Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  105 106 [107] 108 109   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/19/2019 3:20:59 PM   
warspite1

Handmaid's Tale is starting to come to boil nicely (though I really don't understand how Commander Waterford could have not realised he's driving so close to the Canadian border).....

We need to see more of Nina Kiri too....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/19/2019 3:34:05 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 3181
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/19/2019 3:27:29 PM   
RangerJoe

The US Canadian Border is not well marked in some places. Which was useful during US Prohibition when Americans wanted Canadian whiskey.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3182
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/19/2019 3:37:53 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Handmaid's Tale is starting to come to boil nicely (though I really don't understand how Commander Waterford could have not realised he's driving so close to the Canadian border).....

We need to see more of Nina Kiri too....

I'll see your Nina and raise you a Margaret. She's my new favorite psycho.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3183
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/20/2019 8:23:45 PM   
warspite1

I watched Gran Torino again tonight. Great film.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3184
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/21/2019 8:05:12 PM   
aleavz

Behind the Curve on Netflix, highly recommend it.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3185
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/21/2019 8:38:07 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Embarrassed to say that I've not seen it yet. But I mean to.

Anybody seen "Mule"? It's Eastwood's latest film, released 2018.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3186
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/22/2019 6:01:09 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Embarrassed to say that I've not seen it yet. But I mean to.

Anybody seen "Mule"? It's Eastwood's latest film, released 2018.
warspite1

Not seen Mule.

I said Gran Torino was great. That might be a bit of an exaggeration. It could have been better - some of the acting on the Hmong side wasn't great, and some of the characters were a little black and white in their presentation. BUT, Eastwood is always watchable, and the friendship his grizzled, troubled, Korean war vet character strikes up with two Hmong is touching. And let's face it, there is always something particularly feel good about good guys getting one over on the bad guys.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3187
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/22/2019 6:05:53 AM   
warspite1

Overlord

A sterling effort in which the film makers do honour to those that fought and died on D-Day in a realistic and respectful way............

er, this film is none of the above

But its not meant to be. So if you want a couple of hours of zombie madness that just happens to be set against a politically correct, D-Day background, where you don't have to think too much or too deeply about what you are watching then this is a perfectly watchable film .

What could be worse than an officer of the SS? Well an officer of the SS that turns himself into a zombie of course!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/22/2019 6:10:05 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3188
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/22/2019 5:15:51 PM   
warspite1

That puts me in the mood for.....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3189
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/22/2019 8:47:51 PM   
Zorch

quote:

That puts me in the mood for.....

Any word on the sequel, Sense and Sensibility and Vampires? Oh wait, that was Twilight.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3190
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/22/2019 9:50:19 PM   
RangerJoe

I would not be ungentlemanly and kick her off my bed if I saw her there . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3191
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/23/2019 2:54:54 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch
Any word on the sequel, Sense and Sensibility and Vampires? Oh wait, that was Twilight.

Perhaps you're confusing that with this title?:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3192
Danger Close - 8/23/2019 3:03:01 PM   
Boonierat1972

Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan - Official Trailer

I really wanna see this movie but it's not out in France yet, anyone in Australia seen it ?

< Message edited by Boonierat1972 -- 8/23/2019 3:14:33 PM >

Stéphane Moutin-Luyat
Vietnam Combat Operations

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3193
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/30/2019 8:52:12 PM   
warspite1

The Affair - Season 5 (and the final season)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/30/2019 8:53:27 PM >

(in reply to Boonierat1972)
Post #: 3194
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/30/2019 8:55:30 PM   
warspite1

Test - the thread is coming up with the wrong heading

Edit: That's better

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/30/2019 8:56:10 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3195
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/30/2019 10:42:30 PM   
Chickenboy

Finished watching The Madness of King George. Well acted and cast period drama about the pivotal years of 1788-1790 in King George III's mental health and maintenance of / reclamation of the throne in light of regency laws. Helen Mirin did serviceable work as Queen Charlotte.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3196
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/31/2019 7:30:25 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Just completed the first season of the French-Belgian television thriller Black Spot, and will continue with season two at once.

I like the setting, and atmosphere, of the show. The show centres around the understaffed police in a small city that has an unusually high rate of murders. The city is close to the mountains and further isolated by a huge, dark, forest where there are no cellular phone connection. And mysterious things seems to happen in the forest. Each episode handles one separate murder, and the season handles the disappearance of a teenage girl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Spot_(TV_series)

Sadly, the quality of season two decline rapidly.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3197
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/31/2019 7:31:02 AM   
Orm

quote:

So what heading was the thread going in?

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3198
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/31/2019 7:33:22 AM   
Orm

Re-watched Blackadder Goes Forth, and some of the episodes might be the best comedy ever made. In my humble opinion that is. Folled it up with the first season of Red Dwarf.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3199
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/31/2019 9:54:57 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

So what heading was the thread going in?
warspite1

Initially it was found to be on a south eastern tack, but then veered suddenly in a north-northwest direction. It's now firmly back on course I'm relieved to say.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3200
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/31/2019 2:07:47 PM   
Mobius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKxmlpbwqk&t=87s

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3201
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/1/2019 8:39:25 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boonierat1972

Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan - Official Trailer

I really wanna see this movie but it's not out in France yet, anyone in Australia seen it ?

Looks promising.

< Message edited by Orm -- 9/1/2019 8:45:50 AM >

(in reply to Boonierat1972)
Post #: 3202
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/1/2019 8:47:13 AM   
Orm

Continuing the nostalgia theme with a few episodes of Chuck.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3203
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/1/2019 11:58:06 AM   
RFalvo69

I just finished the first season of “The Boys”. Dude When a show starts with the consequences of running too fast (with an obvious reference to “The Flash”) and goes on with another character having to deal with sticks of explosives placed up his a**, you know that the experience will be hard core. I loved the concept of superheroes being presented half as celebrities, half as “rentable products” - complete with the Steve Jobs/Marvel Panel-like presentations of “new ones!” Then, of course, you see behind the façade and how things in real live are far different

Great acting all around, with Carl Urban firing all cylinders (finally a production which allows him to do so) and Antony Starr just perfect as Homelander - the very incarnation of a benevolent god who hides a seriously dark side. Now give us Season 2!

< Message edited by RFalvo69 -- 9/1/2019 11:59:27 AM >

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3204
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/1/2019 1:11:10 PM   
Chickenboy

Just finished First Man with Ryan Gosling. He played Neil Armstrong very well in this biopic. Good supporting cast and seamless integration of actual preserved Gemini/Apollo artifacts with CGI. The moon shots were outstanding as well. All in all very nicely done.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 3205
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/2/2019 3:29:55 PM   
Orm

MEDIEVAL MYTH BUSTING - Arrows vs Armour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxdTkddHaE

Interesting test. Although it would have been even more interesting if the target had been moving towards the archer.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3206
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/2/2019 6:00:13 PM   
warspite1

I watched the last episodes of Poldark (series 5) and The Handmaids Tale (series 3).

I have to say that Poldark's last series could have been a lot better, but at the end of the day, I thoroughly enjoyed the 5 seasons. The Cornish landscape was a star in its own right and, having watched the original series with mum and dad warspite, it was like the return of an old friend. Hopefully there will be some spin offs in the future.

The Handmade's Tale ended pretty strongly - although someone really needs to make the action more believable. Allowing the Martha to leave the house, really? And why didn't the guard being pelted with rocks call for back up? A bit silly but.....

Despite being sometimes ponderous and lacking in action, I would still recommend the series and look forward to season 4.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3207
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/2/2019 7:48:20 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

The Cornish landscape

Was that like Nebraska about this time of year?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3208
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/2/2019 8:32:51 PM   
Zorch

quote:

I watched the last episodes of Poldark (series 5) and The Handmaids Tale (series 3).

I have to say that Poldark's last series could have been a lot better, but at the end of the day, I thoroughly enjoyed the 5 seasons. The Cornish landscape was a star in its own right and, having watched the original series with mum and dad warspite, it was like the return of an old friend. Hopefully there will be some spin offs in the future.

The Handmade's Tale ended pretty strongly - although someone really needs to make the action more believable. Allowing the Martha to leave the house, really? And why didn't the guard being pelted with rocks call for back up? A bit silly but.....

Despite being sometimes ponderous and lacking in action, I would still recommend the series and look forward to season 4.

Whatever happened to Robin Ellis? Apart from 1 episode of Fawlty Towers I don't remember him elsewhere.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3209
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/3/2019 5:33:32 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

The Cornish landscape

Was that like Nebraska about this time of year?

warspite1

I've never been to Nebraska but if Nebraska is full of sandy beaches, craggy rocks and high cliffs and stunning sea views, plus the remains of the odd tin mine then yes - exactly like Nebraska .

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3210
Page:   <<   < prev  105 106 [107] 108 109   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  105 106 [107] 108 109   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI