Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Operation Hammer of Thor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Operation Hammer of Thor Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/14/2013 5:49:47 AM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Wow, some wild rolls you got.  81 Vals managed only 8 hits.  Oh well, you got'em.

I know, very low. Usually i see 20-30% hits.
I think weather was major factor there. In both days KB was not able to strike in AM phase. Because of Thunderstorms i think, in both days i have heavy rain over KB in PM phase.

Also i have notice that Anything expect clear air or partial cloud over target is reducing DB accuracy much more that TB accuracy. And i was attacking during rain or overcast. Also in first day heavy CAP did not help
Note that i only score 18 bomb but 25 TT hits in two days

I think game should be named "Weather in the Pacific".

After next turn i will do some kind of battle summary.
Tomorrow KB will sail north i am pulling back all my surface assets. I have enugh full in KB to reach Rabaul maybe Truk(not sure). AO TF is 2 days from Rabaul.

LBA bombers are in mess. It will take time to replace planes as i can reinforce only 12 planes/week after last patch witch fix reinforcements counting bug. No more 30 replacement in one day for single unit.

KB is in good shape. 130 planes need to be replaced but it is spreed between all units o in few days KB can fight again. From 160 pilots lost in battle only 60 was from KB rest from LBA units and from what i see most of KIAs where low XP pilots. In most cases veterans survive

Wish me luck tomorrow. Everything in hands of subs and dice roles.
Maybe we will sunk one or two from those wounded ships.

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/14/2013 5:52:45 AM >

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 1021
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/15/2013 7:59:03 PM   
koniu

26 FEB 43

Quiet. No major air or naval actions.

RO sub sunk CA Chester but i think ship was crippled as he not move at all during night phase. I think all US CV manage to move to Cooktown. I see huge number of ships in port and TFs. I still have chance to sunk few ships so i patrolling holes in reefs. I think enemy damaged BBs are still on sea. SO tomorrow will be last chance to sunk something before they hid in port.

Some subs start to take positions south of Cooktown on deep and shallow watter. Maybe we hit something when they will move south.

Some cargo ships are unloading in MB and Tagula. I am sending destroyers.

KB 1 hex from Rabaul. two days before KB will refuel.

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1022
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/16/2013 6:55:17 AM   
koniu

So MB and Tagula are in Allied hands.

What next?
Tagula is lvl 2 AF. So far i am able to keep it closed but how long.
Australian ID is on island so taking island can be difficult.

MB is Dot base with 200 enemy AV. I can try starve them as they need to be supplied from sea.

I thinking about keeping those two base suppressed but not counter invade. That way i will not risk dangerous invasion so close to enemy and many good allied LCU will be siting defending those small bases.

Last battle buy me time to better prepare in DEI and other places and probably i will not see major naval landings for some time.

Allies have now two fleet CV only so i can assume Pacific will be quiet util he rapair carrier, and replace fighters with F6Fs, and Docup will focus on areas where he can have LBA support (Salomon's and Burma).

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1023
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/17/2013 5:31:10 AM   
koniu

It look like all damaged enemy ships manage to hide in Cooktown.
Bad news, but i think i will not see them for some time. BBs and CVs need to sail toward PH or WC for repairs and spend there weeks if not months is dry dock.
When next time we will have CV battle Japan will have three more new carriers. Taiho will be avaible in 4 days and in 45 days two Unryūs will arrive also.

I sunk small cargo TF near Maoeolap. Nothing big. Another attempt to transport supplies to Marshals.

In North China 1 ID, 1 Regiment and 2 tank battalions are moving to shock trough river against 4 or 5 Chines ID. I am bombing them from days now with good result but i am worry that 800AV against bigger Chines force i to small to try crossing river. And it will be sad to lose that ID as it is one of most XP units in Japanese army. Should i wait and bring bigger forces or fight.

Burma. Enemy Army (45k man, 500 guns, 800 vehicles move out from jungle and is moving toward Mandalay. Japanese Ground troop are ready to fight(75k man, 600 guns, 1600 vehicles). I have 200 Bombers waiting to better weather to attack. I am thinking what attitude will be best. Of course 2k will give biggest accuracy but flak loses are going to be huge. Especially after last patch. I think i will try 11-14k

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/17/2013 7:45:06 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1024
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/17/2013 8:37:24 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

Burma. Enemy Army (45k man, 500 guns, 800 vehicles move out from jungle and is moving toward Mandalay. Japanese Ground troop are ready to fight(75k man, 600 guns, 1600 vehicles). I have 200 Bombers waiting to better weather to attack. I am thinking what attitude will be best. Of course 2k will give biggest accuracy but flak loses are going to be huge. Especially after last patch. I think i will try 11-14k

I know getting great combat results and squad kills is a priority but know that an air attack of any sort will move the unit in question from move mode into combat mode 1/2 the movement value. Thus despiste the bad weather it might be good to slow these units down as I am a big beleiver that Burma leads to victory for the Allies .N=2 .

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1025
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/18/2013 5:22:49 AM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

I know getting great combat results and squad kills is a priority but know that an air attack of any sort will move the unit in question from move mode into combat mode 1/2 the movement value. Thus despiste the bad weather it might be good to slow these units down as I am a big beleiver that Burma leads to victory for the Allies .N=2 .

I am gathering my air force. Tomorrow i will not attack but next day 200 Ki-49 will strike.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 1026
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/18/2013 5:52:01 AM   
koniu

1 March 43

R&D
B6N1 enter production i will build 90 for now and from May when B6N2 arrive 120
H8K2 is now main patrol plane in production
N1K1 George advance, i will produce it from 4/43
N1K2 George is advancing 8 points in day I hope to have it 7/43
Ki-84a Frank is repairing fast. I hope to have first repaired factory in month or two
Ki-84b Frank only few factories repaired.

Burma
Enemy is advancing toward Mandalay(it is not 45 it is 75K of troops). Base will be ready do fight in three days when last ground troops arrive. I am moving ID to Magwe to secure left flank. Depending of battle result i will stay in Mandalay or retreat to jungle

Some troops trying to bay pas my positions south of Akyab. I will reckon what forces they are. If needed i will retreat one hex south to x3 terrain

Air force almost ready in two days I will strike those enemy troops in open ground.

Salomon`s
Two DDs i have send to MB sunk xAK and AVD, later bombers from Rabaul sunk two Clemson class APDs.

KB have refueled and is sailing to Truk. I will stay there day or two to rearm ships and eplace pilots and planes and then i will find new home for KB. Truk is under constant reckon - DL is 9/10

Pacific
I have landed on Makin. I want to use that island as float plane base and to be sure that base in not secretly used by allies.
Docup is doing something on Baker Island i will send small sag to investigate but nothing bigger that CL. Probably he is using that base for float planes operations

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/18/2013 6:08:55 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1027
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/18/2013 11:19:11 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: koniu

1 March 43

R&D
Ki-84a Frank is repairing fast. I hope to have first repaired factory in month or two

Wow! George 2 in July 1943? That will be a huge bonus for your IJNAF!!!

Will you keep researching the B6N2a once the B6N2 arrives? It only gets the HA-6 Radar but this eqipment won't be available untill 11/44...so i don't think it's worth spending resources and engines to research it

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1028
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/18/2013 11:33:20 AM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

quote:

1 March 43

R&D

Will you keep researching the B6N2a once the B6N2 arrives? It only gets the HA-6 Radar but this eqipment won't be available untill 11/44...so i don't think it's worth spending resources and engines to research it

I will not research B6N2a. I do the same thing with Ki-49IIa, after "a"was avaible i move factories to something else and i skip "b" version
When B6N2 will be avaible i will move one or maybe two factories to production and rest will switch to R&D `45 planes.

As for George it is optimistic date. More probably it will be 8/43 But You need to know that this is only passable because of engine bonus.
That why i am building engine poll from months like mad man. I have now 1000 in pool.
Frank is also using that engine and few more planes so i will need many of them.
N1K5 will be also accelerated but no so much as K2 as his SR is 3 and i will need it in second half of `44 to defend HI against B-29.
When K5 arrive i will keep production of K2 because of his SR 2 and ability to operate from small/medium AF

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/18/2013 12:19:40 PM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 1029
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/18/2013 1:01:49 PM   
obvert

quote:

quote:

1 March 43

R&D

I'm staying on the Jill line to push it up a few months. That way I'll have a pool and planes in action when the radar arrives, ready to go immediately.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 1030
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 10:08:07 AM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

quote:

1 March 43

R&D

I'm staying on the Jill line to push it up a few months. That way I'll have a pool and planes in action when the radar arrives, ready to go immediately.

What exactly Jill radar is doing. This is ASW radar or search radar or maybe it help with attack accuracy?

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1031
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 11:59:56 AM   
PaxMondo

NavSearch.  I don't know that it impacts bombing accuracy.

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1032
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 12:59:52 PM   
obvert

As far as I know without having used it, I would imagine it helps with all search activities. So subs (on the surface) and surface ships.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1033
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 1:48:13 PM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

NavSearch. I don't know that it impacts bombing accuracy.

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

As far as I know without having used it, I would imagine it helps with all search activities. So subs (on the surface) and surface ships.

It is very good. Better naval search means better DL. And better DL means more planes flying to attack them and targets are chosen better so more planes is attacking CV, CA, BB and not DD or cargo ships

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1034
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 1:56:54 PM   
koniu

1 March 43 (last turn was 28 FEB)

No air actions today
We have ground battle i china. Japanese troops shock trough river again stronger enemy. Loses are acceptable. Troops need to rest for few days as disruption is high but they are capable to continue offensive.

Ground combat at 89,31 (near Paotow)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 19751 troops, 140 guns, 206 vehicles, Assault Value = 787

Defending force 23215 troops, 162 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 861

Japanese adjusted assault: 522

Allied adjusted defense: 263

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+), disruption(-)

Japanese ground losses:
1476 casualties reported
Squads: 8 destroyed, 192 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 28 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 15 disabled
Vehicles lost 25 (1 destroyed, 24 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
2277 casualties reported
Squads: 8 destroyed, 186 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 24 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled
Guns lost 10 (1 destroyed, 9 disabled)

Assaulting units:
6th Division
9th Tank Regiment
3rd Tank Regiment
2nd Ind.Mixed Brigade
13th Army

Defending units:
42nd Chinese Corps
95th Chinese Corps
17th Chinese Corps
22nd Chinese Corps
83rd Chinese Corps
4th Chinese Cavalry Corps

Pilot training
Bill for of map training is bigger every month. Right now it is 25000 HI

Pilots of map reserve

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/19/2013 1:58:36 PM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1035
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 1:57:06 PM   
GreyJoy

To be honest i dont think the radar version of the jill makes much of a difference.
For me not worth devoting R&D factories for that version.

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1036
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 1:59:37 PM   
GreyJoy

Koniu: u need to dry your training off map pools. 25000 monthly is not acceptable: spend some 4 hours and move all those crappy pilots to map, then to reserve group and then simplydelate them

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 1037
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 2:07:35 PM   
koniu

quote:

Koniu: u need to dry your training off map pools. 25000 monthly is not acceptable: spend some 4 hours and move all those crappy pilots to map, then to reserve group and then simplydelate them

Are You telling about

Replacements ----> air unit ------> reserve

Arent that give me 5000 pilots with very low start xp in reserve. Arent they worth of training some time of map to build some XP. Those ones in 1-3 mount training have xp 4 or less

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/19/2013 2:10:34 PM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 1038
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 2:12:46 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

To be honest i dont think the radar version of the jill makes much of a difference.

I am an AFB and the Allied night fighters with radar do not have a remarkable difference in interception / kill rates in my opinion, but they do observe an affect on accuracy of night attacks. Since they are a part of the OOB I deploy night fighters to interdict as the game allows for night attacks. But I agree with you that if I had to trade production for some other aircraft like the IJ have to .. it would not be worth it ..

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 1039
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 2:14:11 PM   
GreyJoy

I don't care much about starting xp. Once moved to the general reserve, u can completely delate them....it is a long and boring process but u save tons of HI points!

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1040
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 2:16:19 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

I am an AFB and the Allied night fighters with radar do not have a remarkable difference in interception / kill rates in my opinion, but they do observe an affect on accuracy of night attacks. Since they are a part of the OOB I deploy night fighters to interdict as the game allows for night attacks. But I agree with you that if I had to trade production for some other aircraft like the IJ have to .. it would not be worth it ..

I was talking about naval radars for planes, but i do also agree that air radars for IJ fighters don't have any real impact on gameplay

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 1041
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 2:31:57 PM   
koniu

quote:

I don't care much about starting xp. Once moved to the general reserve, u can completely delate them....it is a long and boring process but u save tons of HI points!

What You have in mind in phrase "delete them"
Not rely understand that.
There is option to relise/retire pilots from reserve

When i move them from 12 month offmap trending cycle to air unit and then from units to reserve should i delete them from reserve? If that will not remove pilots from game permanently.

I know that we are paying HI only for pilots in 12 month offmap trending cycle, those in reserve are for free sitting and waiting to be drain to units for map training or if trained already to combat units

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/19/2013 2:35:15 PM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 1042
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 2:35:24 PM   
GreyJoy

There's a function that allows u to permamently delete pilots. It's there because there is only a limited number of ON map pilots available for both sides, so each side should never have more than 25000 pilots on map ( active or in gen reserve).
I tend to keep my numbers well below the 18000 pilots so not to use all those slots available. When i get close to 20000 i simply delete them

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1043
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/19/2013 2:41:07 PM   
koniu

quote:

There's a function that allows u to permamently delete pilots. It's there because there is only a limited number of ON map pilots available for both sides, so each side should never have more than 25000 pilots on map ( active or in gen reserve).
I tend to keep my numbers well below the 18000 pilots so not to use all those slots available. When i get close to 20000 i simply delete them

I am still far from having 25000 active pilots. ( i think beta patch make that 50k limit or more)

I have 5230 pilots in of map training (for them I am paying 25k HI every month , every pilot cost me 5 HI in month))

I have also active pilots (groups and reserve)
~2000 is currently in air group for fighting or training)
~4671 is in reserve (they are after or in middle map training process)

In total empire have now ~12000 pilots (groups, reserve, replacement)

I am playing Scen1, it is hard to have 25k pilots, Scen2 id different story
i dont think i should delete my pilots

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/19/2013 3:01:24 PM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 1044
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/20/2013 11:39:36 AM   
koniu

2 March 43

Burma
Japanese army arrive to Mandalay. Enemy still marching.
I am preparing to close Shwebo AF as son as base fall to allied hands.

140 Tojos sweep air above army marching toward Mandalay. They find nothing. Sadly 200 Ki-49 not fly, weather. I will tray tomorrow.

Truk
KB arrive to Truk. Truk have DL 9/10 but KB will stay there for 2,3 days.
Carriers Akagi, Kaga, Hiyo and cruisers Tone, Atago under heavy DD escort will sail tomorrow to Kobe to take necessary repairs and in April start refits.

Salomon's.

I am suspecting that MB will soon be port/AF lvl 1. As soon that will happen i will sweep base with 200 fighters and close it with bombers. If necessary navy will join party.

All loses after MB battle replaced. Air units are fresh and combat ready

Kobe
BB Haruna finish repairs after 2xTT hit in autumn. Tomorrow CV Taiho will arrive in Kobe.
Both ships under heavy DD and E escort will sail south to join with KB main body.

BB Kongo still 250 days until will back to service

Refits
Almost 100 SC, and other patrol boats start AA upgrades. Some of them will convert to Es, some to ACMs.

R&D

From today another factory is working on N1K2, making his availability in 7/43 official.

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/20/2013 11:41:56 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1045
RE: Operation Hammer of Thor - 1/20/2013 6:14:20 PM   
koniu

3 March 43

Burma

150 Ki-49 bomb enemy troops on open ground north of Shwebo.
Result is depressing no more that 100 enemy soldier killed, 40 non combat squads disabled.
5 Ki-49 lost.

50 P-38 sweep Magwe but AF was left without CAP as all fighters where protecting bombers.
Tomorrow 200 fighters will fly CAP.

I hope Docup will have problems with supplies. I will bomb enemy bases in Burma to burn some

Java
Soerobaja DL is 9/10 dose allies start to get long range reckon planes?

Japan
CV Taiho arrive. Air group have good pilots. Almost half of them is 80+ XP. Nice.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/20/2013 6:15:23 PM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1046
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/21/2013 6:52:30 AM   
koniu

I will give some maps when i will return home

Burma
It look like Docup is moving against Mandalay with 2 Inf Div (Australia and Indian), 1 Inf Regiment(British), Tank Regiment(British) some AA and ENG units. Map showing 65k man 900 guns and 1300 vehicles.

Mandalay have now currently 2 ID, 2 Inf Regiment, and Tank Div(850AV size) (75k man, 700 guns, 1800 vehicles)Two more ID are in start mode ready to rail to Mandalay as soon i will enemy trying to cross river(i don`t want to show all my forces before he start crossing). I should have ~3000AV in Mandalay against 1500-2000AV marching against me. And i we count forts that give me 5000+ adjusted AV so i should have 1:2 1:3 during crossing
Probably it will all depend from situation in air.

Mandalay is fort 4 and is building fast(330 eng, 25 eng vehicles) so in 10 days it should be 5.

Supplies are ok.

I see 250 enemy fighters in area.
I am sending 42 more Tojos IIc to Burma. That will give me 450 fighters(350 Tojos, 72A6M5, 30 Ki-45) with top pilots (XP60-80). I should be able to hold or at lest drain some blood from allies. I think he have ~50-100 P-38 and ~40-50 F4U in Burma.

Polls are full of planes - 200 Tojos and 100 A6M5.

I am sending one more ID to Burma. But that will take 10 days.

DEI(Sumatra, Java)
Not expecting major operation in are for next month or two at lest.
Allies have in area only British CV(33 planes) and few CVE. Probably they are not able to get more that 120-150 planes on decks.
Mini KB 2xCVL and 4xCVE is anchored in Singer in case enemy fleet show up.
on 15 March two LBA navy bomber unit need to be withdrawal so i need to find replacement for them.
Palembang area i reedy to defend against Bombers form Cocos 60 Ki-45 already on place. when cocos go to AF 5, Zeros will join them and in April i will upgrade them to George

Soon i will start operation with main goal to close Cocos AF. MKB already ready. I am waiting for Battlewagons.

South DEI
Probably next place where Docup will try something. Proximity of Oz, and LBA support are good place to allied offensive.
Net of AF is ready. I am mostly focusing to garrison all bases and build forts.

Salomon`s
Hottest area of war. We both have big number of units in area. I hope i will be able to hold Salomon's as long as passable.
I will not give You datails about that area. I will post daily rapports from here.

C. Pacific
Major bases are garrisoned and fortified. Nothing more to do there. Currently allies have only two CV and many CVE. They can tray fast invasions here but i think they will wait for Essex`s and F6F arrival. All bases in my hand between Marshal's, Gilbert`s and Truk able to build AF to lvl 5 are garrison behind fort 6 or more. Only Makin and Nauru not. They waiting for eng and garrison units.
There will be no free landings for allies.

Second line of defense - Marians, Peleliu ,Philippines, etc

Most of Pacific island i will defend is fortified or finish building forts to lvl 6. In two three months i will have most of islands with fort 6 or bigger. I am building also some AF to lvl 2-4. Later this year i will have to find LCUs, aHQ etc to garrison those islands.

Philippines will start build i few days. First ENG units already on ships sailing toward targets to build them.

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/21/2013 7:00:22 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1047
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/22/2013 6:30:19 PM   
koniu

4 MARCH 43

Burma
Situation is not looking good. Mistake i made on early game to not moving to Burma asap but waiting was mistake and now i am paying for that.
It look i will have to retreat from hex south of Akyab. Docup is flanking my position. And i dot want to be surrounded.
Also Rammre Island start to be risky as i just found out that it is connected by "river" with main land. I was sure that was hex side without ability to move. I must check my ayes for color blindness (red and purple look similar)

Sumatra
Docup is reckoning Soerobaja with LB-30 Liberators. At lest there have been seen today.

Salomons
Quiet day. I need to transport supplies to Guadalcanal. They are on reserve.

PM out of supplies. If i not find how to transport supplies there i will have to retreat my troops to Buna

Hawaii.
Strange looking TF sunk sub near PH
For me it is looking like part of CV TF. I am am sure if they there are moving toward Jonston are back to PH or maybe north toward Midway.
Docup have CV and few CVE in Pearl Harbor. If there are moved from port there must be reason for that. I have to think about that.

Submarine attack near Niihau at 171,109

Japanese Ships
SS I-2, hits 22, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Wichita
CLAA San Diego
CLAA Juneau
DD Cony
DD Conway
DD Woodworth
DD Farenholt
DD Strong
DD Jenkins

It is definitely not SAG or bombardment TF.

China
Small battle in north China. One or two days and will win that battle

Ground combat at 89,31 (near Paotow)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 18403 troops, 140 guns, 206 vehicles, Assault Value = 648

Defending force 21506 troops, 161 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 649

Japanese adjusted assault: 393

Allied adjusted defense: 281

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
478 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 91 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 15 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 19 disabled
Guns lost 9 (1 destroyed, 8 disabled)
Vehicles lost 35 (3 destroyed, 32 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
884 casualties reported
Squads: 9 destroyed, 168 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 35 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled

Assaulting units:
9th Tank Regiment
6th Division
3rd Tank Regiment
2nd Ind.Mixed Brigade
13th Army

Defending units:
42nd Chinese Corps
22nd Chinese Corps
17th Chinese Corps
83rd Chinese Corps
95th Chinese Corps
4th Chinese Cavalry Corps

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/23/2013 5:35:21 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1048
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/24/2013 5:59:36 AM   
koniu

5 March 43

Burma
Docup is bombing troops south of Akyab. No effect to them. I am moving south to awoid being sourounded.

Docup have problems with his sweeps. His group are coming to target splited in half. Not sure is this is patch related or bad dice rolls

Singer
I just notice that one of CVLs in port is refitting from 5 days, by accident.
10 days out of action.

Salomons.
I am resupplying Guadalcanal canal and other small bases in area.

I am sending more DD to Rabaul. I will create fast Transport TF and will sail 600 tons of sullies to PM.

KB
Leave Truk last turn. (5xCV, 1xCVL) 370 planes only
Currently with small CA SAG south of Penope. No BBs to safe fuel. Tomorrow will move toward Kusale Is.

KB is taking part in Resupply/Troop transport operation in Pacific.

For next few days KB will protect convoys unloading supplies in Roi-Namur, Kwailen, Mili, Jaulit and Makin and few more places. Later will move south to protect evacuation of aHQ and few eng units from Tabiteuea. HQ will be moved to Tarawa and ENG units to Makin. I want to move HQ from 4E range and start build forts in Makin.

CV Taiho, BB Haruna and new shining CL 5 days from Truk

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/24/2013 6:33:04 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1049
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/25/2013 5:36:59 AM   
koniu

6 March 43

Burma
I have sweep enemy LCAP flying above my troops. 4 P-40K shot down for one Ki-44. Pilots WIA.

Enemy still not enter Shwebo. He will soon. I am preparing my Bombers to tray to close AF as soon as he will capture base.

On left flank Japanese army is slowly moving south to avoid being surrounded. One division is moving fast south. I moving it to Rammre Island to secure it.

Java
Yamato and his older brothers sailing toward Burma.

China
I attack again enemy troops in north china. Finally i start killing Chinese squads (75 today) i need to push enemy from hex and rest. Japanese AV drop from 800 to 450.

Marshals
KB detected. I will hide it tomorrow. At lest my ships are safe. Tomorrow fist ships start unloading supplies.

Salomons
Big Force is sailing Toward MB (3 TFs, one is for sure SAG). I have BB TF 15 hex from MB. 1 hex out of range. Thy will take position and i will strike in 36h hopping for night battle.

Tomorrow i set 100 fighters to sweep MB. They going to be fallowed by 100 torpedo bombers. All serch planes concentrating on MB hex do maximize DL.

Supplies are unloading in Guadalcanal. Single xAK will unload as many supplies as passable. I dont think ship will survive next day.

R&D
N1K1 advance to 5/43
N1K2 advance to 10/44

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/25/2013 5:47:38 AM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 1050
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Operation Hammer of Thor Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI