Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: I Want To Embrace This Game!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/6/2012 3:30:57 AM   
eggmansdaddy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

I think that most of us just want to feel that they are being heard. Mature people will understand if some things get delayed or cancelled altogether, but to be lead by a carrot on a string and never getting the carrot,... that's another thing. I want this game series to be the envy of all and can see this actually happening but it feels like we are being forgotten along with this excellent product. Maybe I am just a bit sensitive...

I can assure you the Patch hasn't been cancelled. But it certainly has been delayed. Hopefully the delay will be over very soon. Maybe after the holiday, someone from Matrix will stop by and post a message.

And I really do understand the the frustration that everyone has expressed.

thanks
rick

Rick-

I appreciate you taking the time to explain the situation to us. Very professional and much appreciated. Let's hope we see the patch in the very near future.

Regards,

eggmansdaddy

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 61
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/6/2012 2:18:21 PM   
mbar

I think what's frustrating myself and other people is the Matrix staff don't seem to be participating on the forums as much as they used to.

It's been getting quiet and it seems to me that most of the posts are limited to upcoming releases and review links.

(in reply to eggmansdaddy)
Post #: 62
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/6/2012 4:48:16 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbar
It's been getting quiet and it seems to me that most of the posts are limited to upcoming releases and review links.

One wonders where Erik's working these days.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 63
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/6/2012 6:35:01 PM   
Richie61

It's all about supply & demand. Sadly new games come down the pike and folks like Erik need to be involved with the games were the cash flows come from.
Matrix & Battlefront need cash flow to survive and look to the future. It's just a fact of life.
At some point older games like for example NASCAR Racing 2003 and CM:BB need to survive on people like Steve (Mad Russian), Rick and Mobius. Plus at sometime
the "team" needs to work & develop their new game and the community will need to supply support for the old game.

PCO is a good game. I have a wish list for the future, but that's another thread

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 64
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/6/2012 9:42:32 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys, the latest information I have is that the demo and update, which are finished, are in the release queue and just dependent on other announcements. I was hoping they would release earlier but it looks like a release next week is just about certain at this point.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 65
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/6/2012 9:45:35 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian
Rick, the truth is no attention by Matrix means no attention. There hasn't been anyone from Matrix in here in months. The patch has been ready for months.

This, by the way, is incorrect. I do stop in regularly, I often don't have time to post or new information to share. I've posted to the internal team including MR as often as I can to inform them. The update and demo were certainly delayed far beyond what we'd expected and that was definitely our (Matrix's) fault rather than the team's fault, but that is not because of no attention.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 66
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/6/2012 10:04:24 PM   
KEYSTONE07950

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Rick, the truth is no attention by Matrix means no attention. There hasn't been anyone from Matrix in here in months. The patch has been ready for months.

This, by the way, is incorrect. I do stop in regularly, I often don't have time to post or new information to share. I've posted to the internal team including MR as often as I can to inform them. The update and demo were certainly delayed far beyond what we'd expected and that was definitely our (Matrix's) fault rather than the team's fault, but that is not because of no attention.

Regards,

- Erik
quote:

Thanks for the information.

What is the plan going forward for Panzer Command?

Thanks.

< Message edited by KEYSTONE07950 -- 7/6/2012 10:06:31 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 67
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/7/2012 1:43:24 AM   
eggmansdaddy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Regards,

- Erik

Erik-

Thank you for the courtesy of a response. We'll see what next week brings.

Great to know there's work going on behind the scenes.

regards,

Barry
aka eggmansdaddy and ksbearski and HOA_KSOP

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 68
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/7/2012 2:04:42 AM   
k9mike

So...They made a new Demo of the game(with the "update")?? Is this correct?? Sorry for stupid question...Just want to make sure what I am reading...lol.
Mike

(in reply to eggmansdaddy)
Post #: 69
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/7/2012 7:06:42 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: k9mike

So...They made a new Demo of the game(with the "update")?? Is this correct?? Sorry for stupid question...Just want to make sure what I am reading...lol.
Mike

Yes the Demo was updated to incorporate all of the changes and fixes that were made in the patch.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 70
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/7/2012 10:39:01 PM   
k9mike

Thanks...;)

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 71
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/23/2012 11:00:40 AM   
76mm

I recently had to reformat my computer and re-install all of my software, including this game. The good news is that I could finally get the game to start on my computer!

I generally like the game and am very much in look for a good tactical East Front game; I have tried APOS and CoH, but don't care much for them yet.

I keep hearing references to a "new game" but still have no idea what it is supposed to be...an updated PCO on the Eastern Front? An updated PCO on the Western Front? A whole new engine? No idea... I think the modability of this game is very good but haven't seen much mod activity, presumably because no one wants to spend time on mods without knowing if there is a future for this game.

Sure would be nice to know where you all are heading with this...

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 72
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/23/2012 11:49:56 AM   
Hexagon

I dont dislike a lot game but sometimes is to abstract and suffer from a lack of info, i find random battle generator poor, i cant select the units i want in both sides... forced to play with OOB fixed, i try to find how made a random with Tiger II VS IS-2m but cant do it and i dont have time to create a scen (that looks not easy), apart that game needs an enciclopedia to see all game can offer.

Other question is the poor number of keys to replay a turn.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 73
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/23/2012 2:33:50 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon
I dont dislike a lot game but sometimes is to abstract and suffer from a lack of info, i find random battle generator poor, i cant select the units i want in both sides... forced to play with OOB fixed, i try to find how made a random with Tiger II VS IS-2m but cant do it and i dont have time to create a scen (that looks not easy), apart that game needs an enciclopedia to see all game can offer.

The Scenario Editor is where you have found a way to view the info on units. Select a type unit from the dropdown lists and press the PID button.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 74
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/23/2012 4:21:15 PM   
Mad Russian

If anything PCO can be information overload. There is every conceivable form of data that's in the game available to the game designer.

As far as how hard the scenario editor is if you are going to use a map included in the game, with very little practice you can create scenarios easily in under an hour. That depends on how detailed you want your unit names to be, how many units you want, how many and what denomination you want the VP's to be, all information on the units themselves. Whatever you are looking for is in the game.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 75
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/23/2012 6:01:43 PM   
Hexagon

Thanks for the point about editor to see units... i miss in the list the Jagd Tiger hehehe.

And well, the point in a random generator for battles is do it fast, if i need create a scen to find the battle type i want... see for example the CM and Achtung Panzer generators... for me in a tactical game when you create a random scen you need select units at tactical level (1 by 1 is even better but buy sections is enough for me) with a list of all material avaliable in the date you select for battle.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 76
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/23/2012 7:43:26 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Thanks for the point about editor to see units... i miss in the list the Jagd Tiger hehehe.

And well, the point in a random generator for battles is do it fast, if i need create a scen to find the battle type i want... see for example the CM and Achtung Panzer generators... for me in a tactical game when you create a random scen you need select units at tactical level (1 by 1 is even better but buy sections is enough for me) with a list of all material avaliable in the date you select for battle.

You are right, the Random Battle generator doesn't allow you to select specific units you will fight with. You can use the Presets button and the sliders to influence the KIND of units that will be fighting. You can also create your own Preset file pretty easily. I think junk2drive explained how to do that in another thread a while back.

Thanks
rick

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 77
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/23/2012 8:08:51 PM   
Hexagon

Thanks for the fast reply, i am try find it

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 78
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI