Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/4/2012 7:11:12 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: koniu

I have 14x30 George factories. 5 will move to production and 9 to R&D K2.

Not a lot of benefit moving to K2 and K5 versions. I do it of course, but I don't expend a lot of effort on it.

You gain 10 mph each upgrade which is fine, but not earth shattering. Then your ranges move around a little bit. Some positive, some negative. Not much though. Armament also moves a bit, K2 loses two little MG's and the K5 gains a couple decent MG's.

Still the 4x20mm cannon is the big deal. It's almost double the allied fighter armament and enough to bring down 4E's.

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 811
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/4/2012 7:36:57 PM   
Erkki

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

quote:

Not a lot of benefit moving to K2 and K5 versions. I do it of course, but I don't expend a lot of effort on it.

You gain 10 mph each upgrade which is fine, but not earth shattering. Then your ranges move around a little bit. Some positive, some negative. Not much though. Armament also moves a bit, K2 loses two little MG's and the K5 gains a couple decent MG's.

Still the 4x20mm cannon is the big deal. It's almost double the allied fighter armament and enough to bring down 4E's.

K2 does have service rating of 2. Well worth R&Ding IMHO.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 812
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/4/2012 9:24:49 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erkki

quote:

quote:

Yep, that too. I know that some players really swear by low SR's. Me? I've never had that much trouble with SR's.

Since I'd have the R&D factories ready, I'd research the K2 & K5. But, truthfully, once I get the K1, I'm all focused on getting the A7M Sam. The KB is just looking to waste pilots until you get the SAM. If the George was CV capable ...

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 11/4/2012 9:26:39 PM >

Pax

(in reply to Erkki)
Post #: 813
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/5/2012 5:48:10 AM   
koniu

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erkki

quote:

quote:

Yep, that too. I know that some players really swear by low SR's. Me? I've never had that much trouble with SR's.

Since I'd have the R&D factories ready, I'd research the K2 & K5. But, truthfully, once I get the K1, I'm all focused on getting the A7M Sam. The KB is just looking to waste pilots until you get the SAM. If the George was CV capable ...

Yes having George CV capable would be nice. He will eat F6F for breakfast.
I think we should be allowed to have it CV capable( as different line from LBA George) Somewhere in middle `44 i think.
Only reason George is not CV capable is that Japan in that time was not needing CV planes as much as LBA.
In alternative future like my game (Untouched KB in `43) they probably will adopt N1K to CV duty.

Newerless N1K is much better for all A6M versions. And i want to give best planes for my boys asap.
Plan is to have N1K1 in June `43, N1K2 in December `43 and N1K5 in June `44(different engine so no bonus for that).
Also i whant to have Frank A in DEC43/Jan44. and R version in secon half of `44.

SR should not be a problem. It is not for Ki-45 even on overstocked AF without enough support. So they should handle SR 3. And K5 with 22 gun value i what i should have.

I my test scenario few monts ago killing 4E with K5 was like taking candy from kid if we comparing to A6M.

I think it will be hard game to Docup when he will facing hordes of N1K5 and Ki-84r in second half of `44.

I know i am abusing game engine little but i have pay for all with supplies and HI.

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/5/2012 5:52:41 AM >

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 814
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/8/2012 6:14:17 AM   
koniu

25-26 DEC 42

Burma
First time from at lest 10 days enemy planes show up in Burma.
They bomb LCUs near Akyab with no harm to them.

2 Tank Div arrive Rangoon. I have big hopes for that unit. He have 750AV (bug in earlier beta Patch). Docup is know about it but not know where units is. Together with 1 Tank Div i have 1100 AV of Panzer units in Burma plus 10 ID and some smaller combat units. Together ~6000AV

I air i have 320 fighters (70% Ki-44IIa) and 120 Bombers

KB
Rejoined again slowly sailing to Truk. I will upgrade rest of units to A6M5 when arrive there.

Plane production.
I have halt production of all combat models. I have 1 month reserve of A6M5, Ki-44 factories are waiting to upgrade to IIc model in 5 days. Also Ki-43 and Ki-45 poll have enough planes

Navy and Army bomber polls are full with at lest month production in reserve of all plane types.

I also shot down some engine factories to safe HI.

Fuel/Oil
I have moving more fuel with cargo ships right now. That allow me to move some tankers to transport oil to Japan.

Currently i have 1M of oil in Japan and 800k in DEI
Also i have 2,3M of fuel in Japan(200k grove in last 6 weeks)
Palembang production do not keeping up On Sumatra I have only 50k fuel and 70k oil.
And many TK TFs is loading.

On Java i have some fuel for naval operation in south DEI and 100k of oil (need transport that to japan)

Burma is producing fuel strictly to KB need in Pacific. I have there 100k fuel and two big AO TF loading in that moment. I have also 300k of oil waiting to send to Japan

Right now it is looking good. I am able to keep DEI dry with fuel also I am able to move some oil to Japan. Reserves in Japan are bigger every day (fuel, resources) or i manage to keep them from drooping (oil).

I have adjusting shaping paths. Cargo and TKs are using now little longer but safer paths close to coast, trying to stay in shallow waters.
ASW air units are giving cover in almost 90% of path they are sailing. So far i see only few ASW air attack but also i do not see many sub attack. No more than 5 in last two week and most of them attack ASW TF not tankers.

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/8/2012 6:38:57 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 815
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/8/2012 12:06:30 PM   
PaxMondo

Get some more ASW TF's working in conunction with your air ASW along your shipping paths.  You will see even fewer allied subs and you will damage them and send them home very quickly.  I don't kill all that many subs that I know of, BUT I can keep them in transit and repair; neither mode is hurting my transport TF's. 

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 816
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/8/2012 6:14:13 PM   
koniu

27 DEC 42

BB Kongo enter dry dock in Japan. 320 days of repairs

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/8/2012 6:16:18 PM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 817
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/8/2012 6:41:29 PM   
obvert

quote:

27 DEC 42

Yuck! That's not great.

Question: have you guys moved to 1119g or h and is the movement issue figured out? We're about to upgrade I think.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 818
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/8/2012 7:12:04 PM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

27 DEC 42

Yuck! That's not great.

Question: have you guys moved to 1119g or h and is the movement issue figured out? We're about to upgrade I think.

We are now playing 19h and i have not seen strange behavior so far. But we have played only few turns under h version.
According to Michaelm it was not 100 perfect routine check in TF movement and he fix it.

Kongo situation is bad. In total it will be over year until ship will return to service. I take me 2 months to move it from Marshals to Japan and 11 months of repairs.
So Kongo will return in December `43 Not best time to be big fat Japanese BB

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 819
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/9/2012 12:15:42 AM   
Saros

There actually was a carrier capable George designed but I don't think it ever made it to prototypes, the N1K3-A Shiden KAI 2, Model 41. I dont think it would have been available any time before mid '44 at the earliest and the earlier versions would have never worked flying from a carrier. Read up about all the problems they had with landing gear sometime.

That being said it would be really nice to have something to replace the zero if you still have flattops to place them on.

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 820
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/9/2012 3:46:05 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saros

There actually was a carrier capable George designed but I don't think it ever made it to prototypes, the N1K3-A Shiden KAI 2, Model 41. I dont think it would have been available any time before mid '44 at the earliest and the earlier versions would have never worked flying from a carrier. Read up about all the problems they had with landing gear sometime.

That being said it would be really nice to have something to replace the zero if you still have flattops to place them on.

Yep, but as you mention, the landing gear was a problem they could not get around for carrier duty. And George is not a small plane. I looked hard at a CV capable George for my mod, but in the end had to stay with the Sam. There really wasn't a better option coming for them ... a real limitation for the KB once the allies convert to F6F.

Pax

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 821
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/9/2012 8:42:17 AM   
koniu

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saros

Yep, but as you mention, the landing gear was a problem they could not get around for carrier duty. And George is not a small plane. I looked hard at a CV capable George for my mod, but in the end had to stay with the Sam. There really wasn't a better option coming for them ... a real limitation for the KB once the allies convert to F6F.

Yes, i know but in theory, Japan was able to adjust N1K construction to make it CV capable.
Biggest reason they not do that is that they have no need to build new CV capable plane in that time. Lack of CV, trained pilots,etc. From `44 they where focusing on LBA types

But in game reality, in my current situation i should be able to spend resources to design CV capable N1K. It will nicely close that hole from point when F6F and F4U showing up to moment when A7M arrive(2 years of game play).

Without better plane, in few months KB will become one shot weapon. After one, if lucky two CV clash KB will end his existence and what remain from it will become burden to japan.

So because i do not need to have KB until war ends i decide to use it in combat sinking few Allied CV and BB in point of game when allies will notice losing those ships. That is better than having it in `45 against US meat-machine in time consuming tons of fuel)
In Summary i will seek for "decisive battle" asap

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 822
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/12/2012 5:27:04 AM   
koniu

28 DEC 42

Burma
I have return to Mandalay with ground troops. I manage without Docup knowledge repair AF and start expending forts again. Today he detect those troops. I will fight for air above Mandalay with 100 fighters directly in base and 100 more from anther bases flying LCAP.

100 fighters will stay in reserve to rotate them.

Docup send night bombing raids to Rangoon but they score only few AF hits. Nothing big.

Formosa
I lost another Tanker (8000 tons) from TT hits.
Waters around Formosa are most dangerous for my ships. I must move trough those waters and Docup is concentrating his subs in area. I am moving more Surface and Air ASW units to area.

Marshals
KB attack ans sunk YMS near Eniwetok.
KB will return to Truk in three days to refuel. All 260 KB fighters are flying A6M5 now.
I have upgraded last unit in Truk today.

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/12/2012 5:46:26 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 823
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/12/2012 11:25:43 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

Yes, i know but in theory, Japan was able to adjust N1K construction to make it CV capable.
Biggest reason they not do that is that they have no need to build new CV capable plane in that time. Lack of CV, trained pilots,etc. From `44 they where focusing on LBA types

Mmm, not sure I agree completely. They certainly tried to make N1K CV capable. The landing gear problem was insurmountable for them though. It would have been a major re-design of the plane. My conclusion was even with focus, at least a year and more likely 18 months. That means mid '44 to early '45. Basically, same time frame as the Sam. and Sam is better.

quote:

But in game reality, in my current situation i should be able to spend resources to design CV capable N1K. It will nicely close that hole from point when F6F and F4U showing up to moment when A7M arrive(2 years of game play).

As I note above, I agree. In my mod I decided against it because the timing becomes same as Sam. There is no doubt about the need for a Zero replacement. The issue is that back in 1939/40 they sat back on the laurels of the Zero instead of developing a new plane. N1K design starts in late '41 ... they get a prototype in '42 but the engine isn't ready. In '43 they get enough engines to test produce and then discover the landing gear issue for CV duty. Just too late. They had to discover the problem in '42, but couldn't as the Ha-45 was late. Very difficult to contort reality to see how a CV capable N1K is available in '43. As I note above, for my mod, I simply could not get there. Too many obstacles. And my mod is "blue sky" mod for IJ.

quote:

Without better plane, in few months KB will become one shot weapon. After one, if lucky two CV clash KB will end his existence and what remain from it will become burden to japan.

Yep. Most players reach same conclusion.

quote:

So because i do not need to have KB until war ends i decide to use it in combat sinking few Allied CV and BB in point of game when allies will notice losing those ships. That is better than having it in `45 against US meat-machine in time consuming tons of fuel)
In Summary i will seek for "decisive battle" asap

Yep. Just remember both of your stipulations for "burning" the KB. Some few players (PzB comes to mind) have been able to address both issues and so keep a healthy and active KB into '45 and get Sam on board. Yes, KB cannot stand alone against allied Death Star after '44, but with LBA it can and it moves faster than LBA to react to incursions.

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 824
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/12/2012 11:47:48 AM   
koniu

quote:

Yep. Just remember both of your stipulations for "burning" the KB. Some few players (PzB comes to mind) have been able to address both issues and so keep a healthy and active KB into '45 and get Sam on board. Yes, KB cannot stand alone against allied Death Star after '44, but with LBA it can and it moves faster than LBA to react to incursions.

I have never planed to use and lose KB in some pointless CV clash. I planing to use it against enemy invasion fleet or if i will be sure of good chance of sauces in carrier battle. But losing KB must give me something.

Interdiction of invasion fleet will be best for that. Cooperation of surface ships, KB and LBA should give some good results. And all allied invasions in `43 (especially in central Pacific) will suffer from lack of LBA support)

Best result can be achieved before enemy land with troops, and that mean 2 max 3 days from detecting invasion forces. so KB must be 40 hexes from invasion target MAX.
Nothing is making Your day like US Marine Division on bottom of Pacific

Right now i trying to find place where Docup will land. No idea right now, but i will give my $ for south DEI or Salomon's where he can have some king of LBA support. Marshals are difficult. Because even with all his CV and CVE right now he in best can have 1:1 in air, and i am not counting Japanese LBA planes. It will be fun.

For me most critical will be DEI. I will need to fight there to last soldier. In Salomon's or Marshal's retreat is option in DEI not.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 825
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/14/2012 4:46:08 PM   
koniu

31 DEC 42

Truk
Torpedoes from SS Spearfish miss CV Hiryu by few meters. I was lucky today.

Burma
Japanese AF is fighting over Mandalay and Akyab with success.
Tojo's sweep Akyab shotting down 16 Hurricanes Ib for lose of 6 Tojos
It look like British polls are low. Docup is back to fly with Hurricanes Ib

Allies sweep Mandalay. Docups send 50 Hurricane IIc and 50 Lightnings
I shot down 30% of them. Interesting how long Docup will be able to keep those sweeps

In total we achieve almost 1:1 ratio in Burma.

8 pilots lost lives today and 22 is WIA

Air Production
I have start producing Ki-44IIc Tojo

ASW
Air ASW start working. I have today around 10 attack on enemy sub and 4 hit confirmation. So it look good.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/14/2012 4:51:33 PM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 826
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/14/2012 9:18:14 PM   
koniu

Anyone know what is needed for WIA pilot to back to active duty.

I know that they need drop fatigue to 0, but after that i have no idea.
I have pilots returning to units next day after fatigue drop down and many with fatigue 0 waiting from month to return to action.

Also WIA pilots are returning to units they get wounded but what happen when unit is full of pilots or units is no active anymore.

I have 550 WIA pilots and i want them back

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 827
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/15/2012 10:08:21 AM   
obvert

Think of WIA as a nice pool of trained pilots that will eventually come back. Unfortunately I think they also lose exp points when wounded, right? Still, better than KIA or MIA.

I have about 800 MIA and about 700 WIA pilots right now. So a lot out there.

For you losing only 8 pilots KIA after losing 54 planes is pretty good, especially since only the Nick has armor. Envious you get the Tojo IIc so early! I'm still just getting them into groups now in 9/43.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 828
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/15/2012 10:54:08 AM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

Think of WIA as a nice pool of trained pilots that will eventually come back. Unfortunately I think they also lose exp points when wounded, right? Still, better than KIA or MIA.

I have about 800 MIA and about 700 WIA pilots right now. So a lot out there.

For you losing only 8 pilots KIA after losing 54 planes is pretty good, especially since only the Nick has armor. Envious you get the Tojo IIc so early! I'm still just getting them into groups now in 9/43.

Yest WIA pilots are losing XP. I have check few pilots and they losing ~8XP point.
I have one pilots WIA in last battle, for him it was third wound in 2 months. He drop from 70xp to 48xp( but he have air skill 79 and def 77)

I have right now 550 WIA and many of them is in middle 60xp so i hope they back asap to me. I have 500+ MIA but for me they are like death.

Having Tojo IIc is nice in 1/43. It cost me many supplies and HI (engine bonus) but i hoping to have better results with those two CL 12,7 MG. I have read in one of WAR ROOM topick that IIc is doubling kill ration againts 4E comparing to IIa.

And armor should give better chance of survival for my pilots. I will build 200 of them and slowly replace IIa model. I will start from Burma units.

For next 12 months IIc will by major army fighter. I have skip Tony line so before Frank arrive in Dec 43(i hope) i will not have anything better. Navy will give army some George support but for that i need 6 months.

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/15/2012 11:00:12 AM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 829
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/15/2012 1:09:52 PM   
PaxMondo

You can check the pilot replacements/reserve screen to get the date when they return.  They will lose some exp each month they are gone ... highly variable loss.  don't lose skill, or if they do, the skill loss is quite low compared to exp.

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 830
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/15/2012 1:46:12 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

You can check the pilot replacements/reserve screen to get the date when they return.  They will lose some exp each month they are gone ... highly variable loss.  don't lose skill, or if they do, the skill loss is quite low compared to exp.

I thought the biggest loss was when the pilot jumps out of the plane? and then some random number of days before they come back that has an attrition on experince that seems to be at the begining of the month? The Allies seem to use a similar algorithum. Funny thing sbout patterns in a world of randomness .. we sometimes see what we expect

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 831
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/15/2012 4:16:14 PM   
koniu

I just want them back.
I am like goo father, i love them all. I not care how ugly or low experienced they are

PS. I always think they loose XP in turn they gain WIA status not every month.
At lest in tracker i have pilots WIA from more than month and they not loosing xp expect turn 1

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/15/2012 4:23:28 PM >

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 832
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/15/2012 4:23:37 PM   
koniu

1 JAN 43

Quiet. No action on sea. Random bombing missions.

Mandalay bombarded at night, all bombs miss.
Fresh units protecting Mandalay. Two senti taking replacement in Bangkok. They will be reedy in 2-3 days to back to combat. In Burma i have 300 fighters it should be enough to stoop Docup at lest before F4U will show up.

PS. Strange thing, i have not seen P-40s in action from month or more. Or he is using them in rears or building pool to offensive.

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/16/2012 4:49:11 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 833
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/16/2012 7:43:28 AM   
koniu

I have just found out that new `43 infantry units is available for production.
I think i will not upgrade until necessary. New squad have lower load cost(less supplies) but also lower anti-soft.

I will upgrade when unit will need replacements not sooner. `42 poll is empty and production ended so when major combat start i start loosing 42 squads i will be forced to upgrade.

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 834
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/17/2012 8:20:51 AM   
koniu

2-3 Jan 43

Burma
Another quiet day.
I moving troop around. From today Mandalay have radar Ta-Chi Type 7. This is best ground radar japan will have. This should give decent 20-30 minutes warning.
Rangoon, Lashio and other Burma AFs waiting to upgrade. I want to have in all those bases type 4 or 7 radars.

East OZ
Japanese Sub sunk Australian CM

Timor area.
Docup stop reckoning in area. Strange, on his place i want to know what is going on.

Salomons
I am unloading supplies in Guadalcanal. CA TF and 50 fighters is supporting that operation.

Marshals
Normal day. I keeping enemy bases closed

Truk.
Docup is using subs to reckon base. Current DL 4/5.
KB refuel and today i will sail somewhere else to find new anchor. I am looking for good place to anchor KB. Somewhere in middle between Timor, Marshals and Salomon's.

R&D
B6N1 will be available in 3/43. February was option but I will not manage to have engine before march

First Ki-67 factory start researching. I should have that plane in December 43. Good range will make it good long range kamikaze(not cheap but good range)

Ship building
I have stop accelerating CV Unryu and Amagi. They will arrive in June
* Arrival dates are in polish

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/17/2012 8:40:26 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 835
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/17/2012 8:51:31 AM   
PaxMondo

Radar is a BIG help. 

Why did you stop accelerating your CV's?

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 836
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/17/2012 9:31:38 AM   
koniu

quote:

Radar is a BIG help. 

Pax it is my mistake i think.
I will probably start accelerating them again.
I was sure that first Essex will arrive in July. But in July he will have 3 of them already, and i forgot totally about CVE (13 total) so two more CV in KB will be good. Especially with good pilots in air units they have on board

My plan was to keep numeric superiority in air, but i use wrong data. and I forgot that in July He will use F6F so that also is changing balance.

Also April will be critical for KB . Almost all carriers will get radars but it will require to send them to shipyard to almost month.
They are two ways to upgrade them. Spreed upgrade in few month making KB weaker but operational or sent all Carrier to Japan and upgrade them at once. In May i will have KB upgraded.
But that decision i will make in middle of march. I will depend from what will happen.

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/17/2012 9:32:38 AM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 837
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/17/2012 9:50:29 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

quote:

Radar is a BIG help. 

My plan was to keep numeric superiority in air, but i use wrong data. and I forgot that in July He will use F6F so that also is changing balance.

From my experience the Hellcat is a really good plane. Your Zeroes will struggle enormously against them even if you are using the A6M5. I have yet to see the impact in a Carrier battle but on land the difference is very noticeable!

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 838
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/17/2012 10:42:56 AM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

quote:

quote:

Radar is a BIG help. 

From my experience the Hellcat is a really good plane. Your Zeroes will struggle enormously against them even if you are using the A6M5. I have yet to see the impact in a Carrier battle but on land the difference is very noticeable!

Yes, but in CV battle I will not face sweeps only CAP vs Escort duels.
And i think in that situations numbers are more important than planes. Of course F6F is better but in CV battle it will be not so significant like against sweep.

We will see soon.

< Message edited by koniu -- 11/17/2012 10:43:10 AM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 839
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 11/17/2012 11:11:06 AM   
koniu

Destroyers and "E"

IJN currently have 100 Destroyers. 32 of them are with KB, 26 is curenly taking December and January refits(AAA and ASW upgrades). They will back to action in 1-2 weeks. Another 28 is waiting to be send to take upgrades.
In production i have 6 destroyers(accelerated)

IJN currently have 28 "E". Most of them is escorting Tankers. Some are in shipyards currently converting to E class or taking refits.
In production i have 5 Es(accelerated)

By order of Yamamoto all DD and E have to be build ASAP. So they are all accelerated from firs day it is passable.
For most of ships it means they will be in service before original day of production so no extra cost for acceleration.

koniu

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 840
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI