Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

V2.0 Install Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> V2.0 Install Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
V2.0 Install Problems - 11/8/2002 11:58:22 AM   
Mikey

Thanks for getting the update out as advertised! I downloaded the patch, and received a message saying

"Could not rename file (#2, Line 5)"

what do you suggest?
Post #: 1
- 11/8/2002 12:47:31 PM   
SoulBlazer

I got that also, but the game seems to work fine.

(in reply to Mikey)
Post #: 2
- 11/8/2002 1:05:53 PM   
Finnegan

I got the same error. Twice. I'm tempted to un-install and upgrade via True Update again, but three times in one night is....

(in reply to Mikey)
Post #: 3
- 11/8/2002 2:02:59 PM   
Finnegan

Okay, un-installed, re-installed, and the same error.

"Could not rename file (#2, Line 5)"

Seems to run okay so far though.

(in reply to Mikey)
Post #: 4
- 11/8/2002 2:38:05 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

I fixed this issue. There is no reason to redownload the install. Enjoy the game.

(in reply to Mikey)
Post #: 5
- 11/8/2002 7:40:43 PM   
Finnegan

Thanks Gentlemen. Seems to run fine.

(in reply to Mikey)
Post #: 6
- 11/9/2002 10:22:17 AM   
CommC

What do you mean "fixed this issue". I got the this same error and the game then seemed to run fine but I started up the Coral Sea scenario and it ran fine but when it came the last day of the scenario, the game didn't end but kept on going. Now I can't get the scenario to end, even though its well past the end date.

Any ideas? I'm rebooting and will try again.

(in reply to Mikey)
Post #: 7
- 11/9/2002 11:38:30 AM   
Finnegan

I looked at that scenario in the editor CommC, and in the campaign data it is showing that the scenario will run for 610 turns. Guess that explains it, and from what I have read, that isn't one of the slots that we can modify safely because of hard coded data specific to that scenario.

The next scenario, the Eastern Solomons campaign, also runs for 610 turns when it should run for 10.

There might be a work around for this if you have a little bit of time and patience. If you save the Coral Sea campaign as scenario 23 for example, and change the number of turns to 14, you could then cut and paste the relevant scenario 23 files to a temp folder, rename them in this case to cam001.dat, scen001.cmt, etc. Paste them back into the UV scen folder and you should then have a corrected scenario that preserves the relevant hard coded data.

I used to do this for scenario 19 because that slot was hard coded to give the Japanese higher aircraft replacements and it seemed to work fine. As always, if you choose to mess with things, BACK UP THE ORIGINAL FILES.

(in reply to Mikey)
Post #: 8
- 11/9/2002 12:29:03 PM   
CommC

Well, Coral Sea not ending after 14 turns is repeatable. It ended just fine in v1.4.... what happened in v2.0?

I am not going to edit the scenario to fix it. I expect Matrix/2by3 to fix this and release a new patch.

Has anyone else seen the same thing? Are all the scenarios broken like this?

This should probably be bumped to a new thread.

(in reply to Mikey)
Post #: 9
- 11/10/2002 2:58:49 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CommC
[B]Well, Coral Sea not ending after 14 turns is repeatable. It ended just fine in v1.4.... what happened in v2.0?

I am not going to edit the scenario to fix it. I expect Matrix/2by3 to fix this and release a new patch.

Has anyone else seen the same thing? Are all the scenarios broken like this?

This should probably be bumped to a new thread. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes we are going to fix this. It wont be tonight. ;) But soon ok.

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to Mikey)
Post #: 10
TrueUpdate broken after v2.0 patch applied - 11/13/2002 10:46:25 PM   
PRchrdsn

An earlier post in the regular forum mentioned that the TrueUpdate function no longer worked AFTER applying the v2.0 update. I have found this to be true for me also, and posted my install problem to the regular forum in the same thread (can't remember right now which thread). I haven't seen a response on the other forum to either post, so I am moving it to this forum in hopes of getting a response.

It appears that the patch couldn't replace start.exe while executing, so it said to choose cancel to replace on next reboot. start.exe is the app with the TrueUpdate link, and it appears that the new app has the TrueUpdate link associated with a file called TrueUpdate.exe, which is nowhere to be found on my hard drive. The actual program was updated to version 2.00 and appears to run fine, but what's up with TrueUpdate?

I found a program in the installation folder (default) that is called Update_UV.exe. This program is the updater, at least the one that I have been familiar with when choosing TrueUpdater from the Game Menu. It works in conjunction with the Settings.ini file to determine which is the latest installation. The Settings.ini file was not updated by the installation of v2.00. If I manually edit the settings.ini file, then it acts okay, but I suspect that the TrueUpdate.exe file is supposed to check the registry to determine the currently installed version. I suspect that the patch either did not contain the TrueUpdate.exe file, or that it failed to install it. Any answers to this?

(in reply to Mikey)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> V2.0 Install Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI