Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/3/2018 7:47:34 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

The Cry - a psychological thriller with this rather gorgeous young lady, who is proving herself a damn fine actress with every performance she gives.

Tell me more about this fine young lady.
warspite1

Sure. She was the winner of the Australian Beauties competition all the way back in 2012.... wow how time flies....

She hasn't aged a day, if you ask me. Must be all that time travel.
Is it time for another contest?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2881
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/4/2018 5:56:12 PM   
warspite1

Just watched the excellent Penny Dreadful Series 1 again. Even better than I remembered - and the second and third series were even better. Series 2 coming up

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2882
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/4/2018 8:45:37 PM   
Zorch

quote:

Just watched the excellent Penny Dreadful Series 1 again. Even better than I remembered - and the second and third series were even better. Series 2 coming up

Lord Rassilon (aka Sir Malcolm Murray) is up to his old tricks.

I like the Penny Dreadful woman who turned into a monster. Oh wait, every woman turned into a monster in that series.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2883
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2018 3:12:27 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

I like the Penny Dreadful woman who turned into a monster. Oh wait, every woman turned into a monster in that series.

warspite1

Hey that's not fair. It was only Vanessa and Brona oh and Madame Kalli, and Mina, oh yes and Hecate Poole, and the ladies of the night....and the sundry vampires and witches - okay I see what you mean

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2884
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2018 3:22:19 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Hey that's not fair. It was only Vanessa and Brona oh and Madame Kalli, and Mina, oh yes and Hecate Poole, and the ladies of the night....and the sundry vampires and witches - okay I see what you mean

And, of course, they all disrobed.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2885
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2018 3:33:37 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Well it's artistic innit? and all in the best possible taste

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2886
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2018 3:34:45 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

What time of day was the show on in Britain?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2887
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2018 3:36:24 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

What time of day was the show on in Britain?
warspite1

The original series were shown at 9 PM iirc.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2888
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2018 10:16:22 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Whatsat?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2889
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2018 10:17:21 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Well, Warspite1, why didn't you say so in the first place?

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2890
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/5/2018 10:18:03 PM   
Chickenboy

Also, old bean, I trust you've finished with The Pacific since you're watching all of this other naked woman vampire mumbo jumbo?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2891
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2018 8:18:25 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Also, old bean, I trust you've finished with The Pacific since you're watching all of this other naked woman vampire mumbo jumbo?
warspite1

SPOILER ALERT
No, the last two parts (I think there are 10) are this week. I've got up to Iwo Jima and Sergeant Basilone, as he lay contemplating his last moments before dropping off this mortal coil. As he lies prostrate amongst the volcanic ash that was to become his shroud he must have been thinking "Bugger. so that's why people say in the army you never volunteer for anything".

Coming hot on the heels of the death of Ack Ack in the previous episode, that was all a bit emotional....

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2892
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2018 12:57:20 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

warspite1

SPOILER ALERT
No, the last two parts (I think there are 10) are this week. I've got up to Iwo Jima and Sergeant Basilone, as he lay contemplating his last moments before dropping off this mortal coil. As he lies prostrate amongst the volcanic ash that was to become his shroud he must have been thinking "Bugger. so that's why people say in the army you never volunteer for anything".

Coming hot on the heels of the death of Ack Ack in the previous episode, that was all a bit emotional....

That's why people in the ARMY say you should never volunteer for anything? Was Sgt. Basilone in the ARMY in that episode?

I enjoyed the last two episodes very much. A fine denouement to a fine series. I couldn't keep it together for parts of the last episode either...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2893
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2018 1:39:06 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

SPOILER ALERT

That's why people in the ARMY say you should never volunteer for anything? Was Sgt. Basilone in the ARMY in that episode?

I enjoyed the last two episodes very much. A fine denouement to a fine series. I couldn't keep it together for parts of the last episode either...
warspite1

Army? marines? - its all the same right?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2894
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2018 2:19:12 PM   
Orm

Yes, it is indeed the same. Grunts being ordered around by officers.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2895
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2018 7:08:58 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I get ordered around all the time, and I'm not in the Army!

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2896
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2018 7:42:08 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Zorch this isn't the right place to be hearing about the services you pay for....

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2897
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2018 8:43:38 PM   
AbwehrX

The Lost Battalion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyJwtC8kwJM

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2898
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2018 8:52:17 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Zorch this isn't the right place to be hearing about the services you pay for....

Pay no never mind to him, Zorch. This is exactly the place to be hearing about the services you pay for. Pictures (not of yourself, old boy) are also encouraged.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2899
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/6/2018 9:01:26 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Pay no never mind to him, Zorch. This is exactly the place to be hearing about the services you pay for. Pictures (not of yourself, old boy) are also encouraged.
warspite1

Well on your head be it. If you want to see pictures of Helga the 20 stone pig iron smelter from Gdansk that Zorch* sees every Tuesday then that's up to you.

* allegedly

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2900
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/7/2018 1:46:13 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Well on your head be it. If you want to see pictures of Helga the 20 stone pig iron smelter from Gdansk that Zorch* sees every Tuesday then that's up to you.

* allegedly

Her name is Olga, and woe to him who forgets it.

Attachment (2)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2901
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/7/2018 2:34:30 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

* allegedly

warspite1

I must say Helga's new look suits her. That was some diet!

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2902
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/7/2018 3:17:50 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

* allegedly

warspite1

I must say Helga's new look suits her. That was some diet!

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed cordially invites Warspite to a pig roast.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2903
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/7/2018 2:45:50 PM   
Padding

I don't watch TV.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2904
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/8/2018 4:42:35 AM   
AbwehrX

Fantastic Polish film-

Katyń
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ZYdiEE20Y

(in reply to Padding)
Post #: 2905
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/8/2018 6:06:15 AM   
Aurelian

The Walking Dead.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 2906
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/8/2018 3:24:04 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Will the main course be a somewhat bland and milquetoast 'pork'?

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2907
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/8/2018 4:17:43 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

Will the main course be a somewhat bland and milquetoast 'pork'?

It's BYO pig by the way.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2908
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/11/2018 7:58:59 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

SPOILER ALERT

warspite1

I watched the last two episodes to complete the series.

It was very watchable, and came across as a quality production, but there was something lacking. Maybe there wasn't enough background to go with each of the cameo's of the fighting (exception perhaps being the walk across the airfield on Peleliu).

I think the series could have done with being longer or the number of soldiers story's reduced so that we got more of a feel for each individual's story.

There was a lot of staring into space at times too - particularly from Leckie and Sledge - and one thing I do find grating - and pretty much all war films seem guilty of this - is the (usually) verbal, but (sometimes) physical, fighting between soldiers on the same side.

I would have to say it was a decent series and worth 10+ hours of anyone's time.

Good to see the brief bios at the end of the Part 10. Although that called for a bit of still upper lip what.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2909
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/18/2018 2:29:05 AM   
AbwehrX

quote:

Tony Robinson and team are at a dig near Mametz in France. They are there to search for the remains of a Livens Large Gallery Flame Projector – a weapon believed to have been deployed for the first time on 1 July 1916, the first day of the Battle of the Somme.

The Somme's Secret Weapon (Mametz, Somme, France)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2pGoz4ZDgE

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2910
Page:   <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI