Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> 4.6 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4.6 - 8/23/2012 9:32:28 PM   
John 3rd

OK. Just looked. You are correct with the error.

The following AOs SHOULD be allowed to convert to CVE Sangamon Class: Neosho, Sabine, Kaskaskia, Cimarron, Platte, and Guadalupe.

Looks like we started the work and simply did not finish it. FRUSTRATING. We will correct this with 5.0. have decided to jump from 4.6 to 5.0 due to having (hopefully) nearly all the early war issues resolved. We need more feedback from RA Campaigns moving into mid-to-late war time periods. As people move into mid-43 and later, PLEASE let us know what problems/issues you might be seeing.

Am taking my family out camping and fishing Fri Night and back Mon night. Will work on the 5.0 release at that point. It should not be too difficult. Probably need just 4-6 hours to get everything done and tested.

Sorry for taking so long on this guys!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 211
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.5 - 8/23/2012 10:28:03 PM   
FatR

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

quote:

ORIGINAL: FatR

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols
OK, thanks John. After reading Garys threat and playing you mod, I thought I might be interested in making a mod that had no basis in history or reality, but was simply a good game mod.

Two big problems:

(1)The farther we are from reality, the harder it is to keep things balanced and maintain verissimilitude.

(2)Art issues. Currently we must rely on people kindly providing us help whenever we introduce new ships or planes.

2 is not a problem, I don't expect to use any new artwork. 1 is always a problem and I hope to get things right.

Also, forgot to say - I think JuanG's mods already cover fantasy-boosted Pacific War pretty well. If we manage to return to seriously working on modding (I hope - but my best intentions are getting repeatedly smashed by unpredictable work schedule, well, at least at this rate I'll soon have enough monies to collect every English book on Japanese side of Pacific War that is worth collecting and can be reasonably obtained through Internet shopping), I think getting Perfect War off the ground is the best we can do, never mentioning that abandoning it will be a very bad tone towards all the people who already done large parts of work on that mod.

If that is ever finished... well completely alternative scenarious of WW II (if the engine even allows to write different coalitions...) likely will be only remaining venue by that point).

The Reluctant Admiral mod team.

Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 212
RE: 4.6 - 8/23/2012 10:28:49 PM   
FatR

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

OK. Just looked. You are correct with the error.

The following AOs SHOULD be allowed to convert to CVE Sangamon Class: Neosho, Sabine, Kaskaskia, Cimarron, Platte, and Guadalupe.

Looks like we started the work and simply did not finish it. FRUSTRATING. We will correct this with 5.0. have decided to jump from 4.6 to 5.0 due to having (hopefully) nearly all the early war issues resolved. We need more feedback from RA Campaigns moving into mid-to-late war time periods. As people move into mid-43 and later, PLEASE let us know what problems/issues you might be seeing.

Am taking my family out camping and fishing Fri Night and back Mon night. Will work on the 5.0 release at that point. It should not be too difficult. Probably need just 4-6 hours to get everything done and tested.

Sorry for taking so long on this guys!

Don't forget to fix the issues with aircrafr engines' time of availaibility. Or I can check that before posting flies.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 213
RE: 4.6 - 8/24/2012 12:15:00 AM   
Dan Nichols

OK John, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I will have to do without them. I'll post anything I think is an error when I see it.

(in reply to FatR)
Post #: 214
RE: 4.6 - 8/29/2012 6:35:26 PM   
Kitakami

Gentlemen,

CA Maya begins the game as class 1128, and can convert to class 1129 on 4 '42... but that is it?!?!?!
Classes 1130-1132 are defined, but nothing points to classes 1130 or 1131, and there are no conversion bindings to them either.

Would you mind checking that?

Thanks!

Tenno Heika Banzai!

Post #: 215
RE: 4.6 - 9/3/2012 3:11:14 PM   
Chernobyl

So I am checking out version 4.6

First problem was that when I followed the install procedure it didn't work. There was no scenario listed in game. So I had to go to WITPAE->SCEN->RA4.6 folder and take those .dat files and move them to the SCEN folder with all the other scenarios. Not sure why doesn't unzip that way to begin with but now upon reloading the game the scenario is available.

Second thing I noticed is that american AA values on their ships are WAY higher. Prince of Wales for instance starts with a AAA value over 2000 when in the standard scenario it is 1084. Japanese ships seem to have the same AA value. What's up with this massive boost to alled AA? Huge hidden changes like that make me not want to play this mod.

< Message edited by Liebestod -- 9/3/2012 3:12:47 PM >

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 216
RE: 4.6 - 9/3/2012 4:03:31 PM   
John 3rd

Hey Sir.

Let us know if you continue having issues getting it installed. The process can be fairly daunting if you haven't done it before.

The AA questions sits along a Da Babes improvement line. The Team that developed Da Babes made a bunch of AA changes and RA is based off of their good and hard work.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 217
RE: 4.6 - 9/6/2012 3:45:50 PM   
Cavalry Corp

john,

Will any update work with games in progress?

Small not when a damaged Akisuki come out of shipyard in March 42 - it comes back having done the early 43 upgrade including radar - nice but maybe not intended?

Also Junyo arrives with radar early 42 is that intended?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 218
RE: 4.6 - 9/6/2012 3:46:38 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Can I also ask about the missing plane art zero 3b and Rita etc??

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 219
RE: 4.6 - 9/6/2012 4:29:11 PM   
John 3rd

Yes: Junyo comes in with the early radar. We premised an earlier arrival of radar for the Japanese CVs being constructed for 1942 and then added as an upgrade with existing CVs.

Can you tell me the exact DD you mention. It ARRIVES with the upgrade already done? Need some clarification on that.

Not sure about the art. Thought that that was fixed. FatR: Didn't we get that handled?

Most of what we're doing is attaching artwork or simply database updates so it SHOULD be safe to update an existing game. The players have to hit the yes/accept data changes prompt when it appears.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

Post #: 220
RE: 4.6 - 9/6/2012 4:29:31 PM   
John 3rd

Gonna start working on the new update today.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 221
RE: 4.6 - 9/6/2012 4:53:37 PM   
Cavalry Corp

John,

A new one arrived with radar and higher AA in about march but the other was already on the map but upgraded and added radar after shipyard repair after collision at Kobe I think? I have now a total of 2 of these lovely DD on the map.

Sorry I cannot remember the names.

I can send you the next turn if you want to take a look we are in April 42.

please mail me and I will send directly to you gingerdragon@btconnect.com

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 222
RE: 4.6 - 9/6/2012 5:34:32 PM   
John 3rd

In starting this work, I'd like people to look at stuff they have mentioned that need to be done. As work progresses I shall Post and do continuous updates to changes.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 9/6/2012 5:35:43 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

Post #: 223
RE: 4.6 - 9/6/2012 6:10:36 PM   
FatR

quote:

Not sure about the art. Thought that that was fixed. FatR: Didn't we get that handled?

It must be available for download on site right now.

Didn't track all of the issues, but remember to check dates of engine availability for all engines that arrive during the war, so that they are not far behind the planes that use them (particularly Mitsubishi Ha-42).

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 224
RE: 4.6 - 9/8/2012 6:41:22 AM   
FatR

John, I've found another minor air glitch (max load 0 for N1K4-A, this does not actually impact anything important, AFAIK, but should be fixed just in case) and also learned the hard way, that "DT Ordnance" must be checked for a plane to not have drop tanks cancel its bombload. A few Jap planes, like late-war Zeros, to my knowledge, should be able to take off with both. If you wish I can add fixes to the air side myself when you send me the files for posting on the site.

(in reply to FatR)
Post #: 225
RE: 4.6 - 9/8/2012 11:34:10 AM   
FatR

Also, John, another thought, that I come upon checking the current state of my work for the Perfect War, but which can be applied here, is reclassification of E16A1 Paul as floatplane, instead of divebomber. Sure, it had divebombing capability, but its primary use was exactly the same as E13A IRL. As a divebomber there are not much reasons to build it, because land-based divebomber planes are clearly superior and size 2 airfields are easier to come by than extra air support by the time it is available. As a floatplane, it might provide extra short-range offensive capability, in exchange for gimped search/ASW usefulness next to E15A.

(in reply to FatR)
Post #: 226
RE: 4.6 - 9/13/2012 5:45:24 PM   
John 3rd

Thanks FatR. Will work on those ideas.

SuluSea: If you are out there might you be up for a small art project?

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to FatR)
Post #: 227
RE: 4.6 - 9/13/2012 6:12:29 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

Thanks FatR. Will work on those ideas.

SuluSea: If you are out there might you be up for a small art project?

Hi John, what do you have in mind?

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 228
RE: 4.6 - 9/14/2012 4:15:47 PM   
FatR

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

Not about that (most likely), but I also wanted to ask you: can you help us with the art for Perfect War mod? The work was long abandoned, but by now I have time for it again. I've recently finished work on aircraft stats (and currently I'm rereading the mod thread, to update myself on what we agreed upon about the naval side of things), but some art is needed - nothing too fancy, mostly recolors for existing planetops and planesides to make different or changed models distinguishable to players, plus a few planes whose prototypes existed IRL, so I can provide images of them.

< Message edited by FatR -- 9/14/2012 4:17:15 PM >

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 229
RE: 4.6 - 9/14/2012 4:54:53 PM   
John 3rd

Sulu: I was thinking some differing screens for the other boilerplate moments that appear ever turn. Perhaps something for the Surface battle screen? You have gotten the loading screens down and they are beautiful for either the Allied or Japanese player. So just something there would seem to be about it. Is there anything else that could be played with?

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to FatR)
Post #: 230
RE: 4.6 - 9/15/2012 1:49:13 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: FatR

quote:

Not about that (most likely), but I also wanted to ask you: can you help us with the art for Perfect War mod? The work was long abandoned, but by now I have time for it again. I've recently finished work on aircraft stats (and currently I'm rereading the mod thread, to update myself on what we agreed upon about the naval side of things), but some art is needed - nothing too fancy, mostly recolors for existing planetops and planesides to make different or changed models distinguishable to players, plus a few planes whose prototypes existed IRL, so I can provide images of them.

Hi FatR, I'd like to help but don't have the available time to commit to a project. I have a project of my own that I've made no progress on in maybe 6 weeks , mother in law battling cancer, wife getting operated on just recently and some other family commitments my plate is full. With everything going on some days I don't have time for my own gaming.... Sorry

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to FatR)
Post #: 231
RE: 4.6 - 9/15/2012 2:02:19 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

Sulu: I was thinking some differing screens for the other boilerplate moments that appear ever turn. Perhaps something for the Surface battle screen? You have gotten the loading screens down and they are beautiful for either the Allied or Japanese player. So just something there would seem to be about it. Is there anything else that could be played with?

Hi John, I thought you may have needed a ship/plane in a pinch. I remade a combat screen that's at Big B's shipyard along with the others that they have done.

The issue with doing one screen and changing the font or style is everything fits together. Change one and it will look out of place unless the others are done as well.

Sorry.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 232
RE: 4.6 - 9/15/2012 3:47:48 PM   
FatR

quote:

Hi FatR, I'd like to help but don't have the available time to commit to a project. I have a project of my own that I've made no progress on in maybe 6 weeks , mother in law battling cancer, wife getting operated on just recently and some other family commitments my plate is full. With everything going on some days I don't have time for my own gaming.... Sorry

Thanks for the response anyway, I wish you and your family the best of luck.

< Message edited by FatR -- 9/15/2012 3:50:43 PM >

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 233
RE: 4.6 - 9/17/2012 4:01:56 PM   
John 3rd

Sulu: Could you send that battle screen over to me?

Sorry for no movement here but life is pretty busy at the moment. Should change once we move our Caboose here.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to FatR)
Post #: 234
RE: 4.6 - 9/27/2012 11:46:50 PM   
Dan Nichols

I know everyone working on this is busy, but is there any news about version 5.0?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 235
RE: 4.6 - 9/28/2012 7:02:53 AM   
John 3rd

Hey Dan.

I started to compile my list of fixes and improvements and haven't gotten much further then that. My family is going to Kansas City next week for a short trip and I plan to get this done right after that. Sorry for taking sooooooo long on this but life has certainly gotten in the way of late...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

Post #: 236
RE: 4.6 - 11/7/2012 3:51:38 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

Sulu: Could you send that battle screen over to me?

Sorry for no movement here but life is pretty busy at the moment. Should change once we move our Caboose here.

Sulu I never got the file you showed above. Could you resend it?

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 237
Reluctant Admiral 5.0 - 11/7/2012 3:53:32 PM   
John 3rd

OK. Life is beginning to settle down in the Cochran Household so it is time to get this work done so we can get RA 5.0 released.

I started the other Thread for a Wish list but got little response so I will do all the work from here. If you have issues, concerns, RA suggestions, please Post here and we can get moving on this project!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 238
RE: 4.6 - 11/7/2012 7:44:55 PM   
Cavalry Corp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kitakami

Gentlemen,

CA Maya begins the game as class 1128, and can convert to class 1129 on 4 '42... but that is it?!?!?!
Classes 1130-1132 are defined, but nothing points to classes 1130 or 1131, and there are no conversion bindings to them either.

Would you mind checking that?

Thanks!

I saw this as well and advised John
C

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 239
RE: 4.6 - 11/7/2012 7:45:42 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Dare I ask - will the new version work with existing games??? 5.0 to 4.6??

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> 4.6 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI