Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT - They got Osama

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: OT - They got Osama Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 3:56:40 AM   
Shellshock

quote:

ORIGINAL: 5thGuardsTankArmyIf only those two planes would have hit the Cooling Towers of India Point Nuclear Center instead..
(I look forward to JEW and Terminus will come online..)

Good Night Kid's.

Considering that the containment buildings at Indian (not India) Point are made of reinforced concrete and steel, any civilian aircraft would likely have disintegrated on impact. Plus, there was a good chance they would have struck the one unit of the four that was decommissioned at the time. In any case probably saving thousands of lives in New York.

So, thank you for your kind thoughts, jerk.

(in reply to 5thGuardsTankArmy)
Post #: 301
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 4:06:52 AM   
ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: 5thGuardsTankArmy

If only those two planes would have hit the Cooling Towers of India Point Nuclear Center instead..

Good Night Kid's.

I think maybe the Swedish government should look into whether you have a pilot's license!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

Post #: 302
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 4:08:25 AM   
USSAmerica

I don't think he's old enough to have a driver's license.  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to ChickenOfTheSea)
Post #: 303
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 4:24:46 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

ChickenOfTheSea,

Not only could he pull his own head off but he'd beat you to death with it, leave it as a calling card and spontaneously grow a new one in time for the photo op to celebrate yet another successful mission.

P.s. When I re-read that it sounds quite threatening actually. I use YOU as the generic plural, not you specifically. I hope Chuck Norris never beats you to death with his own ripped off head... It might be a strange wish but it is, at least, heartfelt

But I thought Chuck Norris was beating you to death with a head? Whether it was his or yours, shouldn't that be headfelt?

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 304
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 4:26:15 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Guy's... Please don't react to this poor sad little troll, that calls himself 5thGuardsTankArmy. It's the only way he can get any interaction on this forum, because he as no clue at all how the game works. Just green button him, as he says nothing that is of any worth to us.

I'm with you, sir bird dude. I've had a certain poster green buttoned since January. I don't know why others haven't had the same settings as well.

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 305
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 4:39:13 AM   
Rainer

It's very simple folks.
Green button.
Silence.
Peace.
That's all.

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 306
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 4:45:12 AM   
ChickenOfTheSea

My problem is curiosity. I never green button anyone because I want to see what happens next.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 307
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 6:09:28 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45

I think the important thing is we got him. Took us a long time but in the end he achieved room temperature. The lesson for the rest of them is they are on our list and one day we will get them too. ;)

Very well said, oldman45.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 308
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 6:15:21 AM   
Rainer

No problem.
You can always reset the button which I do sometimes when from a response to a "green buttened" post I conclude there might be something to look at.

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

Post #: 309
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 8:03:42 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Here is a pretty definitive essay on the legality of the OBL strike (written by a law professor):

http://volokh.com/2011/05/06/un-special-rapporteurs-demand-information-to-justify-obl-killing-and-what-holder-should-have-said-and-koh-should-say/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+volokh%2Fmainfeed+%28The+Volokh+Conspiracy%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

It includes this summary:
quote:

So, to say what the US Attorney General should have said : It is

• okay to enter a country that is “unable or unwilling,”
  • okay to use lethal force,
  • okay to attack without warning,
  • okay to attack an unarmed, unthreatening, but still lawful target,
  • okay to attack without inviting surrender,
  • okay to press the attack with lethal force and without pause, the exception being if the target were to succeed in completing the act of surrender — which, in this case, is likely to be never, because there will not be enough time, and
  • okay not to give the target time to make an attempt at surrender, even if inclined or even attempting, by pausing or slowing the attack.

Note that he also talks about "completion" of a surrender and how that is different than someone merely being unarmed or throwing up their hands or waving a white flag.

Yes, this is the US enterpetation. NOT the Opinion of the World however.
This is because the UN has made it crystal clare, that there are no such thing as "war on Terror". Terrorism is by International law considered criminal activery, not an act of war.

> Fortunately, Sir, the United Nation's opinion - fine organization that it may be - seems not to have stopped us from giving Mr. bin Laden the good old double tap.

This means shooting a unarmed individual, on forigen soil is by Pakestani law considered Murder. and by international law considered "Act of Agression" and "Supression of Civil and Human Rights and a serius thret to a individuals freedom"

> It would seem that Seal Team Six - and the other supporting Services involved, were not particularly concerned with what the Pakastani's thought - that would be my take, Sir.

> Perhaps it would be appropriate if the rest of Mr. bin Laden's on site entourage should give gratitude that they were not on The List?

It basically makes the entire rapport useless as it is made under the "US Point of Wiev" and thus has no mirit or value when looking on the facts from the perspective used by the United Nations or Rome Statue of International Criminals Court.

> I would respectfully submit, Sir, that it appears - at least as of last Monday, that most of the fine Citizens of the USA (not to mention other good people in foreign lands - just a guess) did not give a rat's behind about the UN or Rome Statute of International whosaida whatsa Court's opinion.

Your Nation just murdered a criminal on forigen soil, I hope you are proud.

> Beyond measure, Sir.

I am actually happy you did it because it is making it evan more clare what you are capable of doing, and it is showing the world what kind of a thret you actually are to the world society. I hope it gives Al-Queda a serius boost in manpower and contributers! I am actually Neutral in the conflict between you and them,

> Let us hope, for your sake, that you remain so, Sir. We do not forget, and have a rather long reach.

but after your last stunt here I am actually starting to lean in favour of them,

> I would prefer to opine - "a first class example of operational planning and how to do it right".

I look forward to see their next move...

> In the Not So Distant Future, one would hope. No doubt there are a number of Al Q leaders who have recently changed residence and are not sleeping as well as they used to. Sir.

Well - Gents - will you look at this, good old polite Mac actually got a burr under his saddle.

Very Respectfully,

Mac

LAV-25 2147

Post #: 310
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 8:12:22 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

<crap flushed>

(And to you "I love hero best in the world US hallelluja folks, just bring it on.. I won't check this thread any more as I'm leaving now for vaccation - Bye).

<all the turds didn't go down with the first flush>

I see your pathetic, disgusting words are still not worth the electrons they are consuming to exist. Everything you write can be judged by the honesty of your statement above that you won't check this thread anymore.

And you are still a piece of ****!

If only those two planes would have hit the Cooling Towers of India Point Nuclear Center instead..

Good Night Kid's.

Sir -

You are insulting two Men whom I greatly respect.

Why don't you use your real name, and let us know where you reside - however, that would take courage and integrity.

Well, I must be on a roll.

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 5/8/2011 8:48:49 AM >

LAV-25 2147

Post #: 311
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 10:48:44 AM   
gwozdziu12

Gents don't be to cruel to European law smart asses. We've our law tradition - always talk much (sometimes to much) about ethical aspects of some action. On the other hand in US you don't waist your time for such bollocks. In my opinion it's good that Osama is gone, he deserve for that kind of death and funeral. Is there any reason to cheer? Well death shouldn't be reason to cheer, but I'm glad that justice've done, what should be done few years ago. That's all.

The more important thing is that you've gave a clear signal: watch out (...) - if you want play without rules, we can also play that way.

< Message edited by gwozdziu12 -- 5/8/2011 1:01:00 PM >

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 312
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 11:29:42 AM   
5thGuardsTankArmy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shellshock

quote:

ORIGINAL: 5thGuardsTankArmyIf only those two planes would have hit the Cooling Towers of India Point Nuclear Center instead..

Good Night Kid's.

Considering that the containment buildings at Indian (not India) Point are made of reinforced concrete and steel, any civilian aircraft would likely have disintegrated on impact. Plus, there was a good chance they would have struck the one unit of the four that was decommissioned at the time. In any case probably saving thousands of lives in New York.

So, thank you for your kind thoughts, jerk.

No according to FEMA... but hey what do they know.

(in reply to Shellshock)
Post #: 313
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 11:34:00 AM   
5thGuardsTankArmy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

Good Night Kid's.

I think maybe the Swedish government should look into whether you have a pilot's license!

Actually a PPL, but my views is already known for the Swedish Government. Here you wont get arrested for supporting Terrorism! You won't Evan be questioned if you knew anything unless you want to, the only way you can come into trouble with the law is if you comitt a crime.

That is why people like Mullah Krekar can walk the streets as a free man in Scandinavia (he has Police protection btw to protect him against the CIA.. haha funny how that is)... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullah_Krekar

Post #: 314
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 11:48:32 AM   
5thGuardsTankArmy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

Sir -

You are insulting two Men whom I greatly respect.

Why don't you use your real name, and let us know where you reside - however, that would take courage and integrity.

Well, I must be on a roll.

Mac

But seriously..
Do I (and the people living here) not have the right to have the opinions we like? aftar all it is a democracy.
I don't graft Bin Ladens death, but I do feel that his 9/11 Attacks was necessary.

I think 9/11 was necessary as it shows that if you piss of to many people someone is going to hit you back at some point.
And at 9/11 someone living in a cave made you bleed, something who was (and still is inspiring to very very many people. Bin Laden has inspired many fine young men who
hate US Financial Imperialism and arrogance. Personally I of course do not intend to attempt to join his ranks, that would be absurd! (So don't evan go there).
But I do not fear for speaking my honest opinion, and I know that according to SCB State Statictics Bureau over 41% of the population has the same views as my self!
I do not have sympathies for the cave men fighting you either, but their presence in this world is necessary.

< Message edited by 5thGuardsTankArmy -- 5/8/2011 12:05:49 PM >

Post #: 315
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 12:18:37 PM   
Nemo121

oldman45,

Actually, you're wrong. Technically he is sea temperature, well, bottom of the sea temperature

All,
To be fair, 5thGuardsTankArmy DOES have the right to express his opinion... even if it is odious. I think it is quite odious to see others refer to any laws/views/lives etc which aren't from their country as being somehow wrong or less valuable. Pakistani, European, International and American law all have support and legal background and we should respect them all - to an extent. When you go around saying that if it isn't American law then you don't need to respect it you give ammunition to the people who say, "If it isn't Sharia law then they don't need to respect it". It is the same argument, just reversed. So, by falling into his trap of responding not only are you responding to what he is saying but in belittling other legal codes, countries and the value of lives in those countries you are actually creating divisions with people who would generally support you but can't support such viewpoints.

I think though when he chose to refer to JWE as JEW that he crossed the line to a clear breach of forum rules. So, since jwilkerson isn't around to act as moderator anymore who can that be reported to? You might choose to argue with him on here ( feeding the troll ) but I think it'd be more effective to just use the forum rules which he appears to have breached.

To be fair though gwozd12 has also clearly broken the forum rules in retaliation by referring to all Muslims as "goat lovers" which is clearly racist also. So, an even-handed application of the rules would see both banned, unfortunately. This sort of collateral damage is what happens when people respond. Racism isn't right, ever.

In total then 5thGuardsTankArmy is getting precisely what he wanted:
a) getting reactions from people

b) having those reactions be extreme ( I'm sure the people who posted here wouldn't really believe that European laws are worthless and should be superceded by American law, especially since that is PRECISELY the argument Al Qaeda etc make when they argue for the use of Sharia law worldwide ) and create divisiveness between people who should be united against his general viewpoint.

c) getting others to breach forum rules in their reactions so he can muddy the waters if moderators get involved and say "others were doing it too".

Congratulations guys, you're giving him an alibi *sigh*

P.s. You'll note that when his initial post didn't get its intended outcome he put his holiday on hold and popped back to post more incitements which people are responding to. He's just trolling and, unfortunately, people are falling for it.

< Message edited by Nemo121 -- 5/8/2011 12:45:22 PM >

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

Post #: 316
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 12:59:49 PM   
gwozdziu12

It was not my intention to call all muslims "goat lovers" - no. That was about this sort of people, who thinks that jihad is the best solution for their problems, that suicide bombers are heroes, or saints, and what more, who believe that's god's will. Personally I don't have anything against muslims - if they respect law of the country where they are living.

But Nemo's right - I'll edit my post.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 317
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 1:06:13 PM   
Nemo121

gwodzie12,

I'm glad to hear that. Sorry to have had to single you out but I wanted to be clear that we couldn't just ban someone because we didn't like their viewpoint.

As I said, when these sorts of threads get going people can say things which seem to imply things they didn't mean. We've ALL been there

(in reply to gwozdziu12)
Post #: 318
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 1:16:36 PM   
sprior

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwozdziu12

Gents don't be to cruel to European law smart asses. We've our law tradition - always talk much (sometimes to much) about ethical aspects of some action. On the other hand in US you don't waist your time for such bollocks. In my opinion it's good that Osama is gone, he deserve for that kind of death and funeral. Is there any reason to cheer? Well death shouldn't be reason to cheer, but I'm glad that justice've done, what should be done few years ago. That's all.

The more important thing is that you've gave a clear signal: watch out (...) - if you want play without rules, we can also play that way.

I'm just going to throw this one out there - What if we sent the SAS into Boston or Dublin to kill off IRA leaders there? Would you Americans be as happy?

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to gwozdziu12)
Post #: 319
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 1:50:14 PM   
Nemo121

Couple of points there sprior:

The IRA has disarmed and it's political arm is now in government in Northern Ireland ( 2nd largest party ). As such it isn't in conflict with the UK anymore.

The Continuity IRA ( a splinter group ) is the portion which is continuing to fight the UK.

We have a good slogan to describe their actions which is expressed pretty commonly in Northern Ireland and reasonably so in the South, "Not in MY name." The idea is that whatever they're doing isn't being done in that person's name. In the elections last week their representatives got trounced too which was nice to see.

I think your point is interesting though...

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 320
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 1:56:56 PM   
sprior

Yes I know all that, but my point is what if in the 70s or 80s we'd done that? Or gone into Greece killing EOKA terrorists in the late 50s/early 60s?

Or for that matter that the Iran/Egypt/Syria decides that the US or UK is harbouring terrorists and sends in a their SF? I'm glad OBL is gone but it's a dangerous precedent to set.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 321
RE: OT - They got Osama - 5/8/2011 2:09:06 PM   
JWE

Shalom. Just checking in.

Tried to give Chuck Norris a bris but he cut the knife instead.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 322
Thread Locked - 5/8/2011 2:10:48 PM   
jwilkerson

Sorry it took us so long to shut this one down ... further actions may be required upon review.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 323
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: OT - They got Osama Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI