Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 5:21:40 PM   
Mike Solli

Success!!! I finally got AE loaded and functional. Still a couple of bugs to work out with windows but nothing really critical. I'm starting turn one this afternoon! Banzai!

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 121
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 6:51:47 PM   
nashvillen

Nice!

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 122
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 7:14:12 PM   
PaxMondo

wtg!!!

Pax

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 123
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 7:17:15 PM   
Olorin

May the force be with you oh Emperor.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 124
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 7:52:46 PM   
obvert

Alright. Now the real stuff. Don't forget those AMCs in deep So Pac! Good luck.

(in reply to Olorin)
Post #: 125
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 8:03:38 PM   
Mike Solli

Wife is off to work so I can concentrate on this for awhile. A couple of thoughts.

I'm thinking of turning off the refinery at Rangoon and Magwe. If fuel flows back to Singapore, a fair amount is lost. No so with oil. That'll increase the amount of oil needed to be shipped to Japan, but the remaining fuel from Burma would likely get shipped to Japan too. I think overall, it'll save fuel.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 126
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 8:20:41 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Wife is off to work so I can concentrate on this for awhile. A couple of thoughts.

I'm thinking of turning off the refinery at Rangoon and Magwe. If fuel flows back to Singapore, a fair amount is lost. No so with oil. That'll increase the amount of oil needed to be shipped to Japan, but the remaining fuel from Burma would likely get shipped to Japan too. I think overall, it'll save fuel.

That is a very interesting thought Mike .. I have not played the IJ but I assume you never have a refinery backup, but in fact the choke point is oil to keep the refineries primed .. if that is the case I think you are right. Move it to the homelands ..

The IJ in my game is using Magwe because he is using the fuel at Molumien and fueling BB's to regularly shell Akyab ...

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 127
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 8:48:02 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

Lucky you. Mine works from home and the 2yo completely destroys any chances when he is awake. Ergo, 4 am is the only time for me and then only a few days/week. This is why I am stuck with AI games for some time ...

quote:

Really good observation. I agree, long term it should save a LOT of fuel .... particularly when it starts to flow all the way to Fusan ...

Pax

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 128
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 9:00:06 PM   
SqzMyLemon

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Lucky you. Mine works from home and the 2yo completely destroys any chances when he is awake. Ergo, 4 am is the only time for me and then only a few days/week. This is why I am stuck with AI games for some time ...

We'll square off one day Pax . If I wasn't so busy with my games and models I'd offer to play another game with you. Slow pace would suit me fine and a few turns a week doesn't sound bad at all.

Mike:

What are your plans for fuel to primary naval bases? What kind of numbers do you want to have available for combat operations and are you factoring in these needed runs in your calculations? I was so focused on getting fuel/oil home that I severly neglected keeping stockpiles handy for actual combat . I'm paying that price right now in an inability to counter for lack of fuel.

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 129
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 9:49:52 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: SqzMyLemon

We'll square off one day Pax . If I wasn't so busy with my games and models I'd offer to play another game with you. Slow pace would suit me fine and a few turns a week doesn't sound bad at all.

Hey, would be great. Hope I live long enough to cash in on your offer. Sorry to say that I have 2 longtime (as in B4 the 2yo arrived ) PBEM friends ahead of you in my PBEM queue.

Pax

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 130
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 9:59:51 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

What are your plans for fuel to primary naval bases? What kind of numbers do you want to have available for combat operations and are you factoring in these needed runs in your calculations? I was so focused on getting fuel/oil home that I severly neglected keeping stockpiles handy for actual combat . I'm paying that price right now in an inability to counter for lack of fuel.

Right now, here's the plan:

North Borneo, Summatra, Burma - All fuel gets shipped to Japan via Singapore. I need to study the map a bit more concerning Miri/Brunei. I may push that fuel/oil to Manila and then to Japan if it's closer than using Singapore. I suspect it is. We'll see if Manila can handle it.

Java - I'm going to increase refineries (by 25) to refine all the oil into fuel. I'm also going to increase HI (by 50 I think, maybe more) to use all the resources in the area. There will still be a surplus of fuel. It'll most likely be for fleet ops. I need to refine those numbers to see how much excess fuel is there. I hope to leave most of the fuel produced here in the SRA but will ship it to Japan (via Singapore) if needed. All of the resources in the surrounding islands will get shipped here to feed the HI.

Balikpapan - This gets shipped to Truk for SE Fleet and 4 Fleet ops.

Tarakan - This is the reserve for the SRA. My intent is to base the Combined Fleet in the SRA when not in use. Not sure where. I'm thinking Davao. That port is better than Babeldaob and there are more airfields in the vicinity to support Davao. I will probably put my fuel reserve from Tarakan there.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 131
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 10:03:20 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

quote:

Hey, would be great. Hope I live long enough to cash in on your offer. Sorry to say that I have 2 longtime (as in B4 the 2yo arrived ) PBEM friends ahead of you in my PBEM queue.

Well, get going, Pax. I want to see one of your AARs to see the right way to do things.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 132
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 10:10:11 PM   
Mike Solli

This is going to take some time. I am gathering info on merchant ship locations by type. Sheesh. Anyway, in the Home Islands, there are 28 Ansyu-C, 37 Kiso-E and 9 To'su xAKLs. All of the Ansyu-Cs will move to the nearest port to convert to PBs. The Kisos and To'sus will convert to either ACMs (the mine tenders) or PBs. Somewhere around here I have the list of which bases need ACMs. I'll produce enough for Japan and the rest will become PBs.

Now on to the C/M/K coastal ports....

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 133
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 10:48:19 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, get going, Pax. I want to see one of your AARs to see the right way to do things.

Mike,

I read YOUR AAR to know the right way to do things!

Pax

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 134
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 10:51:08 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

This is going to take some time.

Takes me most of a RL month to get the GC first turn done.

quote:

Somewhere around here I have the list of which bases need ACMs. I'll produce enough for Japan and the rest will become PBs.

Tracker has a nice list of Ports with Mines and how many ACM's are present.

Pax

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 135
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 11:13:07 PM   
Mike Solli

Yeah, I figure it takes me 100 hours to get the first turn done. I'm not even going to keep track.

Tracker is next on my agenda.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 136
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 11:45:46 PM   
PaxMondo

Yep, 100 hours is about right for me. Just takes me a month (or longer) to find all those hours.

EDIT: Crickey, a month. I just realized, looking back at my notes, that I started getting my new GC game together in SEPTEMBER. It's freakin November, almost December now. Talk about an "oldtimers" moment!!! I'm still not ready for the first turn.

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 11/30/2011 11:48:02 PM >

Pax

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 137
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/30/2011 11:58:45 PM   
Mike Solli

I'm hoping to get a lot done this week because I'm technically unemployed. My job start Monday, so my free time will dwindle a whole bunch.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 138
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 12:00:34 AM   
PaxMondo

Congrats on the new job!!

Pax

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 139
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 12:04:12 AM   
Mike Solli

It's pretty funny actually. I'll be sitting at the same computer I was at on 30 Sep, when my orders ended. Go figure. It's temporary for at least a year. I hope to have a civilian job by then.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 140
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 12:18:50 AM   
PaxMondo

Are you mustering out? Gonna miss you if you are.

Pax

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 141
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 12:51:12 AM   
Mike Solli

I'm close to retirement. We'll see what happens. One weekend a month is starting to get old. Every day is no fun at all any more.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 142
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 10:00:39 AM   
obvert

One thing with the first turn, though I've done only 4 as the Japanese, is that I know I can't do it all at once. I still always have a LONG turn two and three.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 143
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 3:40:52 PM   
Mike Solli

Ok, I set the training for all restricted units in Japan and Manchuoko/Korea. Here's the result for those interested (note that things will change as I resize some units later):

IJN
Pilots in training:
Fighter: 80
NavB: 79
NavT: 56
NavS: 116
ASW: 60

Pool: 1700 down to 1444 (due to pulling pilots out for training)
Pilot Reserve (These came from training units with good pilots):
Fighter: 20
Bmb: 43
Pat: 21
Tnt: 0
Rcn: 0

TRACOM: 0

IJA
Pilots in training:
Fighter: 452
GndB: 221
NavS: 72
ASW: 108
Tnt: 48
Rcn: 99

Pool: 2202 down to 1863
Pilot Reserve:
Fighter: 5
Bmb: 0
Pat: 0
Tnt: 0
Rcn: 0

TRACOM: 2

These numbers will probably change slightly (mainly TRACOM) as I go through the frontline units. I forgot that there isn't anything in the reserve to start so I can't add pilots to units. That makes it pretty much useless to add planes to units. Also note that the IJNAF pilots in training units have a much higher overall starting quality than the IJAAF pilots in training units. Not any more.

Edit: I estimate 3 months to train the riff raff in the training units. So, divide the numbers above by 3 to get the estimated monthly graduation rate from on map training.

< Message edited by Mike Solli -- 12/1/2011 3:42:52 PM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 144
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 3:43:12 PM   
cohimbra

All the new japanese players follow your adeventure with great interest, don't skimp on details.
banzai!banzai!banzai!
My english is bad,I know

< Message edited by cohimbra -- 12/1/2011 3:44:37 PM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 145
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 3:49:54 PM   
obvert

For IJA pilots I also took one of the Nate groups I knew I wouldn't be using until I had Oscars to upgrade and used those pilots as my fighter reserve to fill out other useful units.

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 146
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 3:50:20 PM   
Dan Nichols

You can add pilots to frontline units on turn 1. Go to your training unit, move all of the pilots you want use into group reserve. You can then go to a frontline unit and move the pilots directly from the old group reserve to the new unit.

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 147
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 3:57:01 PM   
obvert

Hi Dan! Good to see you here!

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 148
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 4:00:18 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

You can add pilots to frontline units on turn 1. Go to your training unit, move all of the pilots you want use into group reserve. You can then go to a frontline unit and move the pilots directly from the old group reserve to the new unit.

Yes, I saw that. There aren't a lot, so I haven't moved any yet. That will be a thoughtful process.

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 149
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 12/1/2011 4:46:48 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

Yes, I saw that. There aren't a lot, so I haven't moved any yet. That will be a thoughtful process.

Very. I'm at the point now myself and agonizing over several groups.

Pax

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI