Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  107 108 [109] 110 111   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/30/2019 11:23:25 AM   
Rising-Sun

Just got through watching "Curse of the Oak Island", first season on Netflix and gotta say it was interesting documentary. Was curious if they ever made anymore, unfort Netflix wouldn't show any or even in DvDs. So that was upsetting.

Checked on Vudu, they wanted way too much money to watch it, there are some clips on youtube. Anyway gf and I decided to go buy the dvd collection from amazon, isn't that expensive. At first they were low in funding the expeditions, started to get more interesting on that last part of season one. At the last part of season one, it got really interesting.

So it look like many manage to add more funds to the program and keep pushing on. If you guys like true event documentary, this show might suit you. All this is about lost treasures that left behind by many theories for more than 220 years that was buried there.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3241
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/30/2019 2:59:45 PM   
Red2112

Anybody watching/following "Bates Motel" on Netflix? It´s like watching Twin Peaks, always something new in each episode.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 3242
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/30/2019 3:07:29 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1
collapses under its own weight when the ship sinks.

I thought this was a good descriptor of the story continuity in general too.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3243
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/30/2019 3:08:53 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Forgot to mention that I watched True Lies as well.

Two great scenes from that movie: Jamie Lee Curtis' exotic dance and taking out a whole floor with the minigun from an AV-8B.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3244
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/1/2019 3:20:26 AM   
warspite1

quote:

warspite1

I always enjoyed that film - haven't seen it in a while - I wonder does it stand the test of time?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3245
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/1/2019 6:52:41 AM   
roza17

Any one can explain C++

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3246
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/1/2019 10:37:36 AM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grubwurm

The complete - Apocalypse The Second World War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_LwdbFDuH0&list=PLQv7ILzUxt5Y-G-r0zg2hVcuwg7jgHkKk

Nice find! I’ll too follow it.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to Grubwurm)
Post #: 3247
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/1/2019 10:40:05 AM   
RFalvo69

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I always enjoyed that film - haven't seen it in a while - I wonder does it stand the test of time?

Absolutely, mainly because James Cameron used real stunts, models and in-camera effects. It looks like it was made three years ago.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3248
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/1/2019 2:49:24 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Oh! I almost forgot the kiss in front of the thermonuclear mushroom cloud near the end of the movie! Love it!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3249
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/1/2019 8:24:45 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: roza17

Any one can explain C++
warspite1

I am not sure that is entirely correct young roza17. For example, I personally can't explain C++.

But thanks for providing us with your view of the, always interesting, C++ conundrum.

(in reply to roza17)
Post #: 3250
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/1/2019 9:50:07 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

Any one can explain C++
warspite1

I am not sure that is entirely correct young roza17. For example, I personally can't explain C++.

But thanks for providing us with your view of the, always interesting, C++ conundrum.

C++ is much more complete than C--.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3251
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/1/2019 10:02:17 PM   
Zovs

quote:

Any one can explain C++

Yes spammer, spam, spams, & spam++

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to roza17)
Post #: 3252
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/2/2019 12:19:56 PM   
jhyden

quote:

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

Roman History:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4NtQOTsXIU&itct=CBIQpDAYAiITCLWlgL2C0NoCFVTQwQodbmoC1zIGcmVsbWZ1SM6mnIW06rSmtgE%3D&app=desktop

also the BBC production of I Claudius:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsmwDrA3BHM&list=PLjT3Z589ba7Pdcy5fDKpWMMp1JmbfwaZl&index=7&t=0s

Livia is portrayed by the actress Sian Phillips who was also in the Star Trek episode "Amok Time"

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3i88ge

Best Wishes/All
~

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 3253
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/3/2019 10:30:28 AM   
Grubwurm

It wasn't complete had alot of the parts removed here is a better one of I Clau Clau Clau Claudius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqeOiLtLflI&list=PL1WiTKK5624QtHBi41E0or1jfjd8N5NOS

(in reply to jhyden)
Post #: 3254
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2019 6:25:36 AM   
warspite1

Started watching Catherine the Great with Helen Mirren. Only four parts which is a bit of a shame. One episode in and I'm not too sure what to make of it.

Helen Mirren is of course a commanding presence on screen - although she appears to switch between a German accent (Catherine was a German princess) and English. There is also a good supporting cast - Gina McKee and Rory Kinnear in particular.

I don't know anything about Catherine and so will treat this like I did Versailles and Victoria and just use it as a base from which to read up after each episode to check for accuracy. So long as the story is entertaining I don't mind doing that and at least get some knowledge of historical characters I only otherwise read about at high level as part of something else. These monarchs are too important to be ignored.

And looking at it from the cerebral, intelligensia angle, I can confirm that there does appear to be sufficient portrayal of 18th Century Russian BBBEEEWWWBBBBSSS!!!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 10/6/2019 6:27:45 AM >

(in reply to Grubwurm)
Post #: 3255
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/8/2019 9:09:35 PM   
AbwehrX

So much for the myth of the "good" war-

War Crimes of the Liberators
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL2fze2ny8o

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3256
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/9/2019 5:46:45 PM   
warspite1

The Capture - available on BBC iplayer

Hummed and ahhhed about whether I could be bothered to watch this but finally took the plunge last night....

....6 hours later I'd watched the whole series in one sitting! Whoops.

Somewhat far fetched but no less gripping for that - and certainly makes one think. Each episode left me with that "just one more" feeling and I had to give in despite work the next day.

And as if the story wasn't excellent enough, there was also the luuuvvveerrlllyy Holliday Grainger in a starring role.

Attachment (2)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 10/9/2019 5:47:43 PM >

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 3257
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/13/2019 2:04:38 PM   
warspite1

I've been catching up on some old Morse, Marple and Foyle's War episodes. It's great to see some of the 'before they were famous' actors and actresses that pop up from time to time. Alexandra Moen and Emily Blunt to name but two....

Attachment (2)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3258
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/14/2019 1:55:18 AM   
Chickenboy

Just watched History of the World-Part I with the family.

We've made it a point to corrupt their youth as ours was so corrupted with Monty Python, Mel Brooks and Looney Tunes galore. Half the fun of having kids is exposing them to some movies that were very meaningful to you when you were younger.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3259
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/14/2019 3:25:03 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

We've made it a point to corrupt their youth as ours was so corrupted with Monty Python, Mel Brooks and Looney Tunes galore. Half the fun of having kids is exposing them to some movies that were very meaningful to you when you were younger.

+100

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3260
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/14/2019 5:58:37 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

....anyways....

Tonight the BBC are showing the first episode of a series set in WWII - although I think they made a mistake as they seems to believe it began in September 1939 and not December 1941....

No idea if this is going to be any good but there are two reasons for giving it a go:

a) it's set in WWII
b) it stars SHAAUUNNN BBEEAAANNNN!!!!!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10012588/world-on-fire-bbc-drama-trailer-cast/

Fingers crossed it doesn't do a Titanic and totally stink the place out (in my personal opinion).

Eee-bye-gum, I wonder if I'll be beheaded again?

warspite1

Mmmmm.... one episode in and its erm... okay. There are a few 'obvious' things that grate - but sadly these are all too predictable and so I find I just have to ignore them. Overall though I think this is worth sticking with - and in Bean and Manville there are two great actor/actress on show. Perhaps the most shocking thing about the episode was Helen Hunt's face. Why oh why do they do that to themselves - grow old gracefully woman!!

warspite1

Episode 3.

Mmmm the characters in this series are interesting and the Harry/Kasia/Lois story is entertaining so its worth sticking with but the attention to detail is pretty shocking.

So Lois' brother joins the navy sometime (a few weeks) after Poland is invaded - and after a double quick basic training, is then apparently teleported to the South Atlantic so he can join HMS Exeter....

The scriptwriters are either youngsters or are simply writing for the social media generation. The radio broadcasts that Graf Spee is being hunted off Argentina (the British didn't even know the identity of Graf Spee at that time) and mentions HMS Exeter as looking for her! Immediately after the battle, with the cruiser on fire from stem to stern, the whole of Britain (except Sean Bean) knows she's been 'hit'.

Next there'll be podcasts from the Western Front.....

And of course investigating broadcaster Helen Hunt seems to have all the info on the T4 program, names, places and even gets to speak to the guy in charge.....

Come on guys - there's some good material here but please stop treating the audience like imbeciles.....

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 10/14/2019 6:08:03 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3261
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/14/2019 11:46:19 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

....anyways....

Tonight the BBC are showing the first episode of a series set in WWII - although I think they made a mistake as they seems to believe it began in September 1939 and not December 1941....

No idea if this is going to be any good but there are two reasons for giving it a go:

a) it's set in WWII

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10012588/world-on-fire-bbc-drama-trailer-cast/

Fingers crossed it doesn't do a Titanic and totally stink the place out (in my personal opinion).

warspite1

Mmmmm.... one episode in and its erm... okay. There are a few 'obvious' things that grate - but sadly these are all too predictable and so I find I just have to ignore them. Overall though I think this is worth sticking with - and in Bean and Manville there are two great actor/actress on show. Perhaps the most shocking thing about the episode was Helen Hunt's face. Why oh why do they do that to themselves - grow old gracefully woman!!

warspite1

Episode 3.

Mmmm the characters in this series are interesting and the Harry/Kasia/Lois story is entertaining so its worth sticking with but the attention to detail is pretty shocking.

So Lois' brother joins the navy sometime (a few weeks) after Poland is invaded - and after a double quick basic training, is then apparently teleported to the South Atlantic so he can join HMS Exeter....

The scriptwriters are either youngsters or are simply writing for the social media generation. The radio broadcasts that Graf Spee is being hunted off Argentina (the British didn't even know the identity of Graf Spee at that time) and mentions HMS Exeter as looking for her! Immediately after the battle, with the cruiser on fire from stem to stern, the whole of Britain (except Sean Bean) knows she's been 'hit'.

And of course investigating broadcaster Helen Hunt seems to have all the info on the T4 program, names, places and even gets to speak to the guy in charge.....

Come on guys - there's some good material here but please stop treating the audience like imbeciles.....

Such plot devices are necessary, I'm told, to keep the interest of young people who have short attention spans and/or multi-task TV with other activities. Certainly not due to bad script writing. Definitely not due to bad script writing. Absolutely, positively not due to bad script writing.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3262
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/14/2019 4:50:07 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

....anyways....

a) it's set in WWII

warspite1

warspite1

Episode 3.

Such plot devices are necessary, I'm told, to keep the interest of young people who have short attention spans and/or multi-task TV with other activities. Certainly not due to bad script writing. Definitely not due to bad script writing. Absolutely, positively not due to bad script writing.
warspite1

Funny old game eh? World War II 101 for the millennial generation.....

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3263
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/15/2019 5:43:26 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Well that's all well and good, but do we get to see Helen Hunt's...umm...'journalistic leads'?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3264
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/15/2019 6:39:12 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

Well that's all well and good, but do we get to see Helen Hunt's...umm...'journalistic leads'?

Modesty forbids showing everything...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3265
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/15/2019 9:11:39 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

....anyways....

a) it's set in WWII

warspite1

warspite1

Episode 3.

warspite1

Funny old game eh? World War II 101 for the millennial generation.....

It sounds more like World War II 99 (or lower!)

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3266
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/15/2019 9:13:58 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Considering the season, show some Meatloaf videos and then the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Especially the part where the redhead learns that she was eating meatloaf . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3267
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/15/2019 10:15:11 PM   
shunwick

quote:

Hummed and ahhhed about whether I could be bothered to watch this but finally took the plunge last night....

Somewhat far fetched but no less gripping for that - and certainly makes one think. Each episode left me with that "just one more" feeling and I had to give in despite work the next day.

And as if the story wasn't excellent enough, there was also the luuuvvveerrlllyy Holliday Grainger in a starring role.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Will be watching that over the next few days.

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3268
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/16/2019 3:19:31 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

quote:

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Will be watching that over the next few days.

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

You're welcome - I hope you enjoy it. I may have another one for you too.

Just watched the first episode of Dublin Murders available on BBC iplayer too.

One episode in and it looks like another gripping series. There's a good cast too - including a very different looking Conleith Hill (Lord Varys (Game of Thrones)) Sarah Greene (Penny Dreadful) and Alexandra Moen (Fortitude). Killian Scott (Strike) who plays the 'English' detective in the main role is very watchable too.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3269
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/17/2019 10:29:38 AM   
shunwick

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

quote:

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

You're welcome - I hope you enjoy it. I may have another one for you too.

Just watched the first episode of Dublin Murders available on BBC iplayer too.

Ok. Just watched the first episode of The Capture.

He did it. Bang to rights. Case closed.

Will watch the second episode later. And Dublin Murders now on my radar. Thanks.

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3270
Page:   <<   < prev  107 108 [109] 110 111   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  107 108 [109] 110 111   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI