Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2014 7:15:09 AM   
Josh

Dr. Who

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1591
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2014 7:43:02 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Dr. Who

Who??

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 1592
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2014 10:05:48 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

Dr. Who

Who??

Dr.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 1593
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2014 5:44:16 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

quote:

Dr. Who

Who??

Dr.

Dr WHO?

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1594
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2014 8:56:04 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dr. Who

Who??

Dr.

Dr WHO?

Dr Why Bother?

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 1595
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2014 12:46:56 PM   
E

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dr. Who

Who??

Dr.

Dr WHO?

Many people are watching the Doctors at the World Health Organization these days!

"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 1596
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2014 9:42:59 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dr. Who

Who??

Dr.

Dr WHO?

Many people are watching the Doctors at the World Health Organization these days!

Now that is a worth line.

(in reply to E)
Post #: 1597
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/16/2014 3:26:50 PM   
Kuokkanen

I consider buying a movie. I have 2 choices:
Bravo Two Zero
The One That Got Away

Which one is better movie? Which one is closer to history? Which one do you recommend and why?

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 1598
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/18/2014 6:27:09 PM   
warspite1

Wolf of Wall Street. Good film.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 1599
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/20/2014 1:54:32 PM   
TulliusDetritus

WOW, just WOW! Breaking Bad

I never liked watching series. Last year they convinced me to watch Game of Thrones. Not that bad.

But Breaking Bad is simply astonishing! A black humour comedy (and drama) filled with hilarious losers (aka real people). The lot of them.

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1600
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/20/2014 2:18:09 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I have to say the latest series of Dr Who is possibly the best of the lot. Great stories every week so far. All the Doctors since the series came back, starting with the brilliant Christopher Eccleston have been top drawer, and Peter Capaldi is no exception. And of course the presence of this young lady doesn't hurt either. She really showed in this latest episode that she can act too.

Agree with this (My PC is British on Saturdays, sorry to you Brit TV payers), although I never liked Eccleston as the Doctor.
Apart from that, I just realized that the American version of Netflix has the entire Cheers series, so that runs here regularly.
The only other TV show that runs now that I watch is "Alt for Norge" (Anything for Norway), a norwegian TV show where Americans with Norwegian ancestors come to Norway to fight for a chance to meet their living Norwegian family.

Althugh right now I finished watching a show about something called extreme couponers, black friday special. Please, the day I spend 3 hours in line to save 15$, take me out behind a shed and shoot me!

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1601
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/20/2014 4:33:00 PM   
Kuokkanen

Excuse me, did everybody miss my earlier post?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Bravo Two Zero
The One That Got Away

Which one is better movie? Which one is closer to history? Which one do you recommend and why?

Or isn't anyone here familiar with either movie?

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 1602
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/20/2014 4:38:26 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Bravo Two Zero
The One That Got Away

warspite1

Not being rude - I simply haven't seen either so cannot comment.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 1603
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/20/2014 4:38:29 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

Bravo Two Zero
The One That Got Away

I have seen neither.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 1604
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/20/2014 4:58:10 PM   
TulliusDetritus

I haven't seen them either but IMDB is me mate

Both are more than watchable.

The One That Got Away imdb scoring: 7.2
Bravo Two Zero: 6.9

Watch both

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1605
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/20/2014 5:15:50 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

I never liked watching series. Last year they convinced me to watch Game of Thrones. Not that bad.

But Breaking Bad is simply astonishing! A black humour comedy (and drama) filled with hilarious losers (aka real people). The lot of them.

Breaking Bad is truly amazing. My wife and I are about ready to re-watch the entire series again.

Still can't wait for the arrival of "winter"...it is coming!!

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 1606
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/20/2014 6:16:07 PM   
Josh

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Breaking Bad is truly amazing. My wife and I are about ready to re-watch the entire series again.

Still can't wait for the arrival of "winter"...it is coming!!

What I find so amazing about Breaking Bad is that the main character played a somewhat loser role in "Malcolm in the middle". That series was pretty good, enjoyed it back then, and he played the dad that never could get it right. And lo and behold he pops up again many years later and becomes an icon in Breaking Bad.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 1607
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/26/2014 11:23:30 AM   
warspite1

When their homework is done - me and the little cruisers are going to have a Doctor Who "favourite episodes" afternoon

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 1608
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/26/2014 11:29:35 AM   
Orm

quote:

When their homework is done - me and the little cruisers are going to have a Doctor Who "favourite episodes" afternoon

I have yet to see a complete episode of Doctor Who.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1609
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/26/2014 11:32:36 AM   
warspite1

Since they brought the series back, there have been some really good ones - and this latest series has been generally excellent.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1610
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/26/2014 11:37:45 AM   
Orm

It is on my 'to watch' list. But when I am unfamiliar with a series I have a hard time beginning to watch it unless I begin with episode one of series one. And that seems to be to far back in time to do. So I always delay beginning to watch it. I am pretty sure it is my loss.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1611
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/26/2014 11:41:41 AM   
GaryChildress

I grew up watching Tom Baker with his dashing scarf. Later I had a philosophy professor in college who had that same goofy smile as Baker did. Ah memories.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1612
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/26/2014 11:43:01 AM   
warspite1

The good news is that Doctor Who isn't really like that. You don't necessarily have to see previous episodes to make sense of current ones. It all a load of nonsense anyway - but when the scripts are good, the acting is of top calibre, and the special effects are sooo much better than they once were, then it 50 minutes of time well spent

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1613
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/26/2014 11:54:25 PM   
Curtis Lemay

I've been watching my bluray copy of HBO's "The Pacific". Highly recommended. It may be my favorite war movie for now. Just for example, the combat scenes on Iwo Jima are much more horrific than portrayed in "Flags of Our Fathers". The fact that neither side took prisoners made the PTO much more intense than the ETO. Prior to even the first depiction of combat on Guadalcanal, the Marines find a couple of prisoners that the Japs had captured. One had been beheaded and then the other's severed genitals had been placed into his mouth. From that start, it gets meaner the closer to Japan the Marines get. Okinawa is like Hell on Earth.

I know some people find the characters hard to distinguish in comparison to "Band of Brothers", but I think that is just because we've all seen "Band of Brothers" so many times due to HBO releasing it for broadcasting. They never have done that for "The Pacific" so it needs to be watched a few times to clarify things.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1614
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/27/2014 10:25:22 AM   
warspite1

Bump

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 1615
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/29/2014 9:39:03 AM   
VPaulus

bump

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1616
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/29/2014 10:05:56 PM   
warspite1

Just watched Philomena (Judi Dench and Steve Coogan). What a brilliant film - albeit in a tear-jerking, heart-string tugging, and really quite shocking way....

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 1617
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/29/2014 10:08:50 PM   
Orm

quote:

Just watched Philomena (Judi Dench and Steve Coogan). What a brilliant film - albeit in a tear-jerking, heart-string tugging, and really quite shocking way....

Somewhat like Titanic then?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1618
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/29/2014 10:12:14 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Yes. If I had has said, a S%^&* film, S^&*^% script, S$%^& special effects, S%^&* historical accuracy and criminal in its treatment of true heroes then it would have been exactly like Titanic

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1619
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/29/2014 10:26:26 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Yes. If I had has said, a S%^&* film, S^&*^% script, S$%^& special effects, S%^&* historical accuracy and criminal in its treatment of true heroes then it would have been exactly like Titanic

Quite. So we do understand each other then. Same page so to speak.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1620
Page:   <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI