Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Deal of the Week...great deals!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/22/2013 8:51:41 AM   
IainMcNeil

Just a note of warning - because of the number of games we now have changing the prices manually has become a prohibitively big task.

We have an automated batch price update system in place but it can't be run until Monday when Plimus are online (they don't work Friday/Saturday but work Sunday) and need a day when we are both online to perform the update and check it is working so we wont be going live with this till early next week.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 181
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/22/2013 6:39:51 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Just a note of warning - because of the number of games we now have changing the prices manually has become a prohibitively big task.

We have an automated batch price update system in place but it can't be run until Monday when Plimus are online (they don't work Friday/Saturday but work Sunday) and need a day when we are both online to perform the update and check it is working so we wont be going live with this till early next week.

Thanks for update Iain!

Patrick

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 182
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 1/11/2014 12:06:22 PM   
wings7

Will the "Deal of the Week" return this coming week? There are still many titles that haven't been on this weekly sale yet.

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 183
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 1/13/2014 8:29:56 AM   
IainMcNeil

Not this week. We'll have to try and get back in to the flow :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 184
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 1/13/2014 1:32:18 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Not this week. We'll have to try and get back in to the flow :)

Thanks Iain, but your response does not sound to promising. Are you saying that the "Deal of the Week" may not be coming back?

Patrick

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 185
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 1/13/2014 1:58:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

The holiday sale is still ongoing, so no deal of the week at least until that ends.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 186
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 1/20/2014 1:03:49 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The holiday sale is still ongoing, so no deal of the week at least until that ends.

Erik, any news on when the "Deal of the Week" will return?

Patrick

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 187
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 1/20/2014 1:20:16 PM   
brucemcl777

Yes Iain and Erik - especially since many titles did not make the holiday sale - like the Civil War II title from Aegod that I just have to be nudged a little to buy. And the mega DLC pack for Panzer Corp - and Brandy Station to complete my SOW collection.

you can always find me on Steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stratwin
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

Order of Battle: Pacific fan
Morning Sun: beta tester
US Marines: beta tester

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 188
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 1/20/2014 3:16:56 PM   
IainMcNeil

This week we have something a bit different! Just about to post it...

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 189
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 1/20/2014 5:27:26 PM   
IainMcNeil

So this week we have the permanent price drop on the back catalog and Germany at War demo & Sale!

Germany at War demo & Sale
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3526710

Price Drop on Back Catalog
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3526632

Enjoy!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 190
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 1/27/2014 1:39:49 PM   
wings7

It's back!! I just ordered "Achtung Panzer: Operation Star", looks awesome! "Panzer Command: Osfront" is also featured, I own it, good game but it was offer last year ...I highly recommend it!

Patrick

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 191
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 1/29/2014 6:24:07 PM   
wings7

Anybody purchasing either one of these games?

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 192
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/3/2014 1:09:09 PM   
wings7

The Deal of the Week titles this week "Close Combat: Cross of Iron" & "Close Combat: Wacht Am Rhein" are wonderful games , but they have already been featured . How about the "Distant Worlds" series and the "Panzer Corps" series in the future?? Happy Gaming!!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 193
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/10/2014 12:50:28 PM   
wings7

The Deal of the Week titles this week "Close Combat: The Longest Day" and "Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem" are a great addition the this wonderful series , but again they have already been featured . I look forward to the deal next week. Happy Gaming!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 194
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/11/2014 12:18:36 AM   
aaatoysandmore

Do any of the Close Combat series have random battles? Or some kind of battle generator? I haven't liked canned and static games since Civilization came out I think it were. It's almost all I buy anymore. I don't know why I bought TOAW III in december, I'll never play it really. Can I have a refund Matrixgames/Slitherine? I'll buy something else I promise. I barely play JT's Campaign series that I got also. But at least it does have computer generated skirmishes.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 195
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/11/2014 8:03:31 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Do any of the Close Combat series have random battles? Or some kind of battle generator? I haven't liked canned and static games since Civilization came out I think it were. It's almost all I buy anymore. I don't know why I bought TOAW III in december, I'll never play it really. Can I have a refund Matrixgames/Slitherine? I'll buy something else I promise. I barely play JT's Campaign series that I got also. But at least it does have computer generated skirmishes.

I haven't played it for awhile , I'd check the product page or the forum page for (random battle) info.

Patrick

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 196
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/16/2014 6:35:21 PM   
wings7

Any guesses on what the deal might be this week?

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 197
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/17/2014 2:44:28 PM   
wings7

Wow! Two games that have not been on the "Deal of the Week" before . "Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog" and "Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris", two excellent titles, I just ordered them both...Happy Gaming!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 198
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/17/2014 5:27:56 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

Patrick

I guess Panthers in the Fog and Decisive Campaigns.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 199
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/17/2014 5:38:22 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

Patrick

I guess Panthers in the Fog and Decisive Campaigns.

WOW! You are good at guessing.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 200
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/17/2014 11:31:27 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

Wow! Two games that have not been on the "Deal of the Week" before . "Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog" and "Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris", two excellent titles, I just ordered them both...Happy Gaming!

Patrick

I just purchased Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris. I already own the most recent Decisive Campaigns and from what I understand, they retrofitted many of the features to the earlier game.

A good bargain for $20. No time to play at the moment but have considered this title for a while. It's one of the few Matrix games that I don't own that interests me.

Have you purchased LnL:HoS? It is very good, especially if you like tabletop tactical games. Its early of course but Im making the prediction of it being Wargame of the Year.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 201
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/17/2014 11:44:57 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

quote:

Patrick

I just purchased Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris. I already own the most recent Decisive Campaigns and from what I understand, they retrofitted many of the features to the earlier game.

A good bargain for $20. No time to play at the moment but have considered this title for a while. It's one of the few Matrix games that I don't own that interests me.

Have you purchased LnL:HoS? It is very good, especially if you like tabletop tactical games. Its early of course but Im making the prediction of it being Wargame of the Year.

Eric, LnL:HoS does look fantastic! It is a game I will purchase in the future, how bout you?

Patrick

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 202
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/18/2014 12:07:23 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

quote:

quote:

Patrick

Eric, LnL:HoS does look fantastic! It is a game I will purchase in the future, how bout you?

Patrick

Purchased and loving it. A quality release. Of course I have a huge interest in these types of games, a genre very unrepresented imo. While it's not ASL, it's the closest thing done to date that shares some similarities. They did it very well and even though I can usually find plenty to fault early with all the games I buy, I have not found any big turn offs yet. YMMV.

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 203
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/18/2014 12:49:33 PM   
wings7

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Patrick

Patrick

Purchased and loving it. A quality release. Of course I have a huge interest in these types of games, a genre very unrepresented imo. While it's not ASL, it's the closest thing done to date that shares some similarities. They did it very well and even though I can usually find plenty to fault early with all the games I buy, I have not found any big turn offs yet. YMMV.

Eric, thanks for mini review of LnL:HoS! Sounds like you have played alot of ASL...have you keep up with all the modules over the years? I own all the modules except the last one or two. I have not played ASL that much but the rule book is THE reference for WWII tactical board games , IMHO. Also, I like your new avatar...what game is that from?

Patrick

Post #: 204
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/18/2014 10:47:41 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

I'm right with you on the ASL. Own just about all of them, many duplicates in shrink wrap, but haven't played in years. I pull the rules out from time to time just to read them. Something I enjoy.

And the avatar is from LnL:HoS. No chit.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 205
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/19/2014 12:36:34 AM   
Qwixt

I got CC:PitF. No way I have time for the game, but CC games bring back too many memories to not grab it. I doubled down and also picked up CC:Wacht am Rhein since it was 50% off when purchased with the other game at check out. So my CC collection is complete now, at least the games I wanted.

Now I just need time.

Post #: 206
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/19/2014 6:57:15 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

I got CC:PitF. No way I have time for the game, but CC games bring back too many memories to not grab it. I doubled down and also picked up CC:Wacht am Rhein since it was 50% off when purchased with the other game at check out. So my CC collection is complete now, at least the games I wanted.

Now I just need time.

Time, yes we all need more of that!

Patrick

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 207
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/24/2014 1:20:19 PM   
wings7

I just ordered "Legion Gold for PC", it's the first time it has been offered on the Deal of the Week! I've always enjoyed this time frame in history...any other takers? Happy Gaming!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 208
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/3/2014 2:28:44 PM   
wings7

I just ordered "Commander - The Great War", this war doesn't seem to get much respect in a historical account, it really changed things in Europe. I'm happy to pick this one up...would like to see the "Distant Worlds" franchise come up in the future, I've heard many great things about this game! Happy Gaming!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 209
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/3/2014 5:29:29 PM   
Orm

Anyone know if they have opened up a warehouse inside EU? Shipping from US is a bit to expensive for me.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI