Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Do you have the time?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Do you have the time? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 11:28:36 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1, how are you enjoying sharing our 'personal' two threads, PB and Time?
And how long can or will we be allowed to continue.(That was time related, hehe.)
Warspite1

I am having great fun sharing these threads - I've had a good chuckle. How long can it last? Well you want 25,000 posts and I want World peace and a knighthood, so we'll see.....

Quite, but what of the Matrix Forums moderators?? I wonder how long they will tolerate our brilliant Peanut Brittle historical discussion, our Time philosophies or our gigantic wit.
Warspite1

Why? Are we breaking forum rules m'colleague?

Damn it three times round the carpark and back in for another DAMN, we are breaking no rules. Damn Marjorie.

Warspite1

Don't talk to me about Marjorie, Steiner - Uttoxeter's not big enough for the three of us.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 91
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 11:40:20 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1, how are you enjoying sharing our 'personal' two threads, PB and Time?
And how long can or will we be allowed to continue.(That was time related, hehe.)
Warspite1

I am having great fun sharing these threads - I've had a good chuckle. How long can it last? Well you want 25,000 posts and I want World peace and a knighthood, so we'll see.....

Quite, but what of the Matrix Forums moderators?? I wonder how long they will tolerate our brilliant Peanut Brittle historical discussion, our Time philosophies or our gigantic wit.
Warspite1

Damn it three times round the carpark and back in for another DAMN, we are breaking no rules. Damn Marjorie.

Warspite1

Don't talk to me about Marjorie, Steiner - Uttoxeter's not big enough for the three of us.

"Hell, triple blast and dammit to hade's twice."

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 92
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 11:44:40 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Warspite1

"Hell, triple blast and dammit to hade's twice."

Warspite1

Well yes, exactly......I see Orm didn't stick around too long tonight. Maybe he has a life?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 93
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 11:45:54 PM   
parusski

Screech. Wrong thread.

Now for something completely the same:

A "life", what's that?

< Message edited by parusski -- 1/28/2012 11:47:06 PM >

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 94
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 11:46:44 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Robbie Coltrane will be playing the part.
Warspite1

Eh?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 95
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:32:36 AM   
Orm

quote:

Well yes, exactly......I see Orm didn't stick around too long tonight. Maybe he has a life?

No, no life. I do not have time for a life.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 96
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 12:49:45 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Yes, but no one has yet to give me the correct time.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 97
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 1:59:54 PM   
Orm

quote:

I suggest you contact International Bureau of Weights and Measures to get the correct time. I doubt that anyone else can give the correct time since they are the ones who decide what the correct time is.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 98
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 2:02:01 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

I suggest you contact International Bureau of Weights and Measures to get the correct time. I doubt that anyone else can give the correct time since they are the ones who decide what the correct time is.

Maybe, but the International Bureau of Weights and Measures has always refused to adopt use Peanut Brittle time pieces, which keep better time that the atomic clock.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 99
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 2:09:54 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe, but the International Bureau of Weights and Measures has always refused to adopt use Peanut Brittle time pieces, which keep better time that the atomic clock.

Then you are in trouble and have to manage without the correct time because the last Peanut Brittle time piece has been eaten. This because a leader of a suicide pact decided that to eat the Peanut Brittle time pieces would make all the member know when it was the right time for the mass suicide. Apparently it worked since parts of the time pieces were made of BPB and their time arrived at once...

< Message edited by Orm -- 1/29/2012 2:10:45 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 100
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 2:25:20 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

I share your frustration Steiner; are any of these the correct time?

Time (Clock of the Heart) - Culture Club
Rumors - Time(x) Social Club
Sign O The Time(s) - Prince
Fine Time - Yazz
Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
Time after Time - Cyndi Lauper
In the (Summer)time - Mungo Jerry
Do That To Me One More Time - Captain and Toenail
If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher
Good Time(s) - Chic
Big Time - Peter Gabriel

I hope one of these satisfies your needs because I am getting increasingly angry with the whole exercise. I am going to end up taking my frustration out on someone's face - and then I'll end up doing time.

Edit for appalling spelling

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 1/29/2012 2:27:31 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 101
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 2:29:13 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Then you are in trouble and have to manage without the correct time because the last Peanut Brittle time piece has been eaten. This because a leader of a suicide pact decided that to eat the Peanut Brittle time pieces would make all the member know when it was the right time for the mass suicide. Apparently it worked since parts of the time pieces were made of BPB and their time arrived at once...

You better be joking. If not, we are doomed. Why are we doomed you ask? Because humans will be immune to all man-made antibiotics by 2014 and, as noted in Ambrose's Peanut Brittle - The Only Remaining Medicine to Fight Any Disease., "...humans have been hurtling toward the day when man-made antibiotics will no longer fight off anything, including BPB madness. Core PB is known to fight off every infection in the world..."

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 102
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 3:43:37 PM   
Orm

quote:

I hope one of these satisfies your needs because I am getting increasingly angry with the whole exercise. I am going to end up taking my frustration out on someone's face - and then I'll end up doing time.

So you paint to relax. I suppose that your portraits are good since you take your time painting them.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 103
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 3:45:55 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

So you paint to relax. I suppose that your portraits are good since you take your time painting them.

But how much TIME is he taking????

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 104
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 3:46:54 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

I do not know. Maybe you should take the time and ask him.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 105
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 3:50:24 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I do not know. Maybe you should take the time and ask him.

Don't you think that if I had the time I would ask? I don't have that kinda time to waste. Sheesh.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 106
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 3:59:01 PM   
Orm

quote:

Don't you think that if I had the time I would ask? I don't have that kinda time to waste. Sheesh.

But if the time you currently have is not actually the current time but instead the current time is in fact the future time you will have spare time to use when you wait in the future time to become the current time. You can use that spare time to make time for asking him. If you time it right you will then have catched up with current time and if not time will tell.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 107
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 4:05:35 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

But if the time you currently have is not actually the current time but instead the current time is in fact the future time you will have spare time to use when you wait in the future time to become the current time. You can use that spare time to make time for asking him. If you time it right you will then have catched up with current time and if not time will tell.

How much time did you need to think about that?

Ok, if time could "tell" then I would not need to be on the Search for the Holy Time, now would I????

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 108
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 4:20:38 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

Wow, this could be a vehicle to three-thousand!

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 109
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 4:23:16 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

How much time did you need to think about that?

Ok, if time could "tell" then I would not need to be on the Search for the Holy Time, now would I????

No time worth mentioning. But the time I needed to formulate my thoughts into written english took some time.

Oh. I asumed that if you missed the Holy Time you would know that you were to late. So if the Holy Time is in the future all you have to do is wait for the time and then the time will arrive for the Holy Time to arrive. But if you have no idea when the time is right then one can asume that the time is always wrong and time will not tell then since, obviously, the time is wrong.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 110
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 4:25:25 PM   
Orm

And now, unfortunately, it is time for me to do some paperwork.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 111
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 4:27:22 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

I would like to say that time will tell if this is the vehicle for that journey. But I have recently been informed that time do not tell so I have no clue what will happen in time.

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 112
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 4:44:13 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

But I have recently been informed that time do not tell so I have no clue what will happen in time.

That reminds me of the famous Eisenhower adage, "Things have never been more like the way they are today in history."

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 113
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 5:01:11 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

But I have recently been informed that time do not tell so I have no clue what will happen in time.

That reminds me of the famous Eisenhower adage, "Things have never been more like the way they are today in history."

Warspite1

Or to put it another way, in the words of the late, but very great Stan Laurel " You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead".

Post #: 114
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 5:04:20 PM   
parusski

quote:

Oh mighty Prince I would have to be shameless to use this as a crutch to 3,000, or my real goal of 25,000.

Post #: 115
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 5:07:02 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

I would like to say that time will tell if this is the vehicle for that journey. But I have recently been informed that time do not tell so I have no clue what will happen in time.

You are a defacto member of this march to my greatness, along with warspite1, Terminus and now Prince of Eckmühl.

If future time arrives on time then I might complete my quest for time. But if I do not know what time future time arrives then, well...

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 116
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 5:08:15 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Or to put it another way, in the words of the late, but very great Stan Laurel " You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead".

warspite1, I appreciate all input, but you must stay on topic. What time during his life did Stan Laurel say that?????

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 117
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 5:41:33 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

warspite1, I appreciate all input, but you must stay on topic. What time during his life did Stan Laurel say that?????
Warspite1

I believe it was from the 1930 Laurel and Hardy film Brats. As for the time he said it - you will be less than surprised to learn I do not have a flippin clue.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 118
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 5:43:14 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

I believe it was from the 1930 Laurel and Hardy film Brats. As for the time he said it - you will be less than surprised to learn I do not have a flippin clue.

Interesting hypothesis. I am very surprised you do not know, I thought you knew everything.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 119
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 5:46:43 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Interesting hypothesis. I am very surprised you do not know, I thought you knew everything.
Warspite1

Whilst I admit that I have the brain the size of a planet, said planet is pluto, looked at from a telescope held the wrong way around, on a cloudy night. My brain cannot match that of yours Steiner, nor indeed the great Ambrose himself alas.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Do you have the time? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI