Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd - 4/27/2011 5:29:40 PM   
SlickWilhelm

Please, Vic?
Post #: 1
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 4/28/2011 12:41:02 PM   
Bivoj_MatrixForum

Or better:
From Brest-Litevsk to Moscow

(in reply to SlickWilhelm)
Post #: 2
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 4/29/2011 10:26:10 AM   
Vic

hope to give some more info by end of May... but i disclosed on the wargamer the next DC topic will be somewhere on the eastern front.

http://www.wargamer.com/article/3009/advanced-tactics-gold-edition-developers-diary

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Bivoj_MatrixForum)
Post #: 3
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 5/1/2011 6:07:29 AM   
critter

Wooo Hooo.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 5/1/2011 7:58:05 PM   
Keunert

Balkan!

(in reply to critter)
Post #: 5
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 7/2/2011 6:40:10 PM   
WilliePete

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

hope to give some more info by end of May... but i disclosed on the wargamer the next DC topic will be somewhere on the eastern front.

http://www.wargamer.com/article/3009/advanced-tactics-gold-edition-developers-diary

best,
Vic

Hi Vic,

Do you have any updated info about the next Decisive Campaigns: East Front? I'm very much looking forward to a well made East Front game. The Eastern Front provides a lot of material to work with... Any info about the next game would be much appreciated!

- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 6
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 7/8/2011 12:30:45 AM   
parusski

quote:

best,
Vic

End of day has almost past. Please give it to us.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 7/8/2011 11:55:45 AM   
Vic

Patience please... I am working on an official information release.

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 8
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 7/8/2011 7:01:39 PM   
WilliePete

Yes, sir! Looking forward to it!!!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 9
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 7/10/2011 12:19:20 PM   
Hexagon

Patience... a word that is missing on the wargames player´s dictionary 

Well, know that is a east title is enough... but not forever, i am curious about the period selected and the way to cover it, for example, if you cover barbarrossa you cover it in 3 scens (north, south, center) with a campaign based on this but in 3 periods (early, medium and Moscow battle), other option is the clasic Stalingrad with 3 parts to, summer offensive, city fight and counterattack or the 3 Kharkov battles, i dont think that you plan cover later battles... or i am totally wrong

Only can wait information about east title and of course, about game improvements, expect something for highlight units using HQ and division units and maybe increase the visibility in counter unit colour.

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 10
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 7/12/2011 5:21:04 AM   
NefariousKoel

I'll take one as driving to Berlin, and trampling over German soldiers on the way. 

I say enough with the German-centric wargames!  Let's curb stomp us some overblown SS units!

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 11
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/3/2012 6:27:00 PM   
SlickWilhelm

quote:

Patience please... I am working on an official information release.

best,
Vic

My patience quota for 2011 ran out last week. Did I miss the Official announcement? If not, could we please get an update?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 12
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/11/2012 11:23:49 PM   
freeboy

anything?

(in reply to SlickWilhelm)
Post #: 13
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/13/2012 10:48:57 PM   
WillyPete

Vic, I've been lurking around the Matrix Games forums for long time, but rarely do I post. I'm going to come out of hiding for this request, because I enjoy your game so much. Please, please give us an update! Your loyal fans are going crazy from anticipation. Anything would do!

< Message edited by LTPappy -- 1/13/2012 10:54:03 PM >

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 14
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/16/2012 6:44:43 PM   
Redmarkus5

quote:

best,
Vic

I'll buy that when it comes out for sure. I always liked your game, but I need East Front focus to get me interested.

Oops - I just saw the date on Vic's post LOL. Is this dead now?

< Message edited by redmarkus4 -- 1/16/2012 6:47:07 PM >

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 15
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/17/2012 12:51:25 AM   
sandman2575

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Is this dead now?

^ it's certainly starting to look that way...

i really hope not, as i've only recently discovered how truly outstanding DC is. But not even a hint of an update when an 'official info. release' was promised over half a year ago??

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 16
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/17/2012 10:30:12 AM   
Vic

Hi guys,

I really apologize a little bit. I have said somany times i will give more info then and than and have not done so... I apologize only a little since i usually phrased my announcement defensively using phrases like "i hope too" :)

DC2 is really starting to come together now. I have just posted a 2nd Kharkov scenario test game turn using the PBEM++ (new in DC2) system playing a tester. Personally i love how the eastern front plays with the DC engine.

Core work remaining is fine-tuning, fine-tuning, balancing, some graphics implementations and an attempt to add an extra AI.

Some info will be published soon now. Does anybody still believe my statements on more info? ;) I do myself at least! :)

One of the things i can tell already is that "DC2" will make available the un-official editor functionality. Also as already stated PBEM++ functionality is added. 3 other notable extra features include reinforcements, dynamic OOB (create new units) and an officer pool.

Kind regards,
Vic

(in reply to sandman2575)
Post #: 17
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/17/2012 11:10:26 AM   
wodin

HURRAH!

This could be the release that gets me into the series. The only my thing that really has stopped me and it's very anal is actual individual soldiers aren't counted like they are say in Panzer Campaign series. If this was every put into the game I'd have bought the first in a heart beat. Again I satte it's a very anal reason but I always take it into account, it's purely for immersion purposes though.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 18
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/17/2012 3:34:06 PM   
sandman2575

quote:

DC2 is really starting to come together now. I have just posted a 2nd Kharkov scenario test game turn using the PBEM++ (new in DC2) system playing a tester. Personally i love how the eastern front plays with the DC engine.

Core work remaining is fine-tuning, fine-tuning, balancing, some graphics implementations and an attempt to add an extra AI.

Best gaming news I've heard in a while. Excellent! I am not usually in the "Day One Purchase" category for games, but this will definitely be Day One for me.

(Re: "graphics implementations", I hope DC2 won't alter the look of the original too much... I absolutely love the look and style of DC as is... with the addition of Kiddytoto's deeper-colored map...)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 19
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/17/2012 5:14:17 PM   
parusski

I loved the game from the start and I still play it. And I am really looking forward to DC2.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Post #: 20
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/17/2012 6:20:07 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandman2575

quote:

Best gaming news I've heard in a while. Excellent! I am not usually in the "Day One Purchase" category for games, but this will definitely be Day One for me.

(Re: "graphics implementations", I hope DC2 won't alter the look of the original too much... I absolutely love the look and style of DC as is... with the addition of Kiddytoto's deeper-colored map...)

Its just that DC2 (like Dc1) has 1000s and 1000s of graphical parts. its a lot of work :) but i strongly believe all the little graphics really help immersion and historical feeling.

best,
Vic

Post #: 21
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/17/2012 6:22:30 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

HURRAH!

This could be the release that gets me into the series. The only my thing that really has stopped me and it's very anal is actual individual soldiers aren't counted like they are say in Panzer Campaign series. If this was every put into the game I'd have bought the first in a heart beat. Again I satte it's a very anal reason but I always take it into account, it's purely for immersion purposes though.

Ha ha.. no seriously i understand. But the answer is no. no individual soldiers. However with the un-offical editor going into the release a serious modder (since the editor is powerfull but therefore not easy) might make a lower scale scenario and going to individual tank and squad level.

best,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 1/17/2012 6:23:33 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 22
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/17/2012 6:24:09 PM   
Vic

@all,

ohhh.. almost forgot to say:

thanks everybody for the support and the kind words about DC. It really helps to know there are players out there who appreciate the game.

best,
vic

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 23
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/17/2012 7:02:04 PM   
parusski

quote:

@all,

ohhh.. almost forgot to say:

thanks everybody for the support and the kind words about DC. It really helps to know there are players out there who appreciate the game.

best,
vic

As loyal as I am to Matrix I sometimes forget to chime in about how much I am still enjoying the games I keep playing.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 24
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/18/2012 4:27:54 AM   
WilliePete

Urrahh! Very good news indeed to hear that things are moving along! Sounds like DC2 will be a much bigger game, and the new features, especially reinforcements, will really make the DC game engine shine.

Vic, can you give us more hints as to what main campaign will be? I have more interest in the "Ost Front" so I'm especially excited about the next game. Also, are there any plans to "bridge" the two games(DC1&2) together with one continuous campaign?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 25
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/18/2012 10:27:20 AM   
Hexagon

Vic, a little question, you plan change the casualties system??? reduce at least to a range of 10 the casualties results??? now with 100 many times i feel that bad attacks (or defenses) punish a lot looser because cant inflict any casualty in number terms, i dont ask for a 1 casualty level for infantry but maybe 10...

Cant wait to know more about DC2, curious to see the soviet infantry portraits

< Message edited by Hexagon -- 1/18/2012 10:28:32 AM >

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 26
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/19/2012 2:02:23 AM   
PzKw43

I think DC is the best operational level game engine on the market. What John Tiller (excellent well researched games, dated graphics) should have developed by now. DC has excellent maps, good unit graphics (to cartoonish but can be changed), intuitive interface (some rough spots) and it just plays well. The DC series will be my favorite games for years.

If DC2 covers Operation Barbarossa or a portion of it I would recommend reading Kiev 1941 by David Stahel. It describes the importance of force, time, space and logistics when planning operations on the eastern front. "A thoroughly enjoyable read, it injects a healthy dose of realism into the history of this dramatic battle. Dismantling myths left and right, the book sets right one of the most significant stages of Operation Barbarossa." -David Glantz

< Message edited by PzKw43 -- 1/19/2012 2:03:47 AM >

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 27
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/19/2012 7:37:53 AM   
olivier34

+1
Still playing this awesome game in PBEM, testing the variants of case white. What a pleasure

(in reply to PzKw43)
Post #: 28
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/19/2012 9:45:11 PM   
sandman2575

quote:

ORIGINAL: PzKw43

I think DC is the best operational level game engine on the market. What John Tiller (excellent well researched games, dated graphics) should have developed by now. DC has excellent maps, good unit graphics (to cartoonish but can be changed), intuitive interface (some rough spots) and it just plays well. The DC series will be my favorite games for years.

If DC2 covers Operation Barbarossa or a portion of it I would recommend reading Kiev 1941 by David Stahel. It describes the importance of force, time, space and logistics when planning operations on the eastern front. "A thoroughly enjoyable read, it injects a healthy dose of realism into the history of this dramatic battle. Dismantling myths left and right, the book sets right one of the most significant stages of Operation Barbarossa." -David Glantz

Couldn't agree with you more on how excellent DC is. (I actually really like the stylized unit graphics though!)

I do hope DC2 will move us into Barbarossa territory. I think it would make a terrific complement to GG's War in the East. I do find WitE enjoyable but something about it just doesn't 'click' for me with it. Once I really got into Decisive Campaigns, I couldn't stop playing it, whereas I keep see-sawing back and forth between being absorbed by WitE and then feeling little urgency to play it. There's just something that feels kind of sterile about it -- the presentation & overall look is a little too bland, uninspired, and 'non-immersive.' When I go back to DC, I really feel the difference of how the sharp, clean, elegant presentation pulls you in, and the gameplay just keeps you hooked. So I'd love to see what DC2 could do with the Eastern Front.

Glad to read your recommendation of Stahel's new book -- I was excited to get it for my kindle a few weeks ago, but it does not seem to be available in e-book form yet. I picked up Antony Beevor's superb "Stalingrad" instead, and would enthusiastically recommend it to anyone looking for a primer on the German-Soviet war -- even though it's main subject is 'just Stalingrad,' Beevor does an excellent job providing in-depth context and a 'big picture' view of Barbarossa, Case Blue and the events preceding. (Much superior, I think, to Alan Clarke's book, which I found rather too breezy and often felt like it was skimming the surface rather than really getting to anything in much depth.) Anyway, "KIEV 1941" is next on my reading list.

(in reply to PzKw43)
Post #: 29
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/20/2012 1:04:09 AM   
PzKw43

I agree about WitE, something seems to be missing. Grisby formats numbers as text, left aligned and no commas which annoys me. DC rocks!

Stahel's previous book Operation Barbarossa and Germany's Defeat in the East is also excellent. Kiev 1941 picks up where the previous book stops (capture of Smolensk). He is one of the co-authors of Nazi Policy on the Eastern Front, 1941: Total War, Genocide, and Radicalization coming out next month. I think Stopped at Stalingrad: The Luftwaffe and Hitler's Defeat in the East, 1942-1943 is the most interesting book on Stalingrad.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI