Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Wishlist Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wishlist - 1/10/2003 10:36:08 AM   
PzB74

I've been tinkering with TF compositions in my UV games and there are a couple of things I really miss.

If the AA rating for each ship could be rated in the TF and port menus, it would ease the work of putting TF's together considerably.

A combined AA rating for all ships in a TF would also be nice.
PacWar got it I think...and it's essential info.

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Post #: 1
- 1/10/2003 2:19:03 PM   
Krec

Do i dare say priority targeting...........oh sorry thats another thread. opps!!

couldnt resist , too easy:D

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 2
- 1/10/2003 2:52:41 PM   
Admiral Scott

I agree.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 3
Re: Wishlist - 1/10/2003 6:56:57 PM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PzB
[B]I've been tinkering with TF compositions in my UV games and there are a couple of things I really miss.

If the AA rating for each ship could be rated in the TF and port menus, it would ease the work of putting TF's together considerably.

A combined AA rating for all ships in a TF would also be nice.
PacWar got it I think...and it's essential info. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll add it to the list.

Rick
Disclaimer: Being on the list does not mean it will be implemented.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 4
- 1/10/2003 7:11:33 PM   
Raverdave

Hey kid.....that must be one hellva big list!:)

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 5
- 1/10/2003 7:14:48 PM   
Raverdave

OOOooooooo Mr Kid ! I just noticed the "WiTP Test team Manager......who did you have to blow...er I mean know to get that job?;) (Yeah I know it is an old joke but what the heck I don't get to use it often). :D

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 6
- 1/10/2003 7:42:02 PM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]OOOooooooo Mr Kid ! I just noticed the "WiTP Test team Manager......who did you have to blow...er I mean know to get that job?;) (Yeah I know it is an old joke but what the heck I don't get to use it often). :D [/B][/QUOTE]

First, I worked on UV as a tester for over a year.
Second, I showed Matrix that I had an amazing ability to deal tactfully with some of the less than gracious posters on the boards.:p

Rick

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 7
- 1/10/2003 7:45:09 PM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]Hey kid.....that must be one hellva big list!:) [/B][/QUOTE]

I actualy have several list going. Please keep in mind that I am nothing more that a pass through. Thats why I put this on a lot of my post:

Disclaimer: Being on the list does not mean it will be implemented.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 8
- 1/10/2003 7:46:36 PM   
Raverdave

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kid
[B]First, I worked on UV as a tester for over a year.
Second, I showed Matrix that I had an amazing ability to deal tactfully with some of the less than gracious posters on the boards.:p

Rick [/B][/QUOTE]

Touche` !:D

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 9
- 1/10/2003 9:51:04 PM   
Bax

Kid,

Could you please add these two improvements to the "load troops" selection screen:

1. Show units that are already being loaded onto a different TF as "Being loaded" or "not available for loading". Right now it is possible to accidently (or purposely)select a unit for loading that is already being loaded onto a different TF.

2. In the same "load troops" selection screen, could the fatigue and disruption of units be listed, so that we can easily see which troops not to load if we're trying to give them some rest.

Thanks!

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 10
- 1/11/2003 2:32:30 AM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bax
[B]Kid,

Could you please add these two improvements to the "load troops" selection screen:

1. Show units that are already being loaded onto a different TF as "Being loaded" or "not available for loading". Right now it is possible to accidently (or purposely)select a unit for loading that is already being loaded onto a different TF.

2. In the same "load troops" selection screen, could the fatigue and disruption of units be listed, so that we can easily see which troops not to load if we're trying to give them some rest.

Thanks! [/B][/QUOTE]

Added.

Rick

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 11
I don't understand... - 1/11/2003 6:03:14 AM   
Orion_SS1

...two of the previous three requests. AA ratings are available in the new TF listing by right-clicking on the name of a ship in the Available list.

And if you look at the Load Cost on the Load Troops screen, you can tell which units are being loaded aboard ships in another task force by their diminished Load Cost.

(The fatigue/disruption listing is probably a good idea, especially in a very long campaign.)

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 12
Then let me help you - 1/11/2003 8:49:05 AM   
Bax

quote:

And if you look at the Load Cost on the Load Troops screen, you can tell which units are being loaded aboard ships in another task force by their diminished Load Cost.

Yes, as long as you have memorized that the Yokosuka 5th Special Naval Landing Force has a starting load cost of 1500. But the little help I asked for would be very helpful to newbies, or even oldies whose memory is not as good as it used to be! ;)

And what about situations where you have partial units sitting there in base? Those probably won't be sitting there with nice, round numbers.

quote:

AA ratings are available in the new TF listing by right-clicking on the name of a ship in the Available list.

Right again, but what I think PzB was driving at was having the AA ratings available on the port screen, and be able to sort them by AA rating, so that you could say "aha, I have 4 DD's with an AA rating of 372", rather than having to go into each ship's individual screen to find that info out. Like PzB, I tend to do a lot of planning in the port screen and not the "create TF screen". It helps give you a broader, overall picture.

I especially like his idea for having a total, cumulative AA value for the TF as you create it, so you can get a relative idea of how strong it is compared to other TF's you may have created.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Wishlist Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI