Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 4/25/2012 9:48:22 AM   
Josh

Wow impressive, thx for that linky! WitE has found it's biggest rival yet.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 61
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 4/25/2012 1:27:26 PM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Wow impressive, thx for that linky! WitE has found it's biggest rival yet.

The scale is quite different and I'm sure the two can peacefully coexist. As an Eastern Front junkie DC:CB will be a must buy for me.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 62
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 4/25/2012 6:59:49 PM   
Txema

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

First images!!!! you can see it here, in the product web.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/434/details/Decisive.Campaigns:.Case.Blue

I like a lot the soviet planes images (Hurricanes LOL) and cant wait to see more of them and have it in my HD.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soviet-Hurricane-Aces-World-Aircraft/dp/1849087415/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 63
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 4/25/2012 7:20:45 PM   
Hexagon

I know, i have other Osprey books, soviet hurricanes appear in the book that cover the Finland aces and in the book about soviet aces in WWII... but Aircobra was used in bigger numbers if i dont remember bad and Spitfire was used to

Unlike west tanks (specially british deadman boxes) soviets dont dislike this west material.

< Message edited by Hexagon -- 4/25/2012 7:21:56 PM >

(in reply to Txema)
Post #: 64
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 5/1/2012 4:22:18 PM   
Hexagon

More pics here

I dont understand why we cant have all this info in a same place...

PD: really the job in units art is great

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 65
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 5/1/2012 11:29:22 PM   
WilliePete

Hoorah! This is the news I've been waiting so patiently for!!! Thanks for posting that link! I must confess, I'm quite surprised to see that this game is not only going to happen, but will be released fairly soon.

I was under the impression that we wouldn't see a new DC game for a long time. We didn't have much to go by, and if you followed Vic's site it seemed like his focus was elsewhere and on things like "Small General."

Decisive Campaigns has been a breath of fresh air for pc wargaming. Case Blue looks great and seems like a lot of improvements have been made. More pics, please!

- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 66
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 5/2/2012 5:55:44 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliePete

Hoorah! This is the news I've been waiting so patiently for!!! Thanks for posting that link! I must confess, I'm quite surprised to see that this game is not only going to happen, but will be released fairly soon.

I was under the impression that we wouldn't see a new DC game for a long time. We didn't have much to go by, and if you followed Vic's site it seemed like his focus was elsewhere and on things like "Small General."

Decisive Campaigns has been a breath of fresh air for pc wargaming. Case Blue looks great and seems like a lot of improvements have been made. More pics, please!

Nope Small General is definitely a fun side project.

Case Blue has been getting main attention for a long time now.

I hope by including the editor in dc2:case blue will help to avoid the content-lock-down we have had between dc1 and dc2.

best regards,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 5/2/2012 5:57:22 PM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 67
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 5/2/2012 7:25:08 PM   
Hexagon

Nice, for me the main "problem" with DC1 is the lack of medium scens... for example one covering only the assault over Belgium... maybe we can see more medium scens for PBEM.

Ummm a little question Vic, the DC serie is locked on WWII or you plan use the game to cover other periods??? i think in WWI (for example Meggido with other medium/small battles in middle east), Spanish Civil War or even using your avatar as idea the Franco-Prussian war.

Well, cant wait to see the game in my HD, expect have fun with it... maybe a 2 VS game hehehe... oooo is now possible in this game mode asing you the troops you want to every player or is like in DC1 locked??? thanks.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 68
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 5/7/2012 1:46:59 PM   
Vic

The engine is not locked as such. And with the inclusion of the editor in release of dc:case blue i basically give any modder or third party the option to do any time period he likes.

< Message edited by Vic -- 5/7/2012 1:47:21 PM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 69
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 5/7/2012 9:07:42 PM   
Hexagon

Thanks for the reply Vic, yes, i expect see more custom scens in DC even if they are only for PBEM, specially covering other battles/periods... but i dont say no if you do a DC3 with a diferent taste, i like your work and is not the first game that i have the oficial game and the modd version

PD: oooo the scens made with editor are compatible with DC: 1st blitzkrieg???

< Message edited by Hexagon -- 5/7/2012 9:08:23 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 70
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 5/9/2012 10:50:48 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Thanks for the reply Vic, yes, i expect see more custom scens in DC even if they are only for PBEM, specially covering other battles/periods... but i dont say no if you do a DC3 with a diferent taste, i like your work and is not the first game that i have the oficial game and the modd version

PD: oooo the scens made with editor are compatible with DC: 1st blitzkrieg???

No they will stay seperate games for the forseeable future, however i am planning to do a major super patch of dc1 after the release of dc2 and also make the editor available for it.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 71
RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Pet... - 5/11/2012 2:34:00 AM   
Rosseau

What great news! After my current loss as France, will wait to buy dc2 and then maybe there's the super patch. Could be a nice Christmas present this year.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 72
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> RE: Decisive Campaigns: The Great War from Paris to Petrograd Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI