Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 4,000 Posts

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: 4,000 Posts Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/9/2012 1:04:05 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

AMEN to that.

Not bad parusski, but you're not there yet.

This is the sort of thing that I'm talking about:

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Donne

Jesus wept.

In short, you've got to wrassle with them words, parusski, wrassle 'em like they was a bear! And until you get your word-count under control, you'll never be anything but a pretender to the crown, an unintended consort to "the Grand Old Lady." It's the only way there, fella, and 40K is at the end of the journey. Make us proud.

K

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 61
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/9/2012 1:21:08 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

K

Excellent.

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 62
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/9/2012 1:23:24 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

K

Excellent.

Mmm.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Post #: 63
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/10/2012 11:16:18 PM   
parusski

Warpsite1 everybody is counting on you to reach 5000 by the end of February.

Post #: 64
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/11/2012 4:17:41 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

Thanks Dr Rumack

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 65
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 7:51:26 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

I have often wondered what are peoples favourite Element. In particular I would like to know why that is, and also what symbol is used to denote said element. This could be a fascinating discussion topic n'est pas?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 66
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 7:53:29 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

I have often wondered what are peoples favourite Element. In particular I would like to know why that is, and also what symbol is used to denote said element. This could be a fascinating discussion topic n'est pas?

Maybe, but as gunhawk said, paraphrasing here, "who cares about anyone's 'favorite anything'.

So maybe their least favorite element?? Either way I will work diligently to artificially inflate your post count. We need to get you to 4110 quickly.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 67
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 7:56:44 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Maybe, but as gunhawk said, paraphrasing here, "who cares about anyone's 'favorite anything'.

So maybe their least favorite element?? Either way I will work diligently to artificially inflate your post count. We need to get you to 4110 quickly.
Warspite1

I am not looking to artificially inflate my post count - that is scurrilous sir. How very dare you!

I am simply looking for great stories and meaningful insight into the wonderful world of the Periodic Table.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 68
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 8:06:49 PM   
parusski

quote:

I am simply looking for great stories and meaningful insight into the wonderful world of the Periodic Table.

Yeah. Also stories about TPT would be inspirational and maybe profitable to us.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 69
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 8:09:42 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Well I know its a subject dear to your heart (as proven with post 61) you are clearly attracted to Potassium are you not?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 70
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 8:17:12 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Well I know its a subject dear to your heart (as proven with post 61) you are clearly attracted to Potassium are you not?

LOL, great catch.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 71
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 8:24:18 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

LOL, great catch.
Warspite1

I thought you would appreciate that one - I really PB'd you along there

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 72
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:02:10 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

LOL, great catch.
Warspite1

I thought you would appreciate that one - I really PB'd you along there
Warspite1

Well this isn't going too well is it? No response. I know, I'll try something to kick start the thread; What do people think of Sodium? A useful element or a little bit overrated?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 73
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:06:15 PM   
parusski

quote:

Well this isn't going too well is it? No response. I know, I'll try something to kick start the thread; What do people think of Sodium? A useful element or a little bit overrated?

It's okay W. Look how few people participate in our other high-brow threads. They have no taste.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 74
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:09:45 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

It's okay W. Look how few people participate in our other high-brow threads. They have no taste.
Warspite1

Yes I know - I think I just need the right catalyst; like water on magnesium.

I know, who would like to say a few words on the Inert Gases?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 75
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:13:10 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Well I have gas at the moment. Will that do?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 76
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:17:52 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Erm, thanks Steiner, although I was kind of hoping for something along the lines of:

The noble, a.k.a the Inert, gases are a group of chemical elements with very similar properties: under standard conditions, they are all odorless, colorless, monatomic gases, with very low chemical reactivity. The six noble gases that occur naturally are helium (He), neon (Ne), argon (Ar), krypton (Kr), xenon (Xe), and the radioactive radon (Rn).

For the first six periods of the periodic table, the noble gases are exactly the members of group 18 of the periodic table. However, this no longer holds in the seventh period (due to relativistic effects): the next member of group 18, ununoctium, is probably not a noble gas. Instead, group 14 member ununquadium exhibits noble-gas-like properties.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 77
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:19:03 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Erm, thanks Steiner, although I was kind of hoping for something along the lines of:

The noble, a.k.a the Inert, gases are a group of chemical elements with very similar properties: under standard conditions, they are all odorless, colorless, monatomic gases, with very low chemical reactivity. The six noble gases that occur naturally are helium (He), neon (Ne), argon (Ar), krypton (Kr), xenon (Xe), and the radioactive radon (Rn).

For the first six periods of the periodic table, the noble gases are exactly the members of group 18 of the periodic table. However, this no longer holds in the seventh period (due to relativistic effects): the next member of group 18, ununoctium, is probably not a noble gas. Instead, group 14 member ununquadium exhibits noble-gas-like properties.

Oh well, the Pepcid worked. Give me some time to over this gas attack and I will quote some Ambrose on this subject.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 78
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:23:00 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Oh well, the Pepcid worked. Give me some time to over this gas attack and I will quote some Ambrose on this subject.
Warspite1

Great, that would be good - its definitely time to hitch the intellectual output of this thread up a notch or two. Ambrose will do just right. Ambrose knew soo much about Peanut Brittle, but if anything he knew even more about The Periodic Table .

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 79
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:25:21 PM   
parusski

quote:

Warspite1

Great, that would be good - its definitely time to hitch the intellectual output of this thread up a notch or two. Ambrose will do just right. Ambrose knew soo much about Peanut Brittle, but if anything he knew even more about The Periodic Table .

How right you are on all aspects of that post.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 80
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:29:47 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

I will leave you to research in your own good time, but I have no doubt as part of your study you will be using, Ambroses' 1959 magnum opus: The Periodic Table and how I know even more about this than peanut brittle - Wang Publishing.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 81
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:49:40 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

I will leave you to research in your own good time, but I have no doubt as part of your study you will be using, Ambroses' 1959 magnum opus: The Periodic Table and how I know even more about this than peanut brittle - Wang Publishing.

I may be using Ambrose's The Real Periodic Table and What it is Actually Filled With, LNG DONG Publishers.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 82
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 9:53:43 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

I may be using Ambrose's The Real Periodic Table and What it is Actually Filled With, LNG DONG Publishers.
Warspite1

Cooooool

I didn't think his work was as good once he left for LNG DONG. Even Ambrose admitted that he was never treated as well at the latter and that what marked his time with his first publishers out was, as he himself put it: "I liked the people there, after all, Wang care".

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 83
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 10:18:10 PM   
parusski

quote:

Wang care"

RLMAO.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 84
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/12/2012 10:22:35 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Wang care"

RLMAO.

Warspite1

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 85
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/13/2012 7:02:03 PM   
warspite1

Steiner - any news on the Ambrose / Periodic Table situation?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 86
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/13/2012 8:39:05 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wang care"

RLMAO.

Warspite1

So what is your target date to hit 76,119 posts?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 87
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/13/2012 9:08:27 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wang care"

RLMAO.

Warspite1

Warspite1

Well I'm currently on 4,163, so I estimate in about six hours from now.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 88
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/13/2012 9:18:16 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wang care"

RLMAO.

Warspite1

Warspite1

Well I'm currently on 4,163, so I estimate in about six hours from now.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 89
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/13/2012 10:04:16 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Warspite1

One of Ambroses' more intriguing claims can be found in his 1954 best-seller, Periodic Table: The Early Years. Ambrose claims that the first reference to the Periodic Table in history was in 5th/6th century England. Says Ambrose:

Unlike what legend would have us believe, The court of King Arthur featured the Kinghts of the Periodic Table. That Round Table nonesense was just, well nonesense according to Ambrose. Intriguing stuff......

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: 4,000 Posts Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI