Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awards and limited strengthening

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support >> Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awards and limited strengthening Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awards ... - 1/23/2012 4:39:05 PM   
RPKUPK

Once again in the new version of Panzer Corps when units get awards--initiative, attack, defense, etc., one cannot tell afterwards which unit has what increased capabilities. When one right clicks on a unit the values should reflect that. Consider adding some marker on the unit to reflect that! This should be fixed!!!
Next, I've played through the Campaigns, '39, '40, '41, and there is a unit strength limitation on the units no matter how well they perform, yet there are many enemy units at higher numbers--14's and 15s. The maximum unit strength is 13. This should be fixed!!!
Once again that annoying glitch that prevents you from deselecting an air unit--you have to move the mouse cursor to the game edge to click there and deselect the unit. Fix!
Post #: 1
RE: Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awa... - 1/25/2012 10:26:19 PM   
goodwoodrw

Unit strengths have been mention before. I think in all the campaigns the Russian front is the only one that unit strength of 14 and 15 are seen. I think LZ gave explanation that they are Russian conscripts. If memory serves me correct they seem to be easily defeated.

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to RPKUPK)
Post #: 2
RE: Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awa... - 2/6/2012 11:42:18 AM   
El Condoro

Right click away from a unit to deselect.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 3
RE: Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awa... - 2/7/2012 4:17:06 AM   
KerenskyLI

Maximum unit strength is tied directly to unit experience. 1 Star unit has a max of 11, 2 star max is 12, and so on. The Soviet units, however, don't follow the same rules. The conscript infantry is the primary example of over-strengthed units that do not match their experience rating, and the DLC campaigns have only brought more of these over-strength soviet units to the battlefield.

As has been mentioned, they are typically pretty easily defeated though, as they are generally low quality units with low experience.

As for hero representation, it has been a sore point for a long time, hopefully in a future patch (or expansion) we'll get around to addressing it.

(in reply to El Condoro)
Post #: 4
RE: Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awa... - 2/20/2012 9:07:22 PM   
4key

Name your unit. There's plenty of historical examples to choose from.

For myself, so I don't name my tank "Spot", I'll frequently save and replay a units attack until I get the bonus I want.

(in reply to KerenskyLI)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support >> Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awards and limited strengthening Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI