Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Do you have the time?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Do you have the time? Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Do you have the time? - 2/17/2012 8:43:17 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Well, firstly I would take the TIME to find out why you feel you don't have the TIME to talk about the TIME; do you have a TIME management issue? Is the real issue that you cannot tell the TIME? I will take Some TIME out to find what the issue is but feel certain that all will become apparent in the fullness of TIME.

Do you really think I would mislead you, or anyone?? There was a TIME when I tried to learn to tell TIME. But those were during my college days and there was never enough TIME to study for the TIME class.

SO, WHAT IS THE FREAKING TIME? I need to set the TIME on my DVR, PC and CLOCK in order to know what TIME it is. But I need the TIME right now, not some time in the future when you post a reply.

TIME!

Very good Orm. That little link earns you 100lbs of Cashew Brittle.

Cashew Brittle??? Sounds fake. Is that some kind of poison?
Warspite1

Er - see post 388 re the flippin rules of the thread and the lack of word TIME!!!!!!!!

I decide the rules. Steiner has released that responsibility to me. Therefore I do not have to follow the rules but you have to follow them.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 391
RE: Do you have the time? - 2/17/2012 9:08:54 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Well, firstly I would take the TIME to find out why you feel you don't have the TIME to talk about the TIME; do you have a TIME management issue? Is the real issue that you cannot tell the TIME? I will take Some TIME out to find what the issue is but feel certain that all will become apparent in the fullness of TIME.

Do you really think I would mislead you, or anyone?? There was a TIME when I tried to learn to tell TIME. But those were during my college days and there was never enough TIME to study for the TIME class.

SO, WHAT IS THE FREAKING TIME? I need to set the TIME on my DVR, PC and CLOCK in order to know what TIME it is. But I need the TIME right now, not some time in the future when you post a reply.

TIME!

Warspite1

Er - see post 388 re the flippin rules of the thread and the lack of word TIME!!!!!!!!

I decide the rules. Steiner has released that responsibility to me. Therefore I do not have to follow the rules but you have to follow them.

Warspite1

Please see post 224

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 392
RE: Do you have the time? - 2/17/2012 9:31:12 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

TIME!

Warspite1

Warspite1

Please see post 224

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH

For the last time, the rules do not apply to the thread starter.

To wit, from Stephen Ambrose's The Forum's Standards of Good Practice, 1999 - "It was then decided by the Galactic Forum Rules Committee that 'due to the complex nature of a threat starter's job in maintaining control and enforcing the paramount rule that all posts must contain some reference to the original thread topic' said thread starter shall not be bound by the aforementioned rule of referencing the thread topic. The thread starter, intra vires, shall be the soul authority within the thread..."

Further, said Ambrose "...thread starter shall inform any poster that ignoratio elenchi shall be no EXCUSE for ignoring standard practices..."

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 393
RE: Do you have the time? - 2/17/2012 9:43:18 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

TIME!

Warspite1

Warspite1

Please see post 224

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH

For the last time, the rules do not apply to the thread starter.

To wit, from Stephen Ambrose's The Forum's Standards of Good Practice, 1999 - "It was then decided by the Galactic Forum Rules Committee that 'due to the complex nature of a threat starter's job in maintaining control and enforcing the paramount rule that all posts must contain some reference to the original thread topic' said thread starter shall not be bound by the aforementioned rule of referencing the thread topic. The thread starter, intra vires, shall be the soul authority within the thread..."

Further, said Ambrose "...thread starter shall inform any poster that ignoratio elenchi shall be no EXCUSE for ignoring standard practices..."

Warspite1

The use of de facto latin in your post makes the content - mutatis mutandis - no more conclusive in its conclusions. Indeed I believe you have acted ultra vires your duty as threadstarter and have exceeded your authoritah. As Franklin sang in his 1996 hit song, Threadstarter:

I'm the trouble starter, punking instigator.
I'm the fear addicted, danger illustrated.
I'm a threadstarter, twisted threadstarter,
you're the threadstarter, twisted threadstarter.
I'm the b**** you hated, filth infatuated.
Yeah, I'm the pain you tasted, fell intoxicated
I'm the self-inflicted, punk detonator.
Yeah, I'm the one invented, twisted animator.
starter... starter... starter...

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 394
RE: Do you have the time? - 2/17/2012 9:55:24 PM   
parusski

quote:

Warspite1

The use of de facto latin in your post makes the content - mutatis mutandis - no more conclusive in its conclusions. Indeed I believe you have acted ultra vires your duty as threadstarter and have exceeded your authoritah. As Franklin sang in his 1996 hit song, Threadstarter:

I never thought you would stoop to heresy against the great white Ambrose.

THUS:

MY RESPONSE TO WARSPITE'S FAILURE TO FOLLOW RULES

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 395
RE: Do you have the time? - 2/17/2012 10:02:14 PM   
warspite1

Anyway, who is Ignoratio elenchi? Is she an Italian actress, Mussolini's lover, the AC Milan no.9 or what?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 396
RE: Do you have the time? - 2/18/2012 12:59:52 AM   
parusski

quote:

Anyway, who is Ignoratio elenchi? Is she an Italian actress, Mussolini's lover, the AC Milan no.9 or what?

Yes, she starred in Roberto Benigni's "Peanut Brittle in the Sun". She was loverly.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 397
RE: Do you have the time? - 2/18/2012 7:35:51 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Yes, she starred in Roberto Benigni's "Peanut Brittle in the Sun". She was loverly.
Warspite1

I heard that's a good film but I've never had the Time to watch it all the way through. Pop Quiz: What was unique about this film? Clue: Think Oscars.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 398
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/2/2012 8:45:52 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

I heard that's a good film but I've never had the Time to watch it all the way through. Pop Quiz: What was unique about this film? Clue: Think Oscars.

Warspite1

I've just realised that no one answered this.....

Anyway, if I may make so bold, could I enquire if anyone has the time?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 399
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/2/2012 8:48:36 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

What a welcome return to one of my all-TIME favorite threads. UUUHHH, what's the question??

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 400
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/2/2012 8:55:04 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

What a welcome return to one of my all-TIME favorite threads. UUUHHH, what's the question??
Warspite1

A quelle heures et il sil vous plait?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 401
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/2/2012 9:19:43 PM   
parusski

quote:

Warspite1

At THIS moment the TIME is 1419, uh 1419:11, uh 1419:15

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 402
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/2/2012 9:24:34 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Roger that Steiner me ol' China.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 403
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/2/2012 9:40:29 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Roger that Steiner me ol' China.

Would you like corn with your order this TIME.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 404
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/2/2012 10:11:24 PM   
warspite1

No thanks - I take the time neat on the rocks. Hold the corn.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 405
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/2/2012 10:29:16 PM   
parusski

quote:

No thanks - I take the time neat on the rocks. Hold the corn.

LOL.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 406
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 12:43:03 AM   
Yogi the Great

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 407
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 2:26:51 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

Each time you post, Yogi the Great, I am wondering if that cute dog in your avatar picture is your dog. Maybe time will tell if it is your dog or not.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 408
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 7:35:00 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Steiner, is this still the time, or do I need my watch updated? Thanks.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 409
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 11:35:24 AM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

quote:

Each time you post, Yogi the Great, I am wondering if that cute dog in your avatar picture is your dog. Maybe time will tell if it is your dog or not.

Hi Orm, I'd respond but alas I don't have the TIME. I once thought I had the TIME but my TIME was not the TIME that was needed in TIME.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 410
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 1:24:34 PM   
warspite1

They say that procrastination is the thief of time, but I'm not so sure. I think it was a set up and procrastination was actually framed. Ambrose never quite said as much but he alluded to this in his 1949 epic, "Is Time Guilty Of A Massive Miscarriage Of Justice?"

Post #: 411
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 1:33:37 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

"Is Time Guilty Of A Massive Miscarriage Of Justice?"

Yes, TIME has made me get old and that is a Massive Miscarriage Of Justice!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 412
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 1:42:01 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Gee...sorry to hear that Yogi. Maybe Ambrose was right; time may not be as innocent as it makes out.....

Post #: 413
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 2:14:03 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Gee...sorry to hear that Yogi. Maybe Ambrose was right; time may not be as innocent as it makes out.....

quote:

Hi Orm, I'd respond but alas I don't have the TIME. I once thought I had the TIME but my TIME was not the TIME that was needed in TIME.

There was a TIME when I did not appreciate TIME. In those days I had Listen to the first 1:40 for a secret message!!!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 414
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 2:18:56 PM   
warspite1

I can't play the movie

Okay I can now - but I didn't get any secret message...explain yourself corporal!

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 3/3/2012 3:47:41 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 415
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 4:09:54 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Warspite1

Steiner - next time you are on line can you please answer my question. I painted 1419, uh 1419:11, uh 1419:15 on my watch last night. I am sure the time must have changed by now??

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 416
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/3/2012 5:44:18 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Warspite1

Steiner - next time you are on line can you please answer my question. I painted 1419, uh 1419:11, uh 1419:15 on my watch last night. I am sure the time must have changed by now??

quote:

I can't play the movie

Okay I can now - but I didn't get any secret message...explain yourself corporal!

Okay, just google the song "I've got too much time on my hands" by Styx.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 417
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/8/2012 10:25:37 PM   
warspite1

I am not sure if this is the right place to enquire, but has anyone got the time please?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 418
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/8/2012 10:29:47 PM   
Orm

quote:

I am not sure if this is the right place to enquire, but has anyone got the time please?

No, I am out of time.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 419
RE: Do you have the time? - 3/8/2012 10:36:48 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

No, I am out of time.
Warspite1

Okay - thanks for checking though. If you get any more in, can you let me know please?

Thanks

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Do you have the time? Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI