Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Combining LCU's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Combining LCU's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Combining LCU's - 2/11/2012 3:24:45 PM   
NAVLT66

I have all 3 components of the 1st Mar Div in the same hex and would like to combine them into the Division. However the the Combine Units button isn't available. What do I need to do to combine the units?
Post #: 1
RE: Combining LCU's - 2/11/2012 3:28:33 PM   
sanderz

i think they all need to be in the same command/hq and in combat mode

(in reply to NAVLT66)
Post #: 2
RE: Combining LCU's - 2/11/2012 4:18:37 PM   
castor troy

what sanderz said, same command and same op mode, independent if combat, move or strat, just all the same. And they all have to have the same equipment. E.g. you can't recombine three aussie bgd if one of them got militia squads and the other two got cmf inf squads

< Message edited by castor troy -- 2/11/2012 4:19:50 PM >

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 3
RE: Combining LCU's - 2/12/2012 4:00:45 AM   
Steve Sv

I believe that the components also need to me at the same location within the hex as well. In other words one of the sub units cannot have moved, say, 15 miles towards another hex while the others have not.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 4
RE: Combining LCU's - 2/12/2012 4:10:55 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Sv

I believe that the components also need to me at the same location within the hex as well. In other words one of the sub units cannot have moved, say, 15 miles towards another hex while the others have not.

The units remain in the hex until all the miles have been travelled then they are deposited in the next hex.

Alfred

(in reply to Steve Sv)
Post #: 5
RE: Combining LCU's - 2/15/2012 12:28:16 PM   
Powloon

If you have the latest beta version of the game the interface gives some clues as to why you cannot recombine (for all the reasons laid out above)

If you look at the TOE of a unit and it has two ** against the element I believe this means that this element is causing a unit to not recombine.

Also if you look at the OOB button on the unit screen there are pointers as to why you cannot recombine ie Op Mode; HQ etc

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 6
RE: Combining LCU's - 2/15/2012 3:23:25 PM   
crsutton

First I would look at the AT guns. These units upgrade from the 37mm to the 57mm. If you did not have enough devices in the pool then perhaps you have a mismatch of guns. For the Americans, I find the AT guns to be the most problematical, for Chinese and Commonwealth units everything is problematical since production rates are so low.

With the new patch you can "stockpile" devices which will prevent units from upgrading prematurely. So, you can now upgrade squads-if you have enough but keep a particular device stockpiled until you have enough to upgrade all elements. This is very useful.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Powloon)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Combining LCU's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI