Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Can any one help me!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Can any one help me! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/8/2013 6:06:27 PM   
Yogi the Great

Once you are on this forum long enough, you come to realize that there is no way to help any of us.

Our presence here is pretty much prrof that we are beyond help.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 31
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/8/2013 6:08:08 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

Once you are on this forum long enough, you come to realize that there is no way to help any of us.

LOL, you win first prize for the most truthful statement of the day.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 32
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/8/2013 8:36:55 PM   
wodin

Thought I'd post here to help rogo as I reckon if I post he will post loads of replies then get his fourth star!!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 33
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/8/2013 11:57:52 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Thought I'd post here to help rogo as I reckon if I post he will post loads of replies then get his fourth star!!

Yeah, right. I still contend, wodin McCollegue, that rogaine is not dedicated enough to deserve that extra star. Just look at all the help we are giving and where is he? He is AWOL.

< Message edited by parusski -- 2/8/2013 11:58:11 PM >

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 34
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 6:22:15 AM   
rodney727

Lol agreed!
quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 35
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 6:22:51 AM   
rodney727

Sorry mr. p been busy with work!
quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

Yeah, right. I still contend, wodin McCollegue, that rogaine is not dedicated enough to deserve that extra star. Just look at all the help we are giving and where is he? He is AWOL.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 36
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 6:23:18 AM   
rodney727

Thanks wodin!
quote:

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 37
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 6:26:15 AM   
rodney727

Looks like Minnesota got a better recruiting class then they thought. I will be going to Iowa-Minnesota game this year.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Good God, man-do you still not have your fourth star yet? Hurry up!

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 38
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 6:28:46 AM   
warspite1

3 in a row! Well done rogo727 you are getting the hang of it. Of course you will get slatted by Parusski because you have "answered your own posts" but do what everyone else does and just ignore him.

Edit: 4-in-a-row

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 2/9/2013 6:29:10 AM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 39
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 6:29:03 AM   
rodney727

Well that and our huge numbers of soldiers
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Favorite American civil war battle and why? Mine is Shiloh ... The hornets nest....all seemed lost....reminds me of American will to survive. By god we may get knocked down but we will never be knocked out.

Shiloh it is. It was the first bloodbath of the US Civil War. It was also a battle the Confederacy could and should have won. Of course with Grant and Sherman having the following conversation, there really was no hope for the South:

Sherman said: "Well, Grant, we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?"
After a puff of his cigar, Grant replied calmly: "Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow, though."

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 40
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 6:32:38 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Favorite American civil war battle and why? Mine is Shiloh ... The hornets nest....all seemed lost....reminds me of American will to survive. By god we may get knocked down but we will never be knocked out.

Shiloh it is. It was the first bloodbath of the US Civil War. It was also a battle the Confederacy could and should have won. Of course with Grant and Sherman having the following conversation, there really was no hope for the South:

After a puff of his cigar, Grant replied calmly: "Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow, though."

warspite1

[in a David Coleman stylee voice]...and another one...quite remarkable...

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 41
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 6:38:02 AM   
rodney727

Had to go to the IRS office and pick up 20 1099divs for my wife before work as it is her busy time of year at work. I was greeted by an armed guard who asked me what I needed. So I took out my phone to look at the text message my wife sent me. He informed me that cell phones are not allowed to be turned on in the office. I had to go outside to look at the text message. I guess I was shocked on how the US government pays to have an armed guard posted at each IRS office. There was only one IRS worker working. I questioned my wife about this and she said more times than not most people who visit are not happy with the government . Still I found it shocking.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 42
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 6:40:15 AM   
rodney727

I guess I don't understand what are you trying to say mr. W?
quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 43
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 6:57:51 AM   
warspite1

quote:

I guess I don't understand what are you trying to say mr. W?
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

I wouldn't expect you too

David Coleman was a much maligned commentator (due to his many errors - later referred to as Coleman-balls). I actually thought he was excellent (FA Cup final commentary was not the same without him) but that is by the by.

There was a comedian in the 80's who did Coleman's voice on a program called spitting image and "Errr quite remarkable" was almost a catchphrase.

Hence when you posted an extra one - out came the quote.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 44
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 7:32:45 AM   
rodney727

A question for my UK friends. I work in the grocery industry and was just reading the top 50 chains in the world. Tesco did 114 billion dollars last year and employs over 560,000 people. Your thoughts do you like the store? Very positive reviews.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 45
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 7:38:55 AM   
warspite1

quote:

A question for my UK friends. I work in the grocery industry and was just reading the top 50 chains in the world. Tesco did 114 billion dollars last year and employs over 560,000 people. Your thoughts do you like the store? Very positive reviews.
warspite1

My sister works for them and it does not sound like the greatest place to work...

As for the grocery side - Tesco is the warspite's supermarket of choice

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 46
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 7:59:25 AM   
Orm

quote:

Never heard of Tesco. But then I do not live in UK so I was not asked. .

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 47
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 8:04:15 AM   
Orm

quote:

Had to go to the IRS office and pick up 20 1099divs for my wife before work as it is her busy time of year at work. I was greeted by an armed guard who asked me what I needed. So I took out my phone to look at the text message my wife sent me. He informed me that cell phones are not allowed to be turned on in the office. I had to go outside to look at the text message. I guess I was shocked on how the US government pays to have an armed guard posted at each IRS office. There was only one IRS worker working. I questioned my wife about this and she said more times than not most people who visit are not happy with the government . Still I found it shocking.

A year ago I had to go to the tax office to get some blankets and was greeted by a guard who had me wait outside so the that there was not to many inside their office.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 48
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 8:10:29 AM   
parusski

quote:

Dear God, if this is how you are going to get your count up, we are freaking doomed to death by BOREDOM.

Oh, and answering your owns posts is against Rules of Forum Etiqute, S. Ambrose. We all abide by this agreement or face banishment and exile to Uttoxeter(and a life with Marjorie[Google Marjorie Fry and Laurie](or warspite1){which ever I deem most evil})[or life in Dutchville])}}]))({}{

Where was I?

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 49
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 8:12:26 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Dear God, if this is how you are going to get your count up, we are freaking doomed to death by BOREDOM.

Oh, and answering your owns posts is against Rules of Forum Etiqute, S. Ambrose. We all abide by this agreement or face banishment and exile to Uttoxeter(and a life with Marjorie[Google Marjorie Fry and Laurie](or warspite1){which ever I deem most evil})[or life in Dutchville])}}]))({}{

Where was I?

So, answering one's own post is not tolerated(we will never be like the Dutch, what with their intolerance and all). So, stop now.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 50
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 2:55:43 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Where was I?

I believe that you were in mid-incoherent rant. [bites crisp with marmalade on it] Please carry on.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 51
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 3:31:27 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Where was I?

I believe that you were in mid-incoherent rant. [bites crisp with marmalade on it] Please carry on.

What the F? Are you catching the English disease? Crisp? For the love of...I am glad I am immune to warspite1 syndrome.

I need the water closet now.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 52
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 4:10:56 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where was I?

What the F? Are you catching the English disease? Crisp? For the love of...I am glad I am immune to warspite1 syndrome.

I need the water closet now.
warspite1

Time to be honest with yourself parusski. You know you are not immune. Over the course of the last 18 months you have gained both knowledge in, and a love of, proper football, motor racing, history, geography, the arts and music, to name but a few subjects. I suspect another year or so and you will be begging for UK citizenship.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 53
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 4:40:24 PM   
rodney727

After going to ancestry.com I found out that my great grandfathers brothers third wife second cousins great uncles nephews cousin grandmothers sister aunt was one quarter Dutch . So I cannot in good faith tolerate anymore statements about the Dutch as I am now related to them.
quote:

quote:

quote:

Where was I?

So, answering one's own post is not tolerated(we will never be like the Dutch, what with their intolerance and all). So, stop now.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 54
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 9:55:52 PM   
parusski

quote:

After going to ancestry.com I found out that my great grandfathers brothers third wife second cousins great uncles nephews cousin grandmothers sister aunt was one quarter Dutch . So I cannot in good faith tolerate anymore statements about the Dutch as I am now related to them.
quote:

quote:

quote:

Where was I?

I hate to inform you of the fact that I AM the sole power here. Even Josh, our resident Dutch thing, agrees the Dutch are intolerant and CAN'T be tolerated.

quote:

warspite1, dreaming of a past when Britannia ruled everywhere, except America(who kicked their asses) hopefully said:

Time to be honest with yourself parusski. You know you are not immune. Over the course of the last 18 months you have gained both knowledge in, and a love of, proper football, motor racing, history, geography, the arts and music, to name but a few subjects. I suspect another year or so and you will be begging for UK citizenship.

The only honest thing I can say is, I have gained some knowledge, but I am the one who taught you, and the world, of BPB, the history of quantum physics, how the universe was formed, the proper use of alarm clocks and how to become wealthy working from home(my sister made $6255 last week). But you did teach me much about the great S. Ambrose, that I give you.

< Message edited by parusski -- 2/9/2013 9:56:33 PM >

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 55
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 10:22:30 PM   
warspite1

quote:

But you did teach me much about the great S. Ambrose, that I give you.

I taught you everything - yet it appears I taught you nothing...

Do you really, even after all this time, not see what is staring you squarely dans la visage? If you know Ambrose, I mean really know the man and his works, then there is nothing else to learn. Understanding Ambrose unlocks all the secrets of the world; in effect the world is your lobster.

Oh Parusski, as I say, I have given you everything and yet you have chosen to use that power foolishly... You have wasted your chance... I pity you.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 56
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 10:35:13 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

But you did teach me much about the great S. Ambrose, that I give you.

I taught you everything - yet it appears I taught you nothing...

Do you really, even after all this time, not see what is staring you squarely dans la visage? If you know Ambrose, I mean really know the man and his works, then there is nothing else to learn. Understanding Ambrose unlocks all the secrets of the world; in effect the world is your lobster.

Oh Parusski, as I say, I have given you everything and yet you have chosen to use that power foolishly... You have wasted your chance... I pity you.

You may pity me, w1, but I am still Der Forum Meister.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 57
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/9/2013 10:43:56 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where was I?

Well, even God had thoughts on the Dutch:

As the good Lord said: "Love thy neighbour as thyself, unless he's Dutch, in which case, kill the bastard!"

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 58
RE: Can any one help me! - 2/16/2013 3:09:54 PM   
Orm

Maybe we should do the Harlem Shake (Matrix Edition)?

Harlem Shake (original army edition)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hpEnLtqUDg

What do you think rogo727?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 59
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Can any one help me! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI