Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maybe a tech suport issue?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Maybe a tech suport issue? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maybe a tech suport issue? - 5/18/2011 12:00:12 PM   
turkey

Hi. Has anyone else found that for the last heaven only knows how long, the search facility in the WitP forum has not been working? Is there any plan to fix this?

Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.
George S. Patton
Post #: 1
RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? - 5/18/2011 12:38:51 PM   
herwin

Do a google search with site:www.matrixgames.com/forums/

< Message edited by herwin -- 5/18/2011 12:40:05 PM >

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to turkey)
Post #: 2
RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? - 5/18/2011 8:55:30 PM   
tocaff

The search function has always been, shall we say less than optimal.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? - 5/18/2011 9:15:06 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

The search function has always been, shall we say less than optimal.

It actually used to work quite nicely, but they did a forum software upgrade several years ago, and it has been broken ever since.

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 4
RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? - 5/19/2011 10:33:37 AM   
turkey

That is my experience also rtrapasso. So the search really is broken and it’s not just that i can't make it work!! Maybe the technical wizards at Matrix would be able to dump the old forum datafile into a spread sheet and put it somewhere we can access it, so the answers that are contained therein are not lost to the current generations of WitP players.

Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.
George S. Patton

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? - 5/19/2011 1:15:54 PM   
tocaff

Don't be bashful about asking questions.  We all did and do as there is always something new to learn.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to turkey)
Post #: 6
RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? - 5/19/2011 9:43:56 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: turkey

That is my experience also rtrapasso. So the search really is broken and it’s not just that i can't make it work!! Maybe the technical wizards at Matrix would be able to dump the old forum datafile into a spread sheet and put it somewhere we can access it, so the answers that are contained therein are not lost to the current generations of WitP players.

you can get it to work (sort of) by playing some tricks on it... using "advanced search" and loosening the criteria ("less precise match") will often allow a pretty good search... not as good as the old software, but not terrible either.

(in reply to turkey)
Post #: 7
RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? - 5/19/2011 9:59:26 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: turkey

you can get it to work (sort of) by playing some tricks on it... using "advanced search" and loosening the criteria ("less precise match") will often allow a pretty good search... not as good as the old software, but not terrible either.

As I noted earlier, Google works fine. Use site:www.matrixgames.com to limit the search to www.matrixgames.com.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Maybe a tech suport issue? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI