...stealing from Rader some of his precious mobility!

In the Solomons he's clearly waiting for me...and we're both warming our engines...

In Western Oz, Exmouth is already a decent base with port 3 and AF 5. Moving in the first base forces and some CD guns right now. 6 Eng regiments will now move towards Broome and Port Heeland...getting closer to Darwin

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2714
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 5:02:59 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

I though the impact of the super E's had been moderated in the beta by reducing the size of the launch salvos or some such

Not in the betas. I don't think they have been touched and they are still pretty obscene.

I think some of the mods have tweaked them though.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 2715
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 5:15:03 PM   
obvert

Subs are looking good.

So what will you be doing on this place? Do they have an internet connection?

I was just in Fiji over the summer. I could walk around the island in 5 minutes. Amazing.

Have fun!

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 2716
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 5:36:50 PM   
Canoerebel

I just returned from three nights camping in the frigid mountains and find that GreyJoy is in some South Seas thatched hut (probably wearing a thong to show off his "naturally hairy" anatomy). I thought he just returned from a three-week vacation about three weeks ago? What is this?

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2717
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 5:39:13 PM   
SoliInvictus202

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I just returned from three nights camping in the frigid mountains and find that GreyJoy is in some South Seas thatched hut (probably wearing a thong to show off his "naturally hairy" anatomy). I thought he just returned from a three-week vacation about three weeks ago? What is this?

sometimes you need a vacation to relax after a vacation.... no?

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2718
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 5:53:16 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

Unfortunately my GF, who stayed home for the whole summer studying like a dog for his final "wanna-become-a-lawyer" exams - bicthing and "voodoing" me relaxing and partying on the beach - passed and got promoted and so i have to manitain my promise and have to take her to Zanzibar (Tanzania-Africa)...don't say i'm not happy about that (that pic shows the restaurant of our hotel) but first this damned week will cost me a treasure, and second it's a kind of mess to leave the office for a whole week in october....
last but not least i hate the idea of slowing down my PBEM

So...i'll drink cool cocktails on the beach, get sunbathing, eat fresh and juicy fruits, relax and get the usual african-diarrhea

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2719
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 5:54:51 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

Subs are looking good.

So what will you be doing on this place? Do they have an internet connection?

I was just in Fiji over the summer. I could walk around the island in 5 minutes. Amazing.

Have fun!

They promised me they have a wi-fii connection at the pool-area....hopefully i'll be able to run a couple of turns...

My subs are denetely looking good...and i hope Crsutton is not right on the super-Es...i'll hate the idea of retire them back again...

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2720
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 7:02:49 PM   
crsutton

quote:

Maybe this is where he is planning for his next invasion.....

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2721
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 7:10:35 PM   
princep01

Hummmm, Reek, in your continually delirious state, you are a source of constant amusement. In your above message, you refer to you Good Friend (I didn't know you had any) as both a "him" and a "her". Eliminating the likelihood that the GF is a "both", I trust you enjoy your stay in the tropics, avoid the African sqirts and return to me all pink and relaxed. I'm sure you will have many excellent stories to scream...uh, tell. I am hopeful that all the nasty lessons we have learned together will soon be employed on the Japanese in abundance.

Watch out for those crabs.

You're ever watchful keeper,

Bolton

(Imagine here a small, pink wax seal:).

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 2722
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 9:17:33 PM   
BPRE

First of all I would like to thank you for a very enjoyable AAR. It makes me hope that I could perhaps play something else than the AI with at least a bit of hope of success.

Secondly I must say that I haven't been able to find any preparations for defense of one of the most important islands in your possession. This is Bora-Bora, please defend with well. Take a look at the price of a vacation there and you won't complain about Zanzibar after that.

Good luck with both your vacation and teh forthcoming battles.

/BPRE

Attachment (1)

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 2723
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 9:33:28 PM   
Wirraway_Ace

quote:

There is only one likely answer to this conundrum of multiple three week vacations nearly back-to-back....He is European. And here I thought his misspellings were the product of poor public education in either Queensland or Texas.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2724
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 10:01:51 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: princep01

Hummmm, Reek, in your continually delirious state, you are a source of constant amusement. In your above message, you refer to you Good Friend (I didn't know you had any) as both a "him" and a "her". Eliminating the likelihood that the GF is a "both", I trust you enjoy your stay in the tropics, avoid the African sqirts and return to me all pink and relaxed. I'm sure you will have many excellent stories to scream...uh, tell. I am hopeful that all the nasty lessons we have learned together will soon be employed on the Japanese in abundance.

Watch out for those crabs.

You're ever watchful keeper,

Bolton

(Imagine here a small, pink wax seal:).

Actually i never thought about the problem to bring a transgender friend to Africa...is Zanzibar a Muslim country? I guess so...i should be found myself lock in a cellar at the airport, without my Good Friend and with an accusation of violating the pubblic "mores"....something like "Midnight Express" but not with turkish accent

However, My Master, my name is Reek, and it rhymes with freak...but also with baek, beak, beeck, beek, bleak, cheek, chic, cleek, clique, creak, creek, deak, deike, dieck, eke, feick, fleek, freak, geac, geek, gieck, greek, heeke, leak, leake, leek, leick, meek, paek, peak, peake, peek, pique, reeck, reick, rieck, riecke, riek, rieke, seaq, seek, sheek, sheik, sheikh, shriek, sieck, siek, sikh, sleek, sneak, speak, speake, squeak, streak, teac, teak, tweak, weak, week, weick, weik, wieck, wreak, zeek, zeke...and i love crabs...especially when those that are biting and eating Lord Onion's sons on the bottom of the Blackwater River!

Another turn....
Sep 8,9 1943

Rader keeps suprising me for his boldness! He manages to get a DD at the border of the map right where my ships enters from Balboa(Panama)...how did he get there?!!??!?! There must be an AO somewhere nearby... Rader sunk a lonely APA...gotta get rid of these raiders!!!!

Night Time Surface Combat, near San Diego at 220,118, Range 4,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Niizuki

Allied Ships
APA Calvert, Shell hits 18, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk

Then his Frances arrived over Lunga by night...and fought hard against my night CAP...which sucks anyway.... my BBs are safe...but the risk is always high untill those damned night fighters arrive in place....

Night Air attack on TF, near Lunga at 114,138

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid detected at 68 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 20 minutes

Japanese aircraft
P1Y1 Frances x 11

Japanese aircraft losses
P1Y1 Frances: 6 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Jenkins
DD Lamson
DD Chevalier

He sent a fast transport composed of 10 PBs at Thousands, escorted by a strong Cruiser TF.... my PTs couldn't do more....however it's clear that he's sniffing something and he's trying to reinforce Thousands....too much attention lately!

Day Time Surface Combat, near Thousand Ships Bay at 114,136, Range 14,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Takao
CA Maya
CA Mikuma
CA Furutaka
CL Abukuma
DD Shimakaze
DD Tamanami
DD Hayanami
DD Kuroshio
DD Natsushio
DD Shiranui
DD Nowaki
DD Tanikaze
DD Hikokaze
DD Susukaze

Allied Ships
PT-358
PT-360
PT-377, Shell hits 2, and is sunk

My subs did another couple of good runs...a DMS and an xAP sunk today

Sub attack near Ontong Java at 119,127

Japanese Ships
DMS W-21, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Hoe

Submarine attack near Victoria Point at 49,66

Japanese Ships
xAP Teiko Maru, Torpedo hits 1

Allied Ships
SS Haddock

Sub attack near Victoria Point at 49,66

Japanese Ships
xAP Teiko Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Haddock
---------------------------------------------------------

Night Air attack on TF, near Lunga at 114,138

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 77 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 22 minutes

Japanese aircraft
P1Y1 Frances x 6

Allied aircraft
Hurricane IIc Trop x 10
OS2U-3 Kingfisher x 4
SOC-1 Seagull x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
P1Y1 Frances: 3 damaged
P1Y1 Frances: 2 destroyed by flak

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
BB North Carolina
CA Wichita

Now my BBs will move to Thousands and Russell...covered by a wave of PTs....wanna bomb Russell and engage the enemy at Thousands....let's see what i can do....
4 DDs will bomb Auki...just to keep molesting him....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 2725
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 10:19:31 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BPRE

First of all I would like to thank you for a very enjoyable AAR. It makes me hope that I could perhaps play something else than the AI with at least a bit of hope of success.

Secondly I must say that I haven't been able to find any preparations for defense of one of the most important islands in your possession. This is Bora-Bora, please defend with well. Take a look at the price of a vacation there and you won't complain about Zanzibar after that.

Good luck with both your vacation and teh forthcoming battles.

/BPRE

:-) Thanks mate! Glad you like it!

And yes...bora bora isn't bad...but it's so damned far away from Europe...maybe next time

(in reply to BPRE)
Post #: 2726
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 10:20:45 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wirraway_Ace

quote:

There is only one likely answer to this conundrum of multiple three week vacations nearly back-to-back....He is European. And here I thought his misspellings were the product of poor public education in either Queensland or Texas.

ahahahah...you imply that the european mispell like the texans and the australian?

(in reply to Wirraway_Ace)
Post #: 2727
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 10:37:41 PM   
GreyJoy

ok, as far as i can tell (or sniff) Rader is ready for another "air push"...i'm sniffing something...i guess he's concentrating again in front lines....maybe he already got his first Franks....and he has waiting the last two months in order refill his Sentais with new pilots and planes...
we'll see....our 4Es will bomb Russell in combination with a 2BBs 2 CAs 3 CLs Task Force...let's see if my 6th sense is good and if i can anticipate him for once

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2728
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 10:46:14 PM   
Canoerebel

An IJ DD at the Panama Canal Zone portal entrance? Man, that stinks to me. He's taking advantage of the fact that he can calculate the exact hex of entry, knowing that you (as a relatively new player) won't expect this. To me it's akin to the land march across the Owen Stanleys to recpature Port Moresby. Okay, the game allows it, but it stinks to do it, especially against a newcomer.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2729
RE: The Stone and the Waves - 10/3/2011 10:50:38 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

probably wearing a thong to show off his "naturally hairy" anatomy

Just cause you run the court doesn't mean you can't be brought before it. Watch it mister

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2730
Page:   <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: The Stone and the Waves Page: <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI