Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/27/2014 5:55:24 PM   
Rahal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rahal
Like I said I'm new to this game so not that hard would have to be simply copying the Shadows' mod files into a theme folder for Universe.

-- That being said if anyone could use some text-editor legwork from a complete noob (still learning to even play the game), then I'd be happy to volunteer.

< Message edited by Rahal -- 5/27/2014 7:55:27 PM >

(in reply to Rahal)
Post #: 181
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/27/2014 11:13:00 PM   
Mad Igor

to adapt this mod for U,all you need is time.
then you need to take all txt files and check how structure of those text files was changed compared to U.
i adapted my theme and i say there are no global changes.
resource index numbers shifted by -1 or somtn.
you can see all changed index numbers in files that store data about those things (resources in resources.txt,race in race.txt and so on).
no global work needed,only time consuming tweaks.

(in reply to Rahal)
Post #: 182
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/29/2014 12:20:52 AM   
Demonius

I think I made it to work. Game starts without trouble and everything looks alright.

I replaced some of the troop names, some resource names and put my Systems Alliance custom flag in.

Just need to find a spot to upload it to, as Strategy Informer refuses to send me the email confirmation link :p

< Message edited by Demonius -- 5/29/2014 1:21:15 AM >

(in reply to Mad Igor)
Post #: 183
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/29/2014 7:36:27 PM   
Rahal

moddb?

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 184
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/30/2014 9:38:25 PM   
heenka

is this even being worked on ? and if it is it would be nice with some responses from the modders :/ but hey who am i to say anything :)

(in reply to Rahal)
Post #: 185
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/31/2014 12:53:42 PM   
Rahal

Some people have said they're updating for their own use. If they feel like it they'll upload it somewhere so others can enjoy.

(in reply to heenka)
Post #: 186
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/31/2014 11:21:58 PM   
Demonius

It's a bit tricky. Seems I cant Register at Strategy Informer for whatever reason, and ModDB states I'm not allowed to upload a Mod that already exists - and Kalthaniell uploaded the original Version on ModDB...

(in reply to Rahal)
Post #: 187
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/31/2014 11:28:32 PM   
AnddyiRaynor

Can you not rename it something else or do they have to verify the mod when you upload it? Or is one of the moderators there telling you that you can't upload it?

< Message edited by AnddyiRaynor -- 6/1/2014 12:29:13 AM >

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 188
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/31/2014 11:37:11 PM   
Demonius

Lets try this then

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24266885/MassEffect+mod+2.1+Universe.zip

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 189
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/31/2014 11:45:28 PM   
AnddyiRaynor

Only problem is that if the mod is inactive (not downloaded) for 6 months it is deleted from gamefront.

Edit, Yeah 60 days, I'd rather not make a new post so I'll just edit this. Oh well I have it ;)...

< Message edited by AnddyiRaynor -- 6/1/2014 12:57:42 AM >

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 190
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/31/2014 11:55:10 PM   
Demonius

Well I still have it here - and the few People who might want to have a look at it and curse me afterwards will download it soon anyways.

And iirc it's 60 days, not 6 months.

< Message edited by Demonius -- 6/1/2014 12:55:57 AM >

(in reply to AnddyiRaynor)
Post #: 191
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 12:56:39 AM   
heenka

well the sad part about this is that i cant download from gamefront well no one in sweden can :/ it would be nice if you could somehow get it to some other site :/ or ask kalthaniel if you can upload it on moddb i mean you give him the file and he uploads it :)

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 192
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 1:41:24 AM   
Demonius

use an open Proxy/anonymizer?

(in reply to heenka)
Post #: 193
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 11:39:43 AM   
Rahal

Thanks for doing this. Very much appreciated.

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 194
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 12:21:53 PM   
Demonius

2 strange things I noticed which I don't believe are connected to the mod:

At start, you have an extreme shortage of the original Helium (which i renamed to Deuterium)
and my home planet had zero natural resources...

< Message edited by Demonius -- 6/1/2014 1:22:41 PM >

(in reply to Rahal)
Post #: 195
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 3:46:56 PM   
Rahal

I just started a game and my home planet (as humans) has 4 natural resources plus some Quarians.

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 196
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 4:11:17 PM   
Qthemuse

quote:

I just started a game and my home planet (as humans) has 4 natural resources plus some Quarians.

DAMN SPACE GYSPIES! I hope you set your race policy to exterminate!

(in reply to Rahal)
Post #: 197
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 4:45:55 PM   
Rahal

On behalf of the Citadel and allied races: The Council is honored to welcome the Ambassador Farrage as the new envoy from the UKIP Alliance?

... and I thought the Batarians were swivel eyed...

(in reply to Qthemuse)
Post #: 198
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 4:54:45 PM   
AnddyiRaynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Demonius

2 strange things I noticed which I don't believe are connected to the mod:

At start, you have an extreme shortage of the original Helium (which i renamed to Deuterium)
and my home planet had zero natural resources...

Yeah I started as humans and had 4 starting resources, I wonder though if you get any popups when you switch from this mod to the default theme, because I did. When I did it with another mod it didn't show that error popup.

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 199
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 5:09:46 PM   
Rahal

No errors here when I revert to default theme from mass effect mod 2.1

-- There is one thing I'd like to ask. Is it possible to remove or replace the vanilla Human race?

So I don't have both the vanilla human and mod humans in the same game.

< Message edited by Rahal -- 6/1/2014 6:13:06 PM >

(in reply to AnddyiRaynor)
Post #: 200
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 5:17:14 PM   
Taeryc

Theres a few messed up things, yeah. Like starting on a planet that has independent populations (and thus you annex them) - I managed to get the graphics mostly working as well, though that was in a haze last night and I forget. Stars are messed up though so had to delete that aspect, over all, however, it seems alright, bar a few effects/effect sounds, but thats cosmetic.

At least on the bright side, with the better editor and the alliance shipset I love so much in Universe I can do crazy things, yay! Not that I can link it, but its basically an idealized Sol System with 6 factions. Its.. interesting.

(in reply to Rahal)
Post #: 201
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2014 5:32:11 PM   
AnddyiRaynor

quote:

No errors here when I revert to default theme from mass effect mod 2.1

-- There is one thing I'd like to ask. Is it possible to remove or replace the vanilla Human race?

So I don't have both the vanilla human and mod humans in the same game.

Yeah in this mod the mod humans are called Humans and the default humans are called Human. There's quite a few files though that you'd have to edit to do that of course because you'd have to do the opposite of what you'd do to add a race.

(in reply to Rahal)
Post #: 202
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/7/2014 1:53:07 AM   
gerishnakov

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taeryc

Theres a few messed up things, yeah. Like starting on a planet that has independent populations (and thus you annex them) - I managed to get the graphics mostly working as well, though that was in a haze last night and I forget. Stars are messed up though so had to delete that aspect, over all, however, it seems alright, bar a few effects/effect sounds, but thats cosmetic.

Hi Taeryc, I'd be really interested to know how you fixed the problem of independent populations!

I was playing a little game the other night as a random race (Mortalen) and found a colony ship with a bunch of Asari on board in stasis. When I tried to establish a colony with that ship the game encountered a fatal error and had to exit. Not sure if that's quite the same problem you had but nevertheless I'm very curious.

What problem did you encounter with stars? I'd only like to know so I can preempt any difficulties myself!

(in reply to Taeryc)
Post #: 203
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/7/2014 9:11:13 AM   
Leng.

does anyone know what files need to be edited to disable the vanilla human? kinda problematic having 2 different humans in same game.

< Message edited by Leng. -- 6/7/2014 11:09:00 AM >

(in reply to gerishnakov)
Post #: 204
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/13/2014 10:54:21 AM   
Taeryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: gerishnakov

Hi Taeryc, I'd be really interested to know how you fixed the problem of independent populations!

I was playing a little game the other night as a random race (Mortalen) and found a colony ship with a bunch of Asari on board in stasis. When I tried to establish a colony with that ship the game encountered a fatal error and had to exit. Not sure if that's quite the same problem you had but nevertheless I'm very curious.

What problem did you encounter with stars? I'd only like to know so I can preempt any difficulties myself!

The independent population issue is probably something to do with assigning races homeworlds and starting game generation that needs to be tweaked - essentially, it can spawn your homeworld on another races homeworld (as defined by the game) when traditionally it doesnt do that. Leading to a situation where your Systems Alliance spawns on Rannoch with 350m Geth along for the ride. I say this has something to do with Universe because every game i've played of stock universe so far has spawned me in Sol as humans or Ketaros as Ketarov, etc.

That's something for other modders to deal with. In terms of random bugs and errors - theres probably a few lose ends that need to be tied up, but I don't have the knowledge (or the will) to deal with that.

The stars issue is a graphical one - i copied over the old graphics mod onto a copy of universe to see if they worked (theres a few graphics images missing, so you have to do it that way). Essentially the Universe Stars have a different shading so the stars looked off, but this was solved by deleting the ME graphics for stars and restoring the original. Its not really anything that should come up with the base version without graphics.

< Message edited by Taeryc -- 6/13/2014 11:55:29 AM >

(in reply to gerishnakov)
Post #: 205
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/13/2014 1:26:46 PM   
Solarius Scorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taeryc

The independent population issue is probably something to do with assigning races homeworlds and starting game generation that needs to be tweaked - essentially, it can spawn your homeworld on another races homeworld (as defined by the game) when traditionally it doesnt do that. Leading to a situation where your Systems Alliance spawns on Rannoch with 350m Geth along for the ride. I say this has something to do with Universe because every game i've played of stock universe so far has spawned me in Sol as humans or Ketaros as Ketarov, etc.

I think it's more of a feature than a bug. :) Having two species/civilizations sharing the same homeworld is perfectly possible; and if you don't like sharing it, you can start over.

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

(in reply to Taeryc)
Post #: 206
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/15/2014 12:33:11 PM   
bakwardub

Hello, I have a problem when I put the mod. during charging, I have the error message : Unable to load image ...Distant worlds universe\images\units\races\race_22.png

(in reply to Solarius Scorch)
Post #: 207
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/15/2014 12:56:37 PM   
Demonius

Are you sure you use the right Version/download?
It should load from here:

\Distant Worlds Universe\Customization\MassEffect mod 2.1 Universe\images\units\races

(in reply to bakwardub)
Post #: 208
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/15/2014 1:02:26 PM   
bakwardub

I have version masseffect mod 1.00

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 209
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/15/2014 1:03:55 PM   
Demonius

The version from the page 1 Download link is not Universe compatible. Check my post a bit upwards from 5/31/2014.

(in reply to bakwardub)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI