Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Feedback on UV to Matrix Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Feedback on UV to Matrix Games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Feedback on UV to Matrix Games - 12/14/2002 6:23:50 AM   
sveint

Hello,

As a long time lurker and an old timer in wargames I thought I'd post a few comments on UV. Hopefully some of this feedback will prove useful to Matrix Games.

1. Pilot "xyz" has confirmed kill "xyz". Please remove these messages (if I really want to know I'll look up my top pilots during my turn).
2. Aircraft "policies" would be a very valuable addition. For example, I would like to set a max range for any missions flown, and I'd like to set a flag for "don't fly during poor weather".
3. A "repeat mission" flag for task forces would be great.
4. I'd also like global default policies. For example I should be able to set all fighters to default to 12000 feet.

If you were able to implement some or all of these points it would greatly help against micromanagement.

In no way take this feedback as negative, I think it's a great game and am looking forward to War in the Pacific (as I prefer grand strategic games)!

Svein
Post #: 1
- 12/14/2002 7:25:27 AM   
David Heath

Thanks

These are some very good ideas and will add them to our list of features for the future.

David

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 2
- 12/15/2002 12:22:02 AM   
Lrfss

Hi Guys:

Those indeed would be good idea's to implement in UV!

Later,

Lrfss

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 3
Re: Feedback on UV to Matrix Games - 12/15/2002 1:53:09 AM   
SViking

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sveint
[B]Hello,
2. Aircraft "policies" would be a very valuable addition. For example, I would like to set a max range for any missions flown, and I'd like to set a flag for "don't fly during poor weather".
[/B][/QUOTE]

As a part of the policies, how about the ability to set target preferences, e.g., CVs? :D

Haven't seen Matrix weigh in on this idea in another thread...how about it?

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 4
- 12/15/2002 3:33:02 AM   
David Heath

This is not currently in the plans but it is on the list.

David

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 5
- 12/15/2002 4:05:12 AM   
SViking

Good deal. Actually, I should restate my request...the real objective should be to deal with the strange decisions the TF commander makes regarding naval strikes. One option would be something along the lines of my suggestion above. I can imagine alot of variations on that, including making the option a restrictive one - defining targets the TF should not attack - as one person suggested. At the end of the day, I'd still like to see some option to prioritize naval targets. However, until the specifics are decided, a modification of the AI would be greatly appreciated, e.g., prioritizing for enemy carrier TFs.

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 6
- 12/15/2002 4:45:38 AM   
Lrfss

Hi Guys:

More good idea's and Ditto.....on that

Later,

Lrfss

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Feedback on UV to Matrix Games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI