Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ships that Never Sailed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Ships that Never Sailed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/26/2012 10:59:22 PM   
Grfin Zeppelin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Oh what have I done...... o.O sorry for derailing this thread o.O

Grafin, it certainly was'nt you that derailed this thread

Hmmm needa try harder then next time......let me think....Oh !!!

So let me ask a *snicker* innocent question....

Could operation Sealion have succeeded ?

*cackles and runs away*

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 61
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/26/2012 11:29:24 PM   
Empire101

quote:

*cackles and runs away*

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Grfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 62
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/27/2012 5:37:30 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Empire101

quote:

Oh what have I done...... o.O sorry for derailing this thread o.O

Grafin, it certainly was'nt you that derailed this thread

*cackles and runs away*
Warspite1

Let me think for a nano second.... No, not a chance, never.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

Post #: 63
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/27/2012 3:58:59 PM   
Dili

quote:

And what was Italy doing in the 1930's while England and France were busy acting Disgracefully?

Acting several times more disgracefully.

quote:

But that is the whole point. The western democracies "gave" Hitler those political victories as an unintended consequence of trying to avoid the carnage of WWI happening all over again. Hindsight is wonderful.....Chamberlain, Daladier et al did not possess it in the 1930's.

Instead they got worse, but even then it is a false argument. How the carnage would happen with sorry state of German Army?

quote:

Thankyou for the correction.... so they have contributed nothing then.

Thank you for for showing your ignorance about a country.

quote:

The banks have absolutely nothing to do with the current economic crisis in the West.
I will immediately telephone the Bank of England, and Switzerland, to reassure those greedy, smug, and legally untouchable bankers that international capitalism is NOT responsible for enslaving half of Europe, and for the other half who have lost their jobs.

Typical disingenuous, you liked very much the credit bubble, that is why you are crying for it to come back. The nice results of it not the present payback time.

Now that is shown once again that after all in the long run we are all not dead and we have to pay you choose to blame the banks your "compagnons de route".
Since you have to blame someone, who is better than those that are easy to blame. Yep you follow:

quote:

Now who was it who warned us all about international capitalism in the past?

Coming from you, no surprise about that part. Those that want the cake and also to eat it have that common cause.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 64
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/27/2012 4:09:29 PM   
Dili

quote:

With a defeatist attitude like in Asia maybe. But then Britain would be certainly turned into another Yugoslavia. Conquered but not defeated. I am assuming that there would not be an invasion of Soviet Union in case of Sea Lion.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 65
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/27/2012 4:38:15 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dili

quote:

With a defeatist attitude like in Asia maybe. But then Britain would be certainly turned into another Yugoslavia. Conquered but not defeated. I am assuming that there would not be an invasion of Soviet Union in case of Sea Lion.

I pretty much doubt that if Britain would have been conquered it would have seen the same situation as in Yugoslavia. It would have been much like in the western countries occupied by Germany. I don't want to belittle what happened back then in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark or Norway but they pretty much got back to "normal" in the years after they got occupied, something that can't be said from Yugoslavia with the Partisan war going on there. Of course there was the Resistance in France, but that can't be compared to the Partisans in Yugoslavia.

All this is mood anyway because speaking about a succesful invasion of Britain in 39/40 is mood to start with.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 66
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/27/2012 7:02:08 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am assuming that there would not be an invasion of Soviet Union in case of Sea Lion.
warspite1

Sorry Dili but if you assume that then you simply do not understand Hitler's raison d'être and what WWII was all about.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 67
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/27/2012 7:06:21 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

But that is the whole point. The western democracies "gave" Hitler those political victories as an unintended consequence of trying to avoid the carnage of WWI happening all over again. Hindsight is wonderful.....Chamberlain, Daladier et al did not possess it in the 1930's.

Instead they got worse, but even then it is a false argument. How the carnage would happen with sorry state of German Army?

Warspite1

More hindsight....... We know they got worse, and of they had known they would have acted differently.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 68
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/27/2012 8:03:42 PM   
Dili

quote:

you simply do not understand Hitler's raison d'être and what WWII was all about.

Hitler would have postponed the war against Soviet Union if Luftwaffe had successes against RAF. If you say that Hitler wanted to take on Soviet Union i won't disagree, if you say that Hitler want to take on Soviet Union necessarily in 1941 then i will.

quote:

More hindsight....... We know they got worse, and of they had known they would have acted differently.

In the frame of mind of appeasers you can call it hindsight, in frame of mind of others it isn't. Allies keep feeding the biggest shark.
In fact that was against the traditional behavior of British Diplomacy for centuries, don't let a powerful country appear. If they can't find one outside Germany they need to find one inside.

quote:

I pretty much doubt that if Britain would have been conquered it would have seen the same situation as in Yugoslavia. It would have been much like in the western countries occupied by Germany.

I think there was a will to resist at in England that lacked in other countries. IMO Churchill wasn't an oddity. And there was also the whole Commonwealth as a moral backup.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 69
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/27/2012 9:20:16 PM   
Empire101

quote:

Thankyou for the correction.... so they have contributed nothing then.

Thank you for for showing your ignorance about a country.

Ok, I apologise that I know very little about Switzerland. You still have not answered the question though....

quote:

The banks have absolutely nothing to do with the current economic crisis in the West.
I will immediately telephone the Bank of England, and Switzerland, to reassure those greedy, smug, and legally untouchable bankers that international capitalism is NOT responsible for enslaving half of Europe, and for the other half who have lost their jobs.

Typical disingenuous, you liked very much the credit bubble, that is why you are crying for it to come back. The nice results of it not the present payback time.

Now that is shown once again that after all in the long run we are all not dead and we have to pay you choose to blame the banks your "compagnons de route".
Since you have to blame someone, who is better than those that are easy to blame. Yep you follow:

Please don't turn this into a personal attack. A total sense of humour failure by the look of things.
I hate credit, and apart from my house, I save up for items and then buy them. I give as little of my hard earned cash to banks.
And what exactly does 'in the long run we are all not dead etc' actually have to do with the discussion?

quote:

Now who was it who warned us all about international capitalism in the past?

Coming from you, no surprise about that part. Those that want the cake and also to eat it have that common cause.

I'm too much of a gentleman to rise to this type of bear-baiting and thinly disguised personal attack ( again ).

but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 70
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/27/2012 9:29:40 PM   
Nikademus

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 71
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/28/2012 12:43:46 AM   
Grfin Zeppelin

Hmmm interesting interesting.....

Best tank of ww2 ?

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 72
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/28/2012 3:16:05 AM   
borner

Probably the German Tiger B. Great gun and protection, and more mobile than given credit for. If I had to be in a tank on a wwII battlefiled this would be my tank.

performance and productability T34/85

Post #: 73
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/28/2012 9:22:53 PM   
Dili

It is you Empire101 that started by attacking a whole country between useless and evil because they have banks and made nothing more than a kookoo clock so drop of the convenient high horse of last post, your weren't there in the other post before when it was convenient to you. "in the long run we will be all dead" is the build up to debt by neo-Keyenesian mantra that debts are to not be a worry... then changes to try to blame the banks or other scapegoat when the debt bill appears when there isn't money printing machine around. If a big part of economy is build on debt and didn't produced enough wealth to pay it is logical that when credit rarefies that part of economy based solely on its existence disappears and with it the jobs.

quote:

Best tank of ww2 ?

Nice try Countess :)
How can something from 1939 can be compared to something from 1945?
About being in a tank, i think i'll prefer to be infantry.

(in reply to borner)
Post #: 74
RE: Ships that Never Sailed - 9/28/2012 9:54:26 PM   
Empire101

quote:

It is you Empire101 that started by attacking a whole country between useless and evil because they have banks and made nothing more than a kookoo clock so drop of the convenient high horse of last post, your weren't there in the other post before when it was convenient to you. "in the long run we will be all dead" is the build up to debt by neo-Keyenesian mantra that debts are to not be a worry... then changes to try to blame the banks or other scapegoat when the debt bill appears when there isn't money printing machine around. If a big part of economy is build on debt and didn't produced enough wealth to pay it is logical that when credit rarefies that part of economy based solely on its existence disappears and with it the jobs.

Thanks for the lecture. Christ knows what the hell you are talking about.
Thats quite enough from you.

Green Button

< Message edited by Empire101 -- 10/1/2012 1:15:09 AM >

- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Ships that Never Sailed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI