Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: questions related to Japanese production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: questions related to Japanese production Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/29/2013 1:32:05 AM   
geofflambert

Anyone?

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 61
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/29/2013 2:31:57 AM   
geofflambert

Attachment (1)

Post #: 62
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/29/2013 4:57:25 AM   
DHRedge

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

More questions:

1. Concerning aircraft models with availability dates but no R&D "factories" assigned and no update path leading to them: Will they become available regardless on or near the availability date shown, and do I simply convert a factory making a different plane to it if I want them?

2. Concerning surplus engines: Is there any use to having some for maintenance purposes of existing AC using that engine? If so, how many should be kept? If not, and no AC are being produced that use that engine, will they simply be scrapped?

3. If I stop making an engine, let's say the Amakaze, but I later want to build the Shiragiku and/or Willow as kamikaze planes, will I be able to resume production of that engine?

Since nobody answered your question, I will attempt to answer, note this is my best understanding of your question, if incorrect someone could correct with another post.

1 if you have no factory building an aircraft model, and no R&D for that model, and no building of a model that upgrades to that model, it would make sense that you would have to change some other factory to build that item. if you plan from the beginning, you will probably have a few spots where some 2 or 3 units per month factories or R&D factories you can set to no production, then they can be shifted to that new model when it comes online. Although shifting it to R&D so that factories are fully repaired when new airframe is available is probably better. Since R&D can change to build without factory loss(check this, it is from memory)

2. If by maintenance, you mean occasionally building some planes of some type to replace losses and refill air groups, you could keep engines for that. I don't think engines are used to 'maintain' aircraft, that is repair at bases with supply. Engines are used to make planes that then can refill air groups with maximum planes allowed. How many would depend on how many planes you expect to lose that you will want to replace of that type.

3. If you think you will need to use an engine at some further date, turn production off by 'no' option on the production screen, then you can turn it back on at no extra cost switching factories would incur. If you know you will never be building an engine of some type, you can change production to build some other engine (at loss of 1/2 of factories) and the remaining half appear as damaged.

There probably are some other methods, convert a high production to some often needed engine, then convert some low production to the one you might need, or other combinations, but that is the basic strategy I use on production of those items.

Note comments are how I do it, and do not guarantee to have best results.

Post #: 63
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/29/2013 7:24:59 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

More questions:

1. Concerning aircraft models with availability dates but no R&D "factories" assigned and no update path leading to them: Will they become available regardless on or near the availability date shown, and do I simply convert a factory making a different plane to it if I want them?

They become available on the date assigned, regardless. You can change a factory to them at any point, however if you are playing with realistic R&D on and it is not yet available, you need to change a factory that is currently an "R&D factory". Once it is available, you need to change a production factory.

quote:

2. Concerning surplus engines: Is there any use to having some for maintenance purposes of existing AC using that engine? If so, how many should be kept? If not, and no AC are being produced that use that engine, will they simply be scrapped?

There is something in the manual about excess engines (and airframes?), but I've never seen my pools of Kotobukis and Amakazes go down.

quote:

3. If I stop making an engine, let's say the Amakaze, but I later want to build the Shiragiku and/or Willow as kamikaze planes, will I be able to resume production of that engine?

You can, but you would have to change a factory back to Amakaze (assuming you switched it) and repair it back up, so it would cost you supply.

Post #: 64
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/29/2013 7:56:09 AM   
fcharton

DHRedge is correct, a few more points :

quote:

For Japan, availability and production are two different things. Availability is when you may begin production, but to produce you need to order factories to do so. If you have no R&D factories assigned (and repaired) and no update path leading to this model, you need to convert some production factory to the new model, expand as needed and repair before you get the planes.

In practice, this means there is about a month delay between availability of the model, and when you begin upgrading. You can reduce the delay either by

- having several sites commited to the new model repair at the same time : a site repairs a factory per day, three sites repair three factories... but you only have so many sites
- switching R&D factories to this model a few weeks before the model is available (this is what DHRedge suggests), they will repair at normal cost, but before availability date, and you begin producing on day one... but this costs you a R&D site (they can't convert back under most game settings, so use it wisely...)
- switching to models that are on an upgrade path...

quote:

I don't think there is any use. Engine pools serve two purposes : they can absorb brutal changes in production, like when you upgrade a factory to a new model which uses a different engine, and they speed up the R&D of planes using that engine, but you need 500 in pools, and this costs you engines.

I don't know if engines are scrapped. I still see mine in the pool, and in tracker, after all those days.

quote:

Yes. If you have stopped the factories, you just resume production, and you get everything back. If you have converted them to a more useful model, you need to convert back, and repair... The same is true for frames: you can produce Claudes, and Jeans, at anytime in 45 if you want. Note though that to be able to use that production you need squadrons that fly this model, and so if you play PDU Off, this will be a problem.

As you have enough factories for all your engines, and expanding is almost as costly as reparing, I suggest you stop factories instead of converting them back and forth. Factory, repairs cost 10k supplies per point, so you might want to avoid unnecessary expenses.

Francois

< Message edited by fcharton -- 6/29/2013 8:02:28 AM >

Post #: 65
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/29/2013 8:51:29 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

More questions:

1. Yes, on the date. Yes
2. Depends on losses. Research >500. No way to scrap them.
3. Yes at the cost of a different factory.

Post #: 66
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/29/2013 12:07:11 PM   
geofflambert

Thanks, guys. DH, keep your posts like that and you'll do just fine.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 67
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/29/2013 9:27:19 PM   
Numdydar

quote:

More questions:

1. Concerning aircraft models with availability dates but no R&D "factories" assigned and no update path leading to them: Will they become available regardless on or near the availability date shown, and do I simply convert a factory making a different plane to it if I want them? They will become available at the historical date even if zero R&D factories have been assigned.

2. Concerning surplus engines: Is there any use to having some for maintenance purposes of existing AC using that engine? If so, how many should be kept? If not, and no AC are being produced that use that engine, will they simply be scrapped? No. The excess unsed engines will stay in the pool forever. I still have the samee 122 Hitachi Amakaze engines in my pool in 12/44 as I did in 12/41

3. If I stop making an engine, let's say the Amakaze, but I later want to build the Shiragiku and/or Willow as kamikaze planes, will I be able to resume production of that engine? Yes. But whatever factory you reassign to produce will lose production capacity (about 1/3) and will need to be repaired. So not a good idea if you can help it.

Post #: 68
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/29/2013 11:10:34 PM   
DHRedge

quote:

A scare crow can also use his brains.

Sheryl Crow - Soak Up The Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIYiGA_rIls

However the money will be sent.

Translation, the babes know that in a just system they are not ruled by edict.

And I used to travel in a van when playing pool, and discussing many topics,
and will be building another RV when the money arrives.

< Message edited by DHRedge -- 6/29/2013 11:38:34 PM >

Post #: 69
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/30/2013 4:15:11 AM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: DHRedge

quote:

A scare crow can also use his brains.

Sheryl Crow - Soak Up The Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIYiGA_rIls

However the money will be sent.

Translation, the babes know that in a just system they are not ruled by edict.

And I used to travel in a van when playing pool, and discussing many topics,
and will be building another RV when the money arrives.

Alright, DH, here you're straying from the straight and narrow. Nobody knows what you're talking about beginning with "A scare crow can also use his brains" and more importantly, nobody cares. You really need to discipline yourself and not do that. I don't want to suggest that you're a schizophrenic, but you know whether or not you are, and you don't need to be advertising your condition in this way. I've seen it, you are able to contain yourself and say things that are worth reading, and ask questions that are worth asking. Stop imagining that the other forumites, or for that matter anyone you interact with will be delighted with your fantasy world. You're not stupid, you can contribute, and you can learn from others. When you get like you were with this last post, no one reads beyond the first sentence or two, and no one wants to hear any more from you. Give your audience what they want rather than something that just tumbles out of your head.

(in reply to DHRedge)
Post #: 70
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/30/2013 4:56:31 AM   
DHRedge

quote:

nobody cares.

Hence the issue. And you actually do care, but you are not in a position to correct the issue, although you have some support that is working on the issue, that you don't know about.

quote:

You really need to discipline yourself and not do that.

Ha(in a good way), you don't know how funny that is.
It took me a very long time to learn representative forms in non linear temporal sequence. Especially in regards to creating effects.

quote:

I don't want to suggest that you're a schizophrenic, but you know whether or not you are, and you don't need to be advertising your condition in this way.

Access and linkage outside of material sequences uses representative forms, so yes the process can be seen in that way, although it is more then that to create effects, but I not going to explain that. It is the same thing through all time, people that begin to access higher forms are called crazy, it is representative linking through conceptual, or moving of linking through other methods.

I don't have a condition, people think I have a condition, and if I do, then that would justify my position.
If a crazy person is not being compensated for being crazy, he should be crazy in the town square.

If it is true I was crazy, this should be exactly what I should be doing, however a better question would be, if I am crazy why has all disability been denied.
Because it was caused by, and is a continued effect of an action against me. The beauty of it is if you try to make some seem crazy, then people won't believe it was by unjust attack, they will say the person is crazy. However answer the simple question, why would they deny all disability. If it is because I am crazy, and not a blacklisting. So I might as well be crazy, and while doing that access various forms, and keep it entertaining.

And if you get as bored as me, you might find some innovated way to tell the same story, after telling it for 10 years.

quote:

I've seen it, you are able to contain yourself and say things that are worth reading,

Of coarse I can, I can discuss any topic logically within whatever information I have on some topic. I am quite 'normal' as you see it when I want to be, although representative forms are easier for both effects, and because things are so boring when in unjust confinement, and to remain transparent, should be posted in the open.

Why should I be 'contained' when the issue is they have ignored that money must be sent to me.
quote:

Stop imagining that the other forumites, or for that matter anyone you interact with will be delighted with your fantasy world.

I don't think people are delighted by my posts, although I do try to make them entertaining, much of that is for me and for sanity, however if you have another way to say the same thing, that I have not already done, you can suggest how I should say that.
the specific action of peaceful protest is to continually advocate your position, and although you don't know it, some others do, these movies are the media coverage.
Although if I was not in this unjust situation, I could build things that would delight or help people, I am not going to do that when I have not been paid.

What did they say to do about the NSA leaker, to ignore him.

quote:

You're not stupid, you can contribute

Of coarse I could contribute, I could also submit to various demands to be 'owned' and 'work' for some group when they have not paid me what is due already.
I was contributing when a wrongful debt was created that is owed to me, and it has not been paid, why would I contribute when I have not been paid.

I was contributing when I stopped a guy from being treated wrongly, and then they tried to do the same thing to me, and did create some issues by wrongful attack.
quote:

When you get like you were with this last post, no one reads beyond the first sentence or two, and no one wants to hear any more from you. Give your audience what they want rather than something that just tumbles out of your head.

Actually according to my sources, people want to hear the posts.

O Brother Where Art Thou
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKz1phnuCc

And if no people read my posts,
that does not mean they do not have an effect.

None of my posts reflect badly on me, I am the one due money. That is the issue. You would say nobody at this site has anything to do with that, but in truth, everyone that supported the system has something to do with that, and when it is not corrected everyone should know what the government has been doing for years. Although I understand people on this site probably wouldn't care, they have jobs to do and games to play.

I also understand
The primary current goal, is to get me to 'forget' about being 'due' and then I would be normal, and the same crap would happen again, as soon as I make a logical comment that is not submission to someone that thinks 'power' defines right, and I would be right back in the same situation anyways.

My position, including what you call crazy posting, that is actually very coordinated, and actually does make sense, if you know parts of what is behind stories, is the correct action.

And I know you are trying to be helpful, the help is not for me to assimilate into an unjust situation. And they have to admit they are not perfect, and there system is flawed to correct by compensating me, so they have so far refused to do that still. And much of TV and the Internet is manufactured anyways. I have spent years on web sites made to confine or group people that would not submit. And I have had my computers hacked making it impossible to play any games, or do any software. Literal black room hacking. You don't know what is actually occurring, so I don't fault you, but I been posting for 10 years, and dependent on what shard your TV and Internet is on, you can actually see ripples into reality when a cause is just and ignored, so it is important to post.

Or more accurately, to stand on there lawn and smoke cigarettes, its something to do.

Here is your problem, you think I am referencing the movies, when the movies are also referencing me.
Because the truth of it is hard for people to accept.

You don't understand. I know who this guy is. And he actually is not the bad guy
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x90/DerekHalfhand/p_zpsda102b3b.jpg

Movies and songs are actual stories about people told by muses. And people know that. But they can't comprehend it being true.

< Message edited by DHRedge -- 6/30/2013 5:01:15 AM >

Post #: 71
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/30/2013 5:05:25 AM   
geofflambert

Well, I didn't use the term "crazy" and I wouldn't apply it to you. It's a crude instrument and club I would not choose to beat you with, or anyone else. As I said, you're not stupid, and when you're on your medications, you know very well what the term Schizophrenia means. Nonetheless, it is apparent that I am a bad influence on you and for your own good I will avoid further contact. Try to have a good life and goodbye.

(in reply to DHRedge)
Post #: 72
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/30/2013 5:25:32 AM   
DHRedge

quote:

Alright, DH, here you're straying from the straight and narrow. Nobody knows what you're talking about beginning with "A scare crow can also use his brains" and more importantly, nobody cares. You really need to discipline yourself and not do that. I don't want to suggest that you're a schizophrenic, but you know whether or not you are, and you don't need to be advertising your condition in this way. I've seen it, you are able to contain yourself and say things that are worth reading, and ask questions that are worth asking. Stop imagining that the other forumites, or for that matter anyone you interact with will be delighted with your fantasy world. You're not stupid, you can contribute, and you can learn from others. When you get like you were with this last post, no one reads beyond the first sentence or two, and no one wants to hear any more from you. Give your audience what they want rather than something that just tumbles out of your head.

Going off the deep end here.

To tell you the truth.
Let me make it easy for you to understand.

Sixth Sense is a true story, why would a ghost tell that story through that writer? That ghost made it to the other side.

And all of the research of people that develop and like this game about WW2 loads many of you with support, but you can't hear them, but there are ways to make paths and bridges to homelands, and they talk through you. And most soldiers get left in limbo. Watch the movie Toy Story, it is about Ghosts raiding parts of the spirit world on Rescue mission with the help of people.

I was drawing pictures of Zeros when I was in second grade, and I can't draw, I know why.
I also bought and started playing, this game as a board game when I was 9 or 10 years old, I know why.
And sprits come through from all the research, since much of the motivation of research is spirits trying to tell the stories of there lives to make it to the other side, by paying a debt, by helping someone, but if it does not help, it pays no debt (scrooge doctrine)

This is not about crazy stuff, however I was attacked, so friends are helping, you can see a similar example in Return of The King, where Aragorn has debts to be paid by assistance. Most people never hear, so never forgive any debts, or help pay those debts by using inspiration to help anyone. Any attempt to help pays the debt in my view. hence much of it appears as songs and movies over the years.

Many people make spirits work for them in confinement,
the other method is assistance by inspiration, those that make it across the river.

The guy that said all kamikazes where the sign of a corrupt culture. That is a curse to keep them in limbo, sharks in the water. So that curse has to be broken, so that debt no longer exists, by setting the condition where when done out of love of there friends and family it did not create a debt, breaking that curse.

And you can see the Kamikazes making it home with the assistance of people that are like Medusa in this video. And many others, since the curses are against entire groups, and collectively against all soldiers, (cain doctrine).

Note the guide coming down, and escorting them to there home gardens.
Although it is all representative forms, where the Archer girl with the light bow, is a doorway to a specific location, and appears when linking there.

Your not listening to anything they say.
Ship does listen.

Of Men And Monsters - Little Talks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I

You don't have to believe it, but there are thousands of writers that know I am telling the truth, since they know they are being inspired.

< Message edited by DHRedge -- 6/30/2013 5:33:08 AM >

Post #: 73
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/30/2013 6:51:56 AM   
DHRedge

quote:

Well, I didn't use the term "crazy" and I wouldn't apply it to you. It's a crude instrument and club I would not choose to beat you with, or anyone else. As I said, you're not stupid, and when you're on your medications, you know very well what the term Schizophrenia means. Nonetheless, it is apparent that I am a bad influence on you and for your own good I will avoid further contact. Try to have a good life and goodbye.

No problem.

Note also, that in that video Brother Where Art Thou, that guy being racist.

He has the accusations he makes put back on him, the stereotypical look of some people from asia of that time.

So you have to think about that also, in case you are doubting it is about this situation.

I have enjoyed our conversations, good thoughts to you also.

Post #: 74
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 6/30/2013 10:25:59 PM   
DHRedge

It should be noted when I mention river I am speaking about The River Styx. An Older concept, where many other stories also rippled out from.

Don't Pay The FerryMan (note that is an explanation for inspiration, the person inspired, gets the spirit across the river by allowing him to express and pay some debt)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNwvIEQsg0

Styx - Babe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBi61pgDUP8

BE Wa RE

Bob Eastwood
Robert Eastwood
Washington State.

And thanks Don T, for paying.

You would have to have known Don McKay a mentor at the old pool hall The Ram. Right after posting this post they had a story on MSNBC, about a fire breather that caught on fire.
Why?
Don once told a story, there was a guy with no money, and he would come into the tavern and do a fire breathing trick to get a few dollars. Don always thought it was wrong for him to have to do that, then one day he inhaled instead of exhaled, and everyone knew it was wrong to require someone to breath fire to get money for a beer.

As I said, you would have had to have known Don, to understand. Although there is a story to be told.

Brothers In Arms - Dire Straits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5JkHBC5lDs

< Message edited by DHRedge -- 6/30/2013 11:21:25 PM >

(in reply to DHRedge)
Post #: 75
RE: questions related to Japanese production - 7/1/2013 12:37:05 AM   
DHRedge

Drunken Sailor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw

Star Blazers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYd8dC_WDVw

< Message edited by DHRedge -- 7/1/2013 12:41:00 AM >

(in reply to DHRedge)
Post #: 76
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: questions related to Japanese production Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI