Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/10/2013 4:45:10 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Here is a closer look where most of the action is taking place. I'm afraid you cannot see any units though since I have the Fog of war on. Looks to me like the states are clearly winning the conflict though.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FieldOfGlory)
Post #: 91
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/10/2013 6:13:50 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Manstein captures Oujda and pushes deep into Islamabad territory.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 92
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/10/2013 6:44:49 AM   
FieldOfGlory

German close in around Almar. This city will clearly not fall as easily as Ouijda.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 93
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/10/2013 6:52:12 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Rommel's line is spread out pretty thin as element of the 1st Panzer Army move further East to Help Leeb and Runstedt surround Almar.

Parts of Rommel's line was pushed back during the AI turn but Rommel's forces took them right back during there counterattack which took out a whole lot of Islamabad Armored cars.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 94
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/10/2013 6:57:51 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Here is Octobers casualty reports.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 95
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/10/2013 7:36:33 AM   
FieldOfGlory

There is a debate going on over at OKW right now as to the best way to expand Germany's industry.

Hermann Goring believes that the best path for German industry right now is to build another Aircraft factory and invest in strategic bomber technology. He argues that the bombing of Industrial targets in Islamabad would severely weaken there military power and save many tens of thousands of German lives.

Another position put forth by Erwin Rommel is to invest in medium tank technology and build another tank factory. He argues that if the Wehrmacht is going to be able to further expand there mobile forces that this is the way it has to be. He believes German Armor will win the war and all Goring need do is keep the enemy dive bombers off his back.

General Leeb has proposed a much different idea. Leeb says that it is the German Infantry man that will win this war and a few more tanks or a few more planes would not have the same impact on the war that adding a few Artillery divisions would have. German Soldiers are needlessly dying in huge swarming assaults against fortified positions because the Wehrmacht simply does not have enough guns to bring the fortified positions down before we send our brave soldiers in. The gun factory online is only able to produce enough AT and Infantry guns to replace losses and does not have the capability to produce Artillery guns also.

Most of the other Generals have stayed out of the debate but a couple have spoken out. Model has said that he thinks Rommel's position is sound and Getting more Armor as well as heavier armor on the battlefield will have the best chance of shortening this war. Field Marshal Heinz Guderian has clearly throne his support towards Leeb's position and stated that Field Artillery is by far the most immediate need the Wehrmacht has.

This decision will have to be made by the Fuhrer.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 96
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/10/2013 8:14:41 AM   
Josh

Touch choices, I'm with Rommel though. You definitely need hitting power in the form on armour, be it Light Tanks III or Medium Armour. As it is I wouldn't even place a second factory but focus on keeping your losses at a minimum... you are already almost outproducing your Raw don't forget that. Not much fun having a second factory around but not enough Ore to produce anything.
Strategic bombers against the AI never has brought me much fun, sure sometimes when you need to level a city prior to taking it, but Arty is better for that as you can use that anywhere anytime. I mean the AI has such a production bonus that you can't even begin to bomb that away.

I'm a bit worried about the States though, hope they don't have Heavy Tanks II yet...

Post #: 97
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/10/2013 8:20:38 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Casualties sustained on AI's October turn.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 98
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/10/2013 11:53:11 AM   
jday305

I know that you have your hands full with the Islamabad forces but Josh is correct in pointing out the States may become a problem in the future. One strategy that you may need to consider is increasing your ore production with improvments to Raw. This will give you more production capability each month and may be put some naval assets to keep an eye on the States in the future. If the States get to a point that they can start sending fleets out with troops on board they will only add to your problems.

Post #: 99
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/13/2013 7:24:26 AM   
FieldOfGlory

November,

Raw production has been increased by 80 this month in preparation for an expanded industry. The Fuhrer is undecided as to what Factory shall be constructed first but released plans to OKW to build both another Gun factory as well as another Tank factory.

In other news the Islamabad city of Almar has been surrounded and cut off by Joint forces from the 2nd and 4th Armies.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jday305)
Post #: 100
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/13/2013 7:29:51 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Further in the East forces from the 4th Army commanded by Erich Von Manstein have reached the outskirts of the Islamabad city of Aqaba. Intel shows the city to be lightly defended and Manstein is confident the City will soon be under German control.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 101
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/13/2013 7:38:08 AM   
FieldOfGlory

In the Western Desert the 1st Panzer Army continues to exchange blows with Muslim Armor. Rommel has asked permission to try and break out and push forward towards the Islamabad Industrial South but OKW has ordered him to hold for now until the fall of Almar.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FieldOfGlory -- 4/13/2013 7:42:20 AM >

Post #: 102
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/13/2013 7:43:55 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Looks Like Germany is leading the field in kills.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FieldOfGlory -- 4/13/2013 7:44:37 AM >

Post #: 103
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/13/2013 8:40:53 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Rommel's forces are being brutalized in the Western desert.

Frustrated with the decision by OKW ordering his Army to hold their position he decided to seek out an ally in hopes of convincing OKW to soften there position on how the 1st Panzer Army should respond to the Muslim hoards assaulting their lines. Rommel decided to take his plea to none other than Field Marshal Guderian.
Rommel flew to the 1st Regional HQ to meet with Heinz Guderian personally and plea his case. Rommel argued that the 1st Panzer Army is in danger of being overrun and that the Eastern German Armies must be left to there own accord. "The 1st Panzer Army must be free to attack and maneuver or wither and die!" Rommel states. "The 1st Panzer is facing the brunt of Islamabad forces and both you and OKW have put another Tank factory on hold." Rommel goes on. " I need Medium Armor Yesterday and quit possibly Tank destroyers in the very near future. The tank factory must come before the the gun factory and you have to help convince OKW to unleash the 1st Panzer Army!"
Guderian sat in stunned silence for a moment and then... "Yes of course Erwin, you are right. I will take your demands to OKW and even the Fuhrer himself and tell them you have my full backing. The 1st Panzer Army must be our first priority right now. The war depends on it!" Guderian exclaims.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 104
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/13/2013 9:05:36 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Field Marshal Heinz Guderian travels to Berlin to explain in detail the situation in the Western desert and soon finds the Fuhrer is fully supportive.

(Fuhrer) Guderian! Dispatch an immediate message to General Rommel and tell him he will be getting those Medium as soon as Germanly possible and he may take what ever measures he deems necessary to send those Mecca loving bastards straight to #?%!.

(Guderian) Yes my Fuhrer. It is the right decision.

(Fuhrer)Of course it is because I made it!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 105
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/13/2013 9:08:22 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Upon hearing the message Rommel takes a moment to celebrate with a glass of fine German ale.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 106
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/13/2013 7:02:08 PM   
Josh

Rommel is facing the brunt of the Muslim attack, you are closing to the AI's capitol so that's why you see those strong units.
I'm very surprised to see such little action near that chokepoint where you built that strongpoint... maybe it's because the AI is fighting there heavy battles too against another AI?

Post #: 107
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/14/2013 7:18:24 AM   
FieldOfGlory

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Rommel is facing the brunt of the Muslim attack, you are closing to the AI's capitol so that's why you see those strong units.
I'm very surprised to see such little action near that chokepoint where you built that strongpoint... maybe it's because the AI is fighting there heavy battles too against another AI?

Surprisingly Islamabad is only war with me. Every turn the AI does an airstrike on the Southern most fortress followed by a land assault. The fortress holds strong though. The airstrike is ineffective because my fighters intercept and I also have flak located in the local HQ. The strike usually only does about 60 damage to the lock and maybe kills a couple Infantry. The land assault doesn't fare much better except that I may lose 5 or 6 Infantry regiments. By the very next turn the lock is at a 100% again and I replace the lost Infantry. What the AI really needs to break the fortress is Artillery but has yet bring in any.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FieldOfGlory -- 4/14/2013 7:20:35 AM >

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 108
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/14/2013 8:36:10 AM   
FieldOfGlory

December,

Eastern German Armies have most successful month of campaign. Both Almar and Aqaba have fallen this month and Manstein's forces approach the Islamabad city of Maradah. The Remaining Eastern Islamabad divisions are now completely cutoff from supply and Model's forces are pressing in to finish them.
The Fuhrer releases a statement to the German press. "This war is no longer an Islamabad war, it is now a German war! It's a Blitzkrieg!"

Attachment (1)

Post #: 109
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/14/2013 8:47:22 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Rommel recalls the 1st Panzer's Eastern divisions to assist in a counterattack against The Muslim forces and reclaims lost territory. Meanwhile German Engineers have perfected the first prototype of German medium Armor and the new German tank factory is due to go online next month.
Although Rommel is confident that the 1st Panzer Army is poised to lay waist to the Muslim Army he is concerned about the 22nd division's ability to hold against another Islamabad attack. They have suffered severe losses to the enemy the last couple of months and are very battle weary.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 110
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/14/2013 9:07:33 AM   
FieldOfGlory

December casualty report

Attachment (1)

Post #: 111
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/14/2013 9:13:12 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Looks like Germany is now out producing Islamabad.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 112
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/14/2013 10:02:52 AM   
Josh

Seeing that report I'm even more worried about the States ...

Post #: 113
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/14/2013 12:45:13 PM   
british exil

Just wondering what level your raw bases are on? you seem to be using more raw than you are getting. You must try to capture more raw hexes or upgrade your raw with engineers. Same goes for your oil.

When you finish off the Islamabad forces you're going to need alot of armour and big guns to fight the other two forces, more oil for mobility and more raw for guns. Last screenshot you were using -212 and gaining +280 68 raw/turn is not really much. You will start to get crushed if you do not get your raw production up and running.

Tell the Führer you need to start on oil and raw, I'm sure he'll listen to your advice.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 114
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/14/2013 10:34:05 PM   
FieldOfGlory

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

Just wondering what level your raw bases are on? you seem to be using more raw than you are getting. You must try to capture more raw hexes or upgrade your raw with engineers. Same goes for your oil.

When you finish off the Islamabad forces you're going to need alot of armour and big guns to fight the other two forces, more oil for mobility and more raw for guns. Last screenshot you were using -212 and gaining +280 68 raw/turn is not really much. You will start to get crushed if you do not get your raw production up and running.

Tell the Führer you need to start on oil and raw, I'm sure he'll listen to your advice.

Mat

All of my raw resources are on level 2 right now. There are 2 more raw resources that I will likely capture from Islamabad in the next turn or 2 that are also level 2. After I build the tank factory I will start investing all my PP's in technology and resource production. Islamabad has a lot of Factories in the south and as I capture them I will probably not need to build anymore factories. But once I have secured this continent I will be building at least one shipyard.

@Josh

Yeah when war first breaks out between me and the states it is going to be pretty messy.

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 115
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/14/2013 10:42:18 PM   
british exil

I was just worried that you might fall behind with your raw, but as you pointed out all is in control.
We only see the screen shots and not the big picture. The goal is to capture and destroy all of Islamabads territory and forces then with factories you gain, you can start to fight on the other continent.

I hope you are already planning for your navy and airforce to help you gain a beachhead.

Enjoying the AAR, keep up the hard work.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

Post #: 116
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/14/2013 10:47:41 PM   
FieldOfGlory

Thanks Mat.

Your right I should have posted some screen shots showing the resources I am about to capture. I will for sure need to make some big investments in Air and Naval Assets before I invade the other continent.

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 117
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/15/2013 6:47:22 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Immediate objective for German forces.

In the East Model will be charged with capturing the level 2 raw resource and continue on to the coast and clean out the remaining Islamabad forces.

Manstein will push South towards the 2 Islamabad factories and the Islamabad city of Maradah.

Rundstedt and Leeb will go down the center towards the level 2 raw resource directly below Almar.

Rommel will continue South through the Western desert.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 118
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/15/2013 8:28:32 AM   
Josh

One more word of advice if I may? When it comes to the naval aspect of the game the AI still is a bit ... lacking so no worries about that. What may become a very threat is the Air superiority of the States, the best thing to build at sea is the cruiser, it's an absolute plane killer. They get Exp too with their shore bombardment capacity. So if and when the States show they have airsupremacy and you're about to invade their hometurf I'd build me some cruisers for troop and port protection.

Post #: 119
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/17/2013 7:39:59 AM   
FieldOfGlory

January,

After the fall of Almar Rundstedt's 4th Army deploys South and captures a raw resource from the enemy and the 1st Panzer hits Islamabad forces hard pushing them back further into the Islamabad desert.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI