Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Confederate AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Confederate AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/17/2011 1:28:26 AM   
Ugly Guy

Late March 1862 Strategy

1. I plan to hold Lee in Memphis for now. The Union army under Buell is in a dangerous position to us. He can strike down into Mississippi or east into the Tennessee River area. Either one puts Lee in a tough spot. But I can't afford to engage him where he is.
2. My goal is to keep Bragg out of the way of Buell's army until he can join up with Lee.
3. Jackson will move back into Grafton to crush the Union army there. It looks like a couple of brigades at Wheeling. I need to defeat Halleck before those brigades have a chance to join him.
4. Fredericksburg is safe for a few turns, but the Union army will continue to gain strength in D.C. Over time, the attacking force will get so large my artillery won't be drawn into combat unless I split off a corp.
5. Jackson's corp still needs an artillery unit, but the RR in Florida comes first.
6. I will muster new regiments in every city that has the MP and a governor that doesn't actively oppose volunteer musters. Mustering will subtract MP before the April replenishment. However, my camps deplete men after the replenishment, which means my replacement troops per turn is about to take a hit. I am estimating around ~1000 men I will lose due to depletion. This will necessitate more camp building. I will also lose some of my resource income, although this should be minor.
7. The Union army in Missouri concerns me, but I just need to be patient and see how that develops.
8. Still waiting for KY to show its hand.
9. Once the replenishment is complete, I will probably act on what information I know about my generals and make a few shuffles amongst my 4-star army commanders. I have a few potential new four stars identified.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 61
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/17/2011 2:12:12 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 10 (Late March 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. Jackson moved back to Grafton. Union forces vacated ahead of his arriving corp.
2. Raider completed in Mobile.
3. Gen. Loring retreated out of Parkersburg ahead of the advancing Union forces. No casualties reported.
4. Gen. Johnston moved into the Cumberland River valley to defend Ft. Donaldson. A small contingent of Union forces probed down the river but retreated when the scouted our army.
5. The Union army under Buell moved north to Louisville.
6. We consolidated Gen. Price and Hardees divisions in western Arkansas. Union forces attacked them in Fayetteville. Details of that battle to follow.
7. ~4100 minimally trained recruits were transitioned into existing brigades.
8. Volunteer regiments from around the Confederacy heeded the call for recruits and taken up arms to support the cause. It is estimated that we raised an additional 43,000 men (15 brigades).
9. Indian tribes friendly to the Confederacy have assembled their own brigade of volunteers to assist our efforts in Arkansas.

SecInt Report:
1. Began construction on two camps in Little Rock and one mint in Charleston. (I forgot about the RR, again.)
2. A camp in Tallahassee and a barracks in Jackson have finished construction.
3. Advise construction of the Florida Eastern Railway to commence within two weeks, the resources have been released for use.
4. Governor Pettus of Mississippi has requested the Confederate government subsidize construction of the Trans-Mississippi Railway.
5. Our brothers in Kentucky have declared their support for the Confederacy and seceded from the Union! We must make immediate plans for defending the state from aggression.
6. New counts of man power revealed that 28 additional units were accounted for as eligible for service, while our training camps used 16 units of manpower providing non-brigaded replacement troops.
7. Governonrs in S. Carolina and Tennessee had troubles raising new brigades of volunteers. We recommend they may need assistance next time the call is issued.

SecNav Report:
1. Reports of more Union port blockaders moving South have been obtained. Estimated target is Charleston.

SecState Report:
1. British and French support remain unchanged, while the European proper leaders became slightly more sympathetic to the Union cause.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 62
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/18/2011 2:32:19 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fayetteville: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 63
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/18/2011 2:37:01 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fayetteville: End

Summary: This was a hard fought battle whose casualty total belies the closeness of the engagement. It came close to going the other way, but our boys, though slightly outnumbered, managed to pull out the victory. Union casualties amounted to ~2200, while we sustained only ~900 men killed, wounded, or captured. We also managed to secure a sizable quantity of Springfield rifles from the fleeing Yankees.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 64
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/18/2011 3:01:42 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early April 1862 Strategy

1. Kentucky's joining is both fortuitous and complication. I wish they would have done it a few weeks earlier, then I could have mustered in those cities as well. Oh well, it is what it is.
2. Buell's army is in Louisville and I am almost certain that it will begin to seige the city. I have to attack quickly to prevent it from falling. Bragg will combine with Lee and Lee will move along the river to Louisville or as close as I can get him. I may end up in Bowling Green, but I will only have two turns max before Louisville falls.
3. I will probably have Johnston join in the attack against Buell. I have to stop the advance and force him back to the Memphis area. If Buell gets loose in KY it would be catastrophic.
4. The muster went pretty much according to the average muster odds. The RNG gave no help and did no harm. I will begin to move these brigades north as quickly as possible. The bulk of the reinforcements will probably be in the west.
5. It is possible that moving most of them west will provide a shortage in the east, but I could easily shuffle a division to the east if need be. One of the benefits of all of the rail stations I have been building.
6. The hit to my camps was less than thought and most of my muster depletions were replenished. Building now will be camps, camps, and more camps. I will need around 15 more. Especially as combat heats up. If I don't get the camps in place quickly, I will not be able to survive the brutal war of attrition the Union engages in during the summer and fall of 1862.
7. I am going to try and withdrawal Hardee and Price's divisions south into Little Rock to see if I can force the Union army to head east. I need to get back into Kansas and Missouri.
8. West Virginia is still doing fine, although I am thinking two more brigades to help shore up the defenses.
9. The corp just created in Jackson will probably head east to West Virginia. I will probably start another one to head west to Arkansas.
10. I will probably begin promoting and demoting generals, especially my 4-star ones. Gen. Weisinger has already shown himself to be four star material. Johnston will receive the axe to one-star status, and Beauregard will be reassigned if he holds command over Weisinger. Not enough of his stats have been revealed to make a firm judgment. Polk will replace A.S. Johnston in command of the Army of Kentucky for now and Johnston will find himself back in command of a brigade.

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 4/18/2011 4:01:09 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 65
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/18/2011 3:43:17 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 11 (Early April 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. Battles occurred in the Cumberland River, Grafton, and Fayetteville. Details to follow.
2. Louisville fell to the Union forces after a brutal two week seige.
3. Gen. Lee moved his forces into sight of Cairo.
4. Gen. Johnston was unable to move because of the Union attack along the Cumberland River.
5. It is speculated that the Union army under Buell will move to strike Frankfort next.
6. A large Union army has suddenly appeared in Grafton. This force is large enough to crush and opposition we can send that way. Western Virginia has become very perilous and we must advise pulling our forces back.
7. ~5200 minimally trained recruits were transitioned into existing brigades.
8. The Indians in Creek territory have rallied to our cause. This will help to fill out our army in Arkansas.
9. Gen. Bragg was demoted to one-star status.
10. Disease has again struck Fredericksburg. Over 2000 men were striken with the disease.
11. Union forces have plundered Louisville and destroyed a mansion and capitol. Citizens all over the South are demoralized at the site of such brutality.

SecInt Report:
1. Began construction of the Florida Railway in Tallehassee and a camp in Galveston.
2. Completed construction on two camps in Little Rock.
3. Governor Brown in Georgia is now insisting on an Iron Works. This request has been duly filed into the circular filing cabinet.

SecNav Report:
1. Our blockade runner has returned to port in NO. Our other blockade runners are reporting a lack of smugglers off our coasts from which to procure materials.

SecState Report:
1. French and European support for the Union caused has increased.

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 4/18/2011 3:44:16 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 66
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/18/2011 3:45:25 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fort Donaldson: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 67
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/18/2011 3:47:50 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fort Donaldson: End

Summary: The Union forces were outnumbered and out generaled, but they did their job and kept us from moving north to attack Gen. Buell. Union casualties were ~2300 while ours were ~850. We reequipped a brigade with muskets after the fight.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 4/18/2011 4:02:18 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 68
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/18/2011 3:48:34 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Grafton: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 69
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/18/2011 3:51:16 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Grafton: End

Summary: The battle looked good at the start, but Gen. Jackson soon detected a large contingent of Federals moving south out of Maryland to support the attack. Jackson manuevered valiantly against the odds, but in the end, a brigade that was tasked with covering the retreat was captured by the Yankees. Casualties were ~2200 Confederate soldiers to ~550 Yankees.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 70
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/18/2011 3:57:16 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fayetteville: End

Summary: (First, my apologies for not capturing the start numbers, but I believe it was roughly 13,000 Yankees to ~12,000 Rebs). General Hardee was unable to link up with Gen. Price for a combined movement to Little Rock. The Union forces saw the isolated division and attacked. Gen. Hardee's scouts detected the impending attack and raced word for Gen. Price to reverse course and aid in the defense. The battle was intense from the outset, but Gen. Hardee managed to parlay the attack until Gen. Price was able to drive into the exposed and battered Union flank and send the Federals reeling back into Missouri. What was left of two Union brigades surrendered to our men, and we gained a decent amount of muskets from the battlefield. Total killed, wounded, and captured were ~3800 Union and ~700 Confederates.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 71
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/19/2011 5:09:41 PM   
Ugly Guy

I should be able to provide an update tonight! Hoping to drive dem dar Yanquis from Kentucky!

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 72
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/20/2011 2:22:52 AM   
Ugly Guy

Late April 1862 Strategy

1. Buell's army is #1 on my target list. I need to fight offensively on defensive terrain if that makes any sense. I need to drive them back without bleeding my army dry. This is the critical moment where being too aggressive can be devestating to my armies since I don't have a critical mass of camps yet. Hopefully I can get a combined Lee/Polk attack to drive Buell out.
2. I need to keep my newly mustered brigades from being picked off trying to get them to my front line armies. I also need to avoid diverting too many of them to the backwoods areas of the country where I can really do without them.
3. The two new Indian brigades will help reinforce my Arkansas/Missouri army. I never leave them in OK as I have never seen the AI do anything with theirs, and I brigade isn't enough to do anything with anyways.
4. I need to give Governor Pettus his railroad so I can start my mint building spree.
5. Fredericksburg seems to be holding well, but the very large Union force in west Virginia is scaring me. I am not sure what it will do.
6. I am going to begin to drive back into Missouri and Kansas. It's time for the Rebs to have some offense.
7. I am now in the negatives in regard to national will. I need to prevent KY from losing any more cities and hope the comp foolishly attacks Fredericksburg a few more times to get my NW up. Being negative will slowly sap my gubenatorial support and that can hurt my war effort.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 73
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/20/2011 2:49:31 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 12 (Late April 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. Demoted A.S. Johnston to 1-star general. He resigned in protest to this demotion.
2. Demoted J.E. Johnston to 1-star general.
3. Demoted Beauregard to 3-star general.
4. Promoted Weisiger to 4-star general and had him assume command of the ANV.
5. Gen. Polk moves his army into Bowling Green.
6. General Lee moved his army into southern Illinois where he encountered a small Union force. We managed to capture the rear guard brigade in the skirmish that followed. Their muskets will be put to good use.
7. Gen. Buell has not moved on from Louisville. We should be able to get Gen. Polk and Gen. Lee to Frankfort before that seige begins.
8. Our forces in Arkansas are ready to begin our western offensive.
9. ~5200 minimally trained recruits joined existing regiments.
10. A minor disease outbreak was reported in the James River area.
11. Gen. Jackson moved south to Kenewah. The union forces in western Virginia have not moved in two weeks. Their intentions are still unclear. Gen. Jackson is confident that he can repel any attack. We wish we shared his confidence.
12. Our generals have used the winter and spring months to increase the logistical command infrastructures in their armies. This will help keep our boys in supply during extensive summer combat operations.

SecInt Report:
1. Began construction of a corp container in Jackson and a camp in Galveston.
2. We completed construction of a plantation in Atlanta and a camp in Galveston.
3. Our command shuffling has caused no small amount of consternation with the governor's in LA, TX, and VA. The situation in LA and TX should be fixable with a few battlefield victories, the situation in VA is probably broken beyond repair at this point.
4. We have procured enough iron to begin construction of the Trans-Mississippi Railroad within the fortnight.

SecNav Report:
1. Blockade runners continued repair in NO, while no significant amount of new materials were seized over the past two weeks.

SecState Report:
1. British support for the Union cause has increased.

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 4/20/2011 2:51:46 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 74
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/20/2011 2:56:11 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early May 1862 Strategy

1. I should be able to consolidate in Frankfort before Buell gets there. His delay will be our gain. Hopefully no more small Union armies block Gen. Lee's movements.
2. I am still not sure what to make of the Union forces in western Virginia. I have no choice but to see how that situation develops.
3. Alot of resources our there for my blockade runners. Especially iron which I need alot of. I can't believe the bad luck I am having with my BR's this game, between damage and unsuccessful raids.
4. My mustered brigades are starting to filter into the container units. I still can't get them into Lee or Polk's armies until the Union forces in KY have been driven away.
5. I am optimistic that I can run the table in Missouri. I did decide to divert the corp container headed there to the ANV instead.
6. I need more combat to reveal general ratings. I still think there is good room to improve my existing 4-star general situation.
7. With the building of the last railroad in Mississippi, I can finally focus on mint production with my iron.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 75
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/20/2011 4:09:46 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 13 (Early May 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. General Lee moves into the Ohio river near Louisville and find that Gen. Buell has not yet left. Deft use of withdrawal tactics let's Gen. Lee extract his troops from there with no losses. The boys aren't happy to leave without a fight, but it was a fight that probably would not end well for us. We did end up leaving most of our artillery and a fair amount of arms and supplies to the entrenched Yankees. It will take us months to replace those armaments.
2. Our forces in Missouri route the Union army. Two enemy brigades were captured and total casualties for each side was ~3400 Union and ~600 Confederate. (I apologize for the lack of screen shots here. I get kind of battle eager and forget to snap them). Our armies gained a fair amount of Springfield and Liege rifles.
3. The Union army in Louisville seemed content to stay there after the fight.
4. General Polk held firm at Bowling Green.
5. The Union forces in western Virginia stayed in their camps. This is most bewildering.
6. We continue to stream our new volunteers northward.
7. ~5500 new recruits were placed into brigades over the past two weeks.
8. Our raiders in Hatchie disrupted some of the Union's economic activities there.
9. Our generals continue to improve upon their command and logistical structures.
10. We commend the president for preserving the integrity of our command structure by refusing to appoint lackeys of Gov. Milton.

SecInt Report:
1. Began construction of a railroad in Jackson, a camp in Memphis, and a camp in Little Rock.
2. We completed a mint in Charleston and a camp in Galveston.
3. Governor Pettus is very appreciate of our efforts in assisting the construction of his railroad.

SecNav Report:
1. Our blockade runners in NO are fully repaired and ready for duty.
2. Our blockade runners off the Florida Atlantic coast were successful in procuring 55 units of iron for our needy forges and factories.

SecState Report:
1. French support for the CSA has decreased slightly over the past several weeks. News of our withdrawal from battle in Louisville did nothing to win over the French leadership.

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 4/20/2011 4:15:17 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 76
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 2:13:14 AM   
Ugly Guy

Late May 1862 Strategy

1. My attempt to make it to Frankfort quickly ended in a rather costly no battle. I will just have to move into Bowling Green and hopefully be able to refit my artillery at the least.
2. My raider is starting to cause damage again. Hopefully I can keep him alive. I will probably try to start another one in the next turn or two.
3. Will be good to get my other blockade runner again. I need to start importing weapons.
4. Will be using any future iron surpluses on mints. As my army grows, so will my upkeep needs. I don't have much cushion for fund right now if I have to bump a few divisions up in the supply priority tier.
5. The large union army in west Virginia scares me. If it goes south it would probably crush Jackson, which would be a huge loss. I'm not sure I could bear giving up Kenewah. I am feeling slightly stuck there.
6. My NW being below zero will start to drain my gubenatorial support. I need another stupid attack by them in Fredericksburg to get it above zero.
7. The Union army I defeated last turn retreated to Topeka. I will pursue it once again. I have a chance at eventual complete destruction. It lost quite a few men last time, and I should have the upper hand. Depending on the progress in KY, I should be able to go Topeka -> Jefferson City -> St. Louis, with St. Louis being the big prize. It's MP will make it a camp nirvana.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 77
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 2:41:14 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 14 (Late May 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. We purchased 24lb cannon upgrades for the 1st Mississippi Volunteer Artillery Battery and the 1st Florida Volunteer Artillery Battery.
2. Gen. E.K. Smith was promoted to 3-star. He has been noteworthy in his ability to rally troops during battle.
3. Gen. Lee was attacked before he could vacate Kaskaskia. Being outnumberd and without the benefit of fortifications, he withdrew his forces. Details to follow. To make matters worse, disease struck his army during the past two weeks as well. We need to get his army back to safety to rest and refit. It is fast becoming a marching disaster.
4. Gen. Buell has since moved out of Kentucky and looks to be back on the offensive in the Mississippi River.
5. Our forces in Missouri moved into Kansas only to find the Union retreating back into Missouri.
6. We moved our units in Kenewah into Covington, and sent Gen. Floyd into Lexington to chase off the Union brigade there. Details to follow.
7. The Union made a feint into Fredericksburg with only a token division. The retreated without a fight.
8. Union forces moved into Kenewah, but the bulk of their strength still lay in Grafton. Intentions still unknown.
9. ~6200 replacements were distributed into existing brigades.
10. Our raiders caused more economic damage in Hatchie.

SecInt Report:
1. We began construction on a mint in Atlanta, a camp in Galveston, and a Raider in Jackson.
2. A camp in Memphis and a camp in Littlerock were finished.

SecNav Report:
1. Blockade runners in New England managed to smuggle in 30 units of weapons.

SecState Report:
1. French support for our cause decreased again. We are having trouble finding arms dealers.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 78
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 2:43:27 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Lexington: End

Summary - The Union retreated without a fight. Casualties were Union - 102, 56 Confederate.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 79
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 2:48:05 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Kaskaskia: End

Summary: Lee retreated skillfully and minimized his brigade losses. Confederate casulaties including the surrendering 2nd Louisiana Vols were ~6000 and Union casualties were a paltry 395. This has been the Confederacy's worst defeat to date. An additional brigade was forced to abandon its weapons and supplies in order to escape intact.

[OOC commentary]The rush to save Kentucky is turning into a world-class cluster$#^&. Lee's army is getting decimated nine ways to Sunday with no relief in sight. I am only happy the brigade loss to surrenders has been as low as it has been.[/OOC commentary]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 80
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 2:54:42 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early June 1862 Strategy

1. I am going to get Lee back to Memphis as soon as possible. I need to rest and refit his army. It is in terrible shape. May even be time for some normal supply juicing to speed its return to battle readiness.
2. As soon as Buell moves to Memphis to pursue Lee I will begin the seige at Louisville to retake it. With Buell where he is, I will probably fall back to Nashville to avoid having Polk isolated and attacked.
3. I will shift a brigade from Hardee's division in Kansas to Price's and use Price to continue the pursuit of that Union division there. Hardee will begin seiging Topeka.
4. I will probably use the forces in Covington to strke north to Cincinnati. That may force the Union to either move Buell back and buy Lee some time, or make the forces in Grafton move. Either way, I just want the Union to crap or get off the pot there.
5. The economic and building strategy is working out just fine so far. Camps are well under way, and I am starting full scale mint production. In a few months I will need to start a couple of Plantations in my major cities as they fill up with mints.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 81
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 3:29:30 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 15 (Early June 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. We rearmed the 3rd Artillery Battery with new napolean cannons and refitted the Lauderdale Zuaves with Mississippi rifles.
2. Gen. Lee moved back into Memphis to regroup just in time. Gen. Buell moved into his newly vacated encampments right after Lee's army had left. He is already beginning the process of regrouping his forces.
3. Gen. Polk struck at the Union army beseiging Frankfort. Details to follow.
4. Gen. Jackson moved north into Cincinnati pushing out the Union forces there without a fight. Jackson then moved north to Wheeling, once more seeking to engage the same Union force there. The Union force there moved away without a fight.
5. Gen. Hardee began the seige at Topeka and is making decent progress.
6. We have ordered the corp container back to Memphis to assist Lee in reorganizing his army in light of the reinforcements being gathered there.
7. Union forces drove into Fredericksburg in force. Details to follow.
8. The raiders in Hatchie were unsuccessful in their attempts to cause economic damage.
9. ~6500 minimally trained recruits were placed into existing brigades. We now estimate that we need an additional 140k men to bring our existing brigades up to full strength.
10. Disease struck the ANV after the battle and further weakened our forces there. [OOC Commentary]I just can't get a break here. It is b.s. [/OOC Commentary].

SecInt Report:
1. We began construction of a mint in Atlanta and a camp in Galveston.
2. We completed construction on a camp in Galveston and a Plantation in Augusta, GA.

SecNav Report:
1. Blockade runners secured 40 iron off the Georgian coastline.
2. Our blockade runners in the Gulf of Mexico were unsuccessful at procuring any new material.

SecState Report:
1. Our recent victories should advance our causes overseas, it just may take a few weeks for the magnitude of our successes to yield fruit.

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 4/22/2011 3:30:29 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 82
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 3:31:02 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Cincinnati: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 83
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 3:31:45 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Cincinnati: End

Summary: The cowards retreated without a fight.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 84
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 3:32:38 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Wheeling: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 85
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 3:33:20 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Wheeling: End

Summary: Cowards couldn't stop running. At least they left behind a brigade of Minie rifles this time.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 4/22/2011 3:37:07 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 86
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 3:33:56 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Frankfort: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 87
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 3:36:27 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Frankfort: End

Summary: They pulled in additional troops from Louisville, but it didn't matter. Gen. Polk won a decisive victory in the pouring rain over the Yankees, inflicting over 2800 casualties, while sustaining less than 1700 himself. We refit one of our brigades with captured Minie rifles.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 4/22/2011 3:37:32 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 88
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 3:37:57 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fredericksburg: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 89
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/22/2011 3:44:44 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fredericksburg: End

Summary: They pulled in another army from Washington to help them fight and I pulled in Magruder's division from Ft. Monroe. This was the largest conflict to date in the war, and the highest casualty amounts as well. Gen. Weisiger courageously led our boys in battle and emerged victorious. Total casualties amount to ~14,300 for the Union and slightly over 10,000 of our lads killed, wounded, or surrendered. In the Union total was the US 36th Infantry which surrendered after providing a delaying action for the Union forces to escape. We captured a large amount of armaments after the battle including: 2 brigade of muskets, 1 brigade of Minie rifles, 1 brigade of European muskets, and 1 brigade of Springfields.

[OOC]I use autodeploy for these fights and for some reason the AI always puts my cannon in the back, while seemingly always putting the Union cannon in the front. I get punished from the Union cannon, while mine rarely ever see the fight. I think I will begin placing my cannon and then autodeploying the rest of my army.[/OOC]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Confederate AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI