Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why do they hate me?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Why do they hate me? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why do they hate me? - 3/6/2012 3:04:18 AM   
Dracus

Why does the entire universe hate me? Can't they understand that I am only trying to help them by adding rocks to thier planets, That the star alliance has thier greater interest at heart when my troops march through thier cities. You would think they would rejoice and willingly line up for manual labor in those mines, but no they rather complain and not pay the small administrative fees to cover the cost of the wonderful changes we bring to thier worlds.

The star alliance brings them steady work, a chance to move to another world, and we even offer a great retirement plan. It is so hard to show the love we have of all other races at times.

< Message edited by Dracus -- 3/6/2012 3:24:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/6/2012 12:13:54 PM   
w1p

ungrateful bastards

:)

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 2
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/7/2012 2:58:50 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dracus
Why does the entire universe hate me? Can't they understand that I am only trying to help them by adding rocks to thier planets, That the star alliance has thier greater interest at heart when my troops march through thier cities. You would think they would rejoice and willingly line up for manual labor in those mines, but no they rather complain and not pay the small administrative fees to cover the cost of the wonderful changes we bring to thier worlds.

The star alliance brings them steady work, a chance to move to another world, and we even offer a great retirement plan. It is so hard to show the love we have of all other races at times.

I think you have the same problem as some of the other great philanthropists... Antiochus Ephipanes, Julius Caesar, Atila the Hun...
I was about to add Data, but his philanthropy extends to Romulan ale raids...

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 3/7/2012 3:00:36 AM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 3
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/7/2012 3:36:16 PM   
Data

Igard, as the sole beneficiary of my philanthropy, is the only one entitled to add me to this list.....I hope he doesn't read this.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 4
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/7/2012 3:42:26 PM   
Igard

*Adds Data to the list*

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/7/2012 9:07:23 PM   
scotten_usa

I was going to start a new thread about reputation. I'm playing a game at medium difficulty (I think) as the Dhayuts and everyone hates on me. The Boskara are so jealous of me that eventually they start a war. I check my empire info partway through this war (started by them), and my reputation is down to something like "Evil" or "Ugly".

I didn't start the war, so why did my reputation drop so much?

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 6
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/7/2012 10:37:01 PM   
tjhkkr

Maybe we can ask Elliot or Erik to comment on what factors effect reputation.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to scotten_usa)
Post #: 7
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/7/2012 10:38:59 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data
Igard, as the sole beneficiary of my philanthropy, is the only one entitled to add me to this list.....I hope he doesn't read this.

Well, IGard may be the only one entitled to add you to the list, but my troops are kind of interested as to why you hit a class 1 tug with diapers...
The intelligence guys have been going over this, and over this, and over this... and they are stumped...

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 8
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/8/2012 1:34:16 AM   
tjhkkr

At least you are still in one piece in your game... look what happened to me...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 9
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/8/2012 3:52:51 PM   
Data

LOL, good one TJ

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 10
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/8/2012 9:44:10 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I think you have the same problem as some of the other great philanthropists... Antiochus Ephipanes, Julius Caesar, Atila the Hun...
I was about to add Data, but his philanthropy extends to Romulan ale raids...

Don't forget Genghis Khan's improvements to the environment.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 11
RE: Why do they hate me? - 3/9/2012 12:46:40 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

I think you have the same problem as some of the other great philanthropists... Antiochus Ephipanes, Julius Caesar, Atilla the Hun, Ghengis Khan...

Problem solved. :)

I ahve probably missed one or two other philanthropists...

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Why do they hate me? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI