Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Confederate AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Confederate AAR Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/28/2011 2:43:01 AM   
Ugly Guy

Late August 1862 Strategy

1. After the attack on Fredericksburg, my army is beaten and bloodied. I am hoping for some lengthier delays between attacks. I have seen the Union pick up the offensive pace during these times, and that can start to hurt.
2. I need to keep making the mints. These will provide me the money to start upgrading my brigade attributes. If I keep having luck with iron I will add brigade artillery, if I can get a fair amount of money, it will be sharpshooters.
3. The overall pictures isn't that bad. I am thinking Topeka will fall before the Union mounts an attack there.
4. I will R&R Jackson's men for a few turns and then look at Wheeling again. Being out of supply hurt me there.
5. Camp production is going good as well. But as you can see, the casualties are starting to mount, so this is more and more just to keep me even, not so much getting ahead.
6. I need to get more weapons to keep upgrading my brigades. I still have way to many with improvised weapons for being this late in the game.
7. Overall, the casualty numbers are probably equal between the Union and Confederacy. I haven't been overly aggressive, rather I think it just points towards the Union's superior equipment and brigade attirbutes thus far, not to mention his absolutely devastaing artillery batteries. If only I could crack that code routinely...
8. The overall game plan this turn is to rest and refit my men. There are quite a few large Union armies out there, and I am trying desperately not to have to recruit new brigades until late March.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 121
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/28/2011 3:23:08 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 20 (Late August 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. We ordered Gen. Price to rendezvous with Gen. Hardee in Topeka and assume command of the seige there.
2. Union forces attack Gen. Jackson's corp in Parkersburg. Details to follow.
3. Gen. Anderson has recovered from his wounds and has reported for duty. He will rejoin is old command in the ANV.
4. Gen. Polk has reported major difficulties in beginning the seige at Louisville. He requests more men and more supplies before he can commence operations. We have ordered him to begin within the fortnight. If he does not comply, we recommend replacing him.
5. It appears that Union forces are preparing for an attack on Gen. Lee's army. Gen. Lee has been making preparations for this assault.
6. ~8100 new recruits have been integrated into our existing units.
7. Our spies report that Union field hospitals have been observed in all Union encampments now, and that the effectiveness of sharpshooters has been on the rise.
8. We have promoted Gen. F.S. Bartow to two star.
9. Raiders have caused economic damage in Cincinnati, destroyed supplies at Cairo, and sabotaged a railroad in Hatchie. Unfortunately, the raiders in Hatchie were betrayed by local Yankee sympathizers and decimated by Yankee cavalry patrols.
10. Ge. Weisiger continues to improve the command rating of his subordinates. His latest training was for the 1st Div 1st Corp. He now veiws there effectiveness as excellent.

SecInt Report:
1. Started construction on a mint in Atlanta and a camp in Columbia.
2. Completed construction on a camp in Columbia.
3. Gov. Pettus of Mississippi is now requesting 12 brigades be stationed in his state. We are not sure why he has made this request.

SecNav Report:
1. Blockade runners in the Gulf of Texas smuggled in 45 units of weapons.
2. BR's in the Gulf of Mexico were damaged while smuggling. We are anticipating it will take around 2-3 months to fully repair them.

SecState Report:
1. British support for the US continues to increase. We are not sure what it will take to reverse this trend.

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 4/28/2011 3:24:04 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 122
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/28/2011 3:24:05 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Parkersburg: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 123
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/28/2011 3:27:48 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Parkersburg: End

Summary: The Union smelled blood and went for Jackson's juggular before he could be fully resupplied. The Union fought hard, despite being outnumbered, but our boys showed them what fighting spirit was all about. Ellsworth's Fire Zouves were caught alone after their comrades had retreated and were forced to surrender. We also gathered a brigade of Minie rifles and a brigade of Springfield rifles from the retreating Yankees. Total casualties were 3656 Yankee and 1840 Confederate. The Union was dealt a tough blow, unfortunately, we are in no position to pursue.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 124
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/29/2011 2:41:43 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early September 1862 Strategy

1. Well the attack at Memphis didn't happen, probably this turn.
2. I am not sure what to do with Polk. I just know if I start sieging Louisville I am going to get slammed by Buell. I am thinking about moving to Cincinnati and sieging there.
3. Jackson just needs to continue to recuperate. The army before him is weak, but he is in no condition to counter attack.
4. Topeka hopefully will fall in the next few turns. I would love to be able to start sieging Des Moines before the winter turns come.
5. I am down a BR again, but not alot of resources have poppd up lately. Murphy's Law says I will get a windfall this turn.
6. Not sure if the raiders are doing alot of good, but hopefully I can start swiping weapons with them. If I can do that, they will turn into a very productive horse dump.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 125
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/29/2011 3:07:02 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 21 (Early September 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. Gen. Polk moves the Army of Kentucky to Cincinnati. He reports he is read to begin the siege within the next two weeks. His army attempted to engage a lone brigade outside of Cincinnati, but the brigade retreated before combat could ensue.
2. The siege at Topeka is advancing. Gen. Price estimates that they are 75% complete.
3. We have intercepted telegraphs indicating a fair amount of Union reinforcements are being brought in from all over the North.
4. Gen. Buell's army is getting larger. We advise prioritizing weapons upgrades in the Army of Tennessee.
5. ~8500 new recruits were distributed to our existing brigades.
6. Gen. Ripley is reportedly recovering from his wounds.
7. Our raiders in Cincinnati and Cairo have stole a combined 21 units of weapons. These will be funneled into the Army of Tennessee.

SecInt Report:
1. Began construction of a mint in Atlanta, a camp in Petersburg, and a raider in Norfolk.
2. We have completed construction of a mint in Charleston and a camp in Columbia.

SecNav Report:
1. Our BR's near New Orleans have brought in 35 units of iron. However, they were damaged as well and will require extensive repairs. We have now lost the use of both units of BR's.

SecState Report:
1. Our diplomats report no new developments overseas.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 126
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/29/2011 3:12:33 AM   
Ugly Guy

Late September 1862 Strategy

1. Well the attack at Memphis still didn't happen. Gen. Buell's army is now scary big from what I can observe. I still think I will win the fight, but it is going to be a blood bath. I need to make sure I have the armaments to fight them off. I am thinking about stopping camp production this turn and plow my money into some sharpshooter brigade enhancements, in addition to the arms enhancements. I have to make them bleed during the battle.
2. I think I can get away with Polk sieging Cincy. The Union army in Wheeling should be too weak to succeed in the attack. And if they fail, I should be able to crush them with Jackson's corp plus Heth's division.
3. I am going to try and keep stealing arms with my raiders. They are starting to pay off as the odds on those missions are getting alot better.
4. I can't believe I am down both BR's. That is going to suck, especially if I have a bunch of no rish weapons pop off the coast like I know I will. I just can't afford to take the risk as I don't have 100g to spend.
5. I have a logistical upgrade, but I keep denying it to try and get the Invalid Corp. So far no go. Sometimes I think there is a hidden tech tree.
6. The Union has consolidated alot back in Washington, but I still feel pretty good there.
7. It has really turned into a slow waiting game these days. But I don't mind that as I can use the time to reinforce my armies. Especially since I seem to be trading him one for one.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 127
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/30/2011 2:17:17 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 22 (Late September 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. We trained two brigades in the Army of Tennessee in sharpshooting tactics.
2. We trained three brigades in the AoT with scouting tactics.
3. We upgrade three brigades in the AoT with Minie Rifles and two brigades with muskets.
4. Our forces were attacked in Parkersburg, Memphis, and Fredericksburg. Details to follow.
5. Gen. Price reports that he has almost crushed the last elements of resistance in Topeka. He expects the governor of the state to capitulate within the week.
6. Our raiding efforts were dealt a major blow these past few weeks with raiders in Cairo and Cincinnati being destroyed. The raider in Cairo was successful in damaging the local economy before it was dispersed, and the raiders in Louisville destroyed several Union supply depots before safely returning into the countryside.
7. The battles over the past few weeks were extremely hard fought and nowhere does this show more than in the number of generals that were wounded or killed. In Parkersburg, Gen. W.E. Baldwin sustained a critical injury while leading his men in a valiant defensive effort. In Memphis, Gen. T. Jordan was wounded during the fighting and Gen. S. Jones was killed. In Fredericksburg, Gen. F. Lee was wounded during the fightings and Gens. S. McGowan and P.G.T. Beauregard were killed while leading localized counterattacks during the Yankee assault there.
8. ~8800 recruits were distributed to existing brigades to strengthen these units after the violent fighting that took place over the past two weeks.
9. Gen. Ripley is reporting that he has fully recovered from his wounds and is available for duty.

SecInt Report:
1. We began no new construction this turn, due to resources being used for extra training for our troops.
2. We completed construction on a mint in Charleston, a camp in Petersburg, and a Laboratory in Lexington.
3. A raider completed recruitment in Norfolk.
4. Gov. Clark of N. Carolina is requesting a military training and reserach school. We recommend allocating some funds for this venture.

SecNav Report:
1. Both BR's made it to port in NO to begin repairs. The BR from the eastern seaboard was unable to complete the journey in the past few weeks due to inclement weather.

SecState Report:
1. British support for the Confederacy has shown a slight increase.

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 5/1/2011 5:45:55 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 128
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/30/2011 2:25:34 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Parkersburg: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 129
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/30/2011 2:31:58 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Parkersburg: End

Summary: The Union attacked again. I can't say I was expecting this. I had moved Gen. Heth's army into Kenawha for R&R and left Jackson's weakened corp alone there. Despite outnumbering the Union, the battle still resulted in a defeat for the Confederacy. The battle lasted several days, and the rallies were extensive. However, the Union inflicted far more casualties than they took and eventually Jackson's forces became too depleted to continue fighting. (OOC: The severe amount of casualties dropped many brigades below 1000 which pretty much precluded them from fighting any longer). The Rebels ended up leaving 9040 men on the field of battle, while the Union losses were 5122. But once again, Jackson skillfully extracted his weakened forces from the area without leaving a brigade behind. However, the retreat brought about the loss of a brigade of muskets.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 130
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/30/2011 2:32:54 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Ft. Pillow: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 131
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/30/2011 2:36:54 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Ft. Pillow: End

Summary: Another hard fought battle by our boys in butternut. Gen. Buell attacked with the full force of his army around the key fortification of Ft. Pillow. The fighting was brutal and the casualties immense as the tide of battle swayed back and forth across the Tennessee landscape like an ocean surge. Eventually our boys prevailed, and drove those scrappy Yankees back into their safe harbor near Cairo. Total losses included 9633 Confederate and 8784 Union, including the surrender of the U.S. 62nd brigade. Also captured were one brigade each of Lorenzes, Springfields, Minie's, and muskets.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 132
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/30/2011 2:41:50 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fredericksburg: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 133
RE: Confederate AAR - 4/30/2011 2:43:35 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fredericksburg: End

Summary: Another bloodletting on the now red-drenched woods of northern Virginia. Eerily, the casualties in this Confederate victory nearly mirrored those of the real life Fredericksburg conflict. The Yankees called in another army from Washington and after calling in Gen. Magruder's division for reinforcements, our forces sawed down the advancing Yankees like wheat before the harvester. By the time that butcherer Gen. Porter was done, he had left 12,631 of his own men lying dead, wounded, or captured on the field of battle. Our own losses were 7,687. We also captured two brigades of Springfield rifles. The victory was not without cost, however, as three Confederate generals lay slain at the battles end.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 134
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/1/2011 5:18:06 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early October 1862 Strategy

1. Massive casualties last turn. Will take me three turns of camp recruits just to replace those losses. Need to accelerate camp production, but then I have this school to build in NC.
2. Will probably hold on the school for a few turns to get some more camps up. The good news is that the winter turns are only four turns away, so I will get four turns of solid reinforcements with very few attacks.
3. Not really worried about west Virginia right now. Jackson's corp and Heth's division should be enough to hold them back.
4. Topeka should fall this turn. Need to decide whether to head north to Des Moines or east to Jefferson City. Will probably head north to Des Moines. The AI seems to swoop in at the last minute on a JC siege if they are still fighting in the Memphis corridor.
5. Both of my BR's are down. Definitely not helping the southern cause. Just some bad luck. Need to hold together and plow through it.
6. Once I get past the winter months I need to build about 4-5 more divisions and possibly another corps.
7. So right now the strategy is just a hold with the two major armies and Jackson's corp, and sieging Cincy with the AoK and moving north to Des Moines with Price's corps. I am not expecting much aggression for a few turns. He may follow up his attack in west Virginia, but I believe I can beat it back.

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 5/1/2011 5:21:00 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 135
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/1/2011 5:45:14 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 23 (Early October 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. We upgraded a brigade in Jackson's corp with Richmond Muskets.
2. Union forces attacked Jackson's corp in Kenawha. Details to follow.
3. Gen. Buell has reportedly moved his forces into position to assault Ft. Donaldson.
4. Our forces have successfully sieged Topeka.
5. The siege in Cincinnati is making timely progress. We anticipate three more months to capture the city.
6. ~8800 minimally trained recruits were integrated into existing brigades.
7. Raiders in Louisville caused a small amount of damage to Union sympathizing businesses. Newly deployed raiders in Parkersburg stole 17 units of weapons from Yankee supply depots.
8. Gens. Lee and Weisiger continue to train their C&C units in logistics.
9. We continue to rush reinforcements to the units that need them most in the AoT, ANV, and Jackson's corp. This is starting to place a strain on our quartermaster's departments.
10. Gens. Heth and Jordan are no reportedly healing from their combat injuries.

SecInt Report:
1. Began construction on a camp in Memphis, a mint in Charleston, and two mints in New Orleans.
2. We completed construction of a mint in Atlanta.
3. Gov. Pettus in Mississippi is requesting a camp in his state to help train the influx of recruits he is experiecing from his patriotic citizens.

SecNav Report:
1. Our BR's continue to repair. It is estimated two months before they are ready to sail again.

SecState Report:
1. British support for the Union is climbing once again.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 136
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/1/2011 5:46:19 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Kenawha: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 137
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/1/2011 5:50:07 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Kenewha: End

Summary: The Yankees got greedy and both sides paid for it. Jackson's men, while starving and low on ammunition, held off vicious assaults from the nothern aggressors. In the end, the Union could not dislodge Jackson's forces, but the Rebels paid a price for it, suffering more battlefield casualties than their northern counterparts. This in addition to the wounding of Gen. Heth made this a costly victory. Only the capture of the U.S. 73rd infantry and a brigade each of Liege and Springfields made these sacrifices worthwhile. Final count of killed, wounded, or captured for the battle was 4,628 Union and 3,137 Confederate.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 138
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 1:52:40 AM   
Ugly Guy

Late October 1862 Strategy

1. Still struggling to get ahead of the casualty curve. Going back into full out camp production. Probably buy me a few turns before I make the school for the N.C. governor.
2. Probably throw a camp in whichever Mississppi province produces less money to minimize the future impact of having one there, just to satisfy the governor.
3. BR's still out. Although there are a fair amount of resources to gather, most were at high odds of damage (40%).
4. Buell's move into the Cumberland river complicates matters. He wisely stationed a division at the mouth of the Cumberland to keep me from utilizing river move to attack him. Now it will take me at least two turns to get to him, by which time Ft. Donaldson will for sure be destoryed and possibly Nashville captured. Losing Nashville would put me in a tough spot.
5. Topeka fell, on to Des Moines.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 139
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 2:18:34 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 24 (Late October 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. Gen. Buell's forces have assaulted Ft. Donelson and destroyed it. All of the defenders were killed or captured, but not before killing almost 5,000 Union invaders. Nashville is now open for conquest.
2. Gen. Lee's army has moved from Memphis but was delayed by screening division Buell left behind. He was not able to reach the fort before it fell.
3. Due to the coming winter, it was not feasible to move Price's corp north to invade Iowa. He has been redirected to Jefferson City.
4. Gen. Jackson reorganized some of the brigades in his command to redistribute the limited supplies that he had better. This included a few brigades in Heth's division.
5. Gen. Johnston reports that he has about half of Cincinnati under Confederate control. The Yankees are not giving up easy, but he expects to be ready to move on to Louisville by the time spring campaigning begins.
6. ~9200 recruits were distributed to existing units.
7. Disease struck Gen. Lee's army. It is estimated almost 1000 men perished in the epidemic.
8. We regret to inform you that Gen. Baldwin has passed away from his wounds. His sacrifice will not be forgotten. His old brigade will be renamed Baldwin's brigade in his honor.
9. Gen. Heth has fully recovered from his wounds.
10. Gen. F. Lee wounds have reportedly worsened. He is in critical condition.
11. Raiders in Louisville and Parkersburg were successful in stealing Union weapondry. However, the raiders in west Virginia were betrayed by a Yankee sympathizer in their ranks and they were ambushed and destroyed after the raid was over.

SecInt Report:
1. Began construction on a raider in Jackson. A labor shortage prohibited a camp from being started.
2. We completed construction on a mint in Atlanta and a camp in Memphis.

SecNav Report:
1. Our BR's continue to repair. It is estimated one to two months before they are ready to sail again.

SecState Report:
1. What little British support we had is now gone.
2. European support for the Union has increased.

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 5/2/2011 2:19:04 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 140
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 2:23:20 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early November 1862 Strategy

1. Somehow my labor production has plummeted. I am not sure how this happened, but I am only pulling in 17 labor each turn. Luckily, I am close to my camp goal for now.
2. Jackson seems to be the lucky city for the camp in Mississippi.
3. Still one turn away from my first BR being returned to duty.
4. Having bad luck with my raiders, even at very low odds. Fortunately, I have excess horses now that my camp production has slowed. Will need them when I start to construct research buildings as well.
5. Hopefully Gen. Lee will reach Nashville this turn and keep it from falling. This is critical.
6. I don't have enough turns to reach Des Moines before the winter, so I am starting in on Jefferson City. With some lucky, I can keep Buell preoccupied and pull it off.
7. Almost at that 10k mark. Two more turns until a four turn break to R&R. With my raiders stealing weapons to equip the men, the sun may be peaking over the clouds in 1863.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 141
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 2:59:03 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 25 (Early November 1862):

SecWar Report:
1. Battles broke out in Fredericksburg, Nashville, Kenawha, and Cincinnati. Details to follow.
2. The siege in Cincinnati was temporarily disrupted, but Gen. Johnston reports that it is back on track.
3. We relocated our river boats up to help assist in the siege of Jefferson City.
4. Our raiders in Louisville were successful in stealing a small quantity of Union firearms.
5. ~9200 minimally trained recruits were used to bolster existing units. Our current MP deficit is reportedly at ~180k men.

SecInt Report:
1. Began construction on a raider in Richmond, a mint in Baton Rouge, and a camp in Jackson.
2. Your electoral slate was victorious across the south in these elections. Govs. Rector (AR), Pickens (SC) and Clark (NC) were all soundly defeated by their opponents. We now have a much more favorable political climate in those states.
3. A raider was produced in Jackson.

SecNav Report:
1. Our BR's continue to repair. It is estimated one to two months before they are ready to sail again.

SecState Report:
1. British support for the Union has increased again. It seems the road to the Queen's heart is paved in Yankee gold.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 142
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 2:59:48 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fredericksburg: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 143
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 3:09:49 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fredericksburg: End

Summary: Slaughter. That is the only way to describe this battle. Even that devil Lincoln wondered if there was enough fields left in which to bury the bodies. The Yankees came in extraordinary numbers, trying their best to break the backbone of the ANV before the onset of winter. Wave after wave of Union troops were thrown against the Rebel entrenchments and wave after wave were sent to the afterlife. But the boys in blue continued to come and slowly the toll began to tell on the defenders. Many fell from frostbite, from the unusually cold November, and many more from sheer exhaustion, in addition to the combat dead. The battle raged over five days, as the Yankees attacked with dogged determination. But in the end, the Rebels held on, if only by a thread and the encouraging shouts of their generals. Many estimated that the carnage was incalculable, but someone found the Grim Reaper's left behind ledger. 17,994 Union soldiers were destined to never set foot in their homeland again, including the captured U.S. 69th infantry, and 9,265 Confederate soldiers paid the price to repel the aggression. Counted in the Confederate casualties were 6 generals. Gen. W.N. Pendleton paid the ultimate price for his country, and Gens. Trimble, Anderson, Slaughter, Jones, and Preston are among the wounded. The Union generals made out much better, mainly due to their cowardly propensity to let their men bear the sacrifice. They counted only one among their dead, E.H. Hobson. Also gained from the battle were five brigades of firearms, including three Springfields, a Minie, and a musket.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 5/2/2011 3:23:55 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 144
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 3:10:39 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Kenawha: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 145
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 3:13:15 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Kenawha: End

Summary: Jackson's Corps is back up and running, and this battle showed it. At this rate, we should be ready for some offensive action after the winter season. The Yankees came again, looking for an easy victory, and again they were repulsed. Union casualties were 2,912 and Confederate losses were 1,259. We also captured a brigade of improved Springfields.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 146
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 3:14:01 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Cincinnati: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 147
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 3:14:44 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Cincinnati: End

Summary: Cowards.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 148
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 3:15:26 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Nashville: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 149
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/2/2011 3:21:53 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Nashville: End

Summary: Our boys fought bravely despite being outnumbered, but it wasn't enough to make their sacrifices not be in vain. The Union army decimated the AoT, and forced our withdrawal back west towards Memphis. Nashville was captured and the road is open into Murfreesboro and Chatanooga or Knoxville. The 1st Tennessee Vols were covering our retreat and ended up being captured before they could make it back over the Cumberland River. Total Rebel losses were 13,590, while the Union losses only amounted to a paltry 7,168. Just as devastating as the men was the equipment losses. We lost a total of six brigades of weapons, including 6 Minies, 1 Springfield, 1 Liege, and 1 Richmond musket. This in addition to countless nearly irreplaceable supply trains. I am thinking it may be time to reassign Gen. Lee to the AoK. The politicians are going to demand that someone pay for this defeat, and by extension the loss of Nashville. I hate to say it, but Lee just was out generaled.

EDIT:Just for kicks I replayed this turn, probably because I couldn't believe I lost this battle, and sure enough I thrashed the Yankees that go around. The Fredericksburg battle was still a victory for me, but the Union took far fewer casualties and not nearly as many generals died. I guess that just goes to show what a wide swing there can be in battle results using QC. I really believe that using QC is all about winning the macro game, and does enhance the challenge. For instance, this is going to be a big hole to climb out of.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 5/2/2011 3:41:55 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Confederate AAR Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI