Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 6/30/2018 5:14:45 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Went to a matinee of Incredibles II with the Chickenboy Juniors and The Missus yesterday. It was very well done and a worthy sequel. Strongly recommended.
warspite1

Can't wait to see this next month when it opens here. It's been a long time coming so let's hope its worth the wait.

Seen the trailer for Wreck-it Ralph II and the new live action Winnie the Pooh. Really looking forward to these two too.

Paddington II
got good reviews, but we missed it in the theaters. Your clan seen it? We enjoyed the first one.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2821
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 6/30/2018 5:17:49 PM   
Chickenboy

Watched the final two episodes of The Expanse last night. Insanely good. Really looking forward to season 4, whenever it comes out under Bezos' gaze.

For any other devotees of the show: Who is your favorite character? I vacillate between Miller and Amos, probably the former.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2822
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 6/30/2018 5:19:07 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Went to a matinee of Incredibles II with the Chickenboy Juniors and The Missus yesterday. It was very well done and a worthy sequel. Strongly recommended.
warspite1

Can't wait to see this next month when it opens here. It's been a long time coming so let's hope its worth the wait.

Seen the trailer for Wreck-it Ralph II and the new live action Winnie the Pooh. Really looking forward to these two too.

Paddington II
got good reviews, but we missed it in the theaters. Your clan seen it? We enjoyed the first one.
warspite1

Oh yes and the general consensus is its even better than the first. Got it on DVD too

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2823
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/3/2018 5:14:05 PM   
warspite1

With the World Cup in full swing.....

https://www.espnplayer.com/video/the-two-escobars

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2824
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/3/2018 9:12:39 PM   
Zorch

The film of the book...Tokyo Fiancee.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2825
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/6/2018 5:29:28 PM   
OldSarge

quote:

Watched the final two episodes of The Expanse last night. Insanely good. Really looking forward to season 4, whenever it comes out under Bezos' gaze.

For any other devotees of the show: Who is your favorite character? I vacillate between Miller and Amos, probably the former.

The season finale was very nicely done! I think there were a few places where they had to abbreviate some character arcs as compared to the books, but all reasonable considering the time constraints of television.

It is probably easier for me to select a most annoying character (Diogo, easily) rather than a single favorite. The acting is pretty well done and it is difficult to read the books and not hear the actor's voice. Shohreh Aghdashloo pulls off a very convincing Avasarela, I was watching Vice and I kept expecting Thomas Jane's character to start mumbling about 'doors and corners'.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2826
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/7/2018 9:37:16 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldSarge

quote:

The season finale was very nicely done! I think there were a few places where they had to abbreviate some character arcs as compared to the books, but all reasonable considering the time constraints of television.

It is probably easier for me to select a most annoying character (Diogo, easily) rather than a single favorite. The acting is pretty well done and it is difficult to read the books and not hear the actor's voice. Shohreh Aghdashloo pulls off a very convincing Avasarela, I was watching Vice and I kept expecting Thomas Jane's character to start mumbling about 'doors and corners'.

OldSarge,

Just an FYI: My wife was good friends with Daniel Abraham growing up in Albuquerque, NM. Graduated together from Albuquerque High. Mr. Abraham is 1/2 of James S.A. Corey. I've met him a time or two also. But he's a home town boy-still lives there.

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 2827
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/7/2018 9:56:32 PM   
RFalvo69

I'm liking currently a lot the historical documentaries put together by TIK on his YT Channel. Highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheImperatorKnight/featured

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2828
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/7/2018 10:03:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

I'm liking currently a lot the historical documentaries put together by TIK on his YT Channel. Highly recommended.

Yeah, but I've detected a certain bias in some that I've seen more recently. Some of the statistics that he treats as unassailable facts are quite questionable in origin. And some of his subjective conclusions are sometimes spotty as well.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 2829
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/7/2018 10:06:43 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Can't wait to see this next month when it opens here.

Oi! You take the young 'uns yet? It's 'next month' now.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2830
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/8/2018 12:27:15 AM   
Okayrun3254

The Terror was really good, if you think you can handle it.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2831
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/8/2018 6:17:30 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Can't wait to see this next month when it opens here.

Oi! You take the young 'uns yet? It's 'next month' now.
warspite1

It opens here on the 13th so we will do so in the next couple of weeks.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2832
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/8/2018 10:03:41 AM   
RFalvo69

quote:

quote:

Yeah, but I've detected a certain bias in some that I've seen more recently. Some of the statistics that he treats as unassailable facts are quite questionable in origin. And some of his subjective conclusions are sometimes spotty as well.

can you provide some examples of this? The video I watched always quoted the sources, and TIK reasoning - while being debatable like any form of reasoning is - at least look sound.

That other people reach different conclusions is normal, but, then, I would like to hear their reasoning - and about their sources.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2833
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/8/2018 3:45:12 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

can you provide some examples of this? The video I watched always quoted the sources, and TIK reasoning - while being debatable like any form of reasoning is - at least look sound.

That other people reach different conclusions is normal, but, then, I would like to hear their reasoning - and about their sources.

Two examples:

The first was his overreliance on state documents from the former Soviet Union / modern Russia re: Russian / Soviet casualties on the Eastern Front. All to deflate the 'German invincibility' straw man argument. He seemed intent on deflating this (non-existent) myth by using dubious / spurious / probably fraudulent statistics spoon-fed him by the Soviet / Russian state. Without once questioning the verity of such materials being spoon-fed him.

Could the Russians want to downplay their poor performance (particularly early on) by tweaking historical numbers of casualties and obscure the effect of the Red Army purge? Is that the sort of thing-manipulating history to suit current political expediencies-that they are likely to foist upon an unsuspecting foreigner? Was Tik aware that he was being set up? Was he paid or encouraged to float such nonsense? All good questions that discerning viewers should ask themselves.

The second was an otherwise very good review of Market-Garden. Good supportive documentation and insight. But his conclusions about the failure (whose fault was it?) were unsound. He came back to Gavin as being instrumental in the failure of Market-Garden. Gavin? Really? He glossed over the attendant responsibility of Browning or-God forbid-Montgomery as primary overseers and blamed 'middle management'. It's not that American military leadership cannot lay an egg. We had plenty of that. But in an operation headed by Field Marshall Montgomery and then Browning and then 'middle management', the ultimate fault for the failure of an operation should probably be higher up the food chain. Unless you're bias.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 2834
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/8/2018 5:55:32 PM   
OldSarge

quote:

quote:

quote:

OldSarge,

Just an FYI: My wife was good friends with Daniel Abraham growing up in Albuquerque, NM. Graduated together from Albuquerque High. Mr. Abraham is 1/2 of James S.A. Corey. I've met him a time or two also. But he's a home town boy-still lives there.

I did not know that, but it makes sense. George R. Martin lives up in Santa Fe and has been known as a long time RPG gamer and The Expanse grew out of a conversation Abraham and Franck were having while at a game hosted by Martin. It is pretty neat that The Expanse got its start as a possible living Universe for a MMO game.

< Message edited by OldSarge -- 7/8/2018 6:51:00 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2835
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/8/2018 6:00:21 PM   
OldSarge

I've just finished watching The Lighthorsemen.

The story about the Australian light cavalry at the battle of Beersheba in 1917. It is nicely done and the charge is pretty gripping. The idea of cavalry charging an entrenched infantry position, under direct machinegun and field gun fire is just crazy. The fact that it worked is amazing.

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 2836
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/8/2018 7:30:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

OldSarge,

I did not know that, but it makes sense. George R. Martin lives up in Santa Fe and has been known as a long time RPG gamer and The Expanse grew out of a conversation Abraham and Franck were having while at a game hosted by Martin. It is pretty neat that The Expanse got its start as a possible living Universe for a MMO game.

My wife used to play GURPS with Abraham and other HS friends in ABQ growing up. Was it GURPS?

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 2837
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/8/2018 9:29:49 PM   
RFalvo69

quote:

Two examples:

The first was his overreliance on state documents from the former Soviet Union / modern Russia re: Russian / Soviet casualties on the Eastern Front. All to deflate the 'German invincibility' straw man argument. He seemed intent on deflating this (non-existent) myth by using dubious / spurious / probably fraudulent statistics spoon-fed him by the Soviet / Russian state. Without once questioning the verity of such materials being spoon-fed him.

Could the Russians want to downplay their poor performance (particularly early on) by tweaking historical numbers of casualties and obscure the effect of the Red Army purge? Is that the sort of thing-manipulating history to suit current political expediencies-that they are likely to foist upon an unsuspecting foreigner? Was Tik aware that he was being set up? Was he paid or encouraged to float such nonsense? All good questions that discerning viewers should ask themselves.

It seemed to me that TIK warned about how unreliable both the Germans and the Soviet sources were during the Cold War. True, his main point is how the Western historians relied too much on German sources, due to the realities of the Cold War. However, his second point is that through the modern works of historians like Erickson and Glantz it is possible to see how the Germans were beaten operationally on the battlefield, and not merely by being overrun by a tsunami of Russian hordes.

That's, of course, TIK's opinion. But, IMHO, it is an opinion supported by sources that he quotes and that are publicly available (like Glanz's lecture on the matter available on Youtube itself). You may feel that other historians are more reliable, and reach different conclusions. But this is part of what makes the study of history so fascinating

quote:

The second was an otherwise very good review of Market-Garden. Good supportive documentation and insight. But his conclusions about the failure (whose fault was it?) were unsound. He came back to Gavin as being instrumental in the failure of Market-Garden. Gavin? Really? He glossed over the attendant responsibility of Browning or-God forbid-Montgomery as primary overseers and blamed 'middle management'.

I saw that video, and I feel that the point is much simpler: Gavin had the opportunity to capture the Nimegen bridge as soon as the 82nd landed, but wasted precious hours and at the end the Germans were able to bring in reinforcements.

Gavin was the man on the spot, and he fumbled a crucial tactical move. Again, this may be a matter of sources. However, once more it seems to me that TIK quotes his sources. People who rely on different ones can reach different conclusions - but these different sources should, at least, be named.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2838
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/9/2018 3:24:12 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

It seemed to me that TIK warned about how unreliable both the Germans and the Soviet sources were during the Cold War. True, his main point is how the Western historians relied too much on German sources, due to the realities of the Cold War. However, his second point is that through the modern works of historians like Erickson and Glantz it is possible to see how the Germans were beaten operationally on the battlefield, and not merely by being overrun by a tsunami of Russian hordes.

If the figures were as unreliable as he said, it's quite possible that NO reasonable conclusion could be based upon them. Yet he continued to bring up casualty list after casualty list from precisely those tainted sources. While the Nazis are kaput and unlikely to re-emerge to reinvent history, the other guys are trying very hard to do just that. So sources that are derived from or provided from the Soviet archives are *more* questionable, IMO. And arguing what constitutes 'hordes' of Soviets is semantics, IMO.

I get it-the Germans were beat solidly by 1945. Yup. I think even modest scholars of the Second World War understand that the Russian performance as the war progressed improved in all facets. TIK's overanalysis of shaky data points trying to parse out FOW casualty figures to attempt to prove a semantic argument was laborious and, ultimately, unconvincing. YMMV.

quote:

The second was an otherwise very good review of Market-Garden. Good supportive documentation and insight. But his conclusions about the failure (whose fault was it?) were unsound. He came back to Gavin as being instrumental in the failure of Market-Garden. Gavin? Really? He glossed over the attendant responsibility of Browning or-God forbid-Montgomery as primary overseers and blamed 'middle management'.

I saw that video, and I feel that the point is much simpler: Gavin had the opportunity to capture the Nimegen bridge as soon as the 82nd landed, but wasted precious hours and at the end the Germans were able to bring in reinforcements.

Gavin was the man on the spot, and he fumbled a crucial tactical move. Again, this may be a matter of sources. However, once more it seems to me that TIK quotes his sources. People who rely on different ones can reach different conclusions - but these different sources should, at least, be named.

Know who was at Gavin's side during the entirety of the operation? Browning. He dropped in with the 82nd. HE was the man on the ground who should have interceded for the sake of the operation. Failing that, Montgomery had additional oversight responsibilities.

My opinion is that Gavin should have taken the bridge by the first afternoon. My opinion is also that the entire operation was doomed to failure and that the operational failure should lie with the high command. Montgomery and Browning being the two most obvious.

I appreciated TIK's effort to bring up this tactical failure. He (briefly) glossed over the other significant failures of concept and operational leadership. Briefly. Before rendering his conclusion. There were a laundry list of reasons why the operation failed. All of them pretty good reasons for failure. He subjectively chose one that was further down the chain of causality.

Sources schmources. He can cite sources after the fact. But to then use those sources to put together an argument that is wholly subjective and only a fraction of the complicated explanation for failure? Nah. Source 1: spaghetti. Source 2: spaghetti. Source 3: spaghetti. Conclusion? Banana. Irrelevant conclusion based upon the source material.

Heavy weighs the crown. All too often, divisional leaders or battalion or regimental leaders got the dirty end of the stick pointed at them when a poorly conceived 'shoestring' plan went belly up on them. I believe that operational / theater leadership needs to be where the buck stops, not the lower rungs of the leadership ladder.

Example: The 1st and 29th infantry are repulsed at Omaha. The landings fail. Eisenhower must face the press. Instead of his now famous 'the fault is my own' note, he blames Generals Huebner, Taylor and Cota for their failure to secure their tactical objectives. Hardly inspiring leadership.

ETA: Found this from Browning's Wiki page:

After the war, Gavin and his staff were criticised for the decision to secure the high ground around Groesbeek before attempting the capture of the Waal bridge at Nijmegen. Browning took responsibility for this, noting that he "personally gave an order to Jim Gavin that, although every effort should be made to effect the capture of the Grave and Nijmegen bridges as soon as possible, it was essential that he should capture the Groesbeek Ridge and hold it".[73]

Is that a sufficient source for you?

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 7/9/2018 3:35:05 AM >

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 2839
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/9/2018 9:33:41 AM   
RFalvo69

quote:

Sources schmources. He can cite sources after the fact. But to then use those sources to put together an argument that is wholly subjective and only a fraction of the complicated explanation for failure? Nah. Source 1: spaghetti. Source 2: spaghetti. Source 3: spaghetti. Conclusion? Banana. Irrelevant conclusion based upon the source material.

But, as TIK points out, Beevor too falls in this trap. After hammering Horrocks over and over for being late at Nimegen, Beevor admits that the XXX Corps was actually on time and the crucial 36 hours were lost due to the need to capture the bridge from the Germans. So, if you are the first to admit that the XXX Corps was on time at Nimegen, contradicting yourself over and over is not the best way to make your case. You only make an obvious case of blame shifting.

quote:

Heavy weighs the crown. All too often, divisional leaders or battalion or regimental leaders got the dirty end of the stick pointed at them when a poorly conceived 'shoestring' plan went belly up on them. I believe that operational / theater leadership needs to be where the buck stops, not the lower rungs of the leadership ladder.

Beevor himself makes the case that not capturing Nimegen's bridge timely was Browing's fault. However, as TIK points out, Gavin himself, in his own memories, says otherwise - a fact apparently ignored by Beevor. Why should Gavin, after the war, take responsibility for the mistake if he was actually acting under Browing's orders?

quote:

After the war, Gavin and his staff were criticised for the decision to secure the high ground around Groesbeek before attempting the capture of the Waal bridge at Nijmegen. Browning took responsibility for this, noting that he "personally gave an order to Jim Gavin that, although every effort should be made to effect the capture of the Grave and Nijmegen bridges as soon as possible, it was essential that he should capture the Groesbeek Ridge and hold it".[73]

Is that a sufficient source for you?

With all due respect... from a Wiki? TIK, at least, provides other (readily available) books for the viewer to check. And the above holds true: in his memories Gavin takes responsibility for the decision. What would be it, then? A delayed case of gallantry?

I'm not saying that TIK is infallible, or the new Messiah of WWII historiography. I like, however, how he researches different sources (a number of them based on only recently discovered materials) to challenge the sedimented perceptions about many issues surrounding WWII. At the very least, it gets your brain moving - and to exercise is always good, even for the brain.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2840
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/9/2018 4:06:53 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

With all due respect... from a Wiki?

You seem to be very impressed with the citations of TIK in his videos. Perhaps you'd care to peruse the citations in the Wiki before casting aspersions? It's a book from MacDonald (1963). The fact that it's cited in a WiKi entry is not prima facia evidence that it is bogus, for goodness sake. It's easy enough to look up and follow up as well, if you'd only take a moment to be bothered.

There's plenty of blame shifting to go around it seems. TIK's video has not convinced me to abrogate the attendant responsibility of the chain of command for things that go well, as expected or belly up. Memoirs after the fact certainly notwithstanding.

Anyways, I think I'm done with this debate on Market-Garden. I trust I've explained my opinions about TIK's work in sufficient clarity? PM me if you have any more questions.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 2841
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/9/2018 4:20:42 PM   
rico21

During Operation "Market Garden" 34 876 airborne soldiers were committed: 20 190 jumped in parachute, 13 871 landed in
gliders and 905 from planes. 1 927vehicles, 568 guns and 5 230 tons of equipment and supplies were also brought by
airlift. The airborne units fought with an utmost bravery against an enemy much stronger both in strength and assets. The
paratroopers lost 13 000 KIA, wounded and MIA. But this sacrifice was not useless because it permitted to immobilize the
Germans into Arnhem and to inflict them heavy losses which therefore facilitated the task of the 82nd and 101st divisions.
Like so many examples in History, "Market Garden" failure is more the result of a set of convergent causes than one
single error. According to the British historian Martin Middlebrook (Arnhem 1944 book) these causes are as follows:
- The under-assessment about the German capability to recover and to resist after the Normandy landing, which only
Generals Urquhart and Sosabowski disapproved; - The fact that the 1st airborne division was not informed about the
presence, though well known, of two armoured divisions around Arnhem; - General Browning’s decision to set up his CP in
Holland, which did not brought anything to the conduct of the battle, but reduced the first wave by 36 gliders; - The
deficiencies of the air transport planning, particularly the refusal to drop by night, the refusal to drop at least one
element close to the two ends of the bridge, the refusal to operate two turn-rounds on the first day and the selection of
DZs far away from the targets. All these factors deprived the paratroopers of their best advantage, the tactical
surprise; - The incapability of the 1st division Commander to make the battalion COs understand the vital importance
speedy execution in the objective seizure; - The insufficient use of the possibilities offered by the Dutch Resistance
and population; - The insufficient use of close air support; - General Browning’s wrong assessment about the importance
of seizing the Nimegue bridge and the priority to put on it; - The slowness of the IInd Army and the XXXth Corps' thrust;
- The wrong estimate by General Urquhart and his staff of the importance of the Driel ferry and of the heights
controlling the position.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2842
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/13/2018 4:18:58 PM   
warspite1

Huzzah!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44822420

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 2843
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/13/2018 5:21:57 PM   
Zorch

quote:

Huzzah!!!!

Rumor has it Diana Rigg will guest star as Queen of Greece. She will seduce and elope with Maggie Smith (not).

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2844
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/13/2018 5:24:53 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

Huzzah!!!!

Rumor has it Diana Rigg will guest star as Queen of Greece.
warspite1

I thought that was John Travolta.....

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2845
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/13/2018 5:27:36 PM   
warspite1

For those who remember the Peter Weir Film Picnic at Hanging Rock, the BBC are showing a 6-part re-make with nobs on i.e. apparently plenty of back story to fill out 6 hours. Saw the first part - Natalie Dormer stars. A little weird but interesting and want to see more.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2846
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/13/2018 5:28:16 PM   
warspite1

quote:

For those who remember the Peter Weir Film Picnic at Hanging Rock, the BBC are showing a 6-part re-make with nobs on i.e. apparently plenty of back story to fill out 6 hours. Saw the first part - Natalie Dormer stars. A little weird but interesting and want to see more.
warspite1

Fnarr Fnarr

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2847
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/13/2018 6:27:26 PM   
RFalvo69

quote:

It will be hard to recapture the atmospheres of Weir's film. I watched it when I was a kid, and for a week I dreamt every night these... faces made of rock looking down the oblivious characters. It is really a movie which, without a single special effect, shows how there are places where humanity is not meant to go - and how you only need a small trip in the wilderness to find yourself thinking about the eeriest aspects of nature the way ancient humans did.

Anyway, the original is one of my favourite movies ever. I hope that this remake will deliver.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2848
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/13/2018 6:31:29 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

It will be hard to recapture the atmospheres of Weir's film. I watched it when I was a kid, and for a week I dreamt every night these... faces made of rock looking down the oblivious characters. It is really a movie which, without a single special effect, shows how there are places where humanity is not meant to go - and how you only need a small trip in the wilderness to find yourself thinking about the eeriest aspects of nature the way ancient humans did.

Anyway, the original is one of my favourite movies ever. I hope that this remake will deliver.

I watched when I was young and said "Huh?".

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 2849
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/8/2018 7:34:04 PM   
Kuokkanen

I.M.P.S. The Relentless Chapter 3 "Rhymes with Maintenance"

Part of the Imperial Military Personnel Stories series

Narrated by Peter Cullen, a.k.a. Optimus Prime

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2850
Page:   <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI