Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/24/2012 7:41:08 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Vietnam-The Bloodiest Day - Ep 10 - Season 2 - Dogfights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXcVPztLiOE

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 481
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2012 1:04:06 PM   
SLAAKMAN

No Room For Error - Ep 8 - Season 2 - Dogfights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOPALZIAUBU

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 482
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2012 7:14:28 PM   
fodder

OK, I still have not gotten over the fact that the world did not end last week.

The afternoon movie is "THE DAY THE SKY EXPLODED".

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 483
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2012 10:31:36 PM   
wodin

Just watched the second part to LOTR..it is a fantastic trilogy..my main gripe when I saw it at the Pics was the Elves looked very un elf like except maybe Galadrial. Still other than that everything I imagined when I was 11 looked exactly how the film looked.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 484
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2012 11:30:38 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

Just watched the second part to LOTR..it is a fantastic trilogy..my main gripe when I saw it at the Pics was the Elves looked very un elf like except maybe Galadrial. Still other than that everything I imagined when I was 11 looked exactly how the film looked.

er....whats an elf look like?

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 485
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/27/2012 1:05:18 AM   
fodder

In honor of Gerry Anderson the night movie is "THUNDERBIRD 6" International Rescue Edition.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 486
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/27/2012 6:12:07 PM   
SLAAKMAN

The Moment in Time: The Manhattan Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwpgmEvlRpM

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 487
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/27/2012 7:16:48 PM   
parusski

Watching the last series of That Webb and Mitchell Look.

Also, I got this great gift idea from the show...the ibag:

ibag, that Webb and Mitchell Look

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 488
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/27/2012 7:47:04 PM   
SLAAKMAN

That Mitchell and Webb Look - The Aliens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zLZ6PpeSA

Attachment (1)

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 489
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/27/2012 10:39:58 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

That Mitchell and Webb Look - The Aliens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zLZ6PpeSA

Ok, OK. Good one SLAAKER. Here's another great clip:

Brain surgeon-bastard got what's coming to him!!

< Message edited by parusski -- 12/27/2012 10:40:39 PM >

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 490
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/27/2012 10:50:19 PM   
parusski

I found a video of warspite1. He is such a Nazi:

warspite1 in charge of grammar.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 491
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/28/2012 1:10:18 AM   
SLAAKMAN

Friends with Benefits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3czXVA11FM

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 492
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/3/2013 2:03:46 PM   
warspite1

I have reached the half-way point in the BBC's 26-part The Great War. Excellent series...and so mind numbingly sad too

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 493
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/3/2013 3:38:43 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I have reached the half-way point in the BBC's 26-part The Great War. Excellent series...and so mind numbingly sad too

I agree is it both excellent and heartbreaking.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 494
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/5/2013 8:08:49 PM   
parusski

Just finished Beneath Hill 60(click link for preview)!

Great movie, based on a true story, about a group of 10 Australian miners tunneling under German trenches in The Great War.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 495
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/6/2013 1:20:35 AM   
VPaulus

Just finished watching the three documentaries about "The West Memphis Three":

Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills

Paradise Lost 2: Revelations

Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 496
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/6/2013 1:52:21 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

Just finished watching the three documentaries about "The West Memphis Three":

Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills

Paradise Lost 2: Revelations

Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory

I have been planning to watch those documentaries about "The West Memphis Three". How were they??

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 497
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/6/2013 3:02:39 PM   
VPaulus

The first one is the best. But it's perhaps a little biased, although it's hard not to be biased in these cases.
Interesting to watch how people change their minds (well not all) and how they "grow" in 18 years, specially in the case of Jason Baldwin.

There's another documentary, "The Thin Blue Line", about judiciary errors, which is much better IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNL5A4D0G4g

But I think you should watch them... it's always interesting to look at the human side of the things. And all these documentaries have always a lot to show on that regard.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 498
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/6/2013 3:12:08 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

The first one is the best. But it's perhaps a little biased, although it's hard not to be biased in these cases.
Interesting to watch how people change their minds (well not all) and how they "grow" in 18 years, specially in the case of Jason Baldwin.

There's another documentary, "The Thin Blue Line", about judiciary errors, which is much better IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNL5A4D0G4g

But I think you should watch them... it's always interesting to look at the human side of the things. And all these documentaries have always a lot to show on that regard.

I agree that it is interesting how people change their stories and opinions. My view of the case has changed too, I no longer think Misskelley, Echols and Baldwin are guilty. During the time of the crimes, arrest and trial I lived in Bartlet Tn, a suberb of Memphis. So I was less than 20 miles from West Memphis, and that town and their cops had a bad reputation for both incompetence and corruption.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 499
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/7/2013 5:02:39 AM   
SLAAKMAN

Loose Change Final Cut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj0J_K8dgJg

WTC7 sequential explosions visible;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Trj_5J02k

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 500
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/7/2013 10:41:26 AM   
wodin

Great War by the BBC is superb. Warspite may i suggest you buy Liaison 1914 by Edward Speers who features in that series, and Old Soldiers Never Die as I think Frank Richards is in the series aswell, after reading that read one of the best books to come out of WW1 The War the Infantry knew by Capt Dunn. Graves and Sassoon are mentioned in it as they where both in the Welch Battalion that Capt Dunn was MO for, Frank Richards also being in the same regiment and battalion aswell.

Parusski I wasn't that keen in Beneath Hill 60..thought it a touch amatuer, it was OK though..two great WW1 films\dramas are Birdsong (great book aswell) and Regeneration also another great book. I've yet to watch a fantastic WW1 Hollywood offering yet..Pater Jackson I believe is thinking about doing one once The Hobbit is finished..which should be good as he is a WW1 obsessive. Gallipolli was a damn fine film though.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/7/2013 10:45:43 AM >

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 501
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/7/2013 4:38:57 PM   
fodder

The morning movie is "KING KONG". (1976)

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 502
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/8/2013 5:39:08 PM   
fodder

The afternoon movie is "THE LOST EMPIRE".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 503
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/8/2013 8:18:17 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: fodder

warspite1

Which brings us to the important question:

Jessica Lange?

or

Naomi Watts?

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 504
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/8/2013 8:58:16 PM   
fodder

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Jessica Lange?

or

Naomi Watts?

Naomi Watts, for sure.

Jessica Lange is a space shot!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 505
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/8/2013 9:18:06 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Jessica Lange?

or

Naomi Watts?

Naomi Watts, for sure.

warspite1

No idea what a space shot is - but she looked great in Tootsie

However, I would agree - Naomi Watts looked even better in the latest re-make of King Kong

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 506
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/8/2013 9:55:55 PM   
parusski

quote:

Maybe she was fodder, but Lange is kicking ass in American Horror Story: Asylum, on FX.

The program is awesome and Jessica Lange dominates every scene she is in.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 507
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/9/2013 12:30:55 AM   
wodin

Brick wall and talk too..sometimes.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 508
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/9/2013 12:46:55 AM   
Titanwarrior89

A commerical...

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 509
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/9/2013 4:32:32 AM   
SLAAKMAN

Dazzling!!

Women of Star Trek : Female Shaman of another world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UbY25gD06A

Attachment (1)

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 510
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI