Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to automate starport construction but not ship

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How to automate starport construction but not ship Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to automate starport construction but not ship - 9/14/2012 7:29:50 AM   
Sithuk

I'd like to automate starport construction but not military ship construction.

I set the policy for construction to automate, set all the military ship types to zero, set the starport population sizes to the levels I want and set the minimum distance to zero.

The AI doesn't seem to build bases.

Ideally, I want small spaceports everywhere with all the population health, happiness and trade components and minimum defence. Cheap and cheerful and built everywhere. I keep losing them in war but they're cheap and I want them re-built as soon as the enemy fleet pulls away. I was hoping that the advisor panel would kick in every so often with a suggestion to build bases at every planet that doesn't have one and meets the minimum population criteria I have set in the policy screen. Doesn't happen. I am playing the latest patched Legends.

If there were a summary screen that shows whether my planets have spaceports or not then at least I could easily do the re-building manually. As the game currently is I have to visually scan through all my colonies which is unreasonable.

I already use the "build spaceport on colony creation" policy so that isn't an issue. The default spaceport design which is built on colony creation isn't cross-linked to the design screen when the design is upgraded, so there is the problem with old designs continuing to be built when a new colony is founded.

Automating spaceport construction would help most to ensure they are re-built when destroyed and to ensure a newly invaded world gets a spaceport queued.

How do I get the automation to work for spaceports but not military ships?
Post #: 1
RE: How to automate starport construction but not ship - 9/14/2012 10:15:19 AM   
Bingeling

I find it not too hard to see if a system got a space port from panning around the map. Two trade lines will reveal a space port, and unless a fleet happens to be parked on top it is easy to see when being zoomed quite far out. If there are multiple colonies it is a different matter, and an annoyance indeed.

If the AI does not build space ports, make sure it is not due to lack of cash. The AI likes positive cashflow.

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How to automate starport construction but not ship Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI