Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/20/2012 2:38:16 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richie61

I too like the cloud based servers. I did play BA on the servers but after playing LOTS of people around the world on the cloud based systems and plain old e-mail on CM1/ CM2 and many other games, the servers are ok.
They are great for finding a game, but I wounder what happens in the future when a game is dropped.

I like the flexibility of the cloud-based servers too - they can be easily used in LAN type setups as well.

Rick

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 361
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/20/2012 2:39:45 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: k9mike

Hey Rick, how bout through Slitherine?? Battle Academy works great and its turn based.

I imagine had the timing been just a little bit different, PCO would have used the server system. Though I still would like to have the cloub-based system as an option too.

Rick

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 362
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 8/19/2014 8:30:24 PM   
budd

wishlist
1.Selectable filter for message box info. Ability to filter out enemy info stuff for FOW. I need the info on my forces so i can follow whats going on without checking every unit on playback which is the only reason i use it, but not sure i should get damage info on enemy.

2. more options during reaction turn. ability to adjust movement paths within limits during reaction turn other than withdraw.

3. Since they cant move, ability to deploy guns when they arrive within limits based on area of map your side controls.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 363
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 8/20/2014 3:28:43 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

wishlist
1.Selectable filter for message box info. Ability to filter out enemy info stuff for FOW. I need the info on my forces so i can follow whats going on without checking every unit on playback which is the only reason i use it, but not sure i should get damage info on enemy.

I think this is on the list for the patch.

quote:

2. more options during reaction turn. ability to adjust movement paths within limits during reaction turn other than withdraw.

I don't think we'll see this for the patch. I don't know if this is something we could do in an expansion module. If we are able to do another complete game for the series, then I think we would definitely do something along these lines.

quote:

3. Since they cant move, ability to deploy guns when they arrive within limits based on area of map your side controls.

Again, probably not something we'll see in a patch, but maybe we could do in an expansion module.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Rick

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 364
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 8/20/2014 4:01:56 AM   
budd

thx for the reply. Expansion or new game either way I hope the project gets to move forward. I've said it before this type of game is under represented in the market.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 365
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 8/20/2014 4:15:13 AM   
Mobius

quote:

I don't think that should happen. New units coming on should come on the edge but they shouldn't have knowledge of what's happening on the battlefield. But if guns can be towed and set up the need for placement in a useful position would not be neccessary.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 366
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 8/20/2014 4:29:50 AM   
budd

I only mention it because of some unfortunate placement of guns in a few scenario's i've played. Your right if they can be towed its a moot point.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 367
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 8/20/2014 5:34:02 PM   
sztartur2

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur

It would be much better if the infantry would enter buildings automatically (like CM)instead of mount/enter. Same for trenches/foxholes/vehicles.

One example. Yous squad is in a position that is very close to the house but cannot enter yet. Withinn 10 seconds they could enter automatically to cover.But no it ha s to pass another 40 seconds and during that the quad is mowed down after reaching the entry point and staying put. It is also not possible to enter a house from one direction and exit from another. something very basic in urban warfare!!! this is very painful as it is now...

A bump after 3 years...

Also make it possible fro infantry to exit buildings in any direction. without this there is no possibility of recreating urban combat properly.

< Message edited by sztartur -- 8/20/2014 6:35:37 PM >

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 368
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/7/2014 9:26:13 PM   
Mobius

One additional thing we might tweak is better use of rare ammunition. I don't like using up my rare HEAT or APCR on light tanks. There is an ammo rarity factor used in the ammo selection algorithm but it might be over weighed by the better penetration factor. I think 'good enough' should apply.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 369
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/3/2015 7:30:15 PM   
vobbnobb

A western normandy front version of the game.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 370
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 8/2/2016 8:40:16 PM   
Firebri

Normandy would be cool.

(in reply to vobbnobb)
Post #: 371
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI