Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 3/29/2018 9:26:29 PM   
Agathosdaimon

i am fine with the halo now - i guess being that the drivers seem to be able to drive fine with it, i doubt they would move to glass because that is less opportunity for future advertising space

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1201
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 4/7/2018 6:08:17 AM   
warspite1

I get the feeling already its going to be one of those seasons for poor Lewis.....

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 1202
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 4/9/2018 3:11:57 PM   
Poopyhead

Coultard told Sepp that statistically, no driver who won the first two races has lost the championship since 1982. However, even Sepp admitted that Ferrari won the first race by luck and mentioned that his tires were shot for the last 10 laps yesterday. I don't believe that Mercedes is going to swap out Lewis' gearbox before every race. Ferrari will eventually have to compete evenly with Hammer Time. However, it is a great rivalry to see who gets Championship #5.

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1203
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 4/15/2018 5:15:34 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

Coultard told Sepp that statistically, no driver who won the first two races has lost the championship since 1982. However, even Sepp admitted that Ferrari won the first race by luck and mentioned that his tires were shot for the last 10 laps yesterday. I don't believe that Mercedes is going to swap out Lewis' gearbox before every race. Ferrari will eventually have to compete evenly with Hammer Time. However, it is a great rivalry to see who gets Championship #5.
warspite1

A strange race. Ferrari seemingly well ahead of Mercedes all weekend but then get caught out on the under-cut to hand Mercedes seemingly certain victory (Bottas) only for another safety car incident that cost the German marque victory for the second time in three races.

Then there is Verstappen.....

Great win for Riciardo - if Lewis can't win then I hope this guy can. Great personality and perhaps the finest over-taker out there.

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1204
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 4/16/2018 9:38:27 AM   
Agathosdaimon

Ricciardo's win was amazing! already one of my favorite drivers - though i like alot of the teams - all the cars have such gorgeous livery too i think. next up Baku, the veritable demolition derby that it can be, will it be Ricciardo there again? I wish i could have seen the race live last year there, just watching the replays from it and it was nuts - where vettel deliberately knocked hamilton- seems a bit unsportsmanlike yet at the same time it is great for the entertainment-theatrical pomp and circumstance that F1 has about it too

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1205
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 4/16/2018 1:54:30 PM   
Poopyhead

Strategy rules this season. In Australia, Ferrari just out-smarted Mercedes' algorithm. In Bahrain, Sepp gambled on his tires making it to the end, but I am sure that the Belgium GP was on his mind, where his Pirellis turned into pin-wheels. Yesterday, the battling strategies left a window open for Red Bull to steal the show on fresher tires. It was interesting/amazing that Lewis radioed in the clear before the start that his tires did not look like they could do the one stopper strategy. Who should call the shot, the algorithm or the driver? We have a saying in the Army, "An intelligent man can only spell experience." On to Baku.

Will Putin sabotage the U.S. team, Haas?
:)

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.

Post #: 1206
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 4/16/2018 10:17:05 PM   
Agathosdaimon

well is there a spread of this across the teams? that is, some teams are ruling by strategy and others may have more initiative and decision making afforded to their to drivers? - that is itself a kind of classic, even philosophical tension - makes me think of the old generalised summary of the difference between Soviet and Nato military doctrine -at least going by what my weighty manual for M1 Tank Platoon 2 and the novel Team Yankee described

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1207
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 4/17/2018 3:03:58 PM   
Poopyhead

We have an axiom in the Army, "If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you did something terribly wrong." The teams push every rule, every pit stop, every safety car deployed to figure out a strategic advantage. However, the teams don't get a penny if they win the driver's championship and neither does the driver directly. The constructor's championship is where the team thoughts are. Kimi suspiciously slowed down in the race, perhaps in an effort to block for Vettel. Maybe Ferrari do want to give Sepp every chance to win #5. He really ran a risk of running his tires off in Bahrain and scoring zip. He gambled and won. The fans want to see the drivers go for the win every time. That's what they like about Verstappen. The rivalry between Lauda and Hunt portrayed in the film "Rush" dealt with this aspect of the sport as a sort of Spock vs Kirk clash of competing philosophies. If Elon Musk ever automates the F1 race cars, then no one would watch. Everyone connected to the team pushes it to the limit. I just don't care for a strategy that seems to favor points and not the driver. Mercedes should have pit Lewis and trusted him to go for it on fresh tires.

Post #: 1208
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 4/17/2018 11:10:10 PM   
Agathosdaimon

hopefully they will see the error of their ways, i am sure Hamilton wont like to be stuck following a faulty strategy if it is repeated. The Spock vs Kirk analogy is good - its an essential opposition all throughout our culture and history - even perhaps at the heart of our being human -having the means to solve whatever problem comes our way, but unable to really ever prepare for the unknown - and both overpreparing and underpreparing have pros and cons.

That movie Rush was great, i really liked the portrayal of the two competing personalities, Daniel Bruehl was so good as Lauda and I liked how it was all shot, the colours and angles just had such a photographic quality to them like the images i would see in Grand Prix annual books when i was young. it was good to see recognisable features of the tracks too (even if that part is no doubt cgi)

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1209
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/13/2018 5:12:54 PM   
warspite1

.....motor racing on the other hand is a fantastic sport and I've always said this

Post #: 1210
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/23/2018 11:57:43 PM   
Agathosdaimon

i am looking forward to catching some of the monaco race coming up, hoping to see better fortunes for Ricciardo once again

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1211
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/24/2018 2:05:32 PM   
Poopyhead

As if Danny had read your post:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/5/fp1--ricciardo-leads-red-bull-one-two.html

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/5/ricciardo-has-sights-set-on-monaco-pole.html

His nick-name is honey badger, which are very aggressive down under.

< Message edited by Poopyhead -- 5/24/2018 2:09:44 PM >

Post #: 1212
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/27/2018 10:27:42 AM   
warspite1

Danny Ric looks incredible around the principality But what has happened to Verstappen this season? I guess most top drivers have their annus horriblis and this is his.

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1213
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/27/2018 12:20:43 PM   
Orm

He said annus... fnarr, fnarr.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1214
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/27/2018 4:08:27 PM   
Poopyhead

Incredible job by Danny after his engine problem. The Ferrari and Mercedes teams were locked in to the one stopper strategy and nursed their tires rather than race for the lead. The announcer nailed it when he commented that Ricciardo was like a wounded animal being chased by vegetarians.

Canada was 68 laps worth of yawning as the teams nursed their tires. Pirelli should make tires that allow the racers to, well gee, race.

< Message edited by Poopyhead -- 6/11/2018 3:44:44 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1215
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 6/29/2018 5:11:08 AM   
warspite1

Poor result for Lewis at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, a track he's pretty much made his own since since his debut there in 2007. Good to see him bounce back in France. Now its two more races in quick succession - a key time in the championship me thinks....

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1216
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 6/29/2018 1:54:06 PM   
Agathosdaimon

on to Spielberg - probably one of my favorite of all tracks

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1217
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 7/1/2018 4:56:38 PM   
warspite1

Great... another error from Vettel and he gets away with it and more....

Post #: 1218
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 7/2/2018 1:16:13 PM   
Poopyhead

Great win for Verstappen. If you're going to win, do it at Red Bull's home in front of 35k Dutchmen.

So, anyone know when was the last time that the lead changed 4 times?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1219
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 7/3/2018 3:17:40 AM   
Agathosdaimon

great win for verstappen and a great race overall - so many unexpected mechanical failures and overtakes and drama on the team radios - Hamilton and Bottas must have been overcome with anger at their breakdowns surely, i dont think i have yet seen any interviews from them post race.
Does such a large dutch crowd normally come to F1 races to cheer for i presume Verstappen? they picked the right one today, and a track that the odds would have been on another silver arrows win.
I just wish Ricciardo could have gotten some points too, after already surviving the tyre issue earlier

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1220
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 7/20/2018 4:22:49 PM   
Poopyhead

Danny to start from the back of the grid at the German GP. Red Bull faster than Hamilton in Free Practice.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/7/ricciardo-to-start-german-gp-from-back-of-grid.html

Post #: 1221
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 7/21/2018 1:01:40 AM   
Agathosdaimon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

Danny to start from the back of the grid at the German GP. Red Bull faster than Hamilton in Free Practice.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/7/ricciardo-to-start-german-gp-from-back-of-grid.html

Yes quite interesting, clearly ricciardo must believe the changes are worth the penalty , he is a good overtaker so ihe will move up the laddet quickly

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1222
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 7/23/2018 3:12:23 PM   
Poopyhead

Or not.

If another F1 film is in our future, it should be about this seaon's rivalry.

Did Vettel ruin his tires pacing behind Kimi while his team tried to remember who's driving for championship #5? My wife is German and I did not know that she had learned so many expletives from her soldier boy husband. :)

And the hits keep on coming...

Post #: 1223
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 7/26/2018 11:40:43 PM   
Agathosdaimon

yes, sad that ricciardos engine failed, afterwards i learned they were it seems risking germany, so that they would be right or something for hungary a track red bull believes it would be better at; power tracks do not seem to favor red bull. - with the imagery of a charging bull, it would be more suitable that they are cars with excellent straight line speed and less grip on corners, but the opposite seems to be the case for them. It has been interesting getting back into F1 this year, as it seems like so much more discussion and coverage goes into the nuances of each car and driver and so seeing the different braking styles of drivers described has helped me learn about things in the sport i hitherto had no real idea about.

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1224
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 8/3/2018 4:58:35 PM   
Poopyhead

Ricciardo to leave Red Bull at season's end and drive for Renault next year replacing Sainz.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2018/8/ricciardo-to-renault--what-now-for-the-2019-driver-market-.html

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/8/ricciardo-joins-hulkenberg-at-renault-in-2019.html

Post #: 1225
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 8/9/2018 10:04:33 AM   
Agathosdaimon

i know, thats crazy big news! at first i thought, oh that will be a step back, but the more i heard the more it seems like not too bad a choice, and i dont mind Renault - i always like to play as Hulkenberg on F1 2017.

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1226
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 8/15/2018 3:16:48 PM   
Poopyhead

Alonso to retire from F1 at the end of the season.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/8/breaking--alonso-to-step-away-from-f1-at-end-of-2018.html

Hulkenberg gets a 10 place grid penalty for treating Alonso's McLaren like a cue ball at Spa. Drivers praise the halo for LeClerc's unscathed survival.

Lewis did not sound optimistic about his chances against Sepp's Ferrari. What a season to enjoy. On to Monza!

< Message edited by Poopyhead -- 8/27/2018 4:43:07 PM >

Post #: 1227
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 9/5/2018 5:51:32 PM   
warspite1

So Lando Norris is to get a chance with McLaren next year. Big shoes to fill for the youngster touted the new Lewis.... no pressure lad.....

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1228
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 9/16/2018 4:46:44 PM   
warspite1

Great performance from Lewis this weekend .

I think the biggest factor in Danny Ric's decision to leave Red Bull is the gap to Verstappen, which is just growing as the Dutchman gains more experience. He is going to dominate the sport in years to come and all records are open to him.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1229
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 9/30/2018 5:04:29 PM   
warspite1

Another outstanding performance from Verstappen in Sochi. If that Honda engine comes good next year he is going to be a force to be reckoned with.....

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1230
Page:   <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI