Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT: New HBO WW2 series on horizon?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: New HBO WW2 series on horizon? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT: New HBO WW2 series on horizon? - 11/1/2012 12:17:26 PM   
spence

A flick/series that concerns itself with DD sailors: "Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors" or some such.

As I previously mentioned you had Cdr E N (Butch) Parker skippering the USS Parrott through the battles of Balikpapan, Bandoeng Strait and Java Sea; then getting a "new" ship and sailing her into the 1st night of the Naval Battle of Guadalcanal. Likewise you have a 2nd character, Cdr E. Evans being exec on another 4-piper in the Asiatic Fleet, fighting at Java Sea, then escaping the DEI and getting command of USS Johnson and taking her into the action off Samar at Leyte Gulf. You could even throw in IJN Cdr T(?) Hara (of "Japanese Destroyer Captain" fame) since he fought at Java Sea and later on the 1st night of the Naval Battle of Guadalcanal (not sure where he was at Leyte Gulf but must have been somewhere nearby since the IJN threw in everything but the kitchen sink).

(in reply to murphys35)
Post #: 31
RE: OT: New HBO WW2 series on horizon? - 11/4/2012 6:20:38 PM   
SargeantTex

How bout a 4 part 8 hour series on Chesty Puller!!

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 32
RE: OT: New HBO WW2 series on horizon? - 11/4/2012 9:48:36 PM   
Sardaukar

I think good miniseries of Air War would be really great, given todays CGI technology.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to SargeantTex)
Post #: 33
RE: OT: New HBO WW2 series on horizon? - 11/4/2012 10:55:32 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spence

A flick/series that concerns itself with DD sailors: "Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors" or some such.

That could be monumentally awesome, spence. Follow a select few DDs from Savo through Okinawa? Yeah-I'd watch that...

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: New HBO WW2 series on horizon? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI