Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/13/2013 2:43:04 PM   
fodder

The morning movie is "DOCTOR DETROIT".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1081
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/13/2013 5:50:56 PM   
fodder

The afternoon movie is "ARSENIC and OLD LACE".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1082
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/13/2013 6:47:10 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: fodder

warspite1

I trust you didn't watch it?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1083
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/14/2013 1:25:09 AM   
fodder

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

I trust you didn't watch it?

Why not? Cary Grant is always good for a laugh. Just looking at Peter Lorre can make you laugh. Raymond Massey is someone I love to hate and he plays a good villain in this. The weak spot in this movie would be Priscilla Lane as the bride. She is not one of hollywoods best looking leading ladies.

Even still, this movie is a classic comedy and should be seen by any an all comedy movie fans.

I have watched this movie more than once and will watch it again.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1084
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/14/2013 1:30:26 AM   
fodder

The night time movie is "CAVEMAN".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1085
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/15/2013 1:12:49 AM   
fodder

The night time movie is "QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1086
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/16/2013 2:17:41 PM   
SLAAKMAN

A special treat for you this morning mr fodder. One of my alltime favorites-

A Man Called Horse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEE2yQXxbsA

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1087
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/17/2013 1:34:45 AM   
SLAAKMAN

OBAMA IS A COMMUNIST LIAR! - CommieTunes -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoRz-VmtjRg

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1088
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/17/2013 3:50:59 AM   
warspite1

Got to see Rush on Sunday!

The film is just over 2 hours long, but when it was over it seemed like I had been in the cinema about 30 minutes.

The film centres on the battle for the 1976 Formula 1 World Championship, and the rivalry between the Austrian "professor" Niki Lauda and the British playboy James Hunt.

The two are depicted as enemies, but in actual fact they were good friends who trusted and respected each other on, as well as off-track. This bit of artistic licence does not spoil the film and is reasonable in order to make the battle between the two for the F1 crown more intense.

The film is nicely paced. We are introduced to both characters through their own narrative and scenes that leave the watcher in no doubt as to their background and philosophy on life.

The two are first seen in competition in 1970 at a Formula 3 race at Crystal Palace (where they have a coming together) and sets the scene for the rivalry throughout the film. I'm not sure if this is further artistic licence. The two definitely did race each other in F3, but I am not convinced as to whether this actual incident occurred.

After that we are given a whistle stop journey between 1973 (when Hunt came into F1) to 1975. We are shown the dangerous nature of F1 at the time with the Francois Cevert accident at Watkins Glen in gory detail – although this does not seem like gratuitous, but necessary to bring home just how unforgiving the sport was back then – and it truly was (of the top 12 points scorers in 1976, F1 cars were to claim 3, 1 ended up in a wheelchair and 1 had his career ended by a leg crunching crash).

We are then taken to 1976 and that titanic struggle for the World Crown. Only one real issue here – the British Grand Prix result, but I suspect this was simplified in the interests of time.

The casting is superb. Chris Hemsworth, an Aussie, does an excellent job on public schoolboy James Hunt, while Daniel Bruhl both sounds and looks frighteningly like the Austrian. There is little room for a supporting cast amongst the drivers which is a shame – only Clay Regazzoni has a part of any real substance. Peterson, Watson, Depailler, Scheckter, Andretti et al could have featured a little more I think. What did their contemporaries think of the two protagonists? The supporting cast is mainly required for Hunt – Lord Hesketh, "Bubbles" Horsley and Teddy Mayer / Tyler Alexander of McLaren, while the Ferrari team principals are rarely seen.

The love angle is perfectly catered for by Olivia Wilde (Hunt's first wife Suzy) and the gorgeous Alexandra Maria Lara - of Downfall fame – as the future Marlene Lauda. Both give quality performances.

The attention to detail is superb. Although the tracks are not the actual ones (for understandable reasons) the cars, the helmets, the sponsors are all authentic. The film "feels" like it's happening in the 70's.

For anyone interested in great personal stories, F1, the 70's, cars or just like to see a great film, then Rush is for you.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 1089
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/17/2013 1:57:41 PM   
fodder

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

A special treat for you this morning mr fodder. One of my alltime favorites-

I like Richard Harris, he has done some really good stuff.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 1090
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/17/2013 2:32:13 PM   
fodder

The morning movie is "DIE HARD".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1091
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/17/2013 5:53:45 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Have another special treat this afternoon mr fodder-

The Outer Limits-The Sandkings
http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi2568619033/

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1092
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/17/2013 6:18:53 PM   
fodder

The afternoon movie is "JOE'S APARTMENT".

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 1093
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/18/2013 3:45:37 PM   
fodder

The morning movie is "THEY WERE EXPENDABLE".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1094
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/18/2013 9:36:44 PM   
fodder

The afternoon movie is "THUNDERPANTS".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1095
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/19/2013 3:36:02 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Creepy flick-

Tales from the Crypt (1972)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LewJ-WObwto

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1096
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/19/2013 3:39:43 PM   
nate25

The Blues Brothers

I have a subtle and cunning plan.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 1097
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/19/2013 4:06:02 PM   
fodder

The morning movie is "THE WARRIORS" Ultimate Directors Cut.

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 1098
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/19/2013 4:34:52 PM   
SLAAKMAN

fodder is there a link to that Warriors version or did you rent it?

The Outer Limits - BEHOLD ECK!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TUDv9-PghM

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1099
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/19/2013 6:59:52 PM   
fodder

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

fodder is there a link to that Warriors version or did you rent it?

I've posted this before, but it's overdue for restatement.

Unless ortherwise stated, all movies listed by me, are owned by me on DVD.

This version of The Warriors differs only by the inclusion of a backdrop story told in comic book panel style at the begining of the movie. A tale of an ancent army traped 1000 miles from safty with enemies on all sides that has to fight its way to safety.

A story of courage.

Throughout the movie all major scene changes are framed in comic book fashion. This does not really add to or take away anything from the movie until the ending scene.
The original walking away scene as "In The City" played, was much better than a frozen comic book panel.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 1100
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/19/2013 7:01:41 PM   
fodder

^ Ooops, Did not mean to post that in blue.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1101
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/19/2013 8:40:29 PM   
fodder

The afternoon movie is "KINGS GO FORTH".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1102
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/20/2013 3:24:13 PM   
fodder

The morning movie is "EARTHQUAKE".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1103
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/20/2013 5:57:13 PM   
fodder

The afternoon movie is "SHAMPOO".

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1104
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/20/2013 11:38:07 PM   
fodder

The evening movie is "APOCALYPES NOW" Redux.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1105
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/21/2013 3:24:39 AM   
fodder

The night time movie is "THE QUICK AND THE DEAD". (1995)

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1106
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/21/2013 12:28:03 PM   
warspite1

Downton Abbey Series 4 starts tomorrow - Hussah!!

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1107
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/21/2013 9:27:26 PM   
fodder

The afternoon movie is "THE BROTHERS GRIMM".

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1108
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/21/2013 10:12:04 PM   
Orm

quote:

Could you please tell me what you think of it?

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1109
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/22/2013 2:08:51 AM   
fodder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Could you please tell me what you think of it?

I'm a BIG Terry Gilliam fan and I like the movie.

If you like Terry Gilliam, you'll like this flick!

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1110
Page:   <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI