Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: All things Football (soccer) related

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: All things Football (soccer) related Page: <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/27/2017 5:56:52 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1
ramblings

Green buttoned. Tired of your dailymailesque tirades.

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2551
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/27/2017 6:24:06 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

quote:

ramblings

Green buttoned. Tired of your dailymailesque tirades.
warspite1

No problem - we were never going to see eye to eye.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 2552
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/27/2017 6:27:44 PM   
warspite1

Timely

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4451238/Samuel-Eto-o-reveals-Mourinho-s-Champions-League-secret.html

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2553
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/27/2017 6:31:34 PM   
wodin

Bloody Chelsea..last year bloody Leicester...next year at Wembley for home games so you can right that off... then I feel we've missed the boat for a premiership title for god knows how many years. Was hoping we might have got the cup at least..but oh no..as per bloody usual..

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2554
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/28/2017 5:53:11 AM   
warspite1

Are Spurs still Spursey?

A lot of comment has been made that Spurs have learnt from last year, they are more focussed, more experienced etc. So here is the (almost) ultimate test of that question coming up.

On Sunday we play Arsenal in the big North London derby. Tottenham are at home. They have the added incentive to win (as if they need any more) because:

- this may be the last such derby at White Hart Lane - you don't want to sign off with a loss to Arsenal - Arsenal didn't lose their last derby at Highbury
- they have the chance to go unbeaten at home this season (if they don't lose either of their last two home games) - I don't know the last time they did that - probably 1961....
- they need the 3 points - nothing less will do given the pursuit of Chelsea
- they can make Champions League football almost certain if they win
- they will finish above Arsenal for the first time in 22 years if they win
- they can seriously dent Arsenal's Champions League hopes (which looked dead and buried a couple of weeks ago but now have been revived).

So with all the above to bear in mind, who actually really believes we are going to win on Sunday?.....or will Spursey simply revert to type?

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/28/2017 6:18:46 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2555
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/28/2017 6:06:12 AM   
loki100

quote:

So with all the above to bear in mind, who actually really believes we are going to win on Sunday?.....or will Spursey simply revert to type?

I think Arsenal could win - for several reasons. They need the points, not least CL qualification might make it a lot easier to retain some of their players and/or sign others. Despite everything, they have a number of highly talented players who if they decide to perform could easily dominate sections of a match. They have a lot of pride to lose, odds on Spurs will finish above them this season so ending our (implausible) chase for the league title and not seeing the shift of status confirmed at WHL is going to matter to them.

I recall the derby the season after they won the league for the first time in the modern era. It wasn't a football match, it was a fight where occasionally someone remembered about the ball. In effect a vastly inferior Spurs team was not prepared to lose and let Arsenal enjoy their new status as champions (if I recall Spurs won 2-1 and Adams managed to foul two players with one tackle). So ...

On the other hand. Spurs seem very able to manage games these days. The Arsenal defense is an accident waiting to happen. If Chelsea have won at Everton earlier well the league really will have gone - so a lot of pressure comes off Spurs.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2556
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/29/2017 10:48:58 AM   
TulliusDetritus

Besides, I am not sure most of Mourinho admirers understood his true, key gift. And it is not about system, tactics, strategy (every competent manager knows that part, even a cousin of mine -football coach, he will never coach an elite team but can watch any match he likes in any European stadium, for free obviously- not to mention the armchair vodka aficionados ). His talent is obvious: he manages to rally his fanatic troops (players). That's what you really have to admire. He masters the human relationships, and that has to be the most complicated part of coaching.

But of course the glue of the whole edifice is pure negativity: 1) anti-football and 2) really bad karma all over the place. As Hitler would [incorrectly] put it "kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down...". The third season meltdown is no joke.

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 2557
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/29/2017 3:27:34 PM   
shunwick

Aldershot 2 Braintree 0

Pretty much as expected. Braintree are relegated along with North Ferriby, Southport, and ... York! Aldershot confirm a playoff place and they will play Tranmere in the Semi-Final. The other semi will be between Forest Green and Dagenham & Redbridge. Congratulations to Torquay for beating the drop, it looked dicey for a while but they came through it.

It's National League South for Braintree next season. And the first time Braintree has ever been relegated! Bugrit Millenium Shrimp!

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 4/29/2017 3:29:30 PM >

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 2558
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/29/2017 5:39:57 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

Aldershot 2 Braintree 0

Pretty much as expected. Braintree are relegated along with North Ferriby, Southport, and ... York! Aldershot confirm a playoff place and they will play Tranmere in the Semi-Final. The other semi will be between Forest Green and Dagenham & Redbridge. Congratulations to Torquay for beating the drop, it looked dicey for a while but they came through it.

It's National League South for Braintree next season. And the first time Braintree has ever been relegated! Bugrit Millenium Shrimp!

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

So pleased about Torquay but genuinely sorry about Braintree shunwick

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2559
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/29/2017 11:24:45 PM   
shunwick

quote:

quote:

Aldershot 2 Braintree 0

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

So pleased about Torquay but genuinely sorry about Braintree shunwick

Thanks. The real shocker this season has been York City. At the beginning of the season they were expected to be fighting for the automatic spot (with Tranmere). Freshly relegated from the Football League, and, with the parachute money (worth about £800,000 I think), they were odds on to go back up. They will need to restructure the club now. Already they are talking about going semi-pro though Gary Mills is against it.

They spent (most of, if not all) the parachute money on getting players in on big wages. My guess is that most of it has gone.

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2560
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/30/2017 3:52:48 PM   
shunwick

Roy Keane wades into the Mourinho debate...

MOURINHO IS THE OLD TRAFFORD BULLY! | The Roy Keane Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-jB2IhcFVc

Vanarama National League Highlights Show | Matchday 46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6IuUBfeprk

EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE FAN IN 90 SECONDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luzrSsQWIcM

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 5/1/2017 1:05:46 PM >

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2561
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/30/2017 6:33:35 PM   
loki100

quote:

I think the most remarkable part of that 2-0 was there was never a 10 min period when I feared that Arsenal had grabbed control of the match and it was only a matter of time/luck if they scored. I've seen more unequal scorelines (still recall a few 5-0s in the late 70s) but never one where realistically it was either going to be 0-0 or a Spurs win.

Add in the rather emphatic shoeing of the 'Queens Eleven' on saturday and all round a rather jolly weekend of football.

< Message edited by loki100 -- 4/30/2017 6:34:06 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2562
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/30/2017 8:29:20 PM   
shunwick

quote:

Are Spurs still Spursey?

I would hazard a guess and say NO!

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2563
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/30/2017 9:07:28 PM   
shunwick

This is just a bit of fun but....

I have created a new save with Football Manager 17. All European leagues loaded.

I have swapped Hakan Hayrettin with Jose Mourinho. So Hakan is now the manager of Manchester Utd and Jose is now manager of Braintreee. We will see if the money Braintree has spent on a LARGE trophy cabinet, swivel chair, and electric heater was warranted.

A couple of alterations were necessary. First, I have swapped not only the managers but also the reputations of each manager. So Hakan is now a 4.5 star manager at Man U and Jose is now a 0.5 star manager at Braintree and I have not changed any other stats. Forced to make this change because I don't want Jose frantically looking for better jobs and I don't want him poached by other clubs either.

The only other alteration I have made is to massage Jose's contract a little. When I swapped the managers, Hakan was given a £175,000 a week contract at Man U and Jose was given a £250,000 a week at Braintree. I have left Hakan with his new found riches but I have altered Jose's contract so that he is full-time and on £500 a week. He has a contract that ends on 30 June 2021. Again this was a forced change otherwise if Jose was in charge for 1 day at £2500,000 a week... Braintree would be bankkrupt.

It might be interesting to see how this develops. Can Hakan Heyrettin take Manchester United to glory (who cares?) and can Jose Mourinho beat the drop with Braintree or do even better? Anyone fancy offering a few predictions? It's 1 July 2016 and the Vanarama National League is now even more interesting than it was in real life....

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 4/30/2017 9:35:29 PM >

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2564
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/30/2017 11:18:34 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Are Spurs still Spursey?

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

Don't speak too soon! It was not until this point last year, with 4 games to go, that Jamie Redknapp announced Spurs would win every game until the end of the season - only for Spursey to collapse (taking 2 points from 12).

Now, after beating Arsenal, we have 4 games left and today on Sky Sports, Jamie Redknapp stated that Spurs will win all their remaining games of the season.......

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2565
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 4/30/2017 11:20:27 PM   
warspite1

quote:

This is just a bit of fun but....

I have created a new save with Football Manager 17. All European leagues loaded.

I have swapped Hakan Hayrettin with Jose Mourinho. So Hakan is now the manager of Manchester Utd and Jose is now manager of Braintreee. We will see if the money Braintree has spent on a LARGE trophy cabinet, swivel chair, and electric heater was warranted.

A couple of alterations were necessary. First, I have swapped not only the managers but also the reputations of each manager. So Hakan is now a 4.5 star manager at Man U and Jose is now a 0.5 star manager at Braintree and I have not changed any other stats. Forced to make this change because I don't want Jose frantically looking for better jobs and I don't want him poached by other clubs either.

The only other alteration I have made is to massage Jose's contract a little. When I swapped the managers, Hakan was given a £175,000 a week contract at Man U and Jose was given a £250,000 a week at Braintree. I have left Hakan with his new found riches but I have altered Jose's contract so that he is full-time and on £500 a week. He has a contract that ends on 30 June 2021. Again this was a forced change otherwise if Jose was in charge for 1 day at £2500,000 a week... Braintree would be bankkrupt.

It might be interesting to see how this develops. Can Hakan Heyrettin take Manchester United to glory (who cares?) and can Jose Mourinho beat the drop with Braintree or do even better? Anyone fancy offering a few predictions? It's 1 July 2016 and the Vanarama National League is now even more interesting than it was in real life....

Best wishes,
Steve

warspite1

I don't know enough about how the game works to make predictions, but with Jose in charge, Braintree will be in the Premier League within 6 months

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2566
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/1/2017 6:16:06 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

I think the most remarkable part of that 2-0 was there was never a 10 min period when I feared that Arsenal had grabbed control of the match and it was only a matter of time/luck if they scored. I've seen more unequal scorelines (still recall a few 5-0s in the late 70s) but never one where realistically it was either going to be 0-0 or a Spurs win.

warspite1

This is very true. There has been talk of a shift in power for sometime now, and the 'how many Arsenal players would get into the Tottenham team?' question. This talk began with Redknapp's team in 2010/11.

However, the fact was that any games vs Arsenal, even in this period, could be counted on to be close games where Arsenal battered us for long periods and even when we won, it was all too uncomfortable for words. Yesterday was different and Arsenal were second best the whole match.

Well there's a new and welcome experience!

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 2567
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/1/2017 1:13:38 PM   
shunwick

quote:

warspite1

I don't know enough about how the game works to make predictions, but with Jose in charge, Braintree will be in the Premier League within 6 months

At a press conference outside the Town Hall in Braintree, Jose Mourinho responded to Warspite1's season prediction for Braintree... "Really? Always he cry about Tottenham -- We win another game so we are going to get relegated -- I tell my players about this prediction, they call him Wally Warspite.."

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2568
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/1/2017 3:24:05 PM   
VPaulus

Will we have a St Wenger's Day now as opposed to St. Totteringham's Day?

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2569
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/1/2017 8:49:50 PM   
shunwick

Mourinho at Braintree

31 July 2016

Pre-season training has gone well and Braintree have played three friendlies in July in preparation for the new season with no injuries to worry about.

Home v Cambridge Utd 1-1
Southend v Away 1-1
Home v Birmingham 0-1

Considering the opposition not bad but these are pre-season friendlies ...

Braintree have one more friendly on 1 August 2016 Home v Ipswich

And the new season begins on Saturday 6th August 2016 with an away game at North Ferriby. In real-life, that was a 0-0 draw.

Mourinho has brought in two players so far.

Lee Naylor, a 36 year old left back on a free. Naylor has been out of the game for a year after being released from Derby. Considering his age, it looks as though he has been brought in just for this season. A decent player, began at Wolves before moving to Celtic for £600,000 and then realesed by Celtic on a free three years later going to Derby. Was a first team regular for Wolves and Celtic. It looks as though Derby picked him up as a backup player.

The other player brought in is 19 year-old Nigerian left winger, Fumnaya Shomotun on a six month loan from Barnet.

Looks like Mourinho is going to be playing a 4-3-3.

The latest betting puts Braintree in 22nd place at 600-1. So many players making their Debuts.

Next update will be 31 August.

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 5/2/2017 4:09:24 PM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 2570
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/2/2017 4:29:55 PM   
shunwick

Mourinho at Braintree

31 August 2016

Friendly
1/8 Home v Ipswich 0-2

National League - Result in real life in brackets.

6/8 North Ferriby v Away 0-2, Goodman & Sanderson (0-0 IRL)
9/8 Home v Eastleigh 1-1, Barnard (1-1 IRL)
13/8 Home v Macclesfield 1-1, Isaac (1-3 IRL)
16/8 Maidstone v Away 0-0 (2-1 IRL)
20/8 Home v Aldershot 2-0, Barnard 2 (2-0 IRL)
27/8 Barrow v Away 1-1, Shomotun (2-1 IRL)
29/8 Home v Torquay 2-1, Corne & Midson (1-3 IRL)

Braintree are 4th with 3 wins and 4 draws = 13 pts. Gatehead top the league at this point with 16 pts. In real life at this point we had 5 pts.

Interestingly, the bookies still have Braintree in 22nd place but their odds have lengthened to 1000-1.

Eight games in August (including the friendly) and don't forget the Braintree lads are all part-timers. Braintree's seven game unbeaten run is a Braintree record.

No new players brought in but two players Claudio Dias, a 21 year-old right winger and Callum Wintrip, a 20 year old left back have been released on free's.

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 5/2/2017 4:33:38 PM >

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2571
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/3/2017 1:11:54 PM   
shunwick

Mourinho at Braintree

30 September 2016

3/9 Guiesley v Away 1-1, Isaac (0-0 IRL)
10/9 Home v Gateshead 2-2, Sanderson & Isaac (1-4 IRL)
13/9 Sutton v Away 1-1, Midson (1-2 IRL)
17/9 Chester v Away 2-1, Hall-Johnson (1-0 IRL)
24/9 Home v Forest Green 2-3, Corne, Cheek (0-1 IRL)

September brings only 3 points (4 points IRL) and I think it's fair to say the honeymoon is over. So with twelve games gone Braintree have dropped to 13th with 3 wins, 7 draws and 2 defeats for 16 pts. It was at this point in the season in real life that Jamie Day was sacked as Braintree manager after only 12 games in charge with 9 pts.

Mourinho has brought in a new Asssitant Manager, Lee Johnson 35 ex- Rwanda manager. Since Johnson has come in at £550 a week, I have upped Jose's wages to £600 a week to keep him the highest paid staff meember.

No players brought in but Seya Okunola (21 yr old Striker) has been released ona free, Barney Williams (21 yr old right back) has has joined Worcester on a 3 month loan, and Billy Osborne (22 yr old attacking midfielder) has been released on a free.

Barney Williams going to Worcester is interesting because that leaves Mourinho with no cover for right back.

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 5/3/2017 1:21:00 PM >

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2572
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/3/2017 4:40:40 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

At a press conference outside the Town Hall in Braintree, Jose Mourinho responded to Warspite1's season prediction for Braintree... "Really? Always he cry about Tottenham -- We win another game so we are going to get relegated -- I tell my players about this prediction, they call him Sensible Warspite who has obviously been supporting Spurs all his life and knows just how much of a **** up club they are."

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

Fixed that for you

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2573
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/3/2017 10:20:04 PM   
shunwick

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

At a press conference outside the Town Hall in Braintree, Jose Mourinho responded to Warspite1's season prediction for Braintree... "Really? Always he cry about Tottenham -- We win another game so we are going to get relegated -- I tell my players about this prediction, they call him Wally Warspite..."

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

I think the name Wally Warspite suits me perfectly

Fixed that for you!

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 5/3/2017 10:21:31 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2574
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/4/2017 3:53:55 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

At a press conference outside the Town Hall in Braintree, Jose Mourinho responded to Warspite1's season prediction for Braintree... "Really? Always he cry about Tottenham -- We win another game so we are going to get relegated -- I tell my players about this prediction, they call him Wally Warspite..."

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

I think the name Wally Warspite suits me perfectly

Fixed that for you!

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

Ohh lovely, that's much better.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2575
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/4/2017 2:20:20 PM   
shunwick

Mourinho at Braintree

31 October 2016

1/10 Lincoln v Away 2-0 (3-0 IRL)
4/10 Home v Boreham Wood 1-2, Isaac (1-2 IRL)
8/10 Home v York 2-1, Hall-Johnson & Midson (1-1 IRL)

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

15/10 Home v Dartford 0-2 Ooo... A fiery match this one... 5 players booked and Chez Isaac sent off for a really bad tackle after 15 mins. Braintree dominated play and lost... In real life Home v Bromley 4-2...

National League

22/10 Dover v Away 1-2. Barnard & Midson (6-1 IRL)
25/10 Woking v Away 1-2, Shomotun & Cheek (2-3 IRL)
29/10 Home v Sollihull 3-1, Midson, Cheek, Barnard (0-1 IRL)

Brought In

Tom Cadman 18 year old Central Defender on loan from Brighton for the rest of the season. Looks a decent player and is replacing Jon Ashton who at 34 is quite slow these days. Cadman is almost a perfect fit for central defender at this level although he does have very low determination. Not sure how Mourinho will handle that since he not noted for liking players who lack application.

Going Out

Alex Hershall 22 year old left winger released on a free.

18 games gone w7 d7 l4 = 28 points and Braintree are up to 10th place. Lincoln currently top the table wit 36 points.

The Braintree team is relatively stable (given that Isaac had an automatic 3 match ban for the sending off and then the FA gave him another 2 games on top of that)...

Beasant (goalkeeper)
Hall-Johnson, Goodman, Cadman, Naylor (Flat back four)
Sanderson (Defensive midfielder sitting just in front of the back four)
Isaac, Corne (Central midfielders)
Midson, Shomotun (Wide attacking midfielders)
Barnard (or Cheek) (Target man/striker)

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2576
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/5/2017 2:25:36 PM   
shunwick

Mourinho at Braintree

30 November 2016

05/11 Home v Eastbourne (7-0 IRL FA Cup)
12/11 Wrexham v Away 2-0 (0-1 IRL)
19/11 Home v Tranmere 3-1, Barnard 2 & Cheek (0-1 IRL)
22/11 Home v Bromley 3-1, Corne, Shomotun, Cheek (2-2 IRL)
26/11 Southport v Away 2-2, Sanderson & Midson (4-5 IRL and apparently quite a game)
29/11 Boreham v Away 3-1, Cheek (0-1 IRL*)

No game on the 5th because of FA Cup and Braintree got knocked out and there was no real life game on 29 again due to Braintree about to lose away to Millwall 5-2 in the FA Cup on 4/12. The Boreham game IRL was rearranged to 20/12.

23 played Won 9 Drew 8 Lost 6 for 35 points. Lincoln still top. Braintree move up to 9th place.

Out

Daniel Lincoln 21 year old Goalkeeper released on Free

Morale is okay for everyone in the squad except for Beasant and Cadman whose morale is described as Abysmal. Beasant's confidence probably due to the Boreham game where he had an absolute shocker of a game. Cadman's morale is possibly due to Mourinho getting on his back over his lack of determination.

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2577
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/5/2017 10:47:57 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are Spurs still Spursey?

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

Don't speak too soon! It was not until this point last year, with 4 games to go, that Jamie Redknapp announced Spurs would win every game until the end of the season - only for Spursey to collapse (taking 2 points from 12).

Now, after beating Arsenal, we have 4 games left and today on Sky Sports, Jamie Redknapp stated that Spurs will win all their remaining games of the season.......

warspite1

....and normal service has been resumed....

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2578
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/5/2017 11:42:37 PM   
shunwick

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are Spurs still Spursey?

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

warspite1

....and normal service has been resumed....

This will cheer you up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0IXrGVyYXY

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2579
RE: All things Football (soccer) related - 5/6/2017 4:28:08 PM   
shunwick

Mourinho at Braintree

31 December 2016

National League – Real Life results in Brackets

3/12 Home v Sutton 0-2 (1-0 IRL played on 10/1/17)

FA Cup Round Round 2 IRL

4/12 Millwall v Away (5-2 IRL)

FA Trophy Round 1

10/12 Home v Margate 2-1, Corne, Shomotun ( Home v Torquay 2-0 IRL)

National League

17/12 Gateshead v Away 2-0 (1-1 IRL)
26/12 Home v Dagenham & Redbridge 0-2 (3-2 IRL – a great game this one)

So apart from the win against Sutton in the FA Trophy, it has been a pretty bleak month for Mourinho’s men. Braintree have dropped to 15th in the table Pl 26 W9 D8 L9 Pts 35. Lincoln still top the table on 52 points.

Morale has dropped significantly throughout the squad although Beasant’s and Cadman’s morale have improved to Very Poor and Poor respectively. There are quite a few Poor morale players throughout the squad.

In
Milan Butterfield 18 year old Defensive Midfielder on loan from Walsall for the rest of the season. Butterfield is a Grenadian International with 6 caps and 1 international goal to his credit so far.

As much as I can tell, Butterfield replaces Sanderson in the role just in front of the back four. Sanderson replaces Isaac in the central midfiled. Isaac replaces Midson as the attacking midfielder on the right. Midson now joins Barnard and Cheek as the lone striker. Mourinho seems to be rotating these three probably due to fitness issues.

Out

Craig Braham-Barrat 28 year old left back released on a free.

Let’s see what the New Year brings.

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 5/6/2017 4:34:31 PM >

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 2580
Page:   <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: All things Football (soccer) related Page: <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI