Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Status on the iPad game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Status on the iPad game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/16/2013 12:57:58 AM   
rodney727

I did reset my password and still it say's user name or password is wrong! My user name is rodney727

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 31
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/16/2013 2:33:59 AM   
rodney727

Thank you Vpaulus !!!

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 32
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/25/2013 5:32:20 PM   
rodney727

Any news on the launch of beta for PC?

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 33
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/25/2013 5:47:44 PM   
rodney727

Never mind just got my rejection for beta. I'm guessing all beta testers are from the UK. Given our past relationship I do understand . It just hurts!. Have to rethink some things now.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 34
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/25/2013 9:44:55 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

We have a hard limit from Apple on the number of testers we are allowed. I'm not sure of the criteria used, but I would guess that we aimed to include existing testers as much as possible, as well as vocal PzC community members. Don't feel too bad, there are a LOT of people saddened not be have made it into the beta...

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 35
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/25/2013 11:26:06 PM   
rodney727

I guess this is a REALLY big case of "who you know" and not what you know. I'm sorry but who has been more vocal than me about this game than me? You have lost your biggest fan Mr. Pip. Your snide remarks rub me and I'm sure others the wrong way. But then again I expect nothing less from the British......I think the people should know also that the so called "100" testers only is total BS. The 100 testers only is on "Slitherine's " ability to manage the game with just "one" person working on it. I have beta tested many ipad games and never EVER heard of such a deal. The truth of the matter is they couldn't handle all of the "beta" testers that applied for it. I have lost all respect for them...and I won't be buying this game from them. I have also contacted other developers to see in fact this was true. Unless you submitted the app to the app store they have no control over anything you can do, make, or develop for the app in which you are making.

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 10/26/2013 8:19:55 PM >

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 36
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/28/2013 12:20:54 PM   
IainMcNeil

The fact is that an Apple account is allowed 100 UDID (that's devices). This covers the dev team and all testers. It's nothing to do with submitting it to the app store.

We have thousands of beta testers on other games and would love more but its not allowed by Apple. We've had numerous calls with them about this and they refuse to increase the limit.

You are probably talking about coupon codes which is a different thing entirely and limited to 50 per version you submit to the app store.

Of course its easier to assume you know best and there is an internal conspiracy to prevent us from testing our own game. To be honest I find your posts quite bizarre.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 37
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/29/2013 9:12:18 PM   
rodney727

Ok after some research I found out that yes indeed there is a limit of 100. At the time of my post I did not have that information. Trust but always verify. Sorry Iain if my posts seem bizarre to you. Just call it a cultural difference as we are separated by two very different languages.

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 10/29/2013 9:20:53 PM >

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 38
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/29/2013 11:14:30 PM   
Otto von Blotto

< Message edited by Otto von Blotto -- 10/29/2013 11:16:35 PM >

"Personal isn't the same as important"

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 39
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/29/2013 11:15:38 PM   
Otto von Blotto

Had a rethink and maybe above should have read.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727
Your snide remarks rub me and I'm sure others the wrong way. But then again I expect nothing less from the British......

So now your starting to put your toys back into your pram, how about a sorry to Pip and the rest of the British for the above cultural stereotyping in this and other posts.?

< Message edited by Otto von Blotto -- 10/29/2013 11:22:11 PM >

(in reply to Otto von Blotto)
Post #: 40
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/29/2013 11:42:55 PM   
rodney727

I enjoyed your first response better. I see we have a PC beta tester here. How's the game going? I'm sure all the testers are from the UK OR close by
quote:

ORIGINAL: Otto von Blotto

quote:

Your snide remarks rub me and I'm sure others the wrong way. But then again I expect nothing less from the British......

So now your starting to put your toys back into your pram, how about a sorry to Pip and the rest of the British for the above cultural stereotyping in this and other posts.?

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 41
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/30/2013 12:17:25 AM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

I guess this is a REALLY big case of "who you know" and not what you know. I'm sorry but who has been more vocal than me about this game than me? You have lost your biggest fan Mr. Pip. Your snide remarks rub me and I'm sure others the wrong way. But then again I expect nothing less from the British......I think the people should know also that the so called "100" testers only is total BS. The 100 testers only is on "Slitherine's " ability to manage the game with just "one" person working on it. I have beta tested many ipad games and never EVER heard of such a deal. The truth of the matter is they couldn't handle all of the "beta" testers that applied for it. I have lost all respect for them...and I won't be buying this game from them. I have also contacted other developers to see in fact this was true. Unless you submitted the app to the app store they have no control over anything you can do, make, or develop for the app in which you are making.

A post like this, both personally insulting and full of inaccurate accusations, is neither necessary nor useful.

And: please point out any 'snide' remarks.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 42
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/30/2013 12:37:22 AM   
Dthiele

Rogo, I understand your frustration, but I've got to vouch for the Slitherine folks. I'm in the Apple iOS developer program, and there is a limit on the number of devices that can be used for testing. I'm not affiliated with the Slitherine folks, and I didn't make the beta cut, either, but I'm going to be cheering on the beta testers so that I get the best product possible, as soon as possible. I definitely plan to purchase the product when it's published on the App Store. I hope you have a change of heart.

Post #: 43
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/30/2013 12:42:02 AM   
rodney727

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

Don't feel too bad, there are a LOT of people saddened not be have made it into the beta...

Cheers

Pip

This game used to mean the world to me. I have been the biggest supporter of PC being made for the iPad as I have fought so hard to make people realize that the iPad can do so much and that really no game has really pushed it to it's limits. Then for you to throw in the happy face really put a bitter taste in my mouth that I haven't played PC since. Fine yes there is a limit and I realize that you have an "inner circle" and regardless of what you say it's WHO YOU KNOW and not what you know. Sadly this is how life is. Yes there may be one or two people at matrix who are beta testing this game but I doubt very much so anyone else in America is. I have rambled enough mr. Pip. Peace.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 44
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 10/30/2013 1:18:48 AM   
Otto von Blotto

quote:

I enjoyed your first response better. I see we have a PC beta tester here. How's the game going? I'm sure all the testers are from the UK OR close by
quote:

quote:

Think again I am in no way a beta tester for this game under any platform and am no part of any inner circle. Still no apology to pip or the British either, very sad.

< Message edited by Otto von Blotto -- 10/30/2013 1:22:56 AM >

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 45
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 11/7/2013 12:22:45 AM   
rodney727

1. I want to say sorry to all my British friends. (Please understand I will somewhat always hold a grudge for burning our capital in the war of 1812)
2. Status on the iPad version? Anything???? Anything at all??!!!!
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Think again I am in no way a beta tester for this game under any platform and am no part of any inner circle. Still no apology to pip or the British either, very sad.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 46
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 11/7/2013 4:04:30 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

We have a small number of people playing the very first beta version as we speak. There are some memory issues which have been dealt with and we will continue beta testing. We're hopeful of getting it out in short order, but we definitely don't want to ship it until we are happy with the iPad incarnation.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 47
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 11/7/2013 5:00:00 PM   
rodney727

Thanks for the update. Take your time and get it right! Here are some things that ARE a must for the iPad game.
1. Please please please take advantage of iCloud ! Saved games, saved turns can go directly to iCloud thus freeing up memory on the iPad .
2. The cheat mode. There has to be an option for this just like the PC version. It is simply a must.
3. There will be many people who will purchase this who have never heard of slitherine/matrix why not create a separate forum for your android and tablet games? Please provide a direct link to get to your website .
4. I've said this before but why not creat an app in the App Store ? You would think if 25% of your sales comes from mobile gaming you would have an app in the App Store . For example I have the history channel app and I simply touch on it and it takes me to there website.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 48
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 11/25/2013 1:06:36 PM   
rodney727

I'm guessing now this game will be released sometime in 2014.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 49
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 11/26/2013 8:27:47 PM   
rodney727

Instead of holiday sales why don't you release the games you promised in 2013?

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 50
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 12/13/2013 11:40:45 AM   
Lord Zimoa

Panzer Corps iPad is ready

Release date and details announced

Epsom, UK – December 13th, 2013 – It’s finally here. One of the best strategy games of the past decade is coming to iPad on December 18th, unchanged and with no features left out. Panzer Corps Wehrmacht has been defined as “a great remake of a timeless classic”, “a great wargame”, “the most compelling game in years” and now it’s coming to the touch generation.

“The work on Panzer Corps for iPad has been a real team effort between our internal production team, Flashback Games and The Lordz Games Studio”, said Iain McNeil, Development Director of the Slitherine Group. “We really wanted the game to include every single feature the PC game has and that’s why it’s taken such a long time to release it, but we’re sure players will think it was worth the wait. We’ve even added some cool new features not on PC”.

Panzer Corps will release with full cross platform multiplayer, allowing players to match up against friends all over the world on any platform. It will also include all previously released DLCs and expansions, including the recently release Allied Corps and the ten linked Grand Campaign add-ons.

“We are willing to give this market something new, while staying true to our wargaming niche values”, said JD McNeil, Chairman of the Slitherine Group. “This project is a stepping stone because it shows we work with our development partners to bring the games to the next level even years after they’ve been released”.

With the recent announcement of Panzer Corps being Greenlit on Steam it promises to be a very bright future for the series. For more information about the game, check out the product page.

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 12/13/2013 12:42:22 PM >

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 51
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 12/13/2013 6:11:54 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

As I'm currently looking to expand my very limited IPad games, do you have a price that you can share with us on the base game and also the full monty?

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 52
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 12/13/2013 8:24:39 PM   
Robmypro

I am definitely buying this.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 53
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 12/14/2013 6:40:36 PM   
rodney727

Sounds good. Now do I even dare start to ask about commander the Great War ? :)

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to Robmypro)
Post #: 54
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 12/18/2013 10:18:10 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

A few questions concerning the Ipad release

1) Can you play any scenario at will outside of the Campaigns like you could Panzer General?

2) How large is the buy everything app in total?

3) To save space later can I drop off whatever addons later and keep certain ones only if I buy the give me everything?

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 12/18/2013 11:21:49 AM >

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 55
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 12/18/2013 10:23:48 AM   
rodney727

It's 1.25 g.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 56
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 12/18/2013 10:30:31 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

That is quite a bit less than the sum of all the original pc games. I'm guessing they had to lower the quality of some of the sprites etc.. I've never played Panzer Corps, but Pacific General (I think that was the name of it on the Playstation) was my first digital wargame I ever played and I played the heck out of it.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 57
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 12/18/2013 12:44:02 PM   
IainMcNeil

The PVR texture compression on iPad reduces files sizes about 80% with generally no noticeable loss in quality for most art. For some areas where it was noticeable we left the uncompressed versions.

You can play any scenario from the base game or AK or AC by selecting the scenario tab at the top right on the new game screen.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Post #: 58
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 12/18/2013 1:07:38 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

I'm going to purchase the Buy Everything later today. I need something decent to play on the iPad when away from home. I wonder how long it will be before GG A World at War comes out. Waiting on that one for sure.

Thanks for the replies Ian.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 59
RE: Status on the iPad game? - 12/18/2013 1:18:13 PM   
IainMcNeil

NP - World at War still has a lot to do. The whole UI has to be redesigned which is what is currently ongoing. That's probably the biggest task for the project.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Status on the iPad game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI