Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italian Fighters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> The War Room >> Italian Fighters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italian Fighters - 2/21/2012 1:29:58 AM   
CarnageINC

Okay, in my spare time I've been going over the Axis production. I'm focusing on Italian fighters first. I count that they have 12 fighter/night-fighter types. If I have a typo or forget something please note. I want to be able to streamline production to mass produce as many useful fighters as possible.

Next I went over what was in production, thanks to Tuk's spreadsheet . There are 5 fighters in production: Re.2005, MC.202, MC.205, G.55, G.56. I'm going to focus on only 4 of these fighters, the G.56 doesn't appear until Jan. 45, so I don't really see the need to warrant focusing on speeding up the appearance IMO.

G.55 seems to be the best of the four so I will keep it in production. The Re.2005, MC.202 and MC.205 all have similar alt. (37k). MC.202 is slower, less maneuverability and has less durability of the three. So I'm cutting off building the 202. That leaves the Re.2005 and MC.205. Looking at the stats the Re.2005 is better fighter in all the categories. So I'm also ditching the 205 also.

That leaves G.55 and Re.2005 for the Italians fly, does this seem like a logical conclusion? Is there anything that I missed or overlooked in my research. Is it even possible, in the time constraints, to get production to assist these guys?

Post #: 1
RE: Italian Fighters - 2/21/2012 2:39:02 AM   
CarnageINC

Hit a stumbling block already.  I'm starting to realize that this is going to be a fine balancing act.  If I keep Italian fighter production strictly in Italy I can only produce 10 Fiat engines, which, thankfully, the Re.2005 and G.55 both use.  However I can only produce 5 fighters since each fighter require 2 engines to produce. 

I need some advice on this.  I haven't quite figured out what I need to produce all the fighters that I want.  I don't think Italian fighter commitment is high on the list but should I produce more Fiat engines out of country?  I was thinking the IAR engines would good candidate.  I defiantly don't think switching over German engines would be a good idea.  So should I live with this short coming.  If so, should I use the over-building of Italian airframes to making German ones?

Thanks for any advice a head of time .

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 2
RE: Italian Fighters - 2/21/2012 7:07:23 PM   
john_txic

Isn't it annoying that the pilots all have Luftwaffe ranks...

The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 3
RE: Italian Fighters - 2/26/2012 12:15:38 PM   
pharmy

The Reggiane is your highest speed interceptor, the G55 your highest altitude. Both are excellent for the Stabs, they can intercept recons much more effectively. The Reggiane if produced in quantity also makes a decent typhoon killer, as you won't be able to catch them with your regular models. Overall just historical accuracy prevents you from using them in those roles on the western front. And you can start with a decent pool if you pool them out of southern Italy (replace the Italian squads with other planes). Strictly anti-recon/anti-fighter or FB though, no use against bombers

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 4
RE: Italian Fighters - 4/27/2012 12:23:49 PM   
cohimbra

quote:

ORIGINAL: CarnageINC
That leaves G.55 and Re.2005 for the Italians fly, does this seem like a logical conclusion? Is there anything that I missed or overlooked in my research. Is it even possible, in the time constraints, to get production to assist these guys?

If we consider the technical specifications it seems that the G.55 and re.2005
are the best fighters (I had the same idea), but in battle it appears that you
obtain the best performance with the MC.205, robust and lethal (though it may
be robust and lethal an italian fighter against the allies ones).
The Re.2005 are fast, but is a paper airplane; the G.55 is a little better but
does not reach the performance of the MC.205. My suggestion is to focus on the
model MC.205 (Macchi Parts & 2xFiat Engines).

< Message edited by cohimbra -- 5/7/2012 1:43:20 PM >

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> The War Room >> Italian Fighters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI