Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/21/2012 2:16:57 AM   
WilliePete

quote:

ORIGINAL: PzKw43

I agree about WitE, something seems to be missing. Grisby formats numbers as text, left aligned and no commas which annoys me. DC rocks!

Stahel's previous book Operation Barbarossa and Germany's Defeat in the East is also excellent. Kiev 1941 picks up where the previous book stops (capture of Smolensk). He is one of the co-authors of Nazi Policy on the Eastern Front, 1941: Total War, Genocide, and Radicalization coming out next month. I think Stopped at Stalingrad: The Luftwaffe and Hitler's Defeat in the East, 1942-1943 is the most interesting book on Stalingrad.

I'm right there with the both of you. I've been bouncing back and forth between both games, but DC is my favorite by far. I feel it deserves more attention from wargamers. I'm surprised that there isn't more "traffic" in this forum. Regarding WitE, I dislike how certain game elements take away choices/freedom. One big example is the first winter rule... I'm really looking forward to the Eastern Front with the DC game engine.

By the way, I'm currently reading Glantz's book "Barbarossa Derailed" which focuses on the battles for Smolensk 41'. In a nutshell he makes a point that Smolensk was not a little "bump" in the road that many historians view it as, but a massive battle that delayed and bled AGC, changing the course of the war. I believe the book goes for around $100, but I went with the Kindle version for $15. It's a good read, but I don't think it's worth 100 bucks.

I hope Vic focuses DC2 on Barbarossa/ early EF. The Eastern Front is too big to cover in just one game. I'd like have DC2 cover the early East Front, then maybe go to a different theatre with DC3, but come back to the EF in a future version. I'm interested in all aspects of WW2, but the East Front takes the cake for me!

- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -

(in reply to PzKw43)
Post #: 31
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/30/2012 8:36:09 PM   
Phenix

For me nothing is missing in Wite, love the scale and the eastern front is the most interesting and enjoyable to play.
So if its another game in that theater of that scale im thrilled, one doesnt rule out another :)

I hope its not just scenarios though, but a campaign as the name suggests.

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 32
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 1/31/2012 4:37:10 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phenix

For me nothing is missing in Wite, love the scale and the eastern front is the most interesting and enjoyable to play.
So if its another game in that theater of that scale im thrilled, one doesnt rule out another :)

I hope its not just scenarios though, but a campaign as the name suggests.

I agree with you Phenix, WITE is great and nothing is missing. I love Decisive Campaigns for different reasons. DC should get a lot more attention. BPB

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Phenix)
Post #: 33
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/3/2012 9:30:45 AM   
Hexagon

After another month more with no info about east DC... is all fine??? i expect see at least a few screenshoots and have more info about game... we are waiting since the begin of the year...

Thanks.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 34
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/4/2012 8:29:49 PM   
Keunert

reliable sources at Foxconn sent me a notice that the new DC title is in production and will hit shelves next summer. it will focus on the mediterrean and balkan theater.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 35
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/10/2012 5:08:55 AM   
WilliePete

quote:

Foxconn

are you trying to be funny? Vic himself has stated numerous times that the next title will be about the Eastern Front...

Vic, please give us a shout-out and let us know you are still here and what you are working on!

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 36
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/11/2012 11:18:50 AM   
Hexagon

He try to be fun but fail as HMS Hood VS a BB

Well, i expect at this point have the game... but dont have even info about what or how is... maybe this is why i hate wargames because the info level usually prerelease is very poor with very few exceptions, is great enter one day in the forum or web of the game you follow and see that is released but this for me doesnt cover the usually lack of info pre-release.

PD: but at least here we know more than in other publisers... i have one in my mind but i cant say it or Tiller could be mad , this is a good use of ironic mode

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 37
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/13/2012 4:07:29 AM   
WilliePete

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

He try to be fun but fail as HMS Hood VS a BB

Well, i expect at this point have the game... but dont have even info about what or how is... maybe this is why i hate wargames because the info level usually prerelease is very poor with very few exceptions, is great enter one day in the forum or web of the game you follow and see that is released but this for me doesnt cover the usually lack of info pre-release.

PD: but at least here we know more than in other publisers... i have one in my mind but i cant say it or Tiller could be mad , this is a good use of ironic mode

I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect that it's going to be a long time before we hear anything about this game. You never know though, maybe Vic will surprise us all and announce a release date... If I remember correctly, Warsaw to Paris came out of nowhere and was released without much marketing.

It would be nice though just to see a screen shot or two of what DC is going to look like on the Ost Front. I'm sure the unit art is going to look sweet, and I can't wait to see some T-34s rolling acrossed the vast Russian steppe!

Vic, we are not asking for much. One screen shot, ok?

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 38
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/13/2012 7:34:19 AM   
Keunert

yes one screenshot!

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 39
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/13/2012 4:53:20 PM   
willgamer

OOOOOOk!....

How about just a "proof of life" shoutout?

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 40
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/13/2012 6:14:05 PM   
critter

quote:

ORIGINAL: willgamer

OOOOOOk!....

How about just a "proof of life" shoutout?

LOL.. I don't understand it either. Obviously this game has alott of loyal players, Seems Vic and Matrix would assign some one to answer questions.
While I'll proubly be a "first day buy of the new game." It they go the SSG route of not fixing the older releases I won't buy many more.

I wan't a Decisive Campaigns system. Not a series of differn't games based on the DC name.

(in reply to willgamer)
Post #: 41
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/13/2012 8:16:06 PM   
Hexagon

Well, i prefer now DC scale and system because now play at PzC level is excesive in time... and SSG for me are to abstract in casualties, i prefer see number of soldiers, tanks etc etc, i enter in wargame world via PC not table games.

I really expect the game, i prefer east front over west front but maybe here all depends in scens selection, DC1 problem for me is the lack of medium scens, no full campaign only 1 armies for example, faster to play... i expect see this scens in DC2 if he cover the Blue case (i see this title in VR web) he can made interesting what if.

Sure art is going to be great, even i finally fall in love with big face soldier

PD: i wait more see KV-1 art than T-34

(in reply to critter)
Post #: 42
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/13/2012 8:56:26 PM   
Keunert

two screenshots!

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 43
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/14/2012 4:17:14 AM   
WilliePete

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert

two screenshots!

Yes, indeed let's have two screenshots! One of the Germans and the other of the Soviets!

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 44
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/14/2012 10:09:56 AM   
Hexagon

If we are going to ask for screenshoots is better 1 per army, think that we have minors like romanian, italian, hungarian and some minors in germany like Luftwaffe field divisions and SS units in Blue case

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 45
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/15/2012 6:30:02 PM   
Vic

There probably be a Slitherine press day in end of April. This will be a good occasion to reveal the game and publish some screenshots. Working like hell in hammering DC2 in to its final shape. Its no easy feat, but it is comming together. After DC2 an upgrade (very big patch) of DC1 (Warsaw To Paris) is scheduled. Hope to answer some more questions after DC2 has been formally announced.

Best regards,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 46
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/15/2012 7:53:28 PM   
olivier34

20th of April is my birthday. Could that be the day chosen ?
Thanks for your great work Vic. Your game is awesome and I suspect that DC2 will be a perfect joy !
Olivier

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 47
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/15/2012 11:53:54 PM   
Rosseau

Give me an editor or give me death

(in reply to olivier34)
Post #: 48
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/16/2012 9:17:43 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

a non-official editor will be included with DC2.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 49
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/16/2012 11:19:16 AM   
Hexagon

Thanks for the info, now only need wait a little more

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 50
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/16/2012 1:10:22 PM   
Keunert

cool to get some infos Vic. i'm just getting into DC1 again. it's probably my favourite game in the last few years.
or on par with Angry Birds.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 51
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/17/2012 1:48:18 AM   
Rosseau

I would have bought it without the editor, but thanks for thinking of us. There is no doubt Matrix has some of the most responsive devs on the planet. So we vote with our money.

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 52
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/20/2012 12:36:06 PM   
Rasputitsa

Screen shots would be good, looking forward to seeing this develop.

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 53
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/20/2012 5:41:47 PM   
Keunert

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 54
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/21/2012 1:07:36 AM   
WilliePete

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

quote:

I noticed the VR Designs site had the working title, "Decisive Campaigns : Case Blue." Would it be fair to say that the next game will focus on the drive for Stalingrad and the Caucasus?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 55
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/22/2012 4:54:48 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliePete

quote:

quote:

I noticed the VR Designs site had the working title, "Decisive Campaigns : Case Blue." Would it be fair to say that the next game will focus on the drive for Stalingrad and the Caucasus?

Yes its focussing on the period from May 1942 all the way into early 1943 in the Ukraine and Caucasus. 10km hexes, regimental-sized units, same scale and time-frame as the Poland scenario in DC:WTP.

Best regards,
Vic

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 56
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/22/2012 5:54:48 PM   
Keunert

is it safe to say that we will spend some time with it this summer?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 57
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 3/23/2012 2:04:59 PM   
WilliePete

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliePete

quote:

quote:

Yes its focussing on the period from May 1942 all the way into early 1943 in the Ukraine and Caucasus. 10km hexes, regimental-sized units, same scale and time-frame as the Poland scenario in DC:WTP.

Best regards,
Vic

Yes! Stalingrad!!! Vic, when you say early 43' does that mean a 3rd battle for Kharkov scenario?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 58
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 4/10/2012 5:09:00 PM   
colberki

Sounds like DC2 is Case Blau. If so, given its scale, it could be the computer version of the old SPI game Drive on Stalingrad. Fantastic! A must buy for me. I enjoyed DC1 a lot.

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 59
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 4/25/2012 9:06:04 AM   
Hexagon

First images!!!! you can see it here, in the product web.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/434/details/Decisive.Campaigns:.Case.Blue

I like a lot the soviet planes images (Hurricanes LOL) and cant wait to see more of them and have it in my HD.

Oooo release date is stimated to june/july

Waiting more info (apart the info that we know in the event).

(in reply to colberki)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI