Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Battle for Korea

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Battle for Korea Page: <<   < prev  126 127 [128] 129 130   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/1/2014 3:50:09 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

I really should start doing it like that. This time I actually had a copy of the text though. But when I was to crtl+v I accidently hit ctrl+c and overwrote the "copy" with a copy of nothing.

I was banging my head against the keyboard after that...

So? In a text editor, you just then hit ctrl+z to undo the last change and get it all back. I've done that more than once with my AAR posts. Works in the forum's post editor box, too.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3811
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/1/2014 3:52:37 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

I really should start doing it like that. This time I actually had a copy of the text though. But when I was to crtl+v I accidently hit ctrl+c and overwrote the "copy" with a copy of nothing.

I was banging my head against the keyboard after that...

So? In a text editor, you just then hit ctrl+z to undo the last change and get it all back. I've done that more than once with my AAR posts. Works in the forum's post editor box, too.

In some browsers you can ctrl-z also :).

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3812
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/1/2014 3:57:49 PM   
JocMeister

Wouldn´t have worked in this instance. The forum ate the first post (which I ctrl+c before I sent it) so I opened a new "post reply" window. But when I was going to do a ctrl+v I missed and hit ctrl+c instead. So there was nothing to "undo". But if I had written the post in an external text editor I would of course still have had the post.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 3813
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/1/2014 4:39:48 PM   
JocMeister

20th June -45

Very quiet turn. Won´t be tomorrow though...

------------------------
Korea
------------------------

Nothing to report really. The Gunzan stack has grown to 7800 AV now. Have to be patient now until the troops from Masan arrives.

quote:

Ground combat at Gunzan (102,52)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 3532 troops, 291 guns, 262 vehicles, Assault Value = 4611

Defending force 242879 troops, 3029 guns, 1323 vehicles, Assault Value = 7883

Japanese ground losses:
412 casualties reported
Squads: 10 destroyed, 19 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 8 (4 destroyed, 4 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
Guns lost 29 (10 destroyed, 19 disabled)
Vehicles lost 6 (2 destroyed, 4 disabled)

Moppo reached level 9 this turn. This set in motion a few things. Firstly I moved in 600 fighters. Secondly I moved in all the Amphibs to unload during the night. Thirdly I sent forth some powerful naval forces to interdict any Japanese ships coming towards Moppo to bombard.

12 CAs, 8 CLs and about 100 DDs race towards Moppo and beyond at full speed. They are all set Moppo as their homeport. The plan is that they will crash into Eriks BB/CA TFs before Moppo protecting the Amphibs and then retire in under the CAP before daybreak.

I predict things to go completely bonkers though so I held back 4 Modern CAs and 12 Modern CLs together with the 6 Fast BBs for tomorrow as a reserve.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Not much to report. The CMA reaches parts of the new superstack. Erik has taken up position in defensive terrain. I ordered a bombardment to see whats there. If its too much to deal with I´ll have to wait for reinforcements.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3814
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/1/2014 4:59:02 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

Not much to report. The CMA reaches parts of the new superstack. Erik has taken up position in defensive terrain. I ordered a bombardment to see whats there. If its too much to deal with I´ll have to wait for reinforcements.

I suspect at this point you can 1/2 the estimated adjusted AV at this point. It has been my experience and thoughts
that those superstacks consume more supply than having the same forces in different stacks. One thing I am thinking
is that the roads and type are factors of how much supply goes to the units each pulse. So a huge stack has a demand
that is governed by the roads to supply. No supply and AV can be quartered .. in addition combat results are altered
plus unsupplied units do not reform disablements ...

The IJ movements in Korea I bet will have an interesting effect once the supply pulse is calculated and it starts
moving based on the demand in one hex ..

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3815
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/1/2014 6:23:10 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

Wouldn´t have worked in this instance. The forum ate the first post (which I ctrl+c before I sent it) so I opened a new "post reply" window. But when I was going to do a ctrl+v I missed and hit ctrl+c instead. So there was nothing to "undo". But if I had written the post in an external text editor I would of course still have had the post.

Can't "undo" in that first window, before opening the post reply?

I've never had a "forum ate the post problem" - if the connection times out, I simply hit 'back'. If I accidentally delete the post, I Ctrl-Z it back into existence. I can't be doing anything terribly different than you guys.

I just use Firefox (though I should switch to Chrome), and the only addons I use are NoScript and AdBlock.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3816
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/1/2014 8:16:10 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
Can't "undo" in that first window, before opening the post reply?

I've never had a "forum ate the post problem" - if the connection times out, I simply hit 'back'. If I accidentally delete the post, I Ctrl-Z it back into existence. I can't be doing anything terribly different than you guys.

I just use Firefox (though I should switch to Chrome), and the only addons I use are NoScript and AdBlock.

I get an error message and when I press back I only get blank screen. Undo doesn´t do anything.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 3817
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/1/2014 8:42:31 PM   
JocMeister

21th June -45

Anticlimactic...

------------------------
Korea
------------------------

The expected attack never comes. I manage to land 6 divisions, 3 Combat Engineer Regiments, 400 Shermans, 8 artillery units, 700.000 supply and 200.000 fuel completely undisturbed. With 1,2 million supply I guess I´m set for a month or two.

The Amphibs will withdraw back under the CV cover. I leave 3 CAs, 4 Clevelands, 60 Fletchers and about 200 PTs to ward off any bombardment. Even if Erik did try its very unlikely he would get through with any ammo left for an bombardment.

Last turn I started moving out 2 Corps HQs from Masan. Looks like Erik might think I´m shifting troops to Gunzan because I immediately spotted movement out from Masan this turn.

The 600 Fighters remain in place. Its highly unlikely Erik will try something from the air. If something is coming I think it will be from the sea. Then again Erik really likes to sink ships. So he might try turning all the LBA on to hit the ships at Moppo. Most likely I would be happy with that trade. He probably only have one shot left and if I can trigger that with a couple of CAs/CLs and DDs I should probably be happy about it.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Interesting day here. Some good and some bad. Here is the good.

quote:

Ground combat at Siangtan (81,52)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 204630 troops, 1304 guns, 162 vehicles, Assault Value = 11205

Defending force 25109 troops, 227 guns, 84 vehicles, Assault Value = 287

Allied engineers reduce fortifications to 2

Allied adjusted assault: 4319

Japanese adjusted defense: 16

Allied assault odds: 269 to 1 (fort level 2)

Allied forces CAPTURE Siangtan !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: disruption(-), preparation(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
11460 casualties reported
Squads: 645 destroyed, 40 disabled
Non Combat: 1319 destroyed, 27 disabled
Engineers: 22 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 178 (169 destroyed, 9 disabled)
Vehicles lost 74 (74 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 18
Units destroyed 9

Allied ground losses:
918 casualties reported
Squads: 3 destroyed, 193 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 14 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled

Although it lists almost 11k AV its only about 3500 that takes part in the attack. The rest were in move mode and just arrived from the West.

The CMA unfortunately ran into a road block.

quote:

Ground combat at 88,55 (near Chuhsien)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2856 troops, 18 guns, 282 vehicles, Assault Value = 1658

Defending force 25255 troops, 187 guns, 40 vehicles, Assault Value = 907

Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
Provisionl Tank Brigade
Gardner's Horse Regiment
19th Motorised Division
255th Indian Tank Brigade
Guides Cavalry Regiment
18th Cavalry Regiment
50th Tank Brigade
254th Armoured Brigade
17th Motorised Division

Defending units:
88th Infantry Brigade
13th Division
72nd Ind.Mixed Brigade
71st Ind.Mixed Brigade
43rd Army

Another 100k troops are moving to the hex and I´m unsure when it will shift so I don´t dare an attack for now. Most importantly it looks like Erik is trying to cut me off too. Not too worried though. I have a little surprise brewing.

He even set some bombers on the CMA. No effect noted though as flak seemed to deal with them.

quote:

Morning Air attack on 17th Motorised Division, at 88,55 , near Chuhsien

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid spotted at 8 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 2 minutes

Japanese aircraft
B7A2 Grace x 33

Japanese aircraft losses
B7A2 Grace: 6 damaged
B7A2 Grace: 3 destroyed by flak

Allied ground losses:
62 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 3/1/2014 9:49:34 PM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3818
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/2/2014 5:39:58 AM   
JocMeister

21th June -45 - Strategic Bombing

Forgot to add this to the last update. Another good turn here as we hit Sam and Frank factories at Gifu. Heavy defense here though with 30NFs on patrol. While "only" 14 B29s are lost the high pace of operation are taking its toll. Of 611 B29s only 302 are currently operational. The rest are repairing damage.

Ki-83r Frank: 100 (-48)
A7M2 Sam: 202 (-20)
J2M5 Jack 145
Ki-83: 22
Ki-44 Tojo: 111
N1K2-J George: 72
Ki-100-I Tony: 67
Ki-102c Randy: 73
Ki-43-IV Oscar: 153
J7W1-Shinden: 3
Ki-46-III KAI 18
J1N1-Sa Irving 0

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3819
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/2/2014 7:56:29 AM   
JocMeister

22th June -45

Another fairly quiet turn.

------------------------
Korea
------------------------

Bombardments at Gunzan and Masan continue. No air missions flown. This will change tomorrow as 300 4Es and 110 2Es rebase to Moppo. Erik pulled back his BB/CAs even further. Still within bombardment range though. I hope with the bombers at Moppo and the fleet pulling back that I can entice him to try something here.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Yikes! Supply is starting to get low. I´ve burned throw 1,8 million supply here in the last month. Is that even possible?? Going to go through tracker and see if the supply has flown backwards into Thailand and Burma.

Erik indeed moved a unit up behind the CMA and more is coming. Its x3 terrain though so dislodging me should be very hard. Especially since he is conveniently within 4E range from Naha...

My little surprise is still a couple of days off.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3820
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/2/2014 11:50:10 AM   
JocMeister

Moppo

Strategically I´m very close to meeting the goal I set for the Korea invasion. A fully operational level 9 AF at Moppo means that the B29s can now carry a full bomb load over the entire HI without stacking penalties. More importantly it puts 90% of the Japanese factories within B17/B24 range.

It also means I can stop with rotating bombers and fighters in and out between Luzon and the Okinawas. This should increase strike frequency as wear and tear.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3821
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/2/2014 1:14:24 PM   
ny59giants

Would focusing on destroying his NF factories help at this point?? If he is hurt here, then your night bombing efforts would improve if he is short of airframes.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3822
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/2/2014 1:22:02 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Would focusing on destroying his NF factories help at this point?? If he is hurt here, then your night bombing efforts would improve if he is short of airframes.

Working on it. See bottom of post 3808!

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 3823
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/2/2014 4:01:20 PM   
witpqs

Hey Joc,

What have you been doing with pilots in your 4EB? Have you moved the best pilots to the B-29 groups? How do the pilots of other type 4EB groups compare to the B-29 pilots?

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3824
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/2/2014 4:20:33 PM   
JocMeister

Well, during the Marianas campaign most of the B29s had superb pilots. Often 70-90 EXP with 80-99 in GRND skill and DEF. Most of them are gone now though. In general my bomber pilots are EXP 45 GRND 70 before I put them in a plane. Been trying to keep the best among the B29s but in all honestly pretty much all my bomber pilots are rookies by now.

Losses have been horrendous and getting EXP up for the bomber pilots is sooooo slow. Some of the B29 squadrons still have a core of very good pilots but...life expectancy among the 4E pilots are...short.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3825
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/2/2014 5:35:07 PM   
JocMeister

Only got one turn done today. Its back to Erik but I´m too tired to do the update. Have a bad feeling for tomorrow.

Hopefully its just me being tired.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3826
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 5:22:39 AM   
JocMeister

23rd-24th June -45

Nothing bad happened which was welcome!

------------------------
Korea
------------------------

Actually not too much to report. The rebased 4Es strike Gunzan on the 23rd. Some of them are set to attack the airfield to prevent fort building. We are causing around 1000 casualties per day but given there are 360.000 troops its only a scratch. Still we did manage to shave off almost 100 AV with ground and air bombardments.

On the 24th we shift target and strike the industry at Mukden. First the B29s go in during the night and do horrible. 550 B29s manages a stunning 1 LI hit. The daylight B24s do a lot better on knocks out 67 points of HI. No CAP was up. Very odd considering this is the biggest Japanese industry complex on mainland Asia. I´ll shift the bombers tomorrow but let the sweeps continue.

At Moppo a small 3 MTB TF shows up during the night. I think Erik is simply trying to gauge the opposition. He only got a look at a Fletcher TF and two PT TFs. His SCTF are on station. Still pulled back to the east. But still close enough that he could potentially bombard Moppo. It would be at max range though (9 hexes) and only the CAs and Yamatos could reach.

There is a slight problem with this setup though...its within strike range of the allied CVs. I´ll put a map up. Might be a very good opportunity here.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Small battles all over China. Big event is in the mountains where the ex defenders of Tsuyung are shattered outside Kunming.

quote:

Ground combat at 68,47 (near Kunming)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 35460 troops, 810 guns, 524 vehicles, Assault Value = 718

Defending force 13576 troops, 84 guns, 19 vehicles, Assault Value = 231

Allied adjusted assault: 390

Japanese adjusted defense: 193

Allied assault odds: 2 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), morale(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
5060 casualties reported
Squads: 131 destroyed, 10 disabled
Non Combat: 115 destroyed, 6 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 10 (10 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 3 (3 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 5

Allied ground losses:
386 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 20 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 10 disabled
Guns lost 13 (1 destroyed, 12 disabled)

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

My troops are now shot though. I doubt they will recover before the game is up. They were only half strength to begin with though and thats why I chose to send them here in the first place. I´ve sent some Chinese units to guard Kunming while these troops will move onto the rail in China.

The CMA is out of the woods. We have a Tank division facing us in x3 terrain. Normally I would attack but despite flying in supply from Canton I can´t get these guys into supply. I have another 500k convoy on its way but its still 2-3 weeks out. Will have to halt offensive operations in China for now. I´ll mop up the Changsha and Canton/HK stack for now.

Map coming.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3827
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 5:37:51 AM   
JocMeister

To strike or not to strike...

Here is a map of the situation.

PROS:
- If I could get rid of the BBs there are no longer any threat to Moppo. Neither the KB nor LBA can close the base.
- Not having to worry about Naval bombardments means I could rebase the B29s to Moppo. That would put the entire HI within normal range of the B29. Full bombload would mean their effectiveness would be doubled.

CONS:
- I can´t control where my strikes fly. They might just as well strike some "Es" somewhere under heavy LRCAP.
- If I wreck my strike planes my CVs will be out of action for at least 2 weeks.
- If I wreck my strike planes I will open up for the KB to safely try and counter strike.

I´m currently leaning towards going for it. Removing the threat of bombardments would be a huge relief. What say you guys?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3828
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 7:19:21 AM   
Encircled

I don't think you need to risk it to be honest

Everything is going to plan and he might be tempted to attack you if you can just leave a juicy enough bait

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3829
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 7:24:38 AM   
RogerJNeilson

He is the one who needs to take risks......

Roger

An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 3830
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 7:36:24 AM   
morejeffs

I tend to agree with Roger and Encircled...You do not gain that much by damaging sinking his ships (and you can now do that if he attacks Moppo directly). But your plans get messed up by a defeat..In addition, your offensive in China is now stalled while waiting for supplies....You should be applying pressure in at least one area.

(in reply to RogerJNeilson)
Post #: 3831
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 7:47:24 AM   
JocMeister

Thanks for the advice guys. You are right. No need to take any unnecessary chances right now. With his SCTFs 9 hexes from Moppo all he can reach with is 3 CAs and 2 BBs. Not enough to cause much (if any) damage. And rushing them in from max distance mean they most likely will end up in "Indian country" come daybreak.

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 3/3/2014 8:58:35 AM >

(in reply to morejeffs)
Post #: 3832
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 9:58:44 AM   
Powloon

Is there any chance of turning the tables on your opponent and using your own naval forces in a bombardment role for instance at Gunzan (I'm assuming this is a coastal hex) to raise disruption and close the airfield or on Kyushu to descourage him from basing planes there or even Fusan to burn up supply?

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3833
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 10:16:38 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: Powloon

Is there any chance of turning the tables on your opponent and using your own naval forces in a bombardment role for instance at Gunzan (I'm assuming this is a coastal hex) to raise disruption and close the airfield or on Kyushu to descourage him from basing planes there or even Fusan to burn up supply?

Yes, problem is that it would be kind of a "one shot deal". They would have to head back to Naha to rearm and would need CV cover most of the way for that.

Going to try and use those Mortar/Gun/Rocket LSTs I get. Not sure if it will work but I´m going to try and unload supplies at Gunzan with some of those embedded and see if they shoot at the troops there.

Could work? If so they can rearm at Moppo!

(in reply to Powloon)
Post #: 3834
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 10:26:58 AM   
Powloon

Can you not get some naval support and AKE's to Moppo (and/or Saishu To) to rearm the big boys or do you not feel that this base is secure enough yet? If you used Moppo as your base of operations you would be back under cover of land based CAP by daytime or am i missing something?

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3835
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 10:36:00 AM   
JocMeister

I only have 4 AEs capable of rearming the 16 inch guns. I´m very reluctant to risk them at Moppo under the current situation. Losing even one or two would be catastrophic. But I hope to use Moppo as a base of operations in the near future. But right now I don´t dare disbanding them at Moppo.

(in reply to Powloon)
Post #: 3836
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 10:46:09 AM   
JocMeister

Change of pace

Starting tomorrow I´m back to work with my paternal leave being over for this time. A bit mixed feeling but mostly positive.

This means from now on Erik and I will only be able to do 1 turn per day. If we manage two in Sat and Sun that would mean only 9 per week. So pace will drop considerable from now on.

I hope I can keep up the quality of the AAR but much of the posting I have been doing while Ida takes her midday nap. I´ll do my best though.

I also told Erik he can read up to page 100 if he want to. So don´t panic if you see him in here.

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 3/3/2014 12:01:26 PM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3837
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 12:42:12 PM   
JocMeister

25th June -45

Not too much to report. Only seen the replay.

------------------------
Korea
------------------------

Usual bombings at Gunzan. Not having too much of an effect.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon Air attack on Gunzan , at 102,52

Weather in hex: Partial cloud

Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 26 minutes

Allied aircraft
Liberator B.VI x 11
B-24J Liberator x 9
B-24J Liberator x 29
P-38J Lightning x 18

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
284 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 44 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 54 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Guns lost 8 (1 destroyed, 7 disabled)

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 10

I also try to hit some of the MTBs at Masan but doesn´t inflict much damage as most escape.

------------------------
China
------------------------

The 2Es continue to wreck havoc on the ex-Changsha defenders. Only destroyed squads seem to indicate everything is already disabled. They are in a clear hex trying to escape East.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon Air attack on 7th Area Army, at 81,53 , near Changsha

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid spotted at 34 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Allied aircraft
P-51D Mustang x 5
Thunderbolt I x 8
Thunderbolt II x 8
A-26B Invader x 11
B-25H Mitchell x 18
B-25J1 Mitchell x 39
B-25J11 Mitchell x 40
PBJ-1J Mitchell x 11

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J1 Mitchell: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
1138 casualties reported
Squads: 60 destroyed, 11 disabled
Non Combat: 65 destroyed, 15 disabled
Guns lost 10 (3 destroyed, 7 disabled)

Afternoon Air attack on 51st Division, at 81,53 , near Changsha

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Allied aircraft
Thunderbolt I x 8
A-26B Invader x 18
B-25D1 Mitchell x 13
B-25J1 Mitchell x 12
B-25J11 Mitchell x 11
PBJ-1D Mitchell x 10

Allied aircraft losses
PBJ-1D Mitchell: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
705 casualties reported
Squads: 38 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 38 destroyed, 15 disabled
Guns lost 7 (5 destroyed, 2 disabled)

Yeah...thats all!

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3838
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 1:13:12 PM   
ny59giants

Per Manual, 16" shells can be loaded at Port 6 with 940 Naval Support (NS). No NS needed at size 7. Build up Moppo port and unload some fuel there.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3839
RE: Battle for Korea - 3/3/2014 1:33:20 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Per Manual, 16" shells can be loaded at Port 6 with 940 Naval Support (NS). No NS needed at size 7. Build up Moppo port and unload some fuel there.

Good point! Didn´t consider the NavSupport adding reload capabilities. I don´t really understand the table though. I have 1876 NavSupport at Moppo which is a level 3 port. Would that enable me to reload the 16 inch mk6 and mk7?

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 3840
Page:   <<   < prev  126 127 [128] 129 130   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Battle for Korea Page: <<   < prev  126 127 [128] 129 130   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI