Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/5/2014 8:31:55 PM   
fodder

"KID DYNAMITE"

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1411
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/5/2014 8:55:03 PM   
Orm

I've begun watching Friends again.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1412
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/5/2014 9:41:16 PM   
Aurelian

Waterloo with the text. (brings chuckles to hear Wellington addressed as Your Grace and read Admiral in the text.)

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1413
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/6/2014 6:36:33 PM   
warspite1

A ball-bouncingly brilliant 2-part series called Royal Cousins at War all about the relationship between Kaiser Wilhelm, Tsar Nicholas and King George V from their birth to WWI. The first part aired last night. What an exceptionally good documentary.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 1414
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/6/2014 9:53:22 PM   
pleasetryit

Free gaming for charity!

Feed yourself, your family or your pets InRealLife!

Get some bucks to spend on food or games!

charityflashgames.com

I wish you happy gaming!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1415
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/6/2014 11:36:06 PM   
wodin

Going to be alot of superb programs in WW1 over the next four years. I am hoping though at least one program will tell me something I didn't know already..thats why I'm more looking forward to any dramas.

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

A ball-bouncingly brilliant 2-part series called Royal Cousins at War all about the relationship between Kaiser Wilhelm, Tsar Nicholas and King George V from their birth to WWI. The first part aired last night. What an exceptionally good documentary.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1416
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/7/2014 6:24:45 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Going to be alot of superb programs in WW1 over the next four years. I am hoping though at least one program will tell me something I didn't know already..thats why I'm more looking forward to any dramas.

quote:

warspite1

Quite a few tantilising what-ifs....

- What if Wilhelm II's father had had a proper crack at being Kaiser? Would he really have been a more moderate voice?
- What if Nicholas had been more like Wilhelm and Wilhelm more like Nicholas? That is the most interesting one. Heaven knows where that would have ended up - a German / British alliance against Russia perhaps?
- What if Queen Victoria had been alive in 1914?

I never knew Nicholas and Wilhelm signed an Alliance themselves - without the knowledge, much less the approval, of their respective politicians - that was bizarre!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 1417
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/7/2014 7:52:33 PM   
tide1530

I was watching a show called Myth Hunters last night. They had an interesting show on the Amber Room that disappeared from the summer palace in Lenningrad in 1941.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1418
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/7/2014 7:53:26 PM   
Aurelian

What if Alexander III hadn't died in 1894?

Or if he did a better job of preparing his son for the throne?

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1419
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/7/2014 10:05:36 PM   
Lieste

The Ballad of Little Jo. The tale of a frontiersman near a mining community and his life in a wilderness area. True(ish) story, and interesting characters for a Western.

< Message edited by Lieste -- 2/7/2014 11:30:53 PM >

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 1420
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/7/2014 10:14:36 PM   
Fetrik

The following. It gives me strange thoughts...

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 1421
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/8/2014 1:25:16 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

What if Alexander III hadn't died in 1894?

Or if he did a better job of preparing his son for the throne?
warspite1

More time may have helped, but I think the problem for Nicholas II was that his personality and character were fundamentally unsuited to ruling Russia in an autocratic manner. As was observed in the program, he probably would have made a perfectly good king of the United Kingdom, but Russia was simply too much. Interesting stuff.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 1422
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/8/2014 9:13:12 AM   
Zorch

As some author said of Nicolas II, "There is nothing worse than a weak autocrat."

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1423
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/8/2014 9:40:37 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

As some author said of Nicolas II, "There is nothing worse than a weak autocrat."
warspite1

I suppose a blood-thirsty sociopath for an autocrat could be considered worse - although when the outcome is the same either way i.e. ruinous war, then it doesn't really matter does it?

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 1424
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/8/2014 11:00:36 AM   
Chickenboy

Wife unit and I have been steadily going through all of Breaking Bad. Excellent series-very well done.

ETA: No, we haven't finished it yet, so please-no spoilers.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1425
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/8/2014 12:57:02 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Wife unit and I have been steadily going through all of Breaking Bad. Excellent series-very well done.

I am sure that Breaking Bad is a superb series. But after a few episodes I stopped watching it since I had trouble feeling sympathy for the main character. I had some trouble with what he did.

I stopped watching Sons of Anarchy for the same reason.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1426
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 5:23:05 PM   
Chickenboy

Alright then. For those of you that want a feel good movie for all ages, I strongly recommend the LEGO movie. Very nicely done.

ETA: And it supports the Scandinavian economy too, Orm!

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 2/10/2014 6:23:55 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1427
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 5:24:50 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm
I am sure that Breaking Bad is a superb series. But after a few episodes I stopped watching it since I had trouble feeling sympathy for the main character. I had some trouble with what he did.

I never really got into Mad Men for the same reason. Draper is just such a scumbag.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1428
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 5:56:45 PM   
WarHunter

quote:

quote:

I'm glad you have no sympathy for the main character, Walter White. He's a scumbag. Never liked him. The series is probably the best writing and acting i've seen for a TV made show.

Recommend watching it from where you left off and continue to hate Walter. He had everything. He gave it up for a dream to secure his family's future.

The lives that swirl around him are nothing. All that matters is Walter White. Its why i hate him but love the series.

“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1429
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 6:00:44 PM   
WarHunter

quote:

This i want to watch!

Marcus Luttrell

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1430
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 6:35:30 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

quote:

This i want to watch!

warspite1

It was a BBC production - if that helps mate. Hope you get to see it, it was excellent

(in reply to WarHunter)
Post #: 1431
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 6:55:22 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

I never really got into Mad Men for the same reason. Draper is just such a scumbag.

Same for me with Mad Men as well.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1432
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 7:02:40 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

quote:

quote:

I'm glad you have no sympathy for the main character, Walter White. He's a scumbag. Never liked him. The series is probably the best writing and acting i've seen for a TV made show.

Recommend watching it from where you left off and continue to hate Walter. He had everything. He gave it up for a dream to secure his family's future.

The lives that swirl around him are nothing. All that matters is Walter White. Its why i hate him but love the series.

I might give it another attempt in the future. At the moment I have so much other stuff to watch.

Soon the second season of House of Cards is released in Sweden and I plan to watch it as soon as possible. The main character here is also a scumbag but so far he is not to unlikable so I enjoy the show.

(in reply to WarHunter)
Post #: 1433
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 7:11:45 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Alright then. For those of you that want a feel good movie for all ages, I strongly recommend the LEGO movie. Very nicely done.

warspite1

I have a couple of warspites that would like to see this I will try and get to watch it in the next couple of weeks Oh and its got this rather gorgeous young lady in it! Bonus!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1434
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 7:16:27 PM   
Orm

quote:

I'll try to watch it then.

But it do not support my economy.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1435
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 7:18:50 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I have a couple of warspites that would like to see this I will try and get to watch it in the next couple of weeks Oh and its got this rather gorgeous young lady in it! Bonus!

warspite1

Or should I say, this young lady (on the left)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 2/10/2014 8:19:21 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1436
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/10/2014 11:34:21 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Or should I say, this young lady (on the left)

Some great 'laugh out loud' moments, including a death scene. No really-it's funny!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1437
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/15/2014 7:56:41 PM   
warspite1

Enchanted

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1438
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/19/2014 6:27:46 PM   
warspite1

Fleming - Part II tonight. So far so good

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1439
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/19/2014 10:12:28 PM   
WarHunter

Just finished watching "Vikings". Looking forward to season 2. http://www.history.com/shows/vikings

Marcus Luttrell

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1440
Page:   <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI