Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Game Suggestions:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Game Suggestions: Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Game Suggestions: - 8/26/2015 3:11:59 PM   
jfk1978

Hi all,
i don't know if this is already suggested in this forum, but why not add the war decorations?
I think it would be interesting to see rewarded the best actions during the game, however, as has been done historically.
For example may be assigned iron crosses second class and first class to those soldiers of Axis divisions in a single combat achieved certain results (many prisoners taken, as many enemy vehicles destroyed, defense against overwhelming odds ... etc ...). The same for soviet troops.
The war decorations may have effects on the experience and morale of the divisions, making such a division isolated it can be destroyed much more difficult.
Also for the leaders they could be assigned military decorations when you reach certain goals strategically important.
Think you could put in the game?

(in reply to imberbe)
Post #: 661
RE: Game Suggestions: - 8/27/2015 10:11:31 AM   
swkuh

Leaders' wins/losses are tracked and their quality factors are changed as play goes on. Unit quality factors, experience & fatigue, are tracked. But, noted that divisions & leaders are not awarded medals, visible signs of merit. Might be interesting.

(in reply to jfk1978)
Post #: 662
RE: Game Suggestions: - 8/27/2015 12:10:29 PM   
jfk1978

it might be interesting and exciting partly because the war decorations were of different types, so there could be medals for bravery for defensive actions or attack actions and could visibly reflect the player's skills. for example, the iron cross of second class and first class to achieve results in single combat could reflect the tactical skills of the player, while the decorations of merit as the "Cross of Knight of the Iron Cross", for the leaders, might reflect strategic skills of the player.
You may also make special rankings for multiplayer games in which we can understand who is better tactically and who is better at the strategic level.
It could be a lot of fun even if some of these items are already included.

(in reply to swkuh)
Post #: 663
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/18/2015 1:26:20 AM   
s2tanker

What about a way to minimize reload cheating in the multiplayer mode? Perhaps host a game on the server so that the actual game is being run remotely, making reloading impossible. Reload cheats are an extreme problem when one side has the offensive initiative, such as the Axis up through December 1941. It really throws off game balance and makes it impossible to win playing the Soviets against a decent Axis player reloading turns until they find the weak spot -- essentially using the system to recon Soviet lines or to test out alternative attack routes.

Know the enemy and yourself...

(in reply to jfk1978)
Post #: 664
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/20/2015 10:55:25 AM   
malyhin1517

Propose to add a mapping to units of the Fatigue factor. In addition, the factors of Experience and Morality for the Russians appear uncomfortable. Offer color factor on a unit to change not fixed (>85%, 71-85%...), and relative to the mean level of factor on all units.

< Message edited by malyhin1517 -- 9/20/2015 12:14:37 PM >

(in reply to s2tanker)
Post #: 665
RE: Game Suggestions: - 10/31/2015 2:16:42 PM   
chaos45

After some recent reading....

I know it was suggested for WITW but not implemented however I think it should be implemented in WITE2 is:

Allow German divisions broken down into regiments to be turned in support units and attached to other divisions. After some recent reading this appears to have been a very common tactic of cross attaching regiments from 1 division to another to support key attacks or defensive operations. I know it will increase possible german max stacks but at the same time remove units from the board if they choose to do such.

Now this was done for infantry divisions....I could see abuse if allowed to attach to panzer/motorized units so would need a limiting factor to ensure this didnt happen, as the German army wasnt motorized enough to in effect motorized extra infantry divisions as regiments and them with the panzers/motorized divisions lol. Attaching to other German infantry units should be fine tho.

Even in cases where their parent division was quite far away.

Also would suggest to allow Soviet rifle divisions the ability to attach 1 SU like a german regiment/BDE. Then allow Soviet tank BDEs to be turned into SU and attachable. Would get closer to the effect of usually how the tank BDEs were used early in the war as more infantry support units.

< Message edited by chaos45 -- 10/31/2015 3:57:42 PM >

(in reply to malyhin1517)
Post #: 666
RE: Game Suggestions: - 10/31/2015 4:40:54 PM   
swkuh

German regiments can be moved away from original locations, set to reserve, and assigned to other HQs. Seems to cover suggestions (AFAIK.)

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 667
RE: Game Suggestions: - 10/31/2015 7:15:22 PM   
chaos45

it could aside from stacking issues that creates.

(in reply to swkuh)
Post #: 668
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/2/2015 7:29:46 AM   
VigaBrand

Two suggestions:
(1) Bring back the air game: Can you please change the Airfield Bombing to 5% or changed it back and we all play with Houserules? The Airforce cost loads of trucks with now fewer gains. The first soviet player will think about delete all there air units to save trucks and this will be the end of the Air Warfare in WitE I.
(2) Is it possilbe to implement the following rule:
No Lvov pocket by the germans in the first turn will delay the industry evacuation by 2 turns (from 3 to 5)?
Reason: No Lvov pocket means the germans can move later to Romania and so will later start there rail repair. The soviet forces in the lvov area will delay and german advance or escape, so the german must benefit from choosing not to make the Lvov Pocket. This will maybe add a new choice for the opening and will lead to some new starts and quite more different starts and strategies.

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 669
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/13/2015 12:25:11 PM   
Mehring

Would be nice to make War in Europe on a globe shaped map, to facilitate actual distance between locations.

“Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man.”
-Leon Trotsky

(in reply to VigaBrand)
Post #: 670
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/13/2015 12:31:53 PM   
morvael

I was thinking about this the other day. I think a sphere can be made out of hexagons (if it can be made from triangles...), so games showing large part of globe (a continent) should go that way. I wonder what would be the reaction of gamers to such fancy presentation, maybe some used to 2d maps would get a headache? :)

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 671
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/13/2015 12:48:48 PM   
Mehring

I'm sure many would regard it as a pointless waste of time until they used it, at which point they might question how they'd ever believed the world should be flat.

-Leon Trotsky

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 672
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/13/2015 12:54:43 PM   
morvael

If it was possible in 1994, why not now?

(ok, this map was a vector map and had low number of details, but with modern machines there should be no problem)

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 673
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/13/2015 1:07:51 PM   
Mehring

I think Silent Hunter series was done on a cylinder so curves were possible, but like you say, hexagons will work on a globe. The only reason I can see for our flat game worlds is the custom and habit of their board game ancestors.

-Leon Trotsky

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 674
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/14/2015 8:05:07 AM   
sillyflower

I think that we should all get 3D printers with Wite 2 having a 3D version of the map we can then print off as a globe with a radius of about 5 meters. It would then be easy to add in WiTW and any other geographical extensions. Units etc project onto the globe and unit movement will be made with some sort of pen-type device linked to the PC.

Must stop. Time for my medication.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 675
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/14/2015 8:37:18 AM   
Mehring

Oh! Ho , ho, ho! Such a wit!

-Leon Trotsky

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 676
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/14/2015 4:19:44 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mehring

Oh! Ho , ho, ho! Such a wit!

How kind. Thank you. To think that I never thought that I would ever see you write anything nice about anyone who did not share your views.........

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 677
RE: Game Suggestions: - 11/14/2015 9:27:01 PM   
Bozo_the_Clown

quote:

If it was possible in 1994, why not now?

(ok, this map was a vector map and had low number of details, but with modern machines there should be no problem)

Morvael, you played "UFO: Enemy Unknown" as well? I loved that game!

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 678
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/11/2015 4:54:13 PM   
gmtello

There should be a kind of warning when you are combining units from differntes army groups

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 679
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/11/2015 4:55:55 PM   
gmtello

And have the chance to have the map like in summer no matter the weather snow, mud...

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 680
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/11/2015 4:57:26 PM   
gmtello

There must be an adiittion in the air system informing eh y you cant use units And the reason

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 681
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/11/2015 4:58:24 PM   
gmtello

In the server game you should have the chance to contact the opponent

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 682
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/11/2015 5:00:04 PM   
gmtello

And the opponent that dont send a turn in a while should be eliminated

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 683
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/11/2015 5:04:46 PM   
gmtello

A other good po int could be include opponent information like victories defeats And more important games ended

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 684
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/11/2015 5:08:27 PM   
gmtello

The game manual should include more examples with pictures related

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 685
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/11/2015 5:10:58 PM   
gmtello

Some aspects of the manual are useless while the most important are missing or halve missing

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 686
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/11/2015 5:19:05 PM   
gmtello

The real use of the hq build yo should be deeply explained with its consecuences

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 687
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/17/2015 10:56:17 AM   
timmyab

quote:

ORIGINAL: gmtello

And have the chance to have the map like in summer no matter the weather snow, mud...

There is already this option.

quote:

In the server game you should have the chance to contact the opponent

Good suggestion

quote:

And the opponent that dont send a turn in a while should be eliminated

Lol Harsh but fair!

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 688
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/29/2015 2:41:42 PM   
Revthought

New player, some suggestions for any future title:

1. Let the player muck around with the types of things factories produce. It doesn't have to be full control, see War in the Pacific.
2. Make factories more dynamic. If I'm playing Germany and capture a factory, and hold it for two years, it should eventually produce German equipment.
3. Actually model naval warfare. I was VERY disappointed this didn't show up in War in the West.
4. Pipe dream: work out a mechanic like DCB has attempted, to simulated (as an option only) the lack of operational freedom for the Germans causes by Hitler's intervention.

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 689
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/29/2015 8:46:01 PM   
Redhammer627

I really like the ideas here for WitE 2.0, but I would REALLY like to see the naval warfare aspects modeled! Yes, it was a minor part of this theater, but that makes it easier to model in this game vs War in Europe or another WitW title since there are fewer ships and task forces to model (and its good practice for developing those other games to come ). It would also give the Axis a stronger reason to actually garrison the Romanian coasts, to attack the Baltic Fleet before it can be used to strengthen Leningrad, and if Murmansk is in game to keep convoys either open or try to close them down through sea-power alone. Oops sorry, daydreaming about how much I miss naval warfare modeled again

I will be happy if at the very least we get individual ships modeled as elements within an Amphibious HQ's SUs, but would be ecstatic to see the full thing!

(in reply to Revthought)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Game Suggestions: Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI