Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: European Championships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: European Championships Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: European Championships - 5/1/2014 7:59:03 PM   
wodin

warpite..lets hope we don't get Moyes...though I wanted him over AVB after his Man Utd car crash I don't want him at Spurs.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1501
RE: European Championships - 5/1/2014 8:02:31 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

No sir, tis you that fail to see the problem

That's some structural problem that Mourinho has. Two Champions Leagues, seven Championships and numerous cups..... Wish he would manage Spurs....

Be careful what you wish for

Oh oh, fresh news (oh well, from yesterday, after the match). Hazard "We are not made to play football"

Yep, Hazard. According to Mourinho he will build the team around him Too bad the poor guy is convinced and then airing that they are NOT playing football

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1502
RE: European Championships - 5/2/2014 2:02:19 AM   
Crimguy

I gotta side with warspite. Hard to argue with his results. It's also his first year back with Chelskii, and some if his players are getting near retirement age. Cole and Terry, to name two. We also saw a side of Mata that was not encouraging, that being a habit of switching off on defensive duties.

I hate the man, and wish someone would shoot him across the channel in a cannon, but he's gotten results wherever he went. A good test would indeed to give him Sp*rs and see where he went...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1503
RE: European Championships - 5/2/2014 6:25:21 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Haha, I knew something weird was going on... The "genius" who just delivered one league in the last 4 years (as if that was amazing, coaching mega rich teams, wake up, folks!) had not blamed anyone... until Eden talked and affirmed they are not playing a sport called football. Now he's found the guilty party: needless to say, we are dealing with Hazard himself LOL

I smell an implosion. I smell a sacking! Send the Russian thugs, Roman! And NO, do not send him back to the CONTINENT (as per Crimguy's vicious advice ). Send him far, far away. The Far East or even better: Irkutsk FC deep in Siberia!

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 1504
RE: European Championships - 5/2/2014 7:06:56 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Haha, I knew something weird was going on... The "genius" who just delivered one league in the last 4 years (as if that was amazing, coaching mega rich teams, wake up, folks!) had not blamed anyone... until Eden talked and affirmed they are not playing a sport called football. Now he's found the guilty party: needless to say, we are dealing with Hazard himself LOL

I smell an implosion. I smell a sacking! Send the Russian thugs, Roman! And NO, do not send him back to the CONTINENT (as per Crimguy's vicious advice ). Send him far, far away. The Far East or even better: Irkutsk FC deep in Siberia!
warspite1

Maybe Hazard was hitting out because he was just embarrassed by his own performance - being responsible for 2 of the 3 Atletico goals cannot have been comfortable for him in the dressing room.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 1505
RE: European Championships - 5/2/2014 7:32:02 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Or maybe the creative players under Mourinho are simply filled with frustration. That's *another* structural problem

In the end, Ronaldo did not even talk to him and clearly insulted him in one of the last Matches at RM...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1506
RE: European Championships - 5/2/2014 7:42:43 PM   
warspite1

Are you suggesting a top manager falling out with players is exclusive to Mourinho? Look at Ferguson, look at van Gaal to name but two....

Post #: 1507
RE: European Championships - 5/3/2014 10:16:29 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

warpite..lets hope we don't get Moyes...though I wanted him over AVB after his Man Utd car crash I don't want him at Spurs.
warspite1

wodin, with every passing month I am more and more convinced that Daniel Levy is an Arsenal fan.... Moyes? Pochettino? For crying out out loud I think I will throw my hat in the ring...

If the rumours are to be believed, we will be losing Lloris, Vertonghen and Paulinho. Eriksen and Capoue want to leave the sinking ship too. What a $%^&* mess

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 1508
RE: European Championships - 5/3/2014 11:22:25 AM   
wodin

Warspite..did you know the Chelsea owner first came here wanting to buy Spurs..Levy messed him around wanting even more money..so Abromavich got in his Helicopter, after Levy saying he will think about the offer, to go to his hotel and they flew over Chelseas ground..he asked what club is that..they said Chelsea..he said I'll buy that one then.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1509
RE: European Championships - 5/3/2014 11:37:51 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Warspite..did you know the Chelsea owner first came here wanting to buy Spurs..Levy messed him around wanting even more money..so Abromavich got in his Helicopter, after Levy saying he will think about the offer, to go to his hotel and they flew over Chelseas ground..he asked what club is that..they said Chelsea..he said I'll buy that one then.
warspite1

That's the story I heard. Don't know how true it is, but highly possible....

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 1510
RE: European Championships - 5/3/2014 12:43:47 PM   
warspite1

Tottenham are a total shambles.....

Professional footballers in a defensive wall getting out of the way? What's that all about? Well done Spurs - the first team in about 4-years to make Stewart Downing look good..... Absolutely pathetic.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1511
RE: European Championships - 5/3/2014 4:10:20 PM   
warspite1

Fulham relegated Hope you come back up quickly boys

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1512
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 8:17:22 AM   
Orm

quote:

Professional footballers in a defensive wall getting out of the way? What's that all about? Well done Spurs - the first team in about 4-years to make Stewart Downing look good..... Absolutely pathetic.

Man U is in even worse shape.

But well done Sunderland.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1513
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 8:24:25 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Count me in. I am not that good at making predictions though: see above how Bayern was supposed to lift the champions league trophy thing

I am a bit surprised you didn't comment on how nice it is to see a rich team play offensive football and crushing their opponents made it to the finals.

Opps! I was mistaken. It was the team playing both matches defensively that won and went to the finals. Surely their fans must be so angry now that they made the finals by playing defensive football instead of attacking football.

Or does this only apply when Mourinho is the manager?

----

Bayern was thoroughly crushed by Madrid and their counterattacking football. I wonder what would have happened if Bayern had played the same way. My bet is that both matches would have ended with 0-0 and that a penalty shootout would have decided things. A lot more boring but it would certainly have been a better result for Bayern.

I think it's an insult to compare Mourinho with genuine Counter-Attacking football Mourinho is somewhere on the fringes of counter-attacking and pure lunacy. Millionaire team, Champions League semi final and yet yesterday at home he deployed 6 bloody defenders!

It's clownish.

Oh, and as per the Neanderthal plan, Etoo was [again] ordered to pull back and surprise surprise... provoked a penalty

Etoo v2.0 no doubt!

Next year Drogba in!

And yes, Bayern (a great team) was defeated by another great team (Real Madrid) which plays genuine counter-attacking football.

I am sorry.

I did not mean to be insulting and I am truly sorry that I was. I therefore offer my apologies to all that I insulted by my comment.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Post #: 1514
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 8:56:14 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Yes, but I don't give a fig about United

And well done indeed to Sunderland. Shame Fulham have gone, but glad that Sunderland have survived as some consolation

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1515
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 9:05:27 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

And well done indeed to Sunderland. Shame Fulham have gone, but glad that Sunderland have survived as some consolation

I thought that the "misfortune" of Man U could bring you some schadenfreude.

Apparently I was wrong and you are greater, and above, such low feelings.

Sunderland is one of few English teams that I have actually seen live so therefore they always have hold a special interest to me.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1516
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 9:16:38 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I thought that the "misfortune" of Man U could bring you some schadenfreude.

Apparently I was wrong and you are greater, and above, such low feelings.

Sunderland is one of few English teams that I have actually seen live so therefore they always have hold a special interest to me.
warspite1

No you misunderstand - Man United misfortune is great (although not when I need them for my fantasy football team ), I am not above any base feelings when it comes to football

I have an interest in Sunderland because of the 1973 FA Cup Final (Ian Porterfield, Jim Montgomery and all that) the red and white stripes and black shorts, the passionate support and the rich history

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/4/2014 10:22:08 AM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1517
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 10:58:42 AM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

quote:

I think it's an insult to compare Mourinho with genuine Counter-Attacking football Mourinho is somewhere on the fringes of counter-attacking and pure lunacy. Millionaire team, Champions League semi final and yet yesterday at home he deployed 6 bloody defenders!

I am sorry.

I did not mean to be insulting and I am truly sorry that I was. I therefore offer my apologies to all that I insulted by my comment.

Eh? You do not need to say sorry I was being obviously sarcastic. Well, on a second thought, quite serious! I am on the side of the offensive, beautiful football (this is clear by now), but I also like counter-attacking football. And I respect "parking the bus" tactics when they are used by the teams which don't have any other choice (weak teams).

In any case it's Mourinho who must offer his apologies: negative football, bashing his players, colleagues, he is always right and his "I won x, I won y, I won z" [therefore he is NOT sharing victories but defeats are systematically attributed to *OTHERS*] etc. etc.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1518
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 11:07:06 AM   
TulliusDetritus

And the hooligans (this time they killed one person) show their ugly head in the Italian Coppa Italia final (Napoli are the winners)

Post #: 1519
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 11:35:41 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am sorry.

Eh? You do not need to say sorry I was being obviously sarcastic. Well, on a second thought, quite serious! I am on the side of the offensive, beautiful football (this is clear by now), but I also like counter-attacking football. And I respect "parking the bus" tactics when they are used by the teams which don't have any other choice (weak teams).

In any case it's Mourinho who must offer his apologies: negative football, bashing his players, colleagues, he is always right and his "I won x, I won y, I won z" [therefore he is NOT sharing victories but defeats are systematically attributed to *OTHERS*] etc. etc.
warspite1

As you said TD, if you have great players and especially if you are following another successful manager then this manager malarchy is a piece of cake. Remind me again how Barca are doing?

Post #: 1520
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 12:23:24 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

As you said TD, if you have great players and especially if you are following another successful manager then this manager malarchy is a piece of cake. Remind me again how Barca are doing?

What goes up must come down, perhaps? There are cycles in football, and the 2009-2011 mesmerising Barcelona could not last for ever

It's not offensive football or the coach that gave them the title. It's an exceptional coincidence: three world-class players named Messi, Iniesta & Xavi backed by other really good players.

Without them no offensive football or Guardiola in the world would have saved them.

But you see, this team will be remembered by fans all over the world. Just like the old Brazil or Holland. All these teams were a joy to watch (when on fire). Mourinho's teams will NOT be remembered (except by their own supporters). As if he cared in the first place (poor deluded fans ). He's only there to show his CV (I, I, I and more I).

It is clear to me that you are on the side of the "win at all cost" camp. And that includes mega rich teams with mega skilled players parking the bus, playing like small teams. Fair enough. To each his own.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1521
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 12:32:13 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Not to mention that this team (barcelona) did something *revolutionary*. Many people do not understand that when they have enormous possessions (on the opponent's field) they are not only trying to attempt a breakthrough (as opposed to giving the ball to their opponent for free) BUT they are defending!

But what an exceptional defence! They don't defend near their box... they're defending on the opponent's pitch! LOL

And this, I am pretty certain I never saw before.

Post #: 1522
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 12:43:12 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Anyways, the Holland thing is there to prove this point! The poor guys failed [therefore = losers] to bag the WCs and YET we remember them (and we always will)! Why? Because you can trick some people but the vast majority of fans will always appreciate above all beauty, generosity, imagination. And this only *offensive* football delivers.

The day this is not true, I will think this sport is sick

Post #: 1523
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 2:45:11 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

What goes up must come down, perhaps? There are cycles in football, and the 2009-2011 mesmerising Barcelona could not last for ever

It's not offensive football or the coach that gave them the title. It's an exceptional coincidence: three world-class players named Messi, Iniesta & Xavi backed by other really good players.

warspite1

No, no, no . You said, effectively, that Mourinho's triumph at Inter Milan was worthless because they were already a successful team. Right, so what the hell is the Barcelona coach doing? It's easy to take a winning team of great players and continue (or actually better) that success right? Er no....

As for "It's not.....the coach that gave them the title".

That comment is simply staggering I'm afraid....

Post #: 1524
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 5:30:12 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Actually IIRC (too lazy to check) it's you who said that Inter had NOT won before ergo credit goes to Mourinho It's another guy -along with lots of money- who resurrected the eternal Italian under-achiever.

And what is more interesting, all these wins belong to the past now... Last 4 years = 1 big title (out of 8). That's written on stone, sorry. So it looks like he is not some sort of genius after all. If he was, then Ancelotti must be some sort of demi-god.

Warspite, you really need a patron. Once your team will be petro-fuelled you might attract Mourinho. That's after you got the millionaire players or the money to afford the aforementioned millionaire players he will be asking for.

If you think he is the answer, fine. My thesis is that many other coaches might win the trophies you are looking for (and without ugly anti-football)

After all, EACH year ONE coach wins the Champions League (I mean it's there to take). Ah ok, he's won + 1 these many guys (this +1 has to be the difference between mediocre guys and 100% Gods like Mourinho)

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 5/4/2014 6:41:31 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1525
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 5:46:16 PM   
warspite1

You should be less lazy - I said nothing of the sort . He took a successful (domestically) Inter Milan and won the Champions League (and the treble) by the way.

Post #: 1526
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 6:47:04 PM   
warspite1

You keep on about the lack of trophies over the last 4 years. Have you seen Ancelotti's record? He became a manager a year before Mourinho became Porto manager (ignore his first tiny team for this) - although walked into AC Milan...

He has THREE league titles to Joes's SEVEN. They have two Champions League's each.

Do you realise Mourinho has NEVER finished outside the top 2? Never. Ferguson has. Wenger has. Ancelotti has.

Also look at the number of different clubs, different languages, different cultures - he's conquered the lot. I think you should cut Mourinho some slack.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1527
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 9:49:48 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

You keep on about the lack of trophies over the last 4 years.

These 4 years are everything as 1) he is the self-appointed best manager of the world and 2) he is the self-appointed manager of the millionaires: "I'm the guy who will give you titles. Yes or yes". And of course 3) only results matter.

He is falling on his sword, sorry.

Ancelotti has to be a demi-god because where Mourinho failed (Champions League with RM: three times, never got to the final), Ancelotti will get to the final (let's see if they bag it) at his *first* attempt...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1528
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 10:01:55 PM   
TulliusDetritus

I stick to my prediction: this guy will soon disappear from the map. 2 years maximum. Bookmark it if you want. I will be here

Post #: 1529
RE: European Championships - 5/4/2014 10:07:47 PM   
TulliusDetritus

And just for the record, a 0 - 0 draw at home vs a team from the relegation zone. As I told you, this is what happens when you put all your money on defence. It may seem I'm trolling, eh, but there's some rational analysis after all (no crystal ball eh)

Post #: 1530
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: European Championships Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI