Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/22/2014 6:02:35 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

I'm watching the Downton Christmas special:
http://morningafter.gawker.com/you-can-finally-watch-george-clooneys-downton-abbey-ske-1674047750/+aleksanderchan
warspite1

Qualiteee I thought Thomas had the funniest bits without having to say anything - stealing the cutlery and trying to kiss George Clooney

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 1651
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/22/2014 11:39:59 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

I'm watching the Downton Christmas special:
http://morningafter.gawker.com/you-can-finally-watch-george-clooneys-downton-abbey-ske-1674047750/+aleksanderchan
warspite1

Qualiteee I thought Thomas had the funniest bits without having to say anything - stealing the cutlery and trying to kiss George Clooney

Me, too. They could have brought back the deceased characters for a laugh...

Did you see these? http://parade.com/248194/jasonlynch/downton-abbey-spoof-videos/
I like 'Breaking Abbey'.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1652
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/24/2014 8:12:46 PM   
warspite1

I've just seen (most of) The Lego Movie. Very funny in places

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 1653
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/24/2014 8:25:27 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

This was a great movie! It has changed the household vocabulary for us. We now use the "sword of exact zero" for various craft projects. Same with the "Kragl".

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1654
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/24/2014 8:30:50 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

This was a great movie! It has changed the household vocabulary for us. We now use the "sword of exact zero" for various craft projects. Same with the "Kragl".
warspite1

I liked good cop/bad cop

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1655
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2014 5:33:26 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doctor Who

Any idea what date the XMas special airs?
warspite1

Christmas Day 6:15.

Thank you
Warspite1

Mmmm must say I found the Doctor Who Christmas special a bit disappointing this year.... but at least there was some good news - Clara Oswald will be sticking around

Downton Abbey really needs a kick up the backside. It was, as ever, watchable but.... something is missing. I know it's Christmas but it was all very twee. Come on guys you can do better than this......

But the good news is - Foyle's War returns on Sunday week, and Broadchurch the day after - Hussah!!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 1656
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2014 6:37:12 AM   
Orm

I recently watched Happy Feet and that was a fairly good animated film.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1657
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2014 1:54:33 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I liked good cop/bad cop

Liam Neeson and Morgan Freidman must have had fun with their roles, eh? Neeson managed to get an unnaturally high squeaky voice for the 'good cop' rendition.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1658
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2014 2:36:41 PM   
terje439

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doctor Who

warspite1

Thank you
Warspite1

Mmmm must say I found the Doctor Who Christmas special a bit disappointing this year.... but at least there was some good news - Clara Oswald will be sticking around

Good thing I watched it before reading this thread
Yeah, that was not a good episode, but it was a Doctor Who episode after all, and my choices were that and Xtreme Hoarders atm

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1659
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2014 3:23:09 PM   
Chickenboy

Watched a beautiful series called "Aerial America" on the Smithsonian channel last night. Gorgeous photography of hard-to-reach areas of Oklahoma and Georgia, along with a brief history lesson of the importance of these places. Very enlightening.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 1660
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/28/2014 3:05:37 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I liked good cop/bad cop

Liam Neeson and Morgan Freidman must have had fun with their roles, eh? Neeson managed to get an unnaturally high squeaky voice for the 'good cop' rendition.
Warspite1

Well, finally got to see the whole film and I have to say that is one, clever, funny and entertaining film

The whole story [no spoiler here] was very clever and there were plenty of laugh out loud moments. I would recommend this to anyone.

SPACESHIP!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TYJyCCO8Dc

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 12/28/2014 9:42:48 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1661
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/28/2014 8:51:06 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I liked good cop/bad cop

Warspite1

Well, finally got to see the whole film and I have to say that is one, clever, funny and entertaining film

The whole story [no spoiler here] was very clever and there were plenty of laugh out loud moments. I would recommend this to anyone.

SPACESHIP!!!!!

warspite1

And of course.....

Where are my Paaaaaaaaannts?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=where+are+my+pants&FORM=VIRE5#view=detail&mid=6D1DBEE9FF1B2AFEE4B56D1DBEE9FF1B2AFEE4B5

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1662
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/31/2014 6:08:48 PM   
AbwehrX

P-61 Video Tour - www.warbirdradio.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxCaaUBzc78

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1663
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/1/2015 8:41:01 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AbwehrX

P-61 Video Tour - www.warbirdradio.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxCaaUBzc78

warspite1

I really love this aircraft - full of character. Great in World in Flames with that range too!

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 1664
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/3/2015 8:42:09 PM   
AbwehrX

quote:

I really love this aircraft - full of character. Great in World in Flames with that range too!

Yes that range is what makes it even better. Superb night-fighter in WiF as well (until it gets blasted into dust by a Macchi 202. Doh!).

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1665
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/4/2015 8:04:59 PM   
Orm

Sweden versus Russia in the Ice Hockey World Junior Championships.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 1666
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/5/2015 1:10:32 PM   
Orm

quote:

Well, that was rather disappointing.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1667
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/5/2015 1:13:09 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

Watching the excellent Assembly about the Chinese Civil/Korean War. The movie was produced by China Film Company in 2007 and is currently available on Youtube:

Assembly (Ji jie hao / ¼¯½áºÅ)

Thank you for sharing.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 1668
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/5/2015 6:12:44 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

warspite1

Why so? - or was it the obvious?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1669
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/5/2015 7:14:41 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

warspite1

Why so? - or was it the obvious?

It was not just that Sweden lost. I felt that the players, young as they are, didn't perform at their best.

Soon we will play about the 3rd place and I feel much more cheerful if the team manage to do their utmost in this game.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1670
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/5/2015 7:28:54 PM   
Orm

Just finished watching season 4 of Downtown Abbey. Rather splendid show so far.

I didn't particularly like it when the show depicted the WWI period but other than that it has been a joy to watch.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1671
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/6/2015 4:39:17 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I liked good cop/bad cop

Warspite1

SPACESHIP!!!!!

warspite1

And of course.....

Where are my Paaaaaaaaannts?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=where+are+my+pants&FORM=VIRE5#view=detail&mid=6D1DBEE9FF1B2AFEE4B56D1DBEE9FF1B2AFEE4B5

Everything Is Awesome.

Inspired by you guys I just watched The Lego Movie.

Nice movie with almost everything except Captain Awesome and Dr Jones.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1672
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/6/2015 6:24:31 PM   
warspite1

....wear clothes.... Whoops almost forgot that one!

WHAT.A.BRIILIANT.FILM!!!!

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1673
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/6/2015 6:46:43 PM   
Orm

quote:

....wear clothes.... Whoops almost forgot that one!

WHAT.A.BRIILIANT.FILM!!!!

Indeed.

At times I wondered if the target group for the movie was adults or children.

A movie with such a name one could have suspected would have been made just to sell toys to children. But seldom have I seen a fairly new movie without getting annoyed by product placement. Here they do it with class.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1674
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/10/2015 4:17:51 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doctor Who

warspite1

Thank you
Warspite1

......But the good news is - Foyle's War returns on Sunday week, and Broadchurch the day after - Hussah!!

warspite1

Foyle's War was excellent as was Broadchurch

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1675
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/12/2015 12:10:12 PM   
terje439

Watching a new Norwegian mini-series about Operation Gunnerside. Actually very good so far, so I hope for your sake that Netflix or something picks it up so you get to see it. In Norwegian it is titled "Kampen om tungtvannet", which translates roughly into "The Battle for the Heavy Water".
The series is based on the work of Professor Tronstad, the scientist behind alot of Hydros work at Rjukan who escaped to Britain in -41, and helped plan the operation.

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1676
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/14/2015 7:11:57 PM   
warspite1

The Box set of 12 discs came today so have begun re-watching Centennial - very good

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 1677
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/16/2015 7:25:50 PM   
warspite1

quote:

The Box set of 12 discs came today so have begun re-watching Centennial - very good
warspite1

Well I'm onto CD 3. I've got to say £10 for 26 hours of viewing is pretty good value especially when its such a good story - definitely as good as I remembered all those years ago. Just a shame they couldn't have got a real Scotsman (or at least an actor that could do the accent) to play McKeag.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1678
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/16/2015 7:59:08 PM   
parusski

After years of thinking I did not want to watch a show about "bikers" I just started viewing Sons of Anarchy. I was hooked within the first 5 minutes. Great series, watched 5 episodes since yesterday-binge watching on Netflix.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1679
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/22/2015 5:18:41 PM   
warspite1

Started watching Wolf Hall on BBC2. If anyone has a liking for Tudor history - they should try and see this.

It tells the story of the rise of Thomas Cromwell. Only seen episode 1 so far - but so far, so very, very good.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 1680
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI