Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/17/2013 7:45:55 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Model continues the fight in the East against the cut off Islamabad forces. Muslim forces still have control of the raw resource despite a valiant attach by the brave German forces. Some Artillery was called in to assist in the fight.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FieldOfGlory)
Post #: 121
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/17/2013 7:50:16 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Manstein pulls in his Army and begins his push on Maradah and the 2 Industrial factories.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 122
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/17/2013 8:21:25 AM   
FieldOfGlory

After and enemy air strike followed by heavy artillery bombardment Rommel loses an entire Tank division in an Islamabad attack on the Western flank. The brave German soldiers held there position to the last man but alas there were just too many Muslim forces against then and the entire division was completely overrun. All of Germany weeps for the 1st Panzer Armies loss.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 123
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/17/2013 9:12:04 AM   
FieldOfGlory

February,

Rundstedt and Manstein are encountering stiff resistance.

Leeb's Army after securing the Almar area is now redeploying to Rommel's Western flank where the will be charged with securing the Western Desert mountains and taking pressure off Rommel's Western flank.

Rommel will do a spearhead attack straight through the Islamabad desert towards the enemy Capital.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 124
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/17/2013 1:05:11 PM   
Josh

Oh yikes look at that islamabad Heavy Artillery stack...1200 something points  That's the first thing you want to remove.

Post #: 125
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/18/2013 3:27:06 AM   
FieldOfGlory

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Oh yikes look at that islamabad Heavy Artillery stack...1200 something points  That's the first thing you want to remove.

LOL. Yeah tell me about it. I discovered that stack of Arty's maybe 3 turns back and have been trying to get a piece of it ever since(it gets bigger every turn too). Every time I manage to get any of my units adjacent to it I don't have enough action points to attack. I've hit it twice with my fighters but they don't have much affect. Not all the power points in that stack are Arty's though but most of it is regular and heavy Arty's. My Aircraft Factory is switching production to dive bombers this coming turn. Hopefully they will come in handy dealing with those Artillery stacks that are just out of reach.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 126
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/18/2013 7:45:52 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Got a piece of it this time.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 127
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/18/2013 7:47:17 AM   
FieldOfGlory

March,

Rommel is on the move.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 128
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/18/2013 7:49:04 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Rundstedt and Manstein have taken control of 2 Islamabad factories.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 129
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/18/2013 8:16:33 AM   
FieldOfGlory

It's official! The German military is the most lethal force on Earth. May the enemies of the Reich shudder in fear.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 130
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/18/2013 8:42:26 AM   
FieldOfGlory

After considerable debate at OKW over whether it would be better to build level Bombers or Dive Bombers, Goring and the Fuhrer have made the call to go with level Bombers.

Goring sites 3 reasons that swayed the decision in favor of Level bombers. 1. They are cheaper to build and with urgent need to get bombers in the air German industry can fill the need faster producing levels. 2. Petrol output is still limited and levels use half the fuel as dive bombers. 3. they can be teched up very fast and their long ranged capability combined with the fact that they do twice as much structural damage as dive bombers may come in quit handy.

The Fuhrer has clearly stated that dive bombers have some very powerful and unique capabilities that will almost certainly guarantee there need in the Luftwaffe when German industry and petrol production has been improved.

< Message edited by FieldOfGlory -- 4/18/2013 8:44:14 AM >

Post #: 131
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/18/2013 7:32:24 PM   
Josh

Excellent choice. Level bombers (Me110 and He111 in your case) are deadly against Tubes and Inf. Dive bombers are extremely efficient against enemy armour, but you already know that. So it depends on the units the AI is throwing at you. Lvl and Strategic bombers can take a beating, not Dive Bombers you better be sure you have air superiority there... the way to check that is send in  fighter force first and then a second wave with Bombers/Fighters.
It is my feeling that lvl Bombers are even more efficient after a bombardment with your Artillery... the bombardment lowers the green bars ( = reduced readiness) so the lvl bomber attack finishes them off more easily... at least that's my impression.
Still not convinced your's the biggest force, the screen you're showing is about the kills not the actual force. Maybe the States have already killed everything they can ...

Post #: 132
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/19/2013 6:21:03 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Perhaps I should have worded that a little better. I'm just doing a better job at eliminating enemy power points than the AI. I am still at the bottom of the charts in terms of overall military strength. I am catching Islamabad though.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 133
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/21/2013 4:30:54 AM   
FieldOfGlory

April,

Manstein has Maradah surrounded and has been pounding it with Artillery all month. Rundstedt has nearly cut the city off from Islamabad.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 134
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/21/2013 4:45:17 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Rommel's 1st Panzer Army has cut the rail leading to the Western desert and is quickly approaching the enemy capital.

Back home in Berlin the Fuhrer is telling everyone the war with Islamabad will be over by Christmas. Privately Field Marshal Guderian has told OKW that The Islamabad capital would surely fall by or before Christmas but Islamabad still has a considerable force and 2 cities South of Berlin on the other continent that has to be dealt with.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 135
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/21/2013 7:50:27 AM   
FieldOfGlory

May,

Islamabad resistance is crumbling as Maradah has fallen into the control of the Reich.

Rundstedt moves on Mecknes and the 1st Panzer continues rolling on towards Islamabad City.

In the west Leeb has begun his sweep into the Western desert mountains.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 136
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/21/2013 7:59:30 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Losses for this Round.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 137
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/21/2013 8:31:05 AM   
FieldOfGlory

No one in the Wehrmacht has racked up more EKIA's or captured more prisoners than the 1st Panzer Army has. Its only fitting giving Rommel's growing popularity with the German public that it's Rommel and his 1st Panzer Army that will be the First to Islamabad.
The Honor of taking these enemy aggressors Capital will go to Desert Fox.

The Fuhrer issued a statement to German state media. "We did not start this war, but German tanks and German planes and German Soldiers under the Direct command Of Germany's greatest General will soon be rumbling down the streets of the enemies Capitol. Let all the nations of the world be warned. Do not trifle with us!"

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FieldOfGlory -- 4/21/2013 8:32:06 AM >

Post #: 138
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/21/2013 8:53:37 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Upon hearing news of the Fuhrer boast of German tanks rolling down the streets of Islamabad. Muslim forces rally and conduct a number of successful counterattacks.
"This is just the a desperate attempt but Islamabad to save what's left of there dying regime." The Fuhrer states.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 139
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/21/2013 10:49:22 AM   
Josh

Uhoh the Muslim forces took one of your forts? Not good I hope you have some reserves there...
See those hills mountains to the north of Islamabad where there are some enemy units? I say cut them off and let them be isolated for a few turns, fighting in hills is a costly and lengthy business and you'd need lots of Arty and bombers... go for the capitol instead, and then finish them off.
I'd wish HQ's or Generals could get a "bonus" or medal (Panzer Corps style) for taking major cities... probably should be in the "wishes for AT Platinum section".

Post #: 140
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/23/2013 6:23:34 AM   
FieldOfGlory

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Uhoh the Muslim forces took one of your forts? Not good I hope you have some reserves there...
See those hills mountains to the north of Islamabad where there are some enemy units? I say cut them off and let them be isolated for a few turns, fighting in hills is a costly and lengthy business and you'd need lots of Arty and bombers... go for the capitol instead, and then finish them off.
I'd wish HQ's or Generals could get a "bonus" or medal (Panzer Corps style) for taking major cities... probably should be in the "wishes for AT Platinum section".

Yeah not much in the way of reserves over there. The fort has held so well for so long I kind of neglected the 7th Army and didn't give them much in the way of reinforcements. They will be reinforced next round with 80 Rifle 4 AT guns 4 Infantry guns and some Artillery. Also a full squadron of level bombers has been moved to Berlin for additional air support.

Speaking of Level bombers an Airstrike conducted just ahead of Rommel's forces blasted the hell out of some enemy Artillery just out of reach of his ground forces. Goring is beside himself with pride in the fine Luftwaffe pilots involved in the strike.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FieldOfGlory -- 4/23/2013 6:24:43 AM >

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 141
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/23/2013 6:32:01 AM   
FieldOfGlory

If these intelligence reports are correct it looks as though half of the Muslim forces on this continent are sitting in Islamabad.

Field Marshal Guderian has warned General Rommel to be cautious when approaching the enemy capital and requested that Goring keep his level's on alert.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 142
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/23/2013 6:40:55 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Leebs 2nd Army is now pressing into the Western desert mountains. Much of the enemy forces here retreated into the hills from the desert after being mauled by the 1st Panzer Army as it passed by on its way to the Capital. Leeb has received intel from OKW stating the Muslim forces taking shelter in the Western mountains my be suffering from a strained supply line as well.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 143
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/23/2013 6:45:35 AM   
FieldOfGlory

June casualty report.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 144
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/23/2013 6:57:20 AM   
FieldOfGlory

All of Berlin has poured into the streets to watch and celebrate the arrival of the HE-111 squadron deployed there for the capitals protection.

Even the Fuhrer admits it was a magnificent show of German Air power.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 145
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/23/2013 7:50:36 AM   
FieldOfGlory

July

All is going well in South Islamabad. Rundstedt is on the outskirts of Meknes and the 1st Panzer Army is closing in on Islamabad.

The Luftwaffe rules the skies over Southern Islamabad.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 146
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/23/2013 7:52:48 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Casualty report for July.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 147
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/23/2013 8:07:41 AM   
FieldOfGlory

The War has been going so well the Fuhrer has decided to hold a great parade in Berlin to celebrate the might and power of the third Reich.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 148
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/23/2013 8:25:45 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Truly Germany's best.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 149
RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders - 4/23/2013 9:06:43 AM   
FieldOfGlory

August,

Meknes has fallen and Islamabad not far away.

German scientist have discover level 3 fighters now.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI