Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWaW V4.6 NEWS FLASH AT TANKHEAD'S SITE!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW V4.6 NEWS FLASH AT TANKHEAD'S SITE!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWaW V4.6 NEWS FLASH AT TANKHEAD'S SITE!! - 1/7/2001 7:33:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hello Everyone! Posted a news flash SPWaW V4.6 on my index page. Look for SPWaW NEWS FLASH in red. See what bugs as been fix. I will keep you up to date with the news. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead__1.tripod.com

Tankhead

Post #: 1
- 1/7/2001 8:18:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

I noticed no mention of a fix to the memory allocation for VCR replay problem.

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 2
- 1/7/2001 8:53:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi Jim! We will look into this!! Thanks Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by JW: I noticed no mention of a fix to the memory allocation for VCR replay problem.
------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead__1.tripod.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 3
- 1/7/2001 9:04:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I believe the same problem was causing number 1 - fixing it fixed both. I have not been able to get the VCR error to occur...

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 4
- 1/7/2001 9:14:00 AM   
Kharan

The VCR error message will probably go away when Tom changes the buffer to 10MB or less... it's just caused by lack of free RAM, free virtual memory doesn't help for some reason. Nice to see weapon breakdowns are tweaked, as well as infantry assaults. Now, about that CBF, Paul... [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited January 06, 2001).]

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 5
- 1/7/2001 9:54:00 AM   
Harry

Can the V4.6 fixes posted here....can't access this damn tripod site. (Underscore Problem)

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 6
- 1/7/2001 10:21:00 AM   
troopie

Will the problem of crashing to desktop during play or map design be addressed? troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 7
- 1/7/2001 11:11:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi Troopie! I never had this problem but I am trying to duplicate this problem with no luck. Stable as a rock Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by troopie: Will the problem of crashing to desktop during play or map design be addressed? troopie
------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead__1.tripod.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 8
- 1/7/2001 2:03:00 PM   
David Heath

I must say I tried over six machines and I not finding the problem either. Tom our programmer can not get it to happen either. We will keep looking.

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 9
- 1/7/2001 8:56:00 PM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: I must say I tried over six machines and I not finding the problem either. Tom our programmer can not get it to happen either. We will keep looking.
I saw the allocation error message only while playing one of the campaigns, didnt see how it affected anything though

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 10
- 1/7/2001 9:09:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: I must say I tried over six machines and I not finding the problem either. Tom our programmer can not get it to happen either. We will keep looking.
David, From my experience this VCR Problem happens when you've been running SPWaW for quite some time. Designing a new scenario with a big map then testing it can trigger the problem...At least it worked around here. Good hunting! FAP ------------------ Fabio Prado [email]fprado@fprado.com[/email] Webmaster - The ARMOR Site!

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 11
- 1/7/2001 9:14:00 PM   
Kharan

I think David was talking about the crashing problem, not the VCR error message.

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 12
- 1/7/2001 9:18:00 PM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by Harry: Can the V4.6 fixes posted here....can't access this damn tripod site. (Underscore Problem)
1. Fixed bug where game would crash in multiplayer at beginning of player #4's turn. 2. Fixed some bugs in the infantry close assault routine that were making the success chance higher than it is supposed to be. 3. Units of the classes "motorized engineer" and "armored engineer" now do all the special stuff that the "engineer" class does. 4. Added to the list of unit classes which lose primary weapon shots after moving (which were MG, mortar, heavy mortar, and heavy MG) are AT Gun, Flak, howitzer, artillery, and inf gun. 5. Surrendering now forfeits the end-of-battle victory hex points and doesn't count remaining turns for the turn-by-turn hexes. 6. Player control numbers over the units have a "P" in front of them (3 or more players only) to avoid confusion with the # of men numbers. 7. Removed turn display from special forces reinforcement info in deployment so they can't be reassigned once you notice they weren't coming. 8. Reduced vehicle breakdown chances by one-third and weapon breakdown by half. Also increased chance of repair for both (weapon more so than vehicle). 9. Added a toggle for the "asterisk" display, the hotkey is the asterisk key. (This only affects your own display, not that of your opponents). 10. Fixed smoke ammo in online play being too low. Hopefully the asterisk will be off by default.

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 13
- 1/8/2001 12:34:00 AM   
johnfmonahan

See Tech sipport for gamers by gamers for several threads on crashes. Pleas elet me know what I can do to help. ------------------ When in doubt, go on line.

When in doubt, go on line.

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 14
- 1/8/2001 2:19:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

Thanks for the response re my memory allocation question and thanks for the continuing improvements of this great game.

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 15
- 1/8/2001 4:17:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Good job, Tankhead!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 16
- 1/9/2001 5:15:00 AM   
Blackbird

quote:

Originally posted by troopie: Will the problem of crashing to desktop during play or map design be addressed?
I have seen crash just once with 4.5. In hotseat when friend clicked on save while deploying. Could it be that we had too much units?

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW V4.6 NEWS FLASH AT TANKHEAD'S SITE!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI